• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:18
CEST 21:18
KST 04:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7808 users

A tough decision. (BabyKnight retires)

Forum Index > SC2 General
332 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
BabyKnight
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark112 Posts
May 21 2014 20:21 GMT
#1
Today marks the end of a big part of my life.
Today, I am no longer a StarCraft II pro gamer.
This has been one of the toughest decisions I've ever had to make,
and I've taken a lot of time to think about it to make sure it is the right one.

Recently, I started playing DotA again, and I realized that right now this is the game
that I can play for almost unlimited amount of hours with no breaks. Whereas StarCraft II has become to me, a game that I have to force myself really hard to play.
It's not that I've lost all my passion for StarCraft. It really isn't.
I still love the game, the community and the tournaments.
The problem is, if I don't practice, I can't do well enough in tournaments to satisfy myself.
I get really depressed and it's just not a healthy situation.

I used to be able to play 6-10 hours a day easily, in WoL when I was incredibly motivated, and it showed in my results. Even though I never won a big tournament, I had some really solid finishes at the biggest tournaments.

I'm sorry to all the fans who still cheer for me in SC2, I hope you will continue through
my transition into DotA 2, and know that I really really appreciate you all! <3

I will play my WCS matches while I'm still part of the system, but if/once I'm knocked completely out (of Challenger) you probably won't be seeing me play StarCraft II for quite some time.
I will try out the game when Legacy of the Void comes out, but I can't promise I will be back.
Facebook Twitter Reddit
robih
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria1086 Posts
May 21 2014 20:23 GMT
#2
gl hf

do you have a dota2 team already?
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
May 21 2014 20:24 GMT
#3
Wow. I respect your decision but I am very disappointed at the same time.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
MrMotionPicture
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4327 Posts
May 21 2014 20:24 GMT
#4
Best of luck to you <3
"Elvis Presley" | Ret was looking at my post in the GSL video by Artosis. | MMA told me I look like Juanfran while we shared an elevator with Scarlett
Lorning *
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Belgica34432 Posts
May 21 2014 20:24 GMT
#5
heh that's unfortunate
Community News
TL+ Member
Smix *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States4549 Posts
May 21 2014 20:24 GMT
#6
good luck babyknight this makes me sad, but i understand your decision and wish you all the best!!!
TranslatorBe an Optimist Prime, Not a Negatron // twitter @smixity
TeamBanished
Profile Joined September 2011
United States301 Posts
May 21 2014 20:24 GMT
#7
well that came out of left field..
For Aiur
mYiBalloon
Profile Joined June 2013
Korea (South)18 Posts
May 21 2014 20:24 GMT
#8
good luck with dota
Pro Random player @mYiBalloon
Nimix
Profile Joined October 2011
France1809 Posts
May 21 2014 20:24 GMT
#9
Another victim of the swarm hosts.. j/k :D
Good luck in dota, hope you'll be able to find a cool team and all
Ketch
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands7285 Posts
May 21 2014 20:25 GMT
#10
You were a fun player to follow in WCS! Gl & hf in the future!
NikaLogy
Profile Joined September 2012
Denmark58 Posts
May 21 2014 20:25 GMT
#11
good luck bbk, always cheered for you as a fellow countrymen!
boxerfred
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Germany8360 Posts
May 21 2014 20:25 GMT
#12
good luck on your way. sometimes, going on is the best thing to do (and hey, you can always come back )
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
May 21 2014 20:25 GMT
#13
Good luck BBK, I hope to see more of you in LotV!
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Teodice
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden641 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-21 20:31:49
May 21 2014 20:26 GMT
#14
I have always seen you as the dota player since the Dota League days. Seeing you up there with the other high ranked players and your sweet replays. I think this is the right thing for you man! 2009-2010, those were the days!


Best of luck!
You will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not
Adept
Profile Joined December 2009
United States472 Posts
May 21 2014 20:27 GMT
#15
GG :c Best of luck with DotA 2 though!
"HSC casting is essentially an LR thread read aloud." -ThomasjServo
algue
Profile Joined July 2011
France1436 Posts
May 21 2014 20:28 GMT
#16
oh, at last.
rly ?
Pino
Profile Joined June 2013
1032 Posts
May 21 2014 20:28 GMT
#17
gl hf in dota, now Millenium is the all terran team :D
oo_Wonderful_oo
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
The land of freedom23126 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-21 20:28:56
May 21 2014 20:28 GMT
#18
On May 22 2014 05:21 BabyKnight wrote:
Today marks the end of a big part of my life.
Today, I am no longer a StarCraft II pro gamer.
This has been one of the toughest decisions I've ever had to make,
and I've taken a lot of time to think about it to make sure it is the right one.

Recently, I started playing DotA again, and I realized that right now this is the game
that I can play for almost unlimited amount of hours with no breaks. Whereas StarCraft II has become to me, a game that I have to force myself really hard to play.
It's not that I've lost all my passion for StarCraft. It really isn't.
I still love the game, the community and the tournaments.
The problem is, if I don't practice, I can't do well enough in tournaments to satisfy myself.
I get really depressed and it's just not a healthy situation.

I used to be able to play 6-10 hours a day easily, in WoL when I was incredibly motivated, and it showed in my results. Even though I never won a big tournament, I had some really solid finishes at the biggest tournaments.

I'm sorry to all the fans who still cheer for me in SC2, I hope you will continue through
my transition into DotA 2, and know that I really really appreciate you all! <3

I will play my WCS matches while I'm still part of the system, but if/once I'm knocked completely out (of Challenger) you probably won't be seeing me play StarCraft II for quite some time.
I will try out the game when Legacy of the Void comes out, but I can't promise I will be back.


Welcome back (:
When you come back, pls, tell to Online Kingdom, that it's time to finally come back as well, Valve will probably rework SF's model before this time.
LiquidLegends StaffFPL 25 #1 | tfw I cast games on-air | back-to-back Liquibet winner
Boucot
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
France15997 Posts
May 21 2014 20:29 GMT
#19
That's sad to hear Jon, you're still a great player. Good luck anyway on DotA 2, maybe TI5 ?

Millenium's lineup is now reduced to one race.
Former SC2 writer for Millenium - twitter.com/Boucot
Makro
Profile Joined March 2011
France16890 Posts
May 21 2014 20:30 GMT
#20
dirty gabe's money
Matthew 5:10 "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of shitposting, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven".
TL+ Member
1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM928
TaKeTV 328
TKL 300
IndyStarCraft 202
BRAT_OK 100
ZombieGrub57
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 916
TKL 326
IndyStarCraft 193
MaxPax 165
BRAT_OK 100
UpATreeSC 90
ZombieGrub49
JuggernautJason44
Nathanias 24
EmSc Tv 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 691
ggaemo 165
White-Ra 136
firebathero 86
Barracks 60
910 52
Trap 27
Killer 27
Shine 22
yabsab 7
Dota 2
qojqva4783
Counter-Strike
Fnx 784
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8416
crisheroes1946
Liquid`Hasu1552
Trikslyr72
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi4276
summit1g2252
singsing1405
Beastyqt924
ceh9605
shahzam434
B2W.Neo357
C9.Mang0180
ArmadaUGS132
KnowMe128
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream396
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 17
EmSc2Tv 17
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 167
• Reevou 3
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 21
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade941
Other Games
• Shiphtur326
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 42m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 42m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.