• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:43
CEST 10:43
KST 17:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6893 users

INnoVation: "I’ll be going to Katowice, so I’m very glad.…

Forum Index > SC2 General
26 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 Next All
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33705 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-12-18 07:03:43
December 18 2016 06:58 GMT
#1
This is a translated transcription of the post-match press conference with IEM Gyeonggi champion, (T)INnoVation

First, tell us how you feel about winning the championship

Playing in IEM, I didn’t think so far as winning the championship. I’m very happy I was able to advance step by step until I won the championship. I feel like I’ve been rewarded for how hard I worked, so I feel good.

Did you expect to win so easily, 4-0?

Actually, since Terran versus Protoss is hard, I wasn’t thinking I’d win 4-0. I felt like I might lose, and even if I won, it would be difficult. Maybe Stats was more nervous than I expected—his usual skill level didn’t come out, so I think I was able to win easily.

When you were ahead 3-0, did you think about the reverse sweep you suffered against Soulkey?

While the finals against Soulkey came to mind, but there was also that time I defeated sOs 4-0 in a Terran vs Protoss final. Thinking of that, I felt that I was very strong in finals against Protoss.

There weren’t any long games today. Is TvP hard if get to the late game and Protoss can get their composition together?

TvP is harder as it goes later, but as long as you can seize the advantage in the early and mid game, I think there are timings where you are pretty strong. It’s not like you can avoid going to the late game altogether, so I just played the game as it came naturally to me.

You used a proxy cyclone build. Were you confident in that strategy?

Honestly, it was a build I hadn’t practiced a single game of. I’ve played it twice, once against Trust and against Stats today. It’s a build I’ve only thought about in my head. It just felt like it would work, I thought it was fine. Also I heard there were similar builds to it in the past. I was ahead in score, so I used it thinking if it would be fine if it was stopped in one game.

You earned a spot at the IEM World Championship.

I’ll be going to Katowice, so I’m very glad. I think whoever wins there is the true winner, this is just a taste. Since the tournament is in March, there’s a lot of time left, so I’ll try to practice hard until then.

What are your goals for 2017?

The GSL preliminaries are coming up. I think I need to win the GSL at least once to get a safe amount of points. So my goal is winning GSL once.

You can win a BlizzCon spot by winning Katowice as well.

I didn’t know that, but that’s great. Katowice is a really big stage, the World Championship. To a progamer, it’s a stage you dream of. I’m glad I can stand on that stage, I’m happy.

Anything you want to say to conclude?

I’m streaming regularly and interacting with my fans, so please come watch.
Facebook Twitter Reddit
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
FlyingSheeP
Profile Joined March 2011
China45 Posts
December 18 2016 07:09 GMT
#2
yay
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~
Peggies
Profile Joined December 2016
Philippines9 Posts
December 18 2016 07:16 GMT
#3
been watching Inno's stream lately and I think he really deserves this Championship.. I wanted a 4-2 score though but great show of dominace.. :D
INNOVATION FLASH FANTASY SKT1 FOREVER
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
December 18 2016 07:16 GMT
#4
Not enough "because I am INnoVation".
Nakajin
Profile Blog Joined September 2014
Canada8991 Posts
December 18 2016 07:49 GMT
#5
Omg he never practiced the proxy cyclone build before, did we just saw INnoVation innovate!?
Writerhttp://i.imgur.com/9p6ufcB.jpg
agsub
Profile Joined May 2012
Singapore368 Posts
December 18 2016 07:51 GMT
#6
Grats inno!
yht9657
Profile Joined December 2016
1810 Posts
December 18 2016 07:55 GMT
#7
"Terran versus Protoss is hard". Inno played well indeed, but since the recent patches it's actually hard time for Protoss I'm afraid.
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
December 18 2016 08:30 GMT
#8
Cute that he hadn't practiced that proxy build.
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
ShAd_1337
Profile Joined January 2016
Germany1042 Posts
December 18 2016 09:35 GMT
#9
the king is back!
I like Dark
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
December 18 2016 09:48 GMT
#10
Big cheer for his streams. And go Inno in GSL!
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
imre
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
France9263 Posts
December 18 2016 11:06 GMT
#11
On December 18 2016 16:49 Nakajin wrote:
Omg he never practiced the proxy cyclone build before, did we just saw INnoVation innovate!?


Inno is actually a huge influence regarding terran builds & strategies. Just because he sticks to his guns for a looooong time when he finds something doesn't mean he never innovates.
Zest fanboy.
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
December 18 2016 11:24 GMT
#12
On December 18 2016 20:06 imre wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2016 16:49 Nakajin wrote:
Omg he never practiced the proxy cyclone build before, did we just saw INnoVation innovate!?


Inno is actually a huge influence regarding terran builds & strategies. Just because he sticks to his guns for a looooong time when he finds something doesn't mean he never innovates.

Yeah, he often sets the standard.

But that build (or a very similar one) was used in the GSL test map tournament by TY and ByuN so it's not like it's totally new.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
imre
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
France9263 Posts
December 18 2016 11:31 GMT
#13
On December 18 2016 20:24 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2016 20:06 imre wrote:
On December 18 2016 16:49 Nakajin wrote:
Omg he never practiced the proxy cyclone build before, did we just saw INnoVation innovate!?


Inno is actually a huge influence regarding terran builds & strategies. Just because he sticks to his guns for a looooong time when he finds something doesn't mean he never innovates.

Yeah, he often sets the standard.

But that build (or a very similar one) was used in the GSL test map tournament by TY and ByuN so it's not like it's totally new.


On the other hand, be ready for 6 months of hellion/cyclone if it's not nerfed.
Zest fanboy.
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
December 18 2016 11:34 GMT
#14
On December 18 2016 20:31 imre wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2016 20:24 Elentos wrote:
On December 18 2016 20:06 imre wrote:
On December 18 2016 16:49 Nakajin wrote:
Omg he never practiced the proxy cyclone build before, did we just saw INnoVation innovate!?


Inno is actually a huge influence regarding terran builds & strategies. Just because he sticks to his guns for a looooong time when he finds something doesn't mean he never innovates.

Yeah, he often sets the standard.

But that build (or a very similar one) was used in the GSL test map tournament by TY and ByuN so it's not like it's totally new.


On the other hand, be ready for 6 months of hellion/cyclone if it's not nerfed.

SKT was already working on hellion/cyclone even before the patch came out. It's oov's legacy
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
December 18 2016 12:10 GMT
#15
Inno should start saying "Because I am Innovation" for real now. He should make it his thing.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Gwavajuice
Profile Joined June 2014
France1810 Posts
December 18 2016 12:35 GMT
#16
On December 18 2016 21:10 Musicus wrote:
Inno should start saying "Because I am Innovation" for real now. He should make it his thing.



I'm not sure he's that cocky, it would be more of a Parting kind of line....
Dear INno and all the former STX boys.
Gwavajuice
Profile Joined June 2014
France1810 Posts
December 18 2016 12:40 GMT
#17
On December 18 2016 20:31 imre wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2016 20:24 Elentos wrote:
On December 18 2016 20:06 imre wrote:
On December 18 2016 16:49 Nakajin wrote:
Omg he never practiced the proxy cyclone build before, did we just saw INnoVation innovate!?


Inno is actually a huge influence regarding terran builds & strategies. Just because he sticks to his guns for a looooong time when he finds something doesn't mean he never innovates.

Yeah, he often sets the standard.

But that build (or a very similar one) was used in the GSL test map tournament by TY and ByuN so it's not like it's totally new.


On the other hand, be ready for 6 months of hellion/cyclone if it's not nerfed.



It won't be nerfed imho, but I wouldn't be suprised if the baneling nerf was put on stand by for a while because of this.

On December 18 2016 20:24 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2016 20:06 imre wrote:
On December 18 2016 16:49 Nakajin wrote:
Omg he never practiced the proxy cyclone build before, did we just saw INnoVation innovate!?


Inno is actually a huge influence regarding terran builds & strategies. Just because he sticks to his guns for a looooong time when he finds something doesn't mean he never innovates.

Yeah, he often sets the standard.

But that build (or a very similar one) was used in the GSL test map tournament by TY and ByuN so it's not like it's totally new.



The thing with INno is how refined his builds are and how he has an adaptation for every scenario, so when playing terran he is the guy to copy, unlike Maru or ByuN who you know you won't be able to copy unless you have insane micro and multitask.

INnoVation is the textbook terran.
Dear INno and all the former STX boys.
imre
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
France9263 Posts
December 18 2016 13:14 GMT
#18
On December 18 2016 21:40 Gwavajuice wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2016 20:31 imre wrote:
On December 18 2016 20:24 Elentos wrote:
On December 18 2016 20:06 imre wrote:
On December 18 2016 16:49 Nakajin wrote:
Omg he never practiced the proxy cyclone build before, did we just saw INnoVation innovate!?


Inno is actually a huge influence regarding terran builds & strategies. Just because he sticks to his guns for a looooong time when he finds something doesn't mean he never innovates.

Yeah, he often sets the standard.

But that build (or a very similar one) was used in the GSL test map tournament by TY and ByuN so it's not like it's totally new.


On the other hand, be ready for 6 months of hellion/cyclone if it's not nerfed.



It won't be nerfed imho, but I wouldn't be suprised if the baneling nerf was put on stand by for a while because of this.

Show nested quote +
On December 18 2016 20:24 Elentos wrote:
On December 18 2016 20:06 imre wrote:
On December 18 2016 16:49 Nakajin wrote:
Omg he never practiced the proxy cyclone build before, did we just saw INnoVation innovate!?


Inno is actually a huge influence regarding terran builds & strategies. Just because he sticks to his guns for a looooong time when he finds something doesn't mean he never innovates.

Yeah, he often sets the standard.

But that build (or a very similar one) was used in the GSL test map tournament by TY and ByuN so it's not like it's totally new.



The thing with INno is how refined his builds are and how he has an adaptation for every scenario, so when playing terran he is the guy to copy, unlike Maru or ByuN who you know you won't be able to copy unless you have insane micro and multitask.

INnoVation is the textbook terran.


His cc 1st with the cancelled marau into mech at the end of HotS was like the perfect opening. Eco oriented and safe at the same time assuming you were scouting correctly. Lovely stuff to copy.
Zest fanboy.
Makro
Profile Joined March 2011
France16890 Posts
December 18 2016 13:46 GMT
#19
innovation back in the game
Matthew 5:10 "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of shitposting, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven".
TL+ Member
Lightrush
Profile Joined July 2015
Bulgaria164 Posts
December 18 2016 14:26 GMT
#20
He won with a build he didnt practice ? Damn thats impressive. And even the interview a lot better than the previous one.
User was warned for this post
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 821
actioN 522
Mong 201
BeSt 194
Killer 114
Dewaltoss 113
sSak 52
ZergMaN 39
Bale 31
sorry 31
[ Show more ]
Aegong 28
NotJumperer 26
Noble 11
yabsab 10
League of Legends
JimRising 454
Counter-Strike
byalli598
Other Games
summit1g9370
olofmeister990
Happy315
Sick193
crisheroes178
KnowMe94
Pyrionflax28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick748
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream52
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos830
• Stunt543
Other Games
• WagamamaTV71
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 18m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2h 18m
Monday Night Weeklies
7h 18m
Replay Cast
14h 18m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 2h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.