• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:41
CEST 07:41
KST 14:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13183 users

Parting Ways With a HerO

Forum Index > SC2 General
168 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All

Parting Ways With a HerO

Text bylichter
Graphics byshiroiusagi
February 14th, 2016 15:35 GMT
We would have celebrated our five year anniversary later this year, but unfortunately it's not to be. We are parting ways with HerO after a memorable and successful time together. HerO represented Liquid in the years when we established ourselves as an esports organization and it is something I will forever be grateful for.

We go so far back that when it all began, HuK and Jinro were still living with oGs. We started from absolute scratch together, and it eventually led to some of my best memories in the history of the team. When HerO joined Liquid, he had already spent many years as a progamer and the road to that first major title at DreamHack Winter 2011 had been a long and difficult one. Seeing his dream come to fruition was more than I could have asked for. It's with great sadness that I am writing this post, but it is with great joy and pride that I look back on his career on Liquid. The Winter Champion will no longer be with us, and we will all miss him.

Over the past few weeks we've been really excited watching HerO play, and I wholeheartedly believe that 2016 is going to be a great year for him. LotV aligns very well with HerO's strengths in micro and multitasking, and we've seen more of vintage HerO over the past 3 months than we have in quite a while. His matches in Code A speak for themselves and I truly hope it is the beginning of the best year of his career. HerO has always been a great person and a diligent player, and I am so proud to once again watch him in Code S.

Finally, I would like to share some words with you regarding our decision. StarCraft is the game on which the legacy of our team is built. It's a game we all love and care about. I know that, and I'm very aware of it. However, the reality is that it is a difficult game to be involved with in this current climate. The recent WCS changes added complications that altered our ability to work things out with HerO. In this new system, we would lose HerO's presence in DreamHacks and IEMs, and HerO would lose the ability to travel to big international events. It's what HerO has become known for the most, and it's one of the most important values of being on an international StarCraft team. Unfortunately, our two ends just could not meet in negotiations, and HerO decided that it was time to move on. Even though we were unable to work things out with him, we know that he will not be short on options and we wish him all the best.

- Victor "Liquid`Nazgul" Goossens



Hello, I'm Protoss player for Team Liquid, Song Hyeon Deok.

My five years on Team Liquid has come to an end. So many things happened to me during my time on Team Liquid, and I'll always remember it as an unforgettable time in my life. There were many happy moments, and a lot of times that were difficult as well.

My caring teammates were always with me, as well as Victor, Robin, and Team Liquid's loving fans. It was your love and support that helped me get through the tough times, and made the happy moments that much more joyful. I want to tell everyone I'm truly thankful.

Honestly, I'm a bit afraid. People loved, cheered for, and remembered "Team Liquid's HerO." I worry if I can be as loved and supported without the "Liquid."

Even though I'm leaving Team Liquid—my beloved teammates, Victor, Robin, everyone in Liquid organization, and Liquid fans—I hope I can stay in your memories for a long time.

Going forward, I would be very thankful if you could keep giving me your love and support as just "HerO."

I want to thank Liquid and my fans for giving me the many opportunities and active support that have allowed me to become who I am today. Even though I'm leaving the team due to contract issues, I hope I can maintain good relationships and stay in touch with the people at Team Liquid.

It might feel strange and empty, but keep watching and remember "HerO" without the Liquid," and please keep showing your love and support for Liquid without HerO. I'll never forget any of you.

Once again, I want to tell everyone thank you and I love you. To my teammates, Victor, Robin, and the fans.

- Song "HerO" Hyeon Deok




Facebook Twitter Reddit
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
KadaverBB
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany25658 Posts
February 14 2016 15:21 GMT
#2
Crying manly tears
AdministratorLaws change depending on who's making them, but justice is justice
`sawyer
Profile Joined June 2014
210 Posts
February 14 2016 15:35 GMT
#3
More importantly, is he looking to join a kespa team?
`dunedain
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
657 Posts
February 14 2016 15:35 GMT
#4
Parting incoming...
"In order to be created, a work of art must first make use of the dark forces of the soul." ~Albert Camus
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
February 14 2016 15:38 GMT
#5
CJ.HerO would be nice. Alternatively, he'll surely end up on MVP as he had a partnership with them already.
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
freeAll
Profile Joined May 2013
34 Posts
February 14 2016 15:39 GMT
#6
Balance, Map pool, WCS ...and what to screw up next, blz? lmfao.
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
February 14 2016 15:39 GMT
#7
That is a hell of a title
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
Corvuuss
Profile Blog Joined April 2014
Austria354 Posts
February 14 2016 15:39 GMT
#8
Nooooooooo
I am a slave of Golden from now on. Obey a supreme leader of StarCraft 2 or you get banned. I am really glad to be citizen of Democratic republic of Golden.
kju
Profile Joined September 2010
6143 Posts
February 14 2016 15:39 GMT
#9
T_T
Deathstar
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
9150 Posts
February 14 2016 15:40 GMT
#10
rip passion
arioch
Profile Joined May 2010
England403 Posts
February 14 2016 15:41 GMT
#11
It's a shame as he has been playing so well recently - but I totally get that the ROI for sponsoring a Korean player now does not have the same value it used to have.

Hopefully you find a new team soon hero so we can cheer you on for them!
Cokefreak
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland8096 Posts
February 14 2016 15:41 GMT
#12
NUUU
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
February 14 2016 15:44 GMT
#13
So sad
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
JazVM
Profile Joined October 2012
Germany1196 Posts
February 14 2016 15:44 GMT
#14
The sad thing is, that I always felt like Hero really identified himself with Team Liquid. It's sad to see a real part of a team leave. Good luck in the future.
mind mind mind mind mind mind
Weavel
Profile Joined January 2010
Finland9224 Posts
February 14 2016 15:44 GMT
#15
Does this mean Taeja is next?
Life/Seed//Mvp/NaNiwa fighting! ZeNEX forever!
JacobShock
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Denmark2485 Posts
February 14 2016 15:45 GMT
#16
<3
"Right on" - Morrow
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
February 14 2016 15:46 GMT
#17
End of an era.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
CynicalDeath
Profile Joined January 2012
Italy3725 Posts
February 14 2016 15:47 GMT
#18
...the end of an era... such a sad moment...
ModeratorSC2 LP Admin - My Life for Aiur - Let the Metal flow - @Cynical_Death
Diabolique
Profile Joined June 2015
Czech Republic5118 Posts
February 14 2016 15:48 GMT
#19
What happened with PartinG? Is he now living with HerO or what? Or what does the "ways" mean? :-)
sOs | Rogue | Maru | Trap | Scarlett | Snute | MC
BretZ
Profile Joined May 2011
United States1510 Posts
February 14 2016 15:51 GMT
#20
My Valentines Day already sucks and then you go and do this I'll miss you HerO! I'll keep watching you compete in Korea
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings120
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 178
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 417
hero 350
BeSt 251
sorry 60
Mind 33
Bale 22
Terrorterran 21
ZergMaN 13
Noble 9
yabsab 9
[ Show more ]
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1072
League of Legends
JimRising 696
Counter-Strike
taco 385
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King143
Other Games
summit1g9353
Maynarde207
ArmadaUGS45
Livibee6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick507
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH346
• practicex 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2219
League of Legends
• Rush1266
• Stunt437
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 19m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
5h 19m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 19m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.