• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:20
CEST 20:20
KST 03:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8483 users

[WCS] Gold Series International Shanghai - Preview - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
54 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
Soke
Profile Joined September 2012
United States790 Posts
March 23 2016 15:52 GMT
#41
Sioras is a hidden God.... HOLY MOLY o.o
Djsoke
showstealer1829
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
Australia3123 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-23 17:30:11
March 23 2016 17:29 GMT
#42
I had an epiphany last night while I was sleeping.

I normally do not care for these WCS Welfare tournaments outside of Has but last night I realised this time I have another dog in the fight.

I want Sioras to win this tournament more than I've wanted anyone to win a Starcraft tournament outside of Ryung in the infamous "IMBA" GSL

But it's also different. I wanted Ryung to win cause I was a huge fan of Ryung and genuinely wanted him to win. I don't want Sioras to win because I'm a fan of his.

No I want Sioras to win because Sioras winning to me would be the perfect example of WCS 2016. A fake qualifier winning a fake "Premier" tournament over the crushed hopes and dreams of a player who was better than him but "Whoops he's Korean, so fuck him"
There is no understanding. There is only Choya. Choya is the way. Choya is Love. Choya is Life. Has is the Light in the Protoss Dark and Nightmare is his chosen Acolyte
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
March 23 2016 17:32 GMT
#43
On March 24 2016 02:29 showstealer1829 wrote:
I had an epiphany last night while I was sleeping.

I normally do not care for these WCS Welfare tournaments outside of Has but last night I realised this time I have another dog in the fight.

I want Sioras to win this tournament more than I've wanted anyone to win a Starcraft tournament outside of Ryung in the infamous "IMBA" GSL

But it's also different. I wanted Ryung to win cause I was a huge fan of Ryung and genuinely wanted him to win. I don't want Sioras to win because I'm a fan of his.

No I want Sioras to win because Sioras winning to me would be the perfect example of WCS 2016. A fake qualifier winning a fake "Premier" tournament over the crushed hopes and dreams of a player who was better than him but "Whoops he's Korean, so fuck him"

we get it, you don't like WCS

stop trying to shit on everyone's else parade
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Soularion
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Canada2764 Posts
March 23 2016 17:55 GMT
#44
On March 24 2016 02:29 showstealer1829 wrote:
I had an epiphany last night while I was sleeping.

I normally do not care for these WCS Welfare tournaments outside of Has but last night I realised this time I have another dog in the fight.

I want Sioras to win this tournament more than I've wanted anyone to win a Starcraft tournament outside of Ryung in the infamous "IMBA" GSL

But it's also different. I wanted Ryung to win cause I was a huge fan of Ryung and genuinely wanted him to win. I don't want Sioras to win because I'm a fan of his.

No I want Sioras to win because Sioras winning to me would be the perfect example of WCS 2016. A fake qualifier winning a fake "Premier" tournament over the crushed hopes and dreams of a player who was better than him but "Whoops he's Korean, so fuck him"

I mean, KingKong went to the Open Bracket and got wrecked by Harstem, so that point doesn't even make much sense
Writermaru pls
showstealer1829
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
Australia3123 Posts
March 23 2016 18:13 GMT
#45
On March 24 2016 02:32 Ej_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2016 02:29 showstealer1829 wrote:
I had an epiphany last night while I was sleeping.

I normally do not care for these WCS Welfare tournaments outside of Has but last night I realised this time I have another dog in the fight.

I want Sioras to win this tournament more than I've wanted anyone to win a Starcraft tournament outside of Ryung in the infamous "IMBA" GSL

But it's also different. I wanted Ryung to win cause I was a huge fan of Ryung and genuinely wanted him to win. I don't want Sioras to win because I'm a fan of his.

No I want Sioras to win because Sioras winning to me would be the perfect example of WCS 2016. A fake qualifier winning a fake "Premier" tournament over the crushed hopes and dreams of a player who was better than him but "Whoops he's Korean, so fuck him"

we get it, you don't like WCS

stop trying to shit on everyone's else parade


How about no?
There is no understanding. There is only Choya. Choya is the way. Choya is Love. Choya is Life. Has is the Light in the Protoss Dark and Nightmare is his chosen Acolyte
KadaverBB
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany25658 Posts
March 23 2016 18:50 GMT
#46
On March 24 2016 03:13 showstealer1829 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2016 02:32 Ej_ wrote:
On March 24 2016 02:29 showstealer1829 wrote:
I had an epiphany last night while I was sleeping.

I normally do not care for these WCS Welfare tournaments outside of Has but last night I realised this time I have another dog in the fight.

I want Sioras to win this tournament more than I've wanted anyone to win a Starcraft tournament outside of Ryung in the infamous "IMBA" GSL

But it's also different. I wanted Ryung to win cause I was a huge fan of Ryung and genuinely wanted him to win. I don't want Sioras to win because I'm a fan of his.

No I want Sioras to win because Sioras winning to me would be the perfect example of WCS 2016. A fake qualifier winning a fake "Premier" tournament over the crushed hopes and dreams of a player who was better than him but "Whoops he's Korean, so fuck him"

we get it, you don't like WCS

stop trying to shit on everyone's else parade


How about no?


Please stop being a negative nancy
AdministratorLaws change depending on who's making them, but justice is justice
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
March 23 2016 19:11 GMT
#47
On March 24 2016 00:52 Soke wrote:
Sioras is a hidden God.... HOLY MOLY o.o


To be fair, one win is ZvZ and the other is against a out of form Mystery who was on a 39 degree fever.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
March 23 2016 19:46 GMT
#48
On March 24 2016 04:11 digmouse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2016 00:52 Soke wrote:
Sioras is a hidden God.... HOLY MOLY o.o


To be fair, one win is ZvZ and the other is against a out of form Mystery who was on a 39 degree fever.

Really? what a trooper!
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
Cluster__
Profile Joined September 2013
United States328 Posts
March 24 2016 01:03 GMT
#49
On March 24 2016 02:29 showstealer1829 wrote:
I had an epiphany last night while I was sleeping.

I normally do not care for these WCS Welfare tournaments outside of Has but last night I realised this time I have another dog in the fight.

I want Sioras to win this tournament more than I've wanted anyone to win a Starcraft tournament outside of Ryung in the infamous "IMBA" GSL

But it's also different. I wanted Ryung to win cause I was a huge fan of Ryung and genuinely wanted him to win. I don't want Sioras to win because I'm a fan of his.

No I want Sioras to win because Sioras winning to me would be the perfect example of WCS 2016. A fake qualifier winning a fake "Premier" tournament over the crushed hopes and dreams of a player who was better than him but "Whoops he's Korean, so fuck him"


snoooooze
Liquid`Snute, AcerScarlett, ROOTCatZ, MC, Maru, Soulkey, Losira
OzCrescendo
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
Australia31 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-24 01:35:10
March 24 2016 01:29 GMT
#50
Sioras, leader of the Golden Swarm!

I honestly want to see him pull off the upset of the century.
He's young, plays smart, has skill and talent, and took out some of Oceania's best players to get to Shanghai.

And yes, while we at Exile5 had to take it on the chin regarding misunderstanding the residency rules and lost KingkOng's placement seed, that should in no way take anything away from Sioras' abilities.

Sioras defeated KingkOng the first time they met in the brackets that tournament. It was in the finals rematch where KingkOng's experience shined through and put Sioras in second place for the qualifier.

So, while he has a chance to make more upsets happen: #SiorasFighting!
All three races are OP. That's the fun of the game! See https://twitter.com/x5_Crescendo for SEA SC2 news and fanboy gleetweets
Ensiferum8
Profile Joined March 2014
Canada103 Posts
March 24 2016 02:03 GMT
#51
On March 24 2016 02:29 showstealer1829 wrote:
I had an epiphany last night while I was sleeping.

I normally do not care for these WCS Welfare tournaments outside of Has but last night I realised this time I have another dog in the fight.

I want Sioras to win this tournament more than I've wanted anyone to win a Starcraft tournament outside of Ryung in the infamous "IMBA" GSL

But it's also different. I wanted Ryung to win cause I was a huge fan of Ryung and genuinely wanted him to win. I don't want Sioras to win because I'm a fan of his.

No I want Sioras to win because Sioras winning to me would be the perfect example of WCS 2016. A fake qualifier winning a fake "Premier" tournament over the crushed hopes and dreams of a player who was better than him but "Whoops he's Korean, so fuck him"

couldnt agree more............

But im still not gonna watch. If i want to see scrubs playing, I might as well watch some NA ladder games, the quality is much more similar to WCS than WCS is to GSL.

Im really hype for PL finals though!

Ill be cheering for Maru, and for TY in GSL

go terran go!
WCS is a shitty joke, with racist rules. Support players who deserves it instead of foreigner scrubs who dont work half as much as koreans. JUN TAEYANG IS THE BEST <3
Diabolique
Profile Joined June 2015
Czech Republic5118 Posts
March 24 2016 08:46 GMT
#52
On March 24 2016 11:03 Ensiferum8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2016 02:29 showstealer1829 wrote:
I had an epiphany last night while I was sleeping.

I normally do not care for these WCS Welfare tournaments outside of Has but last night I realised this time I have another dog in the fight.

I want Sioras to win this tournament more than I've wanted anyone to win a Starcraft tournament outside of Ryung in the infamous "IMBA" GSL

But it's also different. I wanted Ryung to win cause I was a huge fan of Ryung and genuinely wanted him to win. I don't want Sioras to win because I'm a fan of his.

No I want Sioras to win because Sioras winning to me would be the perfect example of WCS 2016. A fake qualifier winning a fake "Premier" tournament over the crushed hopes and dreams of a player who was better than him but "Whoops he's Korean, so fuck him"

couldnt agree more............

But im still not gonna watch. If i want to see scrubs playing, I might as well watch some NA ladder games, the quality is much more similar to WCS than WCS is to GSL.

Im really hype for PL finals though!

Ill be cheering for Maru, and for TY in GSL

go terran go!

Guys, relax, everyone knows that the whole WCS system is shitty and the most players in it would lose against an average noname Korean met on the street in Seoul. But that is not the fault of the organizers of this tournament. That is the fault of Blizzard.

In fact, the organizers of this tournament did something amazing, what so far no other tournament organizer had the courage to do. They organized a fight between the best foreigners, at least from this tournament, and some of the best Koreans. I am surprised, Blizzard did not ban them from its welfare money for doing this, but I am enthusiastic about it. Imagine - they did exactly what Blizzard did not want anybody to do. They take the money from the sponsors and use them on the Koreans, because the prize pool for foreigners is paid by Blizzard! So clever!

I like GSL, I love Proleague, but there was one thing, I was so far seriously missing this season - fights between the best foreigners and some really, really good Koreans. And here we have it! This is SO GREAT!

On Sunday, we will see 24 matches (not one match, not two matches, not five matches, but twenty-four matches!!!!) between (hopefully) Snute, MarineLord, Nerchio, Drogo, iAsonu ... on one side ... and TY, Dear, ByuN, DRG, ByuL and Stork on the other side.

We should be so much grateful to the organizers of this tournament for it!!!!!!!
sOs | Rogue | Maru | Trap | Scarlett | Snute | MC
Ensiferum8
Profile Joined March 2014
Canada103 Posts
March 25 2016 15:28 GMT
#53
Any of you knows whats the average viewer count during that tournament?

Im curious to see if fthe change so far from is at least getting some positive in the popularity of sc2, or if we just screwed all the koreans and destroyed high quality games outside of korea for no reason.
WCS is a shitty joke, with racist rules. Support players who deserves it instead of foreigner scrubs who dont work half as much as koreans. JUN TAEYANG IS THE BEST <3
Rehio
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1718 Posts
March 25 2016 16:04 GMT
#54
On March 26 2016 00:28 Ensiferum8 wrote:
Any of you knows whats the average viewer count during that tournament?

Im curious to see if fthe change so far from is at least getting some positive in the popularity of sc2, or if we just screwed all the koreans and destroyed high quality games outside of korea for no reason.


The previous WCS events this year have done very, very well.

This one, not so much, but I think that's a consequence of a bad time zone and very little promotion from the Chinese tournament runners.
Owl
Profile Joined April 2005
145 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-25 22:27:59
March 25 2016 22:13 GMT
#55
On March 26 2016 00:28 Ensiferum8 wrote:
Any of you knows whats the average viewer count during that tournament?

Im curious to see if fthe change so far from is at least getting some positive in the popularity of sc2, or if we just screwed all the koreans and destroyed high quality games outside of korea for no reason.

Last one did very good.
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 248
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 248
BRAT_OK 67
JuggernautJason19
MindelVK 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25758
Mini 412
Hyuk 199
firebathero 174
ggaemo 144
Dewaltoss 65
Mong 45
Hyun 36
ToSsGirL 25
Dota 2
Gorgc9594
febbydoto2
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1380
crisheroes1076
Liquid`Hasu753
Other Games
Grubby3125
FrodaN2486
fl0m1018
Beastyqt752
mouzStarbuck189
KnowMe184
Livibee161
ArmadaUGS124
Mew2King52
Trikslyr43
ToD36
Chillindude28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1008
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 78
• StrangeGG 50
• Adnapsc2 24
• LUISG 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 10
• blackmanpl 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8605
• WagamamaTV290
Other Games
• imaqtpie721
• Shiphtur307
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
40m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 40m
INu's Battles
17h 40m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
20h 40m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.