• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:31
CEST 10:31
KST 17:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11158 users

Team Ascension Acquires IvDgaming

Forum Index > SC2 General
52 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
AprilTerran
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
United States56 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-02 22:57:05
January 20 2015 03:17 GMT
#1
[image loading]


Today, Team Ascension is extremely proud to announce that we will be acquiring a majority of the (Wiki)IvDgaming roster and staff.

Since their inception, IvD have been a paragon of what a well-run team should be. From hosting dozens of public tournaments to supporting a roster of extremely talented players, it goes without saying that their impact on the scene will be long lasting.


Before meeting the IvD players and staff, I was pretty nervous in that I didn't know quite what to expect. I quickly learned that they are a group of realistic and down to earth individuals, traits that I personally try to instill within Team Ascension. Above all, I'm extremely honored that after deliberation, IvD's players and staff decided to make TA their new home. I've always held IvD in the highest regards as one of the few organizations that treated their members right and gave back to the scene. I will be doing all I can to make sure TA meet the expectations of all its members, new and old.

Travis "AprilTerran" Yang
Team Ascension General Manager


IvD Gaming had a great run. We went from a rag-tag bunch of guys to being a premier NA team. Sadly, today we have to close our doors. To be as cliché as possible, it was a hell of a ride! We would especially like to thank all of our fans who supported us through thick and thin. I love all of our players, past and present, dearly and we will all cherish our time under the IvD flag. After a lot of discussion and consideration we have decided to stay together but to go ahead and move down the block. The remaining IvD players and myself will be moving in with our good friends over at Team Ascension. We would all like to thank them for giving us all a new home (<3). Together, I know, we will succeed as never before!

David "Dyne" Lujan
IvDgaming Professional SC2 Manager


Super excited about welcoming back some old friends and inviting in some new ones. Our 2015 is already off to a great start, and now we're fortunate enough to add in some great players with unique playstyles and personalities. I'm certain of one thing this year: there will never be a dull moment.

Nick "Kamker" McGregor
Team Ascension A Team Captain


It should come as no surprise that IvD was struggling a bit after it was announced that intense, Phog, and puCK had left the team in recent months with no new acquisitions. Rather than trying to rebuild our squad from the ground up we chose to join forces with an organization that has similar goals to IvD - provide a good environment and as much support for players as possible while looking for every opportunity they can to make a splash in the scene. I hope everyone who supported IvD will continue supporting us and the rest of Team Ascension in the future!

Nick "Pokebunny" Taber
IvDgaming


Now lets get into the details. Here are the players that will be joining our family!

Players
    (P)Bones
    (T)Pokebunny
    (T)Zan
    (T)RuFF
    (Z)NoRegreT


Thanks to everyone for the continued support! We will continue giving it our all of our players and fans.


Twitter
Facebook
Website
(Wiki)Team Ascension

Facebook Twitter Reddit
Founder | Team .SCA, Team Ascension, Sloth E-Sports Club
intense555
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States474 Posts
January 20 2015 03:21 GMT
#2
Weow
Aspiring Starcraft 2 pro for @mYinsanityEU, follow me on twitter @mYintenseSC
InfVampyWorm
Profile Joined June 2011
United States56 Posts
January 20 2015 03:22 GMT
#3
congrats, glad to apart of team ascension
MaRiN
Profile Joined September 2013
Canada1 Post
Last Edited: 2015-01-20 04:46:01
January 20 2015 03:26 GMT
#4
Wow did not see this coming, welcome to TAsc boise!
Whether you think you can, or think you can't. You're right.
Spec_x
Profile Joined June 2014
United States7 Posts
January 20 2015 03:26 GMT
#5
Looking forward to the new opportunities! =D
Dthehunter
Profile Joined August 2013
Belgium42 Posts
January 20 2015 03:27 GMT
#6
Hello,

I love you guys!!! as a proud member of IvD for a while i can say that even we had it hard we were a close family! I want to thank both Dyne and Brian for there amazing work and there time they put in IvD, nobody i know so far has put as much dedication, time, love and effort into making a team running like you two did as well as being open for everyone who had issue's or questions. Brian and Dyne have been a guide for most of us! To everyone else of IvD i want to thank you guys for making it an awesome experience, one that'll be in my memory for ever!

I also want to say that i am proud of everyone who has been a part of IvD gaming. Intense, Puck, Massan, Phog, Arium,.. even though you guys left us for various reasons you have been a part of the family we had!

I hope for everyone that from IvD goes to ascension will be doing it with a smile and a tear due you open a new chapter, but close an other one!.

May i see you guys in the future!

<3's and hugs from me!
www.twitter.com/Dthehunter2510
_MMi_
Profile Joined March 2014
United States2 Posts
January 20 2015 03:40 GMT
#7
I love hugs
Boss Toss #1
Freeedom
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States201 Posts
January 20 2015 03:46 GMT
#8
congrats guys... from my interactions with Travis he is a great guy, and have heard good things about TASC... we already know IVD is also a team of good guys to root for, so the merger is amazing fit !
PSISTORM Gaming owner - twitter.com/karljayg - facebook.com/KJfreeedom
-Kyo-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan1927 Posts
January 20 2015 03:49 GMT
#9
I could say a lot of mean things to the majority of the players on this new combined squad but I'll just leave it vague like this.

Good luck, it's good to at least see one of the few NA teams sending people places.
Anime is cuter than you. Legacy of the Void GM Protoss Gameplay: twitch.tv/kyo7763 youtube.com/user/KyoStarcraft/
TL+ Member
PurplSnow
Profile Joined January 2015
United States1 Post
January 20 2015 03:52 GMT
#10
Let's do big things bois
over hype everything.
Xinzoe
Profile Joined January 2014
Korea (South)2373 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-20 03:53:51
January 20 2015 03:53 GMT
#11
Such a dank team
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
January 20 2015 03:53 GMT
#12
On January 20 2015 12:49 -Kyo- wrote:
I could say a lot of mean things to the majority of the players on this new combined squad but I'll just leave it vague like this.

Good luck, it's good to at least see one of the few NA teams sending people places.

why even post then........
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
-Kyo-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan1927 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-20 04:09:17
January 20 2015 04:09 GMT
#13
On January 20 2015 12:53 Pokebunny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2015 12:49 -Kyo- wrote:
I could say a lot of mean things to the majority of the players on this new combined squad but I'll just leave it vague like this.

Good luck, it's good to at least see one of the few NA teams sending people places.

why even post then........


For the second sentence.
Both serve a purpose. If anything, you could think of it as a free bump.
Anime is cuter than you. Legacy of the Void GM Protoss Gameplay: twitch.tv/kyo7763 youtube.com/user/KyoStarcraft/
TL+ Member
Zode
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada297 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-20 04:18:36
January 20 2015 04:17 GMT
#14
Look forward to seeing you guys in the Proleague yo.
vult
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States9400 Posts
January 20 2015 04:31 GMT
#15
Cool deal, grats!
I used to play random, but for you I play very specifically.
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
January 20 2015 04:33 GMT
#16
On January 20 2015 13:09 -Kyo- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2015 12:53 Pokebunny wrote:
On January 20 2015 12:49 -Kyo- wrote:
I could say a lot of mean things to the majority of the players on this new combined squad but I'll just leave it vague like this.

Good luck, it's good to at least see one of the few NA teams sending people places.

why even post then........


For the second sentence.
Both serve a purpose. If anything, you could think of it as a free bump.


Lol? You are so condescending in all of your posts and they serve no purpose, have you ever heard the saying your mother used to tell you? "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all?"

Yea. Grow up.
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
KoKoRo
Profile Joined April 2010
United States186 Posts
January 20 2015 04:43 GMT
#17
I would like to join this clan if possible. :x Not looking for a pro seat, just wanna join. haha
When you ain't got nothin', you got nothin' to lose.
-Kyo-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan1927 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-20 04:45:23
January 20 2015 04:44 GMT
#18
On January 20 2015 13:33 GGzerG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2015 13:09 -Kyo- wrote:
On January 20 2015 12:53 Pokebunny wrote:
On January 20 2015 12:49 -Kyo- wrote:
I could say a lot of mean things to the majority of the players on this new combined squad but I'll just leave it vague like this.

Good luck, it's good to at least see one of the few NA teams sending people places.

why even post then........


For the second sentence.
Both serve a purpose. If anything, you could think of it as a free bump.


Lol? You are so condescending in all of your posts and they serve no purpose, have you ever heard the saying your mother used to tell you? "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all?"

Yea. Grow up.


Woah woah buddy, calm down. I'm quite sure in my first post in your thread I agreed completely with you, before that I never even remember speaking directly to you on this forum so.... But hey, for whatever reason you just seem to hate me, which is fine I guess l0l o:

For a list of all my condescending posts feel free to look at the content I have been supplying in the LotV thread or some of the guides I have posted. Clearly they serve no purpose, I guess?

I have had quite a few "unique" interactions with many of the players on this team, I used to play quite a bit after all. So of course I will say something if I feel compelled to do so. If the players don't want these sorts of post to come to light then maybe they shouldn't act how they do to absolutely everyone they meet. I mean, they are players that represent an organization.

Wise words from the late Christopher Hitchens:

“If someone tells me that I’ve hurt their feelings I’m still waiting to hear what your point is.”

to the poster above: 心
Anime is cuter than you. Legacy of the Void GM Protoss Gameplay: twitch.tv/kyo7763 youtube.com/user/KyoStarcraft/
TL+ Member
KoKoRo
Profile Joined April 2010
United States186 Posts
January 20 2015 05:24 GMT
#19
And I'm in the clan, that was quick! Thanks guys!

@-Kyo- That's the name yes.
When you ain't got nothin', you got nothin' to lose.
Circumstance
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States11403 Posts
January 20 2015 05:40 GMT
#20
Whoa, that's a big shake-up in the NA power structure. Grats to TAsc and their new players, they've run a stable organization for quite some time, and hopefully Yogi left it all on good terms.
The world is better when every background has a chance.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 813
Hyuk 545
soO 444
Mini 185
ZerO 121
Killer 58
Shinee 49
Mind 40
Mong 31
Bale 26
[ Show more ]
PianO 17
HiyA 16
ZergMaN 12
yabsab 10
Terrorterran 8
Dota 2
XaKoH 761
XcaliburYe311
League of Legends
JimRising 462
Counter-Strike
byalli525
Other Games
olofmeister833
ceh9621
Happy350
Livibee171
crisheroes155
Mew2King67
ArmadaUGS53
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick605
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH393
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2289
League of Legends
• Jankos1166
• Rush1144
• Stunt401
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 29m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
2h 29m
Monday Night Weeklies
7h 29m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 15h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.