• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:15
CEST 23:15
KST 06:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6544 users

[Interview] SPL Round 1 Playoffs Match 2 Winner

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Shrinkzxo
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Dotoland672 Posts
February 10 2015 20:38 GMT
#1
Re-rendition

Q: You two wins in a day helped your team to win.
A: I am very happy to advance. We still got time to prepare, we must strive to win.

Q: You chose Swarm Hosts in the first game.
A: I knew (P)Hush would go for Phoenixes. I played exactly the same way that I practised. A hatch-first opening was recommended by (Z)Symbol, who said this opening could interfere Protoss's scout.

Q: You made mistakes with Banelings in the third game.
A: I was targeting his workers but got a slippery hand. I did not click on key X. I did get nervous there. Later I regretted that I did not go for macro.

[image loading]

Q: Who do you want to face against next?
A: Either (T)INnoVation or (P)Classic. I don't want a mirror match.

Q: How about you going first in the Final?
A: It is going to be difficult. (T)Maru would get a all-kill if he go first.

Q: Any other words about the Final?
A: I will prepare it seriously. I believe (T)Maru would be wonderful. I should get one kill if I were to be sent on.

Q: Final thought?
A: We had less than a day to prepare for this match. The coaching team, (Z)Symbol, and (P)Pigbaby helped me a lot. I am very thankful to them.

Extended Reading: Rogue: Next goal is two wins in a day @ http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/477264-rogue-next-goal-is-two-wins-in-a-day

Original CN:
+ Show Spoiler +
http://s.163.com/15/0210/23/AI4L7DSL00314Q8T.html
https://twitter.com/shrinkzxo
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
February 10 2015 20:47 GMT
#2
lots of confidence in himself and maru but none for Heartbreak Toss
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
Yakikorosu
Profile Joined March 2013
1203 Posts
February 10 2015 20:52 GMT
#3
Jin Air should not send him out against SKT. The SC2 gods have seen his 28 swarm hosts against Hush and will punish him for his hubris.
Blargh
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2103 Posts
February 10 2015 21:30 GMT
#4
Funny how much confidence he has in Maru. I would not consider Maru to be that good right now, though he looked pretty great last night. His matches in NSSL were... Okay.

I think Innovation, Dark, and Dream are all totally capable of taking out Maru. But Maru should not be sent out first. Cure is a much safer pick. They can save Maru till later since there is a 2nd Catallena.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
February 10 2015 21:34 GMT
#5
On February 11 2015 06:30 Blargh wrote:
Funny how much confidence he has in Maru. I would not consider Maru to be that good right now, though he looked pretty great last night. His matches in NSSL were... Okay.

I think Innovation, Dark, and Dream are all totally capable of taking out Maru. But Maru should not be sent out first. Cure is a much safer pick. They can save Maru till later since there is a 2nd Catallena.

I think Maru's TvP and TvZ look pretty good lately. Not too high on his TvT though from the little I've seen
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
February 10 2015 21:49 GMT
#6
On February 11 2015 06:34 Shellshock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2015 06:30 Blargh wrote:
Funny how much confidence he has in Maru. I would not consider Maru to be that good right now, though he looked pretty great last night. His matches in NSSL were... Okay.

I think Innovation, Dark, and Dream are all totally capable of taking out Maru. But Maru should not be sent out first. Cure is a much safer pick. They can save Maru till later since there is a 2nd Catallena.

I think Maru's TvP and TvZ look pretty good lately. Not too high on his TvT though from the little I've seen

better than dream's and maybe even inno's id argue
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
Soularion
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Canada2764 Posts
February 10 2015 21:57 GMT
#7
On February 11 2015 06:34 Shellshock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2015 06:30 Blargh wrote:
Funny how much confidence he has in Maru. I would not consider Maru to be that good right now, though he looked pretty great last night. His matches in NSSL were... Okay.

I think Innovation, Dark, and Dream are all totally capable of taking out Maru. But Maru should not be sent out first. Cure is a much safer pick. They can save Maru till later since there is a 2nd Catallena.

I think Maru's TvP and TvZ look pretty good lately. Not too high on his TvT though from the little I've seen


Yeah, his TvT's pretty inconsistent. Still, I'd give him a pretty fair to strong favourite on paper (because in reality soO seems to have his number) against Classic/Dark/soO, and vs Dream/INno would be fairly coin-flippy. Would like to see a Maru all-kill but it probably won't happen - it's too risky.
Writermaru pls
Shuffleblade
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden1903 Posts
February 10 2015 22:02 GMT
#8
On February 11 2015 06:49 Cricketer12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2015 06:34 Shellshock wrote:
On February 11 2015 06:30 Blargh wrote:
Funny how much confidence he has in Maru. I would not consider Maru to be that good right now, though he looked pretty great last night. His matches in NSSL were... Okay.

I think Innovation, Dark, and Dream are all totally capable of taking out Maru. But Maru should not be sent out first. Cure is a much safer pick. They can save Maru till later since there is a 2nd Catallena.

I think Maru's TvP and TvZ look pretty good lately. Not too high on his TvT though from the little I've seen

better than dream's and maybe even inno's id argue

I'd argue that Dreams TvT is actually pretty top notch right now looking at recent results, I think Marus is probably just as good, I'd consider both of them top tier in TvT.

I'm kind of curious what Marus weaker matchup is at the moment, his TvT and TvZ have been looking really strong but I don't think I've seen that many TvPs from him lately. I'm wondering if he is the P killer still like he used to be.
Looking at Maru he seems to be very stable in all matchups if you believe he hasn't totally taken a nosedive in his TvP skills.

In my mind Maru is probably favored against everyone on the SKT lineup, I do think both Dark and Dream is just a tiny notch below though and could totally take him out. Inno is a great player and his proleague record is beast but to be honest I haven't seen him go toe to toe with the big boys yet, he's not in SSL and in GSL he beat Super and Solar (wow) and in SPL the only noteworthy wins he has is against TY and sOs. He is overhyped at the moment I think Dream has shown more metal recently.
Maru, Bomber, TY, Dear, Classic, DeParture and Rogue!
REyeM
Profile Joined August 2014
2674 Posts
February 10 2015 22:04 GMT
#9
Roguejwa <3
S4 Arrows, never forget. RIP Woongjin Stars.
Shuffleblade
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden1903 Posts
February 10 2015 22:09 GMT
#10
On February 11 2015 06:57 Soularion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2015 06:34 Shellshock wrote:
On February 11 2015 06:30 Blargh wrote:
Funny how much confidence he has in Maru. I would not consider Maru to be that good right now, though he looked pretty great last night. His matches in NSSL were... Okay.

I think Innovation, Dark, and Dream are all totally capable of taking out Maru. But Maru should not be sent out first. Cure is a much safer pick. They can save Maru till later since there is a 2nd Catallena.

I think Maru's TvP and TvZ look pretty good lately. Not too high on his TvT though from the little I've seen


Yeah, his TvT's pretty inconsistent. Still, I'd give him a pretty fair to strong favourite on paper (because in reality soO seems to have his number) against Classic/Dark/soO, and vs Dream/INno would be fairly coin-flippy. Would like to see a Maru all-kill but it probably won't happen - it's too risky.

Maybe I've missed looking at smaller tournaments or qualifiers but in major events and SPL Maru has only lost one TvT recently and that was to Dream 2-1. He has on the other hand defeated, MKP, Hack, Bbyong and TY.

His results are pretty strong, I do agree that he felt kind of hit or miss in his series against Dream but that was one series.
Maru, Bomber, TY, Dear, Classic, DeParture and Rogue!
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
February 10 2015 22:14 GMT
#11
On February 11 2015 07:09 Shuffleblade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2015 06:57 Soularion wrote:
On February 11 2015 06:34 Shellshock wrote:
On February 11 2015 06:30 Blargh wrote:
Funny how much confidence he has in Maru. I would not consider Maru to be that good right now, though he looked pretty great last night. His matches in NSSL were... Okay.

I think Innovation, Dark, and Dream are all totally capable of taking out Maru. But Maru should not be sent out first. Cure is a much safer pick. They can save Maru till later since there is a 2nd Catallena.

I think Maru's TvP and TvZ look pretty good lately. Not too high on his TvT though from the little I've seen


Yeah, his TvT's pretty inconsistent. Still, I'd give him a pretty fair to strong favourite on paper (because in reality soO seems to have his number) against Classic/Dark/soO, and vs Dream/INno would be fairly coin-flippy. Would like to see a Maru all-kill but it probably won't happen - it's too risky.

Maybe I've missed looking at smaller tournaments or qualifiers but in major events and SPL Maru has only lost one TvT recently and that was to Dream 2-1. He has on the other hand defeated, MKP, Hack, Bbyong and TY.

His results are pretty strong, I do agree that he felt kind of hit or miss in his series against Dream but that was one series.

I missed a lot of his FPL matches so I'll admit I'm not 100% up to date on everything. Based on some of his offline performances at the end of the year he was just cheesing in most of his TvTs and then I caught the dream series which was kind of meh from both players. Should definitely be an interesting proleague round final
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Yakikorosu
Profile Joined March 2013
1203 Posts
February 10 2015 23:15 GMT
#12
I'd rate Maru's TvT as strong though I do think it's the worst of his three matchups. He didn't look great against Dream recently but as he himself admitted he made a tiny micro mistake in game 3 and lose his early reaper and got flustered. He looked great crushing TY 2-0 right afterwards.
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33702 Posts
February 10 2015 23:34 GMT
#13
it's unfortunate that the robot will feel no special joy or pleasure from punishing rogue's insolence
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
February 10 2015 23:35 GMT
#14
On February 11 2015 08:34 Waxangel wrote:
it's unfortunate that the robot will feel no special joy or pleasure from punishing rogue's insolence

Rogue will win
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
ilovegroov
Profile Joined January 2015
357 Posts
February 11 2015 00:05 GMT
#15
On February 11 2015 06:30 Blargh wrote:
Funny how much confidence he has in Maru. I would not consider Maru to be that good right now, though he looked pretty great last night. His matches in NSSL were... Okay.

I think Innovation, Dark, and Dream are all totally capable of taking out Maru. But Maru should not be sent out first. Cure is a much safer pick. They can save Maru till later since there is a 2nd Catallena.


Capable of taking him out they may be but I think only INnoVation and Dark are on his level. I think Dream just got lucky a bit.
SuperHofmann
Profile Joined September 2013
Italy1741 Posts
February 11 2015 00:10 GMT
#16
Rogue fighting!
Vasacast always in my <3
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
February 11 2015 00:18 GMT
#17
On February 11 2015 09:05 ilovegroov wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2015 06:30 Blargh wrote:
Funny how much confidence he has in Maru. I would not consider Maru to be that good right now, though he looked pretty great last night. His matches in NSSL were... Okay.

I think Innovation, Dark, and Dream are all totally capable of taking out Maru. But Maru should not be sent out first. Cure is a much safer pick. They can save Maru till later since there is a 2nd Catallena.


Capable of taking him out they may be but I think only INnoVation and Dark are on his level. I think Dream just got lucky a bit.

Maru played that pretty poorly against Dream's 5000 doom drops. Dark I could see beating him, although he's probably slightly discouraged after the SSL group - in fact, his TvZ didn't look as great as it did in the beginning of the season (I guess the Corruptor phase is done?) at all, he could have lost both games against TY, he lost to Dream and was crushed by Maru. Inno is hard to say. TY said his TvT is the best right now alongside Flash's, but in a best of 1, a lot can happen. So even if they are on the same level, that doesn't mean anything in TvT as it works right now, does it?

That said, I could totally see SKT going for/preparing a snipe play on Maru if they can force him to come out early.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Jer99
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada8160 Posts
February 11 2015 00:22 GMT
#18
i think innovation is going to demolish rogue
StrategyTaeJa #1 || @TL_Jer99 || "seeker seeked out his seeking"
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
February 11 2015 00:25 GMT
#19
On February 11 2015 09:22 Jer99 wrote:
i think innovation is going to demolish rogue



and probably the rest of Jin Air.

Sure he CAN lose to a lot of players, but on paper if you look at his 3 match ups and his insane history when it comes to team leagues, I don't think anyone in SPL except herO is favored against him.

Add Taeja in there too when he decides to give a crap about SPL :p
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
February 11 2015 00:31 GMT
#20
On February 11 2015 09:25 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2015 09:22 Jer99 wrote:
i think innovation is going to demolish rogue



and probably the rest of Jin Air.

Sure he CAN lose to a lot of players, but on paper if you look at his 3 match ups and his insane history when it comes to team leagues, I don't think anyone in SPL except herO is favored against him.

Add Taeja in there too when he decides to give a crap about SPL :p

Flash if he decides to get his shit together some time this year would probably be on equal footing.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 191
JuggernautJason125
Nina 93
SpeCial 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 573
White-Ra 181
firebathero 80
910 39
NaDa 25
Counter-Strike
Fnx 800
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0174
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9636
Liquid`Hasu1728
crisheroes1676
Trikslyr84
Other Games
summit1g6379
Liquid`RaSZi5490
Beastyqt806
shahzam507
B2W.Neo230
ToD183
Pyrionflax177
KnowMe132
ArmadaUGS108
ZombieGrub84
IndyStarCraft 74
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream370
Other Games
BasetradeTV200
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 48
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 42
• Eskiya23 22
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV472
League of Legends
• TFBlade1190
Other Games
• imaqtpie1093
• Shiphtur301
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 45m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 45m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.