On May 29 2017 04:16 lagcats wrote:
this is starting to be a trend
this is starting to be a trend
AoS killed SC
| Forum Index > SC2 General |
|
rotta
5652 Posts
On May 29 2017 04:16 lagcats wrote: this is starting to be a trend AoS killed SC | ||
|
breaker1328
Canada301 Posts
On May 28 2017 14:29 ParksonVN wrote: I wonder how those people who never played at competitive LOL could become LOL coaches ? Like MC before, and now Violet. It's not just LoL but also with stick and ball sports where the majority of coaches were minor league players at best but have a high understanding of the game and are able to teach it effectively. The best player in the history of the NHL, Wayne Gretzky, was a terrible coach but possibly the most well known former NHL coach, Don Cherry, had a pretty succesful coaching career in the NHL despite only ever playing 1 game in the NHL. eSports may be a bit of a different animal than traditional sports but I would imagine someone like Tasteless would make an excellent SC2 coach despite not even playing the game anymore. At the very least people like viOlet and MC would be in a position to offer players a different outside perspective than players that are completely immersed in the game/scene. | ||
|
razedbywolves
United States8 Posts
On May 28 2017 14:29 ParksonVN wrote: I wonder how those people who never played at competitive LOL could become LOL coaches ? Like MC before, and now Violet. I'm sure that teams value their experience in competitive eSports at such a high level. Practice habits, analysis, psychological aspects of being a progamer, and familiarity with the infrastructure of a very developed Korean professional scene would be invaluable for pro teams. With an influx of younger players who are mechanically and tactically gifted but maybe unfamiliar with the pro scene, I'm sure Violet can offer a lot. I'm not sure he'll be successful because I don't know his experience in League but I could see why a team would take a chance on him as coach. | ||
|
lestye
United States4243 Posts
| ||
|
Jj_82
Swaziland419 Posts
| ||
|
RevTiberius
Canada353 Posts
| ||
| ||
StarCraft 2 StarCraft: Brood War actioN Dota 2Bisu HiyA hero Mong Shine Bale NotJumperer sorry Terrorterran [ Show more ] League of Legends Counter-Strike Heroes of the Storm Other Games |
|
Sparkling Tuna Cup
Afreeca Starleague
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
Kung Fu Cup
The PondCast
Replay Cast
CranKy Ducklings
Online Event
FEL
AI Arena Tournament
[ Show More ] BSL: Ladder Tournament
Sparkling Tuna Cup
BSL Open Qualifier
BSL Open Qualifier
WardiTV Weekly
|
|
|