• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:40
CEST 19:40
KST 02:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7623 users

Petraeus Retiring from Fulltime SC2 - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
91 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
Edpayasugo
Profile Joined April 2013
United Kingdom2223 Posts
July 30 2015 19:47 GMT
#81
Wishing him all the best!
FlaSh MMA INnoVation FanTaSy MKP TY Ryung | soO Dark Rogue | HuK PartinG Stork State
waitwhat
Profile Joined February 2011
United States152 Posts
August 12 2015 22:40 GMT
#82
Won't miss the guy. I was perma banned from his chat after questioning his decision to do something in a random ladder game. At the time, I had donated around $25 to him prior to the ban. When I messaged him on twitch explaining I had donated x amount of dollars already and meant no harm in chat, he insulted my grammar and said I'd have to pay him $200 for an unban.

Hope he's grown up since this occurrence, but GL regardless.

http://i.imgur.com/IzbcGDS.png
brickrd
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States4894 Posts
August 12 2015 22:45 GMT
#83
On August 13 2015 07:40 waitwhat wrote:
Won't miss the guy. I was perma banned from his chat after questioning his decision to do something in a random ladder game. At the time, I had donated around $25 to him prior to the ban. When I messaged him on twitch explaining I had donated x amount of dollars already and meant no harm in chat, he insulted my grammar and said I'd have to pay him $200 for an unban.

Hope he's grown up since this occurrence, but GL regardless.

http://i.imgur.com/IzbcGDS.png

actually this is absolutely hilarious and makes me like him more if it happened

not sure what you want people to do with an unverifiable screenshot from a year and a half ago of a private conversation on twitch. kinda seems like you just want attention and to stir up drama
TL+ Member
waitwhat
Profile Joined February 2011
United States152 Posts
August 12 2015 22:50 GMT
#84
On August 13 2015 07:45 brickrd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2015 07:40 waitwhat wrote:
Won't miss the guy. I was perma banned from his chat after questioning his decision to do something in a random ladder game. At the time, I had donated around $25 to him prior to the ban. When I messaged him on twitch explaining I had donated x amount of dollars already and meant no harm in chat, he insulted my grammar and said I'd have to pay him $200 for an unban.

Hope he's grown up since this occurrence, but GL regardless.

http://i.imgur.com/IzbcGDS.png

actually this is absolutely hilarious and makes me like him more if it happened

not sure what you want people to do with an unverifiable screenshot from a year and a half ago of a private conversation on twitch. kinda seems like you just want attention and to stir up drama


Whether you think it's verifiable or not, I couldn't care less. I'm posting regarding my experience with this individual and wishing them luck for the future. I highly doubt any drama will stir from it, considering several pros have already come forward in the past and spoken about his toxic personality.
Caihead
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada8550 Posts
August 13 2015 00:53 GMT
#85
On July 29 2015 10:06 stuchiu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 29 2015 08:37 Obamarauder wrote:
On July 29 2015 07:11 Ej_ wrote:
On July 29 2015 06:47 swag_bro wrote:
On July 29 2015 06:19 OtherWorld wrote:
On July 29 2015 06:16 Obamarauder wrote:
So how did Polt manage it? Going to uni, learning english and still highly competitive in foreign scene? i know hes korean blah blah blah but yea

I think the answer involves very little sleep and partying.


How did Stephano manage to win tournaments without practicing a single minute? Everyone is different and some players are good and some players completely suck. Stephano was one of those players who never had to practiced and still raped the shit out of scrubs.

Stephano played a lot, when he "retired" and started playing part time, he couldn't win shit. "Stephano doesn't practice" is a myth.

Kind of surprised Pet is going to university, I thought he had dropped out of high school


It always baffles me when someone gives up their education to pursue one of the most unstable careers ever. Is it really worth the risk?


Depends on how you view yourself as a person.


I mean, let's not have illusions here, as a progamer you are a professional athlete or entertainer at best. If people are passionate about it enough to pursue it as a career all the powers to them through their trials and tribulations. But I'm not going to pretend like it's a career that produces more social worth or wealth than a career that can be pursued through college education. Obviously this is a gaming website so we tend to value it greatly and be very passionate about it, but I would never recommend giving up the potential of making a real difference in the world through medicine or engineering or any number of worthy crafts.
"If you're not living in the US or are a US Citizen, please do not tell us how to vote or how you want our country to be governed." - Serpest, American Hero
Scarecrow
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Korea (South)9175 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-13 01:04:46
August 13 2015 00:55 GMT
#86
On July 29 2015 08:37 Obamarauder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 29 2015 07:11 Ej_ wrote:
On July 29 2015 06:47 swag_bro wrote:
On July 29 2015 06:19 OtherWorld wrote:
On July 29 2015 06:16 Obamarauder wrote:
So how did Polt manage it? Going to uni, learning english and still highly competitive in foreign scene? i know hes korean blah blah blah but yea

I think the answer involves very little sleep and partying.


How did Stephano manage to win tournaments without practicing a single minute? Everyone is different and some players are good and some players completely suck. Stephano was one of those players who never had to practiced and still raped the shit out of scrubs.

Stephano played a lot, when he "retired" and started playing part time, he couldn't win shit. "Stephano doesn't practice" is a myth.

Kind of surprised Pet is going to university, I thought he had dropped out of high school


It always baffles me when someone gives up their education to pursue one of the most unstable careers ever. Is it really worth the risk?

Not everyone lives their life like insurance analysts looking to minimize risk.
On August 13 2015 07:40 waitwhat wrote:
Won't miss the guy. I was perma banned from his chat after questioning his decision to do something in a random ladder game. At the time, I had donated around $25 to him prior to the ban.

Strange that you think a $25 donation entitles you to anything. A random twitch guy 'questioning' a pro after a loss might catch a rage ban now and then. People get sensitive after losses and will often resent 'advice' from less skilled players/friends let alone twich chat randoms. Whining in a subsequent PM acting like he owes you some sort of special consideration over $25 wasn't going to win him over either.

I was involved in the SEA scene as he developed and never heard anything particularly bad regarding him. Just a talented, young kiwi trying to make it to the big time.
Yhamm is the god of predictions
KingAlphard
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Italy1705 Posts
August 13 2015 01:06 GMT
#87
On August 13 2015 07:45 brickrd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2015 07:40 waitwhat wrote:
Won't miss the guy. I was perma banned from his chat after questioning his decision to do something in a random ladder game. At the time, I had donated around $25 to him prior to the ban. When I messaged him on twitch explaining I had donated x amount of dollars already and meant no harm in chat, he insulted my grammar and said I'd have to pay him $200 for an unban.

Hope he's grown up since this occurrence, but GL regardless.

http://i.imgur.com/IzbcGDS.png

actually this is absolutely hilarious and makes me like him more if it happened

not sure what you want people to do with an unverifiable screenshot from a year and a half ago of a private conversation on twitch. kinda seems like you just want attention and to stir up drama


Looks a lot like petraeus bm style from other screenshots I have seen of him.
Aocowns
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Norway6070 Posts
August 13 2015 01:30 GMT
#88
On August 13 2015 07:40 waitwhat wrote:
Won't miss the guy. I was perma banned from his chat after questioning his decision to do something in a random ladder game. At the time, I had donated around $25 to him prior to the ban. When I messaged him on twitch explaining I had donated x amount of dollars already and meant no harm in chat, he insulted my grammar and said I'd have to pay him $200 for an unban.

Hope he's grown up since this occurrence, but GL regardless.

http://i.imgur.com/IzbcGDS.png

hahahahah oh my fucking god Polpotraenius just tore you a new one
I'm a salt-lord and hater of mech and ForGG, don't take me seriously, it's just my salt-humour speaking i swear. |KadaverBB best TL gaoler| |~IdrA's #1 fan~| SetGuitarsToKill and Duckk are my martyr heroes |
Daye9111
Profile Joined July 2015
11 Posts
August 13 2015 01:57 GMT
#89
Hell become a caster, and should join basetrade
waitwhat
Profile Joined February 2011
United States152 Posts
August 13 2015 02:14 GMT
#90
On August 13 2015 09:55 Scarecrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 29 2015 08:37 Obamarauder wrote:
On July 29 2015 07:11 Ej_ wrote:
On July 29 2015 06:47 swag_bro wrote:
On July 29 2015 06:19 OtherWorld wrote:
On July 29 2015 06:16 Obamarauder wrote:
So how did Polt manage it? Going to uni, learning english and still highly competitive in foreign scene? i know hes korean blah blah blah but yea

I think the answer involves very little sleep and partying.


How did Stephano manage to win tournaments without practicing a single minute? Everyone is different and some players are good and some players completely suck. Stephano was one of those players who never had to practiced and still raped the shit out of scrubs.

Stephano played a lot, when he "retired" and started playing part time, he couldn't win shit. "Stephano doesn't practice" is a myth.

Kind of surprised Pet is going to university, I thought he had dropped out of high school


It always baffles me when someone gives up their education to pursue one of the most unstable careers ever. Is it really worth the risk?

Not everyone lives their life like insurance analysts looking to minimize risk.
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2015 07:40 waitwhat wrote:
Won't miss the guy. I was perma banned from his chat after questioning his decision to do something in a random ladder game. At the time, I had donated around $25 to him prior to the ban.

Strange that you think a $25 donation entitles you to anything. A random twitch guy 'questioning' a pro after a loss might catch a rage ban now and then. People get sensitive after losses and will often resent 'advice' from less skilled players/friends let alone twich chat randoms. Whining in a subsequent PM acting like he owes you some sort of special consideration over $25 wasn't going to win him over either.

I was involved in the SEA scene as he developed and never heard anything particularly bad regarding him. Just a talented, young kiwi trying to make it to the big time.


Never said a donation meant I was entitled to anything. I just brought it up to him to prove I meant no harm by the question in twitch chat about some in-game decision after a loss (which can often be misconstrued as sarcasm, etc.. over the internet). You're just trying to make me look like the bad guy, but it's fine if you're confused and misunderstood my point.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
August 13 2015 04:22 GMT
#91
On August 13 2015 10:06 KingAlphard wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2015 07:45 brickrd wrote:
On August 13 2015 07:40 waitwhat wrote:
Won't miss the guy. I was perma banned from his chat after questioning his decision to do something in a random ladder game. At the time, I had donated around $25 to him prior to the ban. When I messaged him on twitch explaining I had donated x amount of dollars already and meant no harm in chat, he insulted my grammar and said I'd have to pay him $200 for an unban.

Hope he's grown up since this occurrence, but GL regardless.

http://i.imgur.com/IzbcGDS.png

actually this is absolutely hilarious and makes me like him more if it happened

not sure what you want people to do with an unverifiable screenshot from a year and a half ago of a private conversation on twitch. kinda seems like you just want attention and to stir up drama


Looks a lot like petraeus bm style from other screenshots I have seen of him.


Yeah he was quite the BM guy back in the day when I was playing. He also bm'd my friend like a week or two ago (he crushed my friend was a 1 sided game) and I knew it was the real one when he asked me .
When I think of something else, something will go here
Deathstar
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
9150 Posts
August 13 2015 04:38 GMT
#92
On August 13 2015 07:40 waitwhat wrote:
Won't miss the guy. I was perma banned from his chat after questioning his decision to do something in a random ladder game. At the time, I had donated around $25 to him prior to the ban. When I messaged him on twitch explaining I had donated x amount of dollars already and meant no harm in chat, he insulted my grammar and said I'd have to pay him $200 for an unban.

Hope he's grown up since this occurrence, but GL regardless.

http://i.imgur.com/IzbcGDS.png


That's what you get for giving money to a poor kid
rip passion
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM740
TKL 311
TaKeTV 240
IndyStarCraft 166
BRAT_OK 143
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 740
TKL 311
IndyStarCraft 166
BRAT_OK 143
ProTech136
MaxPax 116
UpATreeSC 82
MindelVK 20
EmSc Tv 8
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 941
EffOrt 585
Mini 521
ggaemo 184
firebathero 160
910 55
Barracks 54
Hyun 45
Shinee 44
Shine 38
[ Show more ]
White-Ra 30
Killer 28
Bale 27
ToSsGirL 22
Trap 21
soO 17
yabsab 10
Dota 2
qojqva4385
Counter-Strike
Fnx 728
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4549
crisheroes1476
Liquid`Hasu1132
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2705
singsing1709
B2W.Neo878
ceh9601
Beastyqt545
ArmadaUGS161
C9.Mang0118
Dewaltoss69
Trikslyr46
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream476
Other Games
BasetradeTV178
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 8
EmSc2Tv 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile113
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix18
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2301
• TFBlade767
Other Games
• Shiphtur238
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 20m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 20m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.