• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:18
CEST 02:18
KST 09:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6410 users

[Interview] SPL Round 1 Playoffs Match 2 Winner - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
Blurry1
Profile Joined February 2015
United States17 Posts
February 11 2015 00:46 GMT
#21
rogue played sooo good....skt better watch out for my boys!
MARUUUUUUUUU
neptunusfisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
2286 Posts
February 11 2015 01:21 GMT
#22
On February 11 2015 07:02 Shuffleblade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2015 06:49 Cricketer12 wrote:
On February 11 2015 06:34 Shellshock wrote:
On February 11 2015 06:30 Blargh wrote:
Funny how much confidence he has in Maru. I would not consider Maru to be that good right now, though he looked pretty great last night. His matches in NSSL were... Okay.

I think Innovation, Dark, and Dream are all totally capable of taking out Maru. But Maru should not be sent out first. Cure is a much safer pick. They can save Maru till later since there is a 2nd Catallena.

I think Maru's TvP and TvZ look pretty good lately. Not too high on his TvT though from the little I've seen

better than dream's and maybe even inno's id argue

I'd argue that Dreams TvT is actually pretty top notch right now looking at recent results, I think Marus is probably just as good, I'd consider both of them top tier in TvT.

I'm kind of curious what Marus weaker matchup is at the moment, his TvT and TvZ have been looking really strong but I don't think I've seen that many TvPs from him lately. I'm wondering if he is the P killer still like he used to be.
Looking at Maru he seems to be very stable in all matchups if you believe he hasn't totally taken a nosedive in his TvP skills.

In my mind Maru is probably favored against everyone on the SKT lineup, I do think both Dark and Dream is just a tiny notch below though and could totally take him out. Inno is a great player and his proleague record is beast but to be honest I haven't seen him go toe to toe with the big boys yet, he's not in SSL and in GSL he beat Super and Solar (wow) and in SPL the only noteworthy wins he has is against TY and sOs. He is overhyped at the moment I think Dream has shown more metal recently.



Just saying, bogus is doing pretty well lately
+ Show Spoiler +
Results for kr INnoVation vs terran after 2014-01-01.

Games: 75.32% (58-19)
Matches: 88.89% (32-4)

Current form:
      W W L W W W W W W W
Recent matches:
       kr INnoVation 1 – 0 kr TY
       kr INnoVation 2 – 0 kr MMA
       kr INnoVation 2 – 0 kr Cure
       kr INnoVation 1 – 0 kr Center
       kr INnoVation 2 – 0 kr Heart
       kr INnoVation 2 – 0 kr Center
       kr INnoVation 2 – 0 kr 자유의날개
       kr INnoVation 1 – 3 kr TaeJa
       kr INnoVation 4 – 3 kr Cure
       kr INnoVation 2 – 1 kr TY


Filters:
+ Show Spoiler +
Opponent Race:    Terran
Opponent Country: all
Match Format: all
On/offline: both
Game Version: all

Stats by Aligulac. Link.
maru G5L pls
Blurry1
Profile Joined February 2015
United States17 Posts
February 11 2015 02:54 GMT
#23
the ONLY player on SKT that scares me is INNO.

inno vs maru game 7 to decide the leader of the world....
MARUUUUUUUUU
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
February 11 2015 03:14 GMT
#24
On February 11 2015 10:21 neptunusfisk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2015 07:02 Shuffleblade wrote:
On February 11 2015 06:49 Cricketer12 wrote:
On February 11 2015 06:34 Shellshock wrote:
On February 11 2015 06:30 Blargh wrote:
Funny how much confidence he has in Maru. I would not consider Maru to be that good right now, though he looked pretty great last night. His matches in NSSL were... Okay.

I think Innovation, Dark, and Dream are all totally capable of taking out Maru. But Maru should not be sent out first. Cure is a much safer pick. They can save Maru till later since there is a 2nd Catallena.

I think Maru's TvP and TvZ look pretty good lately. Not too high on his TvT though from the little I've seen

better than dream's and maybe even inno's id argue

I'd argue that Dreams TvT is actually pretty top notch right now looking at recent results, I think Marus is probably just as good, I'd consider both of them top tier in TvT.

I'm kind of curious what Marus weaker matchup is at the moment, his TvT and TvZ have been looking really strong but I don't think I've seen that many TvPs from him lately. I'm wondering if he is the P killer still like he used to be.
Looking at Maru he seems to be very stable in all matchups if you believe he hasn't totally taken a nosedive in his TvP skills.

In my mind Maru is probably favored against everyone on the SKT lineup, I do think both Dark and Dream is just a tiny notch below though and could totally take him out. Inno is a great player and his proleague record is beast but to be honest I haven't seen him go toe to toe with the big boys yet, he's not in SSL and in GSL he beat Super and Solar (wow) and in SPL the only noteworthy wins he has is against TY and sOs. He is overhyped at the moment I think Dream has shown more metal recently.



Just saying, bogus is doing pretty well lately
+ Show Spoiler +
Results for kr INnoVation vs terran after 2014-01-01.

Games: 75.32% (58-19)
Matches: 88.89% (32-4)

Current form:
      W W L W W W W W W W
Recent matches:
       kr INnoVation 1 – 0 kr TY
       kr INnoVation 2 – 0 kr MMA
       kr INnoVation 2 – 0 kr Cure
       kr INnoVation 1 – 0 kr Center
       kr INnoVation 2 – 0 kr Heart
       kr INnoVation 2 – 0 kr Center
       kr INnoVation 2 – 0 kr 자유의날개
       kr INnoVation 1 – 3 kr TaeJa
       kr INnoVation 4 – 3 kr Cure
       kr INnoVation 2 – 1 kr TY


Filters:
+ Show Spoiler +
Opponent Race:    Terran
Opponent Country: all
Match Format: all
On/offline: both
Game Version: all

Stats by Aligulac. Link.


Even the Machine bows before the #1 Korean Terran
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
sparklyresidue
Profile Joined August 2011
United States5524 Posts
February 11 2015 03:37 GMT
#25
I'm definitely hyped to see what will happen with Inno this weekend. I hope we get to see him and I hope Rogue can smash his undefeated record into the dirt, twice if necessary!
Like Tinkerbelle, I leave behind a sparkly residue.
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
February 11 2015 03:38 GMT
#26
Rogue taking on anything and anyone. Next thing you know he wants Holyfield.

The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
ukiya2004
Profile Joined March 2014
199 Posts
February 11 2015 03:58 GMT
#27
Maru is currently the top Terran in the world for sure. The only other Terran that is in the same class as him is Innovation.

I compiled a list of tiers currently in the Korean scene. I don't even watch Europe and America scene anymore. Waste of my time.

S-tier Terran: Maru, Innovation
A-tier Terran: Dream, Bbyong
B-tier Terran: Skyhigh, MarineKing, Flash

S-tier Protoss: Rain, herO, sOs, Zest,
A-tier Protoss: Parting, Classic, MC
B-tier Protoss: Hush, Sora

God-tier Zerg: Life
S-tier Zerg: Rogue, Soo, Dark
A-tier Zerg: Byul, Leenock
B-tier Zerg: Departure, Losira

Yes, only Life is a God-tier player because without a doubt he is the best starcraft 2 player currently. I bet you he is going to win the most tournaments this year. I will take up any bets.
Swoopae
Profile Joined January 2015
Australia339 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-11 04:41:50
February 11 2015 04:40 GMT
#28
Cure is the safe lead for Jinair. Catellena, plus he's solid in all 3 matchups and since SKT won't lead Innovation, he should be in decent shape against Classic if they go that way, which potentially gets rid of the Protoss threat on SKT's side. If they use soO that gets rid of the potential meta-snipe on Maru with their history and Cure should have an edge on Catellena and with soO's form. If they lead with Dark, it's a coinflip using one of SKT's two best players, and JinAir can then choose the right player for the second map snipe on him. Also leaves one of each of the three races for JinAir to fire in remaining matches.It'd be pretty boss if they sent out Maru first to try and all-kill, but it's probably not the right play objectively. Wrong map for Rogue, it would risk coming up against Dream's hugely underrated TvZ on a great terran map.

It's a lot tougher working out who SKT should lead with. Dream's TvT, while improving, still isn't quite as good as Cure's, although if Jinair lead with Rogue it'd be the right choice. The zergs are out due to the map and that leaves Classic, but if they use Classic then they have to rest one of soo/dark/dream assuming they're using Innovation as their ace which let's face it they will be.

At the end of the day I think this is going to come down to Maru vs Innovation in map 7, but anything is possible. I'm going to go with Jinair win 4-3 in a minor upset. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is the final as well at the end of this proleague season although in 3 rounds a lot can change.
Shuffleblade
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden1903 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-11 07:21:23
February 11 2015 07:20 GMT
#29
On February 11 2015 12:58 ukiya2004 wrote:
Maru is currently the top Terran in the world for sure. The only other Terran that is in the same class as him is Innovation.

I compiled a list of tiers currently in the Korean scene. I don't even watch Europe and America scene anymore. Waste of my time.

S-tier Terran: Maru, Innovation
A-tier Terran: Dream, Bbyong
B-tier Terran: Skyhigh, MarineKing, Flash

S-tier Protoss: Rain, herO, sOs, Zest,
A-tier Protoss: Parting, Classic, MC
B-tier Protoss: Hush, Sora

God-tier Zerg: Life
S-tier Zerg: Rogue, Soo, Dark
A-tier Zerg: Byul, Leenock
B-tier Zerg: Departure, Losira

Yes, only Life is a God-tier player because without a doubt he is the best starcraft 2 player currently. I bet you he is going to win the most tournaments this year. I will take up any bets.

Dude your list is painfully inaccurate in my opinion, looks like its from last year. Marineking and Flash are both doing horrendous at the moment, TY is doing a lot better than those players not to mention Cure, Skyhigh monstered it up a few months ago but has also not shown anytning in recent 1-2 months.

sOs has done absolutely nothing recently, he hasn't even qualified fr SSL or GSL and he has been losing in SPL. You say you don't watch the foreigen scene, but do you even watch the korean one? Stats, Dear and Super does better than him at the momentl.

Your zerg lineup I can kind of agree with barring soO (has done what recently?) and Departure.
Maru, Bomber, TY, Dear, Classic, DeParture and Rogue!
RandomPlayer
Profile Joined April 2012
Russian Federation400 Posts
February 11 2015 09:44 GMT
#30
not a word regarding the player's nickname whatsoever.. people say it's rogue though
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2168
Artosis 715
White-Ra 120
910 45
Dota 2
monkeys_forever546
NeuroSwarm179
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv252
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe154
Heroes of the Storm
Trikslyr109
Other Games
summit1g8237
shahzam585
JimRising 536
C9.Mang0332
ArmadaUGS71
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick589
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream337
Other Games
BasetradeTV187
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• davetesta10
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 42m
Afreeca Starleague
9h 42m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
23h 42m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.