• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:07
CEST 04:07
KST 11:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9185 users

HOT6 CUP 2014: sOs, The Destroyer of Dreams - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
56 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
Darkdwarf
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Sweden960 Posts
December 11 2014 00:52 GMT
#41
On December 11 2014 00:00 _TMT_ wrote:
Well written in general. Thank you.

But pls mention sOs' final speech. It was quite touching and shows a lot how important a team is for Korean.


What did he say?
Teams: IM, Jin Air, Invictus || Players: Maru, GuMiho, INnoVation, Ryung, sOs, Squirtle, NaNiwa, Has, Zoun, Life, Rogue, Dark
Blargh
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2103 Posts
December 11 2014 01:08 GMT
#42
On December 11 2014 09:51 AxiomBlurr wrote:
To be fair though, MK did play silllllly greeedy, and without scouting well sooooo.

The Kong-Kurse can make people do silly things. He could not escape his fate of 2nd place.
ukiya2004
Profile Joined March 2014
199 Posts
December 11 2014 01:35 GMT
#43
On December 11 2014 09:52 Darkdwarf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 11 2014 00:00 _TMT_ wrote:
Well written in general. Thank you.

But pls mention sOs' final speech. It was quite touching and shows a lot how important a team is for Korean.


What did he say?


sOs said that he thought about quitting sc2, but his coach told him that he has great potential and would be able to achieve great things in the future if he sticks around. So he did.

He also said that during practice, he is the weakest player in the team. And that if even he is able to win a tournament, then all his teammates should be able to as well so he encouraged them to not give up and always believe in themselves.

Sigh... I used to be a fan of sOs then he just crashed out of every single tournament for like 10 months straight so I gave up on him. So glad that he is back!!!
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
December 11 2014 02:46 GMT
#44
Heartbreak Protoss, the only man we love to see destroy our fan favorites, I love it! Great article!
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
AKAvg
Profile Joined April 2014
Brazil298 Posts
December 11 2014 07:27 GMT
#45
On December 11 2014 09:51 AxiomBlurr wrote:
sOs utterly dismantled MK...In the end I think he was also surprised how easy it was...

To be fair though, MK did play silllllly greeedy, and without scouting well sooooo.

sOs one of the smartest players on the SC2 scene...love or hate him...it cannot be denied.


Just watched the vods and... god...
Without the name tags I would say it looked like a low masters going against a korean pro :S
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
December 11 2014 13:36 GMT
#46
based on parting vs marineking, nope he hasnt learned his lesson
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
swissman777
Profile Joined September 2014
1106 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-11 20:11:33
December 11 2014 16:03 GMT
#47
On December 11 2014 10:35 ukiya2004 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 11 2014 09:52 Darkdwarf wrote:
On December 11 2014 00:00 _TMT_ wrote:
Well written in general. Thank you.

But pls mention sOs' final speech. It was quite touching and shows a lot how important a team is for Korean.


What did he say?


sOs said that he thought about quitting sc2, but his coach told him that he has great potential and would be able to achieve great things in the future if he sticks around. So he did.

He also said that during practice, he is the weakest player in the team. And that if even he is able to win a tournament, then all his teammates should be able to as well so he encouraged them to not give up and always believe in themselves.

Sigh... I used to be a fan of sOs then he just crashed out of every single tournament for like 10 months straight so I gave up on him. So glad that he is back!!!


Fyi, 50% of what you said is not true, especially the quitting bit. Seriously, if people like sOs' caliber thinks of quitting, then what are other people still going on with their pro gaming lives? Also, you sir have unforgiving standards if you give up on someone like sOs that easily since he been doing really well in SPL.
fishjie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1519 Posts
December 11 2014 19:34 GMT
#48
Heartbreak protoss lol! So perfect! And unlike sniper who bored everyone to tears with gglords and winfestors, he is lovable for killing fan favorites.
ukiya2004
Profile Joined March 2014
199 Posts
December 11 2014 20:30 GMT
#49
On December 12 2014 01:03 swissman777 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 11 2014 10:35 ukiya2004 wrote:
On December 11 2014 09:52 Darkdwarf wrote:
On December 11 2014 00:00 _TMT_ wrote:
Well written in general. Thank you.

But pls mention sOs' final speech. It was quite touching and shows a lot how important a team is for Korean.


What did he say?


sOs said that he thought about quitting sc2, but his coach told him that he has great potential and would be able to achieve great things in the future if he sticks around. So he did.

He also said that during practice, he is the weakest player in the team. And that if even he is able to win a tournament, then all his teammates should be able to as well so he encouraged them to not give up and always believe in themselves.

Sigh... I used to be a fan of sOs then he just crashed out of every single tournament for like 10 months straight so I gave up on him. So glad that he is back!!!


Fyi, 50% of what you said is not true, especially the quitting bit. Seriously, if people like sOs' caliber thinks of quitting, then what are other people still going on with their pro gaming lives? Also, you sir have unforgiving standards if you give up on someone like sOs that easily since he been doing really well in SPL.


I just repeated what Tasteless translated from the stream. What did he actually say then?

Lol, come on.... sOs won two world championships in the span for 3 months.... Of course I would hold him at the highest standard. Then he crashed out of every individual tourney and didn't even make it to Blizzcon.... Of course I would be frustrated as hell. I still enjoy watching him play in SPL and without a doubt he is one of the best players in the world
swissman777
Profile Joined September 2014
1106 Posts
December 11 2014 21:54 GMT
#50
On December 12 2014 05:30 ukiya2004 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2014 01:03 swissman777 wrote:
On December 11 2014 10:35 ukiya2004 wrote:
On December 11 2014 09:52 Darkdwarf wrote:
On December 11 2014 00:00 _TMT_ wrote:
Well written in general. Thank you.

But pls mention sOs' final speech. It was quite touching and shows a lot how important a team is for Korean.


What did he say?


sOs said that he thought about quitting sc2, but his coach told him that he has great potential and would be able to achieve great things in the future if he sticks around. So he did.

He also said that during practice, he is the weakest player in the team. And that if even he is able to win a tournament, then all his teammates should be able to as well so he encouraged them to not give up and always believe in themselves.

Sigh... I used to be a fan of sOs then he just crashed out of every single tournament for like 10 months straight so I gave up on him. So glad that he is back!!!


Fyi, 50% of what you said is not true, especially the quitting bit. Seriously, if people like sOs' caliber thinks of quitting, then what are other people still going on with their pro gaming lives? Also, you sir have unforgiving standards if you give up on someone like sOs that easily since he been doing really well in SPL.


I just repeated what Tasteless translated from the stream. What did he actually say then?

Lol, come on.... sOs won two world championships in the span for 3 months.... Of course I would hold him at the highest standard. Then he crashed out of every individual tourney and didn't even make it to Blizzcon.... Of course I would be frustrated as hell. I still enjoy watching him play in SPL and without a doubt he is one of the best players in the world


Translation:

Q: you've just won the hot6ix cup in the midst of your fans cheering. How are you feeling after winning a korean tournament for the first time?
A: Well first, I was able to please my foreign fans by my previous tournament wins, but I was not able to do the same to my Korean fans. Also, the bracket was stacked with Terran players and people claimed that I was bad at PvTs. However, I also knew that that was my worst matchup and I am relieved that I was able to win it after series of hard practice.

Also, there was a occasion that took place at my home yesterday and I apologize to my parents for not being there.

Q: Yes, there certainly were hard times, but you've repaid your fans and team mates by winning this cup. And as I just heard, even if there was some private matters to attend, you've humbled yourself to win this trophy. I know you've won other tournament before, but winning one in Korea really did not work out well for you. Why don't you use this time to thank your parents as a son?

A: uhh.... *sniff* *noise of anticipation from crowd* Don't worry, I'm not crying *smiles*. I thank my parents for their support since I became a progamer and I believe that was how I was able to win. I can only say sorry because I didn't contact them lately.
Also lastly, I casually practiced after I was disqualified from the Grand Finals, but saw that my team mates were working hard so I felt pressured to do the same. I thank them for the motivation and I thank the coaching staff and the coach for helping me. It'd be nice if one of the coaches will cry (as a joke to show how much they helped him). I thank them for always supporting me when I went on a slump

Q: I see the coach and I see a face of a father or a big brother and the same goes for your team mates. Their faces resemble that of a family. Take this opportunity to encourage them and give them energy? I mean, this IS the energy up, power up, Hot 6ix cup! You should s
(the camera goes to the jin air players and only terminator seems visibly excited to hear and is paying attention)

A: Well, it's not like I am that great at practice, and these guys play really well, but... even someone like me won, so I believe in you guys as well. Also, I wanted to say this when I finally won a cup in korea. It seems that fans are interested in me more and more and I wanted to say this but I couldn't before: I thank you guys and I really REALLY appreciate your cheers. I love you guys.

Caster: Yes, what a great way to end the last match of the year. We were able to see the sheer motivation of these players and that of you people in the crowd, and such a great opportunity to show it in a place like this. And now (without further ado) we shall move on to the awarding ceremonies.
ukiya2004
Profile Joined March 2014
199 Posts
December 11 2014 22:49 GMT
#51
Oh wow. That translation makes much more sense! Thanks man!!

I really hope sOs will stay in the scene for a long time and give consistent results. We haven't had a consistent champion in sc2 since MVP in the WOL days T_T
swissman777
Profile Joined September 2014
1106 Posts
December 11 2014 23:13 GMT
#52
Appreciate the thanks
Roadog
Profile Joined May 2012
Canada1670 Posts
December 12 2014 03:25 GMT
#53
As a low-level Protoss player I find sOs highly inspiring. Chronoboost that MSC, Zealot and Stalker, I say!
I thought that Hot6 final was hilarious, and I'm going to rewatch it again today. However, I guess it was partly because I went on hiatus from SC right when HotS came out, and only came back about two weeks ago so my nostalgia for MarineKing had already faded somewhat.

On December 11 2014 03:42 DinoMight wrote:
sOs is every Protoss player's idol. He does all the shit we wish we could do in real games. Except he wins $100k with it.

Haha, just sending out my first 3 units and macroing behind it is good enough for me
On December 11 2014 02:03 DinoMight wrote:
All he did was send his first 3 units and macro behind it in a lot of those games.
sOs fan. Zerg just seem to have the most...potential. Dubbo Robo Colo! Why I play Protoss: Stalkers, bacon, toilets and mama -- Chelsea FC
danbel1005
Profile Joined February 2008
United States1319 Posts
December 12 2014 14:21 GMT
#54
MKP gave us some good games but dayum dat sOs means serious business, gratz $o$!!
"EE HAN TIMING" Jaedong vs Stork [22 December, 2007] 2set @ Finals EVER OSL.
mosaicwc
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada5 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-12 18:25:06
December 12 2014 18:24 GMT
#55
This article was f#cking awesome. Thank you for the great read. sOs FIGHTING!!
>>Inspired to re-watch series this weekend.
did sOs say anything?
boxerfred
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Germany8360 Posts
December 15 2014 06:10 GMT
#56
#1 sOs anti fan here
Tokikong
Profile Joined March 2013
35 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-15 06:16:51
December 15 2014 06:16 GMT
#57
Could somebody create a picture similar to this ? http://www.quickmeme.com/img/e0/e091a253d9dce76dbae0204d00b667c3bf6e43eb088b4746660f411f20cdeb2b.jpg

sOs has this I don't give a fuck face.
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 125
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 295
NaDa 34
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm236
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g9883
JimRising 689
ViBE146
WinterStarcraft98
Mew2King89
ArmadaUGS62
Trikslyr41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1388
BasetradeTV227
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream135
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• davetesta56
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 53m
INu's Battles
9h 53m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
12h 53m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 53m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 53m
Replay Cast
20h 53m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 8h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.