• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:32
CEST 09:32
KST 16:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12524 users

The Modern Mechanic - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 All
NorthQuab
Profile Joined January 2014
United States23 Posts
January 07 2014 05:50 GMT
#101
Too fruity? Whatever does that mean in this context? I am curious =D


It is very mine-based and has some crazy openers that involve super heavy aggression into mech, while I favor clinging to fast 3cc turtle, so by "fruity" i guess I just mean NOT 3cc turtle :D
#pulltheboys
Elendur
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada43 Posts
February 14 2014 13:33 GMT
#102
I would give massive recognition to both Avilo and HTOMario. Both excellent. Perhaps even more important, they both reach out and take some time to help the viewers and do their best to entertain. Lets not fool ourselves, streaming live is not the best way to prevent enemy scouting. These guys do it for the fans day in and day out.

In this world of internet, it is easy to see the negative. I'd be real disapointed if either of them chose to stop streaming to get more ranks up.
SC2Toastie
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
Netherlands5725 Posts
February 14 2014 13:43 GMT
#103
On January 04 2014 08:30 avilo wrote:
There's something/someone you seem to have left out of your article, the innovator of the raven style that's been using it since MLG DC 2010. But anyone reading already knows

You know, I just read this article, and I was waiting for a childish response like this.

What is that? You are 'the Innovator' of the Raven style?
You'd like to be, sure. There's also thousands of Bronze league innovators of Carriers and 120 Reaper builds.
You've never made Ravens (or anything for that matter) work at the prolevel, are respectless to anybody in the scene but still act all offended when you don't get specifically mentioned because you used a certain unit and never really made it work at the highest level?
I'm very sorry to bring it to you, but you're not the top contender you think you are, and you'll never be respected as much as all those pros as long as you don't act like it.

Very sorry for the OP to have his nice thread dragged down by this.

PS Obviously I'll be called a hater because I don't share Avilo's opinion and as such my opinion doesn't matter to him, but well. Don't care.
Mura Ma Man, Dark Da Dude, Super Shot Sos!
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12133 Posts
February 14 2014 13:52 GMT
#104
TBH when I was searching how to battle against mech in PvT I found tons of information from Lyyna and his/hers(?) threads. The only thing I know about avilo is that he's a whiny player. Therefore I hope avilo will be left from these articles and replaced by Lyyna(I hope I'm writing your nick correctly).

Lyyna, thanks for all the nightmares you gave me with Mech it happen

Also thanks for this article, which brought this nightmares back to my mind
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
NeThZOR
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
South Africa7387 Posts
February 14 2014 14:01 GMT
#105
On February 14 2014 22:43 SC2Toastie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2014 08:30 avilo wrote:
There's something/someone you seem to have left out of your article, the innovator of the raven style that's been using it since MLG DC 2010. But anyone reading already knows

You know, I just read this article, and I was waiting for a childish response like this.

What is that? You are 'the Innovator' of the Raven style?
You'd like to be, sure. There's also thousands of Bronze league innovators of Carriers and 120 Reaper builds.
You've never made Ravens (or anything for that matter) work at the prolevel, are respectless to anybody in the scene but still act all offended when you don't get specifically mentioned because you used a certain unit and never really made it work at the highest level?
I'm very sorry to bring it to you, but you're not the top contender you think you are, and you'll never be respected as much as all those pros as long as you don't act like it.

Very sorry for the OP to have his nice thread dragged down by this.

PS Obviously I'll be called a hater because I don't share Avilo's opinion and as such my opinion doesn't matter to him, but well. Don't care.

I think your argument is quite fair. Those type of comments are unnecessary, and it creates a bad impression if you act as if you are entitled to something.
SuperNova - 2015 | SKT1 fan for years | Dear, FlaSh, PartinG, Soulkey, Naniwa
mnck
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark1518 Posts
February 14 2014 14:26 GMT
#106
Pretty interesting article :D Should do more interviews like that ;D
@Munck
Deleted User 97295
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1137 Posts
February 14 2014 14:40 GMT
#107
--- Nuked ---
Zeweig
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden189 Posts
March 10 2014 16:31 GMT
#108
Hello everyone! Some have been asking after the part two of this article and I promise that you will be seeing it on TL. The issue is that there is a lot to do right now with school etc. and I have just not had the time to do a high quality write up, and I most certainly do not want to leave you with a draft of some rushed garbage. In early June I will no longer have school to worry about and I will dedicate my entire time to e-sport, which will result in me having time to write several of these articles a week. If you have any suggestions for other topics that you would like to see interviews or articles about, please leave them here or to sciicasts@gmail.com and I will start a draft for them as soon as possible.

Once again, I apologize for the part two not coming out quickly.
Commentator for Esports Heaven, covering mainly European and Chinese events. I do observing and writing on the side.
Prev 1 4 5 6 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
hero 662
soO 553
Hyuk 399
BeSt 368
Mind 36
Shinee 34
Bale 22
ZergMaN 13
yabsab 10
Dota 2
monkeys_forever933
XaKoH 541
XcaliburYe130
League of Legends
JimRising 545
Other Games
summit1g9587
olofmeister606
ceh9473
Livibee153
Mew2King104
Happy72
ArmadaUGS43
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick560
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH351
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2297
League of Legends
• Rush1410
• Stunt454
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 29m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
3h 29m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 29m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.