• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:23
CEST 08:23
KST 15:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10716 users

Team LYGF interview: "We found an investor that is going t…

Forum Index > SC2 General
149 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 All
ardi
Profile Joined February 2012
United States187 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-06 00:49:06
January 06 2014 00:48 GMT
#141
Hope this "mystery" sponser isn't another French Canadian.
Doors block the thrust of life!!!!
Penguinator
Profile Joined December 2010
United States837 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-14 21:41:45
February 14 2014 21:27 GMT
#142
On January 04 2014 14:12 cCav wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2014 14:05 PeopleWhoAnnoyYou wrote:


Lol....You think it's just Quantic? This thread is so painfully familiar that it's hilarious to me. It's happened with so many other "teams" that end up being scams. No legitimate team just pops up with no recognition/support behind it.

It's another scam. Wake up SC2 community. People need to contact Genius and Tassadar and tell them to stay away from these people.



Then contact them and tell them what you think you know, otherwise you're not helping anyone out, you're just running a teams name through the mud for no reason. No player from LYGF has come forward saying they weren't paid and it's ridiculous of you to just assume otherwise....


Oh the irony... http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/1x7m0x/my_only_wish_is_you_give_this_post_life_for_just/

Here is a skype conversation between HTOMario and Pascal Anton (LYGF owner)
[2/1/2014 10:42:07 AM] Pascal Anton: yeah
[2/1/2014 10:42:12 AM] HTOMario: any news on sponsor?
[2/1/2014 10:42:46 AM] HTOMario: it's february o.o
[2/1/2014 10:44:27 AM] Pascal Anton: seems like they are screwing us over
[2/1/2014 10:44:34 AM] HTOMario: yeah
[2/1/2014 10:45:47 AM] HTOMario: but my salary wasn't a problem before we had them?
[2/1/2014 10:46:35 AM] Pascal Anton: i will send you a good amount on monday
[2/1/2014 10:46:44 AM] HTOMario: ok ty


Mario later goes on to say in the thread that Pascal kept giving him the run-around and coming up with excuses and that he was never actually paid.

NAUG was the new sponsor Pascal was referring too. After a bit of being late I discovered through pascal that NAUG was either stalling or delaying payments in the sponsorship they promised. - HTOMario

That's 1 player

I had a very similar experience when I was on LYGF..i'm glad I left when I did. I had multiple late payments AND even CANCELLED payments. I'm sorry this happened to you Mario hopefully it doesn't happen to anyone else. - LYGFBails
In reply to Bails - Ah why didn't you say anything?! I'm sorry man I had no idea any of this was going on until it hit me as well. I thought everything was good and even replaced some gear which they never reimbursed me for back in early december - HTOMario

That's 2

Hi guys, this is SeOuLStEaL and I was on LYGF as well. When I woke up this morning, I must say that I didn't expect to hear that HTOMario had left LYGF... But when I asked Mario himself, I was shocked that not only did he leave the team, but that some of the rumors were true about some of the members not receiving payment. I thought that maybe the financial "issues" were resolved but it appears I was mistaken. When I saw that Mario had left LYGF, it struck me that maybe it was my time to leave too. - LYGFSeOuLStEaL

Wow, that makes 3!

It's also possible that Genius has not been paid either, while he was rumored to have been promised a 4k/month salary http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/1wvm3j/lygfgenius_salary_leaked_see_inside_thoughts/

Confirmed on Skype genius has not been paid.

I was right from day 1. Check my post history LYGF was sketchy Day one yet LYGF down voted me and tried to make themselves look legit. LYGF should be ashamed. At least we caught scam now before it turned ink a hyun situation. Anton pascal has always been sketchy, from past teams. I hope this is a lesson to community to investigate and not be blinded. I wish Mario the best.
- fxo_dragonflyss

If this is true, then that would make 4! And I'm sure there are others who have received late payments or not been paid at all that just haven't said anything yet. Honestly, if this isn't enough evidence, then you're blind.
Towelie.635
EJK
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
United States1302 Posts
February 14 2014 21:30 GMT
#143
DAMN genius 4k a month DAMN.
Sc2 Terran Coach, top 16GM NA - interested in coaching? Message me on teamliquid!
Penguinator
Profile Joined December 2010
United States837 Posts
February 14 2014 21:39 GMT
#144
On February 15 2014 06:30 Smurfett3 wrote:
DAMN genius 4k a month DAMN.


Well, it's pretty easy to pay someone a 4k a month salary when, you know, you don't actually pay them...
Towelie.635
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33701 Posts
February 14 2014 21:44 GMT
#145
I still think my banner is awesome
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
February 14 2014 21:45 GMT
#146
On February 15 2014 06:44 Waxangel wrote:
I still think my banner is awesome

Your banner is not related to this thread and also your post is not. Gratz!
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
Penguinator
Profile Joined December 2010
United States837 Posts
February 14 2014 21:45 GMT
#147
On February 15 2014 06:44 Waxangel wrote:
I still think my banner is awesome


Indeed
Towelie.635
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
February 14 2014 21:48 GMT
#148
4k a month should of been a red sign for genius to turn around. This is 2nd hand info but I thought 2k a month was considered really good.
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
February 14 2014 21:50 GMT
#149
On February 15 2014 06:45 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2014 06:44 Waxangel wrote:
I still think my banner is awesome

Your banner is not related to this thread and also your post is not. Gratz!


Did you miss the joke or do girlfriends not exist in Finland
AdministratorBreak the chains
Penguinator
Profile Joined December 2010
United States837 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-14 22:01:16
February 14 2014 21:57 GMT
#150
On February 15 2014 06:48 TBone- wrote:
4k a month should of been a red sign for genius to turn around. This is 2nd hand info but I thought 2k a month was considered really good.


Yes it is second hand info, but put yourself in the position of the LYGF CEO. If people were saying things like this about your company and throwing around these accusations that aren't true, wouldn't you DO SOMETHING? There has been no official statement made by anyone on LYGF refuting any of these accusations... In fact, there hasn't been too many statements from them about anything. It's like they're just keeping their mouth shut about anything business/sponsor related and hoping that people just eventually stop caring... I mean go to their website and look at their list of sponsors (mainly Idea2create and AndroidTVCanada). I've never heard of either of them, and if you click the links to their websites, they're like the most sketchy/poorly designed websites I've ever seen, and after reading through them, I couldn't even tell you what they do, and there's no way in hell that they're able to fund a team with players like Genius and Tassadar... This entire organization just SCREAMS the word "scam."
Towelie.635
Prev 1 6 7 8 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 181
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 523
hero 471
BeSt 267
Mind 32
Bale 21
Terrorterran 15
Noble 13
ZergMaN 9
yabsab 8
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1128
League of Legends
JimRising 634
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King130
Other Games
summit1g9485
Livibee45
ArmadaUGS35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick514
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 6
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH360
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2278
League of Legends
• Rush1245
• Stunt455
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 37m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
4h 37m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 37m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.