• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:35
CEST 11:35
KST 18:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7770 users

Wardí (SC2Improve) going full time SC2. - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-05 22:49:48
June 05 2015 22:48 GMT
#41
On June 06 2015 07:44 Nerchio wrote:
There is no english stream for Legacy of the ultras ( take tv lotv league ) so maybe you could try and cover that.
I always enjoyed listening to your steam during tournaments I took part in

4 years later, Nerchio streamcheating has been confirmed! Naniwa has been right all along!

gl Wardi, sick that you have got so far
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Wardi
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
England898 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-05 23:04:39
June 05 2015 22:56 GMT
#42
On June 06 2015 07:21 darkness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2015 22:55 kleptako wrote:
No offense, but is it really a good idea considering the state of the game currently?


Exactly my thoughts. You'd better go CS: GO or a game that is in a top shape right now. I mean even Minecraft has more streamers than SC2.

Show nested quote +
On June 06 2015 05:36 SC2Improve wrote:
On June 06 2015 05:30 Finnz wrote:
Not sure if this is actually a good idea Wardi, i mean if you can live off of it then great! i guess...but its a huge risk, i personally would atleast consider trying to get a part time job on the side to help you get some finances together. committing full time to starcraft 2 when things arent going well will do no good to your future and your confidence. May i ask what you studied at university? seems like if you want to do this full time then the 4 years that you did at university was a waste of time lol. Anyway best of luck with it and hopefully will see your dreams come true.


It really isn't a risk at all. I'm dropping absolutely nothing to do this. I have no commitments to do anything. I'm doing it because I know I'm able to, I didn't just wake up and think NICE LETS DO THIS! I've thought about it for a long time. My degree wasn't a waste of time, when I do end up getting a job my degree will still be there and I will have a lot of different things to talk about on my CV.

If shit goes bad I just stop and get a job, I'm maybe a few months down the line but I've had a chance to think about what I actually want to do anyways, so it stops me from getting a job I don't enjoy just because I need a job because I'm doing nothing else.

A lot of people have this 'Omg you're destroying your life' outlook on this, but it's literally just riding the standard circle jerk response to these threads. I haven't dropped out of anything, I have a great degree to fall back on, I'm not losing out on anything. I'm already making money from this and I already have an incredible platform to build myself up from, a much better platform than most people who would hope to go full time have. At the end of the day I'm basically making some money and taking some time out with travelling by doing something I enjoy, instead of working a shitty part-time job I have absolutely no interest in.


If your degree is so 'good', why don't you take the job for it? It's not like I graduated from Computer Science only to try to be a pro gamer or a caster.

You can, of course, have fun but it doesn't sound convincing that you have a really nice degree to fall back on, yet you are more keen on pro gaming/casting.


Because I can get a job with my degree when I want to and I just want to try something different which I want to explore for a while before I do that? And use it as an opportunity to travel and decide what I really want to do? It's not like my degree is just going to expire because I try to make it in SC2? I studied a masters in physics, it's far from the worst degree in the world. This is just something I want, and after much deliberation have decided, to do.

On June 06 2015 07:44 Nerchio wrote:
There is no english stream for Legacy of the ultras ( take tv lotv league ) so maybe you could try and cover that.
I always enjoyed listening to your steam during tournaments I took part in


I thought BTTV were doing LOTU?
CommentatorOwner of WardiTV. Streamer, caster & event organizer. / / www.wardi.tv
Crot4le
Profile Joined June 2013
England2927 Posts
June 06 2015 00:56 GMT
#43
Good luck dude. <3
Massive fan of Axiom eSports | Crotale#992 | Twitter: @Crot4le
Clonester
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany2808 Posts
June 06 2015 01:07 GMT
#44
On June 06 2015 07:56 Wardi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2015 07:21 darkness wrote:
On June 05 2015 22:55 kleptako wrote:
No offense, but is it really a good idea considering the state of the game currently?


Exactly my thoughts. You'd better go CS: GO or a game that is in a top shape right now. I mean even Minecraft has more streamers than SC2.

On June 06 2015 05:36 SC2Improve wrote:
On June 06 2015 05:30 Finnz wrote:
Not sure if this is actually a good idea Wardi, i mean if you can live off of it then great! i guess...but its a huge risk, i personally would atleast consider trying to get a part time job on the side to help you get some finances together. committing full time to starcraft 2 when things arent going well will do no good to your future and your confidence. May i ask what you studied at university? seems like if you want to do this full time then the 4 years that you did at university was a waste of time lol. Anyway best of luck with it and hopefully will see your dreams come true.


It really isn't a risk at all. I'm dropping absolutely nothing to do this. I have no commitments to do anything. I'm doing it because I know I'm able to, I didn't just wake up and think NICE LETS DO THIS! I've thought about it for a long time. My degree wasn't a waste of time, when I do end up getting a job my degree will still be there and I will have a lot of different things to talk about on my CV.

If shit goes bad I just stop and get a job, I'm maybe a few months down the line but I've had a chance to think about what I actually want to do anyways, so it stops me from getting a job I don't enjoy just because I need a job because I'm doing nothing else.

A lot of people have this 'Omg you're destroying your life' outlook on this, but it's literally just riding the standard circle jerk response to these threads. I haven't dropped out of anything, I have a great degree to fall back on, I'm not losing out on anything. I'm already making money from this and I already have an incredible platform to build myself up from, a much better platform than most people who would hope to go full time have. At the end of the day I'm basically making some money and taking some time out with travelling by doing something I enjoy, instead of working a shitty part-time job I have absolutely no interest in.


If your degree is so 'good', why don't you take the job for it? It's not like I graduated from Computer Science only to try to be a pro gamer or a caster.

You can, of course, have fun but it doesn't sound convincing that you have a really nice degree to fall back on, yet you are more keen on pro gaming/casting.


Because I can get a job with my degree when I want to and I just want to try something different which I want to explore for a while before I do that? And use it as an opportunity to travel and decide what I really want to do? It's not like my degree is just going to expire because I try to make it in SC2? I studied a masters in physics, it's far from the worst degree in the world. This is just something I want, and after much deliberation have decided, to do.

Show nested quote +
On June 06 2015 07:44 Nerchio wrote:
There is no english stream for Legacy of the ultras ( take tv lotv league ) so maybe you could try and cover that.
I always enjoyed listening to your steam during tournaments I took part in


I thought BTTV were doing LOTU?



First off LOTU:
BTTV is not allways there due to the scheduling and spontaious charakter of some Bo5s. I would recommend writing TaKe via Facebook unter facebook.com/TaKeTVTaKeSeN and ask him if you can do all LOTU matches where BTTV is not able to cast.

For your future I wish you best of luck: I like your calm voice and hope you get some big events to cast. But going full caster is a hard thing, I hope you can make a living.
Bomber, Attacker, DD, SOMEBODY, NiKo, Nex, Spidii
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
June 06 2015 03:11 GMT
#45
Awesome! Good luck.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
MepHiii
Profile Joined March 2011
Poland191 Posts
June 06 2015 11:24 GMT
#46
Good luck, Wardiii, you know I love you! All the best, mate!
Aeromi
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
France14463 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-06 11:38:41
June 06 2015 11:37 GMT
#47
On June 06 2015 07:44 Nerchio wrote:
There is no english stream for Legacy of the ultras ( take tv lotv league ) so maybe you could try and cover that.
I always enjoyed listening to your steam during tournaments I took part in


I thought BTTV were doing LOTU?

Send a tweet/PM on TL to NarutO.
https://twitter.com/DrAeromi | Updates on live tournaments: @StarCrafteSport
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 186
EnDerr 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16470
Hyuk 648
Rush 203
Bisu 197
actioN 191
Soma 184
Stork 172
EffOrt 84
Mong 77
Shinee 71
[ Show more ]
NotJumperer 57
ToSsGirL 56
Shine 53
Killer 46
Bale 42
Hm[arnc] 32
Noble 30
Sharp 29
Pusan 26
ajuk12(nOOB) 24
Barracks 14
yabsab 14
sorry 12
Sacsri 11
HiyA 10
Dota 2
Gorgc2625
League of Legends
JimRising 402
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1266
shoxiejesuss746
edward7
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King152
Other Games
gofns29684
summit1g7447
singsing1270
ceh9523
crisheroes153
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick690
BasetradeTV144
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 23
• StrangeGG 23
• killerbeecast3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV185
• lizZardDota2148
League of Legends
• Stunt390
Other Games
• Shiphtur1140
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
25m
INu's Battles
1h 25m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
3h 25m
OSC
12h 40m
Replay Cast
13h 25m
OSC
1d 13h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.