• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:03
CEST 01:03
KST 08:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6034 users

Road to BlizzCon #13 - Liquid`TaeJa - WCS 2014 - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
100 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
liberate71
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia10252 Posts
October 29 2014 12:01 GMT
#41
Fantastic article - thanks so much :D
Minelord Stimfestor, also known as karma.
SoulmaN__
Profile Joined October 2014
Germany80 Posts
October 29 2014 12:30 GMT
#42
Still waiting for the soOjwa article!

Nice one, Taeja truly is a legend, even if I'm personally not the biggest fan of him. He elminated Snute and JD far too often from DHs and IEMs.
"I love my family." - soO after his 4th consecutive loss in a GSL final :-(
althaz
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia1001 Posts
October 29 2014 12:44 GMT
#43
I love Taeja so much, one of my very favourite players. He does suffer from MVP syndrome (totally f***ed wrists but somehow keeps winning anyway) though, I feel he'd have probably snuck another tournament or ten (he's just that good) if he hadn't had so many problems with his wrists.
The first rule we don't talk about race conditions. of race conditions is
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
October 29 2014 12:55 GMT
#44
This one gave me goose bumps. "The summer of his youth", a chillingly perfect way to phrase it. Well done. I'm looking forward to innovation and sOs' too (and whoever else. Zest?) but I just don't see how they can top this.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
LightTemplar
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Ireland481 Posts
October 29 2014 13:07 GMT
#45
Great write up, thank you so much.
"Thoughts are always there, the mind can't stop" - Grubby
Larkin
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United Kingdom7161 Posts
October 29 2014 13:24 GMT
#46
So good
https://www.twitch.tv/ttalarkin - streams random stuff, high level teamleague, maybe even heroleague
Boucot
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
France15997 Posts
October 29 2014 13:27 GMT
#47
What a great article !
Former SC2 writer for Millenium - twitter.com/Boucot
Inflicted
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia18228 Posts
October 29 2014 13:29 GMT
#48


#1 decision making
Liquipedia"Expert"
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-29 13:33:22
October 29 2014 13:31 GMT
#49
Until reading this article, I never fully realized how insanely good Taeja was. He still was for me the really good Terran that entered rampage mode during the summer.

But... whoaw.

Side note: the fact I went through all the articles and that for 3/4 of those I ended the read with the wish to see the player I just read about winning Blizzcon just shows how important storylines are in esports IMO.
But now I don't know who to cheer for
Can't they just all hold the trophy once?
LiquipediaWanderer
Tamagoshi
Profile Joined September 2012
Brazil981 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-29 13:50:45
October 29 2014 13:50 GMT
#50
Great article, Taeja is a beast, even if he retires now, he will always be a legend of SC2

On October 29 2014 22:31 Ragnarork wrote:
Until reading this article, I never fully realized how insanely good Taeja was. He still was for me the really good Terran that entered rampage mode during the summer.

But... whoaw.

Side note: the fact I went through all the articles and that for 3/4 of those I ended the read with the wish to see the player I just read about winning Blizzcon just shows how important storylines are in esports IMO.
But now I don't know who to cheer for
Can't they just all hold the trophy once?

I like half of the players, but my mind and heart already decided. soO all the way!
Adept
Profile Joined December 2009
United States472 Posts
October 29 2014 14:00 GMT
#51
Why do soO and Taeja have to face each other so early
"HSC casting is essentially an LR thread read aloud." -ThomasjServo
MavivaM
Profile Joined November 2011
1535 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-29 14:42:14
October 29 2014 14:34 GMT
#52
I became a fan of Taeja as well since I thought that there was something special about his playstyle even when Slayers was about to disband, for how faithful he was to the team when winning games that actually did not even matter that much on the rational scheme of things.
For a lack of better words I used to think of him as a free-form terran, but I think you spotlighted exactly what makes him great and particularly hard to play against in tournaments that last no more than few consecutive days.

Probably the only way to counter him is to study and craft ad personam builds like it could happen at Blizzcon... but... well, Taeja decided to postpone his retirement at least twice (or at least that's my take on it, more informed people could correct me) just for this occasion.
Allow me to quote myself from the first time he did look actually sure about his retirement, during HSC IX (which he won, btw):
On June 08 2014 23:28 MavivaM wrote:
(...) I think this time Taeja's speaking for real... but actually I'm not sad.
It looks like he's not slacking around before the retirement, but actually wants to give his 110% and end with a bang.


If I'd have to define Taeja in few words, I'd say "innate talent" and "enormous hunger for victory".
Slayers disbanding? He kept winning. Not that he was always training at their facility, iirc back at then he was already training by himself.
Alone and teamless? He kept on winning.
Playing in team leagues and your teammates are having troubles? He kept on winning basically as a one man team.
Wrist problems, terran's rise and fall through patches, huge tournaments with GSL players competing while he wasn't even on a team facility - one of those things that man believe are a fundamental asset for winning constantly?
He kept on fucking winning.

And that's why I believe that Taeja will win Blizzcon as well.
For other players this may be a huge hit or a stepping stone.
For Taeja, this is the reason why he kept playing when he could actually say "screw it, I got my money, let's take my deserved break before military service, make my hands rest and just hang around".
Time for your next and last trophy, Taeja.

Your Opinion has been counted. Only 3 more Opinions needed for a reddit thread.
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
October 29 2014 14:36 GMT
#53
Aweosome article. Taeja really is something else. Like others, though, I am disappointed he has to play soo round 1. Would have loved a soo vs taeja finals.
Shuffleblade
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden1903 Posts
October 29 2014 14:54 GMT
#54
Very nice article, I've always thought that I didn't understand Taejas play. It doesn't look like there is anything speciala about his play but for some reason he crushes. This explains it all very well, I guess I've had a hunch, a feeling that there is no one thing he does that makes Taeja great, its the ocean of things he can do and how he chooses what to do.
Maru, Bomber, TY, Dear, Classic, DeParture and Rogue!
DongFeast420
Profile Joined December 2013
United States20 Posts
October 29 2014 15:07 GMT
#55
On October 29 2014 21:55 TheDougler wrote:
This one gave me goose bumps. "The summer of his youth", a chillingly perfect way to phrase it. Well done. I'm looking forward to innovation and sOs' too (and whoever else. Zest?) but I just don't see how they can top this.


only soOjwa, Zest, and INnoVation left. $O$'s not invited to the party this time. I think that soO's article could definitely top this, he's got the coolest story of the year.
SKT T1 Dark Fighting! | SKT = beSKT
SFDuality
Profile Joined December 2012
United States1318 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-29 15:24:57
October 29 2014 15:16 GMT
#56
Love the champagne bottle in the card. :D

I was one of the people who was confused and even dismayed when Liquid picked up Taeja instead of Ganzi. An unproven, untested kid instead of a solid veteran? A player who was perhaps #4 in SlayerS' Terran depth chart? Surely Nazgul's gone crazy! Boy, was I wrong. Hands down the greatest pickup in the history of SC2.

Man, I really hope Taeja wins this Blizzcon. More than anyone else, he deserves to go out with a bang.

Serinox
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany5224 Posts
October 29 2014 15:52 GMT
#57
I still can't comprehend that TaeJa will retire. Him leaving will create such a big emptiness in SC2 for me

And if he really pulls through and wins Blizzcon I think we should put him above Mvp in the list of best SC2 players.
Thax
Profile Joined July 2014
Belgium1060 Posts
October 29 2014 15:55 GMT
#58
Hoping for Taeja to take this. Would be a nice cap to one of the most impressive careers in SC2 history.
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
October 29 2014 16:07 GMT
#59
stuchiu is hands down the best writer
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Nebulem
Profile Joined May 2014
71 Posts
October 29 2014 17:01 GMT
#60
Innate talent is exactly what describes Taeja the best imo. Even above his great mechanics (micro especially), I'd say he probably understands and feels Sc2 better than almost anyone, and this is what allows him to identify the tiniest weaknesses of his opponent and take advantage of it (one of the previous article was actually comparing him with a shark that would be unrelentingly attract by the scent of blood). And this is why his playstyle seems so natural and spontaneous (and eventually beautiful to watch at).
t.(-.-)z
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 506
White-Ra 145
910 50
Dota 2
monkeys_forever327
NeuroSwarm161
Super Smash Bros
PPMD83
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9104
Liquid`Hasu1418
Trikslyr84
Other Games
summit1g8431
Liquid`RaSZi2943
shahzam556
JimRising 361
C9.Mang0207
B2W.Neo162
ArmadaUGS62
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream314
Other Games
BasetradeTV247
gamesdonequick246
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 151
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1042
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 58m
Afreeca Starleague
10h 58m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Kung Fu Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.