• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:19
CEST 00:19
KST 07:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7833 users

The Cannon Rush Hall of Fame - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
157 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
September 05 2016 16:14 GMT
#41
These videos make me miss old WCS so much. The daily dose of great SC2, for some many evenings ...
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
September 05 2016 16:21 GMT
#42
This article is fantastic.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
gaulzi
Profile Joined April 2011
Iceland24 Posts
September 05 2016 16:32 GMT
#43
Macro is for noobs who can't cannon rush.
sup
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
September 05 2016 16:34 GMT
#44
On September 06 2016 01:32 gaulzi wrote:
Macro is for noobs who can't cannon rush.

shoutout to gaulzi's first post in 3 years
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
NEEDZMOAR
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Sweden1277 Posts
September 05 2016 16:37 GMT
#45
so much of my viewer rage gathered in one place.
Makro
Profile Joined March 2011
France16890 Posts
September 05 2016 16:52 GMT
#46
On September 06 2016 01:32 gaulzi wrote:
Macro is for noobs who can't cannon rush.

amen
Matthew 5:10 "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of shitposting, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven".
TL+ Member
KtJ
Profile Joined October 2014
United States3514 Posts
September 05 2016 17:13 GMT
#47
This is perfect. All hail Has!
"I thought I destroyed my CC but it seemed like the only thing I destroyed was Idra's mentality."
Gwavajuice
Profile Joined June 2014
France1810 Posts
September 05 2016 17:16 GMT
#48
Maybe it's the right place to ask, it's been a long time I've been looking for game that taught me how to defend canon rush as a Protoss (well I don't play protoss anymore so I've not been looking for it lately...)

The map is Ohana <insert Rotterdam explaining how it means family>
The date is "around the end of WoL"
The canon rusher is MC
The defender is ??? (super? creator? I don't remember, it was I think an eSF protoss, not an extremely hyped one, but not sure)
The tournament is Code A (or up and downs? 2013 season 1? 2012 season 4? WCS 2013? a totally different tournament?) all I'm (kinda) sure of is it's casted by Wolf and Khaldor (maybe not?)

The defender does a brilliant stalker micro, MC is totally dominated, I've never lost vs canon rush as a protoss after watching that.

I ve skimmed through liquipedia and never could find that game which means there is something false about what I think I remember.

Anyone knows what I m talking about???
Dear INno and all the former STX boys.
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
September 05 2016 17:17 GMT
#49
This is the best thing TL has produced since The Big Book Of Protoss Bullshit. Truly a shrine to our greatest heroes of SC2.
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
Erik.TheRed
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1655 Posts
September 05 2016 17:21 GMT
#50
Amazing. Thanks for the trip down memory lane
"See you space cowboy"
fr4nk1sh
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden59 Posts
September 05 2016 17:22 GMT
#51
On September 05 2016 23:00 opisska wrote:
I am seeing the cannon background through the videos, how did you did that and is that intentional? Because it's really annoying ...


I thought it was a really cool addition :D.. Thanks for the writeup great stuff
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
September 05 2016 17:24 GMT
#52
On September 06 2016 02:16 Gwavajuice wrote:
Maybe it's the right place to ask, it's been a long time I've been looking for game that taught me how to defend canon rush as a Protoss (well I don't play protoss anymore so I've not been looking for it lately...)

The map is Ohana
The date is "around the end of WoL"
The canon rusher is MC
The defender is ??? (super? creator? I don't remember, it was I think an eSF protoss, not an extremely hyped one, but not sure)
The tournament is Code A (or up and downs? 2013 season 1? 2012 season 4? WCS 2013? a totally different tournament?) all I'm (kinda) sure of is it's casted by Wolf and Khaldor (maybe not?)

The defender does a brilliant stalker micro, MC is totally dominated, I've never lost vs canon rush as a protoss after watching that.

I ve skimmed through liquipedia and never could find that game which means there is something false about what I think I remember.

Anyone knows what I m talking about???


The only Ohana game MC lost in WOL was against PartinG during OSL 2012. Not sure if you can still find this game
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
ggrrg
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Bulgaria2717 Posts
September 05 2016 17:32 GMT
#53
Lovely article. Made my day xD
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
September 05 2016 17:32 GMT
#54
On September 06 2016 01:14 opisska wrote:
These videos make me miss old WCS so much. The daily dose of great SC2, for some many evenings ...

True, the league format being taken away was so sad.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Gwavajuice
Profile Joined June 2014
France1810 Posts
September 05 2016 17:37 GMT
#55
On September 06 2016 02:24 lichter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2016 02:16 Gwavajuice wrote:
Maybe it's the right place to ask, it's been a long time I've been looking for game that taught me how to defend canon rush as a Protoss (well I don't play protoss anymore so I've not been looking for it lately...)

The map is Ohana <insert Rotterdam explaining how it means family>
The date is "around the end of WoL"
The canon rusher is MC
The defender is ??? (super? creator? I don't remember, it was I think an eSF protoss, not an extremely hyped one, but not sure)
The tournament is Code A (or up and downs? 2013 season 1? 2012 season 4? WCS 2013? a totally different tournament?) all I'm (kinda) sure of is it's casted by Wolf and Khaldor (maybe not?)

The defender does a brilliant stalker micro, MC is totally dominated, I've never lost vs canon rush as a protoss after watching that.

I ve skimmed through liquipedia and never could find that game which means there is something false about what I think I remember.

Anyone knows what I m talking about???


The only Ohana game MC lost in WOL was against PartinG during OSL 2012. Not sure if you can still find this game


From what I can read in the live report thread, this game was more abou tcolossi war, so no....
Dear INno and all the former STX boys.
Gwavajuice
Profile Joined June 2014
France1810 Posts
September 05 2016 17:39 GMT
#56
Btw exclellent article, even better seasoned with KT/Zest fans salt, but as much as I love Has vs Jaedong, MC vs Idra is so hilarious it will be forever the best...
Dear INno and all the former STX boys.
Magnifico
Profile Joined March 2013
1958 Posts
September 05 2016 17:45 GMT
#57
Sweet article. Now, in honor of Zest, we need the The Cannon Rush Hall of Shame article, showcasing the worst cannon rushes of all time.


PepsiMaxxxx
Profile Joined October 2012
Sweden5452 Posts
September 05 2016 18:06 GMT
#58
You should make an article about great holds against Cannon rushers as well.
stardog
Profile Joined August 2011
556 Posts
September 05 2016 18:32 GMT
#59
I love how MrBitter was trying to keep his professional face while secretly thinking "this is not right".
Clonester
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany2808 Posts
September 05 2016 18:44 GMT
#60
Great article, but now all I am left with is the pain of losing the WCS Leagues of 2014/2013:

You come home, you open up your PC, you let run WCS stream and boom, 4-5 hours of great starcraft during the week with great players from Korean and the West.
Bomber, Attacker, DD, SOMEBODY, NiKo, Nex, Spidii
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O174
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft204
Nina 84
ViBE61
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14139
ZZZero.O 174
Dewaltoss 139
firebathero 97
Hyuk 72
Terrorterran 26
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm109
febbydoto56
League of Legends
Doublelift3782
Counter-Strike
Fnx 833
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5638
Other Games
summit1g6928
FrodaN2777
fl0m744
mouzStarbuck377
JimRising 294
KnowMe262
ToD188
ArmadaUGS144
Mew2King41
Railgan30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1160
BasetradeTV168
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream100
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 66
• musti20045 35
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie789
• Shiphtur207
• tFFMrPink 16
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 41m
INu's Battles
13h 41m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
16h 41m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 41m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 17h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.