• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:18
CEST 13:18
KST 20:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7507 users

Snute: Sheer Force of Will - Rank 12 - Road to BlizzCon -…

Forum Index > SC2 General
37 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
starkiller123
Profile Joined January 2016
United States4030 Posts
October 14 2017 17:59 GMT
#21
ahh its impossible to not be a fan of Snute
baiesradu
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
Romania150 Posts
October 14 2017 21:20 GMT
#22
I find his stream extremely entertaining.
I love him as a player and a respect him as a person !
I feel bad for him every time he fails to meet his standards !
He deserves to make a good living playing this game !
I love Starcraft .
VengefulTree
Profile Joined May 2014
Canada637 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-15 05:16:17
October 15 2017 05:16 GMT
#23
It must be so weird to be a pro and to read a writer describing yourself with such grandiloquence. Nice write-up though.

Not sure about Snute never allowing himself to succumb to his own tendencies though, I think I recall him being overly careful and defensive a few times in the WCS circuit.
"I'll temper my comments the best I can. To have Stats ranked anything below 2nd is total absolute bullcrap! A travesty an abomination!" - Rolltide | "When a foreign Terran is about to win, the entire universe conspires against him" - Paulo Coelho
DSK
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
England1110 Posts
October 15 2017 11:12 GMT
#24
On October 15 2017 02:59 starkiller123 wrote:
ahh its impossible to not be a fan of Snute


Agreed. I don't have single bad thing to say about him. Hope his hard work and effort reward him in the near future.
**@ YT: SC2POVs at https://www.youtube.com/c/SC2POVsTV | https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/SC2POVs @**
lechatnoir
Profile Joined November 2016
392 Posts
October 15 2017 12:40 GMT
#25
Gods my wife and I want snute to succeed so much. Jens would deserve it after the back2back silvers.
Argonauta
Profile Joined July 2016
Spain4967 Posts
October 15 2017 12:53 GMT
#26
I think this one nails it.
Rogue | Maru | Scarlett | Trap
TL+ Member
Yo_Man
Profile Joined May 2017
43 Posts
October 15 2017 14:28 GMT
#27
good to see that mentioning Life (positively) in an article is no longer taboo
GreatCraft
Profile Joined March 2017
21 Posts
October 15 2017 17:54 GMT
#28
Snute is real and perseveres. I like Snute. Go Snute!
Asunanas
Profile Joined April 2011
53 Posts
October 15 2017 20:27 GMT
#29
Man I genuinely hope that Snute has a successful Blizzcon run, he's been my favorite foreigner since 2012 and it's always so sad to see him sad.

Snute fighting!!
ShmubDub
Profile Joined May 2016
3 Posts
October 16 2017 01:34 GMT
#30
That herO Snute series was the first televised pro match of sc2 I ever watched. Followed closely behind herO vs Jaedong in the same day. That was half the reason I decided I wanted to play competitively. Snute we will always have your back, even through the roughest of times. I will always cheer for you no matter your result. You and soO and ByuL have made me look at progamers in a completely different way with your stories of near success and crushing failure. I never thought I could care so much about someone I don't even know. GL in blizzcon, your an inspiration.
Kitai
Profile Joined June 2012
United States886 Posts
October 16 2017 05:33 GMT
#31
On October 15 2017 23:28 Yo_Man wrote:
good to see that mentioning Life (positively) in an article is no longer taboo


I didn't think it was that uncommon. Life never really got the sAviOr treatment where the entire community acted as though he was the devil incarnate despite their similar situations. I'm not really sure why (not that I'm disappointed - just curious).
"You know, I don't care if soO got 100 second places in a row. Anyone who doesn't think that he's going to win blizzcon watching this series is a fool" - Artosis, Blizzcon 2014 soO vs TaeJa
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 16 2017 06:30 GMT
#32
On October 16 2017 14:33 Kitai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2017 23:28 Yo_Man wrote:
good to see that mentioning Life (positively) in an article is no longer taboo


I didn't think it was that uncommon. Life never really got the sAviOr treatment where the entire community acted as though he was the devil incarnate despite their similar situations. I'm not really sure why (not that I'm disappointed - just curious).

Because he was a young kid who threw two games, as opposed to leading and coordinatnig an organised match-fixing ring.

Still, he jeopardized the integrity of the scene and should not be allowed back.

But honsetly, I don't think we shouldn't mention him, that seems kinda stupid. He was the God of Zerg for a long time.
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
October 16 2017 06:31 GMT
#33
No matter what, I just want Snute to do well enough that he is happy with himself.

I hope he stays motivated after a good result and keeps going!
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
YamiRi
Profile Joined September 2015
152 Posts
October 16 2017 06:32 GMT
#34
I really hope Snute would do well this time in Blizzcon.. not putting pressure on him but I really hope and cheer for him
washikie
Profile Joined February 2011
United States752 Posts
October 16 2017 07:36 GMT
#35
Snutes solid defensive play will always make him a contender. I think he has a decent shot.
"when life gives Hero lemons he makes carriers" -Artosis
XiZeL
Profile Joined July 2014
Switzerland92 Posts
October 16 2017 12:50 GMT
#36
On October 14 2017 22:28 mortyFromRickAndMort wrote:
Why are there so many whites at Blizzcon? Did they change the format to have affirmative action for foreigners?

I got warned for this, but I genuinely don't know...

User was warned for this post


here is your answer kind sir
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/File:2017_WCS_Format.jpg

I watch more starcraft than i play it
Kitai
Profile Joined June 2012
United States886 Posts
October 16 2017 15:19 GMT
#37
On October 16 2017 15:30 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2017 14:33 Kitai wrote:
On October 15 2017 23:28 Yo_Man wrote:
good to see that mentioning Life (positively) in an article is no longer taboo


I didn't think it was that uncommon. Life never really got the sAviOr treatment where the entire community acted as though he was the devil incarnate despite their similar situations. I'm not really sure why (not that I'm disappointed - just curious).

Because he was a young kid who threw two games, as opposed to leading and coordinatnig an organised match-fixing ring.


Ahh, I didn't realize he led and coordinated it. Thanks for the correction.
"You know, I don't care if soO got 100 second places in a row. Anyone who doesn't think that he's going to win blizzcon watching this series is a fool" - Artosis, Blizzcon 2014 soO vs TaeJa
LTLgnuoy00
Profile Joined June 2011
United States52 Posts
October 19 2017 01:58 GMT
#38
how can anyone not like snute ...
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 525
WardiTV210
Rex99
Liquipedia
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 3
Soma vs JaedongLIVE!
Afreeca ASL 17049
StarCastTV_EN406
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko347
mouzHeroMarine 321
ProTech122
Rex 99
OGKoka 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 11601
EffOrt 5582
BeSt 1744
ZerO 1141
Horang2 1021
Larva 851
Hyuk 849
Hyun 276
Zeus 267
Stork 213
[ Show more ]
Light 206
Killer 192
Barracks 123
Rush 86
Mini 83
Yoon 61
ggaemo 48
ToSsGirL 41
Shinee 35
Bale 32
Terrorterran 25
Sacsri 21
PianO 20
Mong 20
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
sorry 10
HiyA 7
Noble 6
Dota 2
Dendi920
League of Legends
KnowMe38
Counter-Strike
byalli857
x6flipin151
Other Games
singsing1948
olofmeister1542
XaKoH 415
crisheroes278
Sick198
Pyrionflax157
ArmadaUGS57
Mew2King52
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream475
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 227
lovetv 7
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH308
• StrangeGG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1856
Other Games
• WagamamaTV196
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 43m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 43m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 43m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.