• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:47
CEST 13:47
KST 20:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12313 users

TaeJa wins HomeStory Cup VIII - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
97 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
November 18 2013 15:16 GMT
#61
Is it true that Nerchio immediately went home as soon as he lost in the first round? Poor guy, he really needs to relax from time to time, his performance wasn't that horrible...
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
November 18 2013 15:19 GMT
#62
Thanks for the recap!
Moderatorlickypiddy
XtreMe_au
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia412 Posts
November 18 2013 15:22 GMT
#63
7 championships.. none in korea
dreamseller
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
Australia914 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-18 15:59:33
November 18 2013 15:41 GMT
#64
On November 19 2013 00:16 JustPassingBy wrote:
Is it true that Nerchio immediately went home as soon as he lost in the first round? Poor guy, he really needs to relax from time to time, his performance wasn't that horrible...


deleteme
PGtour admin
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
November 18 2013 15:44 GMT
#65
On November 19 2013 00:16 JustPassingBy wrote:
Is it true that Nerchio immediately went home as soon as he lost in the first round? Poor guy, he really needs to relax from time to time, his performance wasn't that horrible...

I thought he casted some games after he was out?
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-18 15:46:28
November 18 2013 15:44 GMT
#66
Where's my Staples Easy Button?

On November 18 2013 20:41 y0su wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2013 17:52 JokerAi wrote:
It was realy cool with incontrol on the coutch.
I hope we see all this players next time again specially Scarlett.

iNcontroL
HeRoMaRinE
Scarlett
TitaN
jjakji
Symbol
TLO
ToD
TaeJa
DIMAGA
rotterdam
HasuObs
Take
Dayshi
Sponsors
Ret
production crew
Socke
MaNa
Kas
HyuN
MC
ThorZaIN
MoMaN
NightEnD
Happy
TargA
Zenio
HerO
Nerchio
BabyKnight
Leenock
Harstem
Stephano
StarDust
HuK


wait... HuK was there?


Guy wasn't happy with his performance so he wanted to leave early which is fair.
Deep Cocoa
Profile Joined June 2013
United States36 Posts
November 18 2013 15:47 GMT
#67
"Why I always win 10000$? I want get more money."

I get that these guys are fighting for a prize, but I lost a little respect for Taeja today. His ambivalence over 1st place, thinking retirement for now good reason, complaining about winning 10K for playing a videogame, the best videogame in existence mind you.... idk it just rubbed me the wrong way, I like a little more humility in my champs. Even when they are a Terran lol.
"Being a child is like nothing. It's only being. Later, when we think about it, we make it into youth." China Miéville
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-18 15:51:06
November 18 2013 15:48 GMT
#68
On November 18 2013 14:22 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2013 14:12 johnnyapplec wrote:
On November 18 2013 13:30 Dodgin wrote:
Taeja won four tournaments this year, Innovation won one. Taeja's four wins are worth the same amount of prize money as Innovation's one

But Asus rog and homestory have lesser competition than wcs season 1. Taejja is clearly above everyone at hsc even the Koreans as these are the has beens or tier 2 guys (hero's good but lacks self confidence)


Jjakji isn't a has been or really tier 2 (anymore lewl) he was in the ro8 in the last code S. Nor is Symbol or Hyun. Had Symbol just suddenly decided not to shit his brains out of his ears in that last game, Taeja wouldn't even be holding the trophy.


Only player I saw that didn't have any major missteps was TaeJa. Then again I didn't watch the whole tournament and when I did my stream was stuttering constantly, so who knows. In my eyes he was the only player truly on and what do you know. Many people had him as their favorite.

On November 19 2013 00:47 Deep Cocoa wrote:
"Why I always win 10000$? I want get more money."

I get that these guys are fighting for a prize, but I lost a little respect for Taeja today. His ambivalence over 1st place, thinking retirement for now good reason, complaining about winning 10K for playing a videogame, the best videogame in existence mind you.... idk it just rubbed me the wrong way, I like a little more humility in my champs. Even when they are a Terran lol.


I didn't see the interview for myself, but it almost sounds like you're jumping the gun. Oh yeah, it wasn't the interview so to speak. It was some silly text message you read on twitter. Cool beans. -_-
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
November 18 2013 15:53 GMT
#69
On November 19 2013 00:22 XtreMe_au wrote:
7 championships.. none in korea

I don't find that any less impressive. Taeja is managing to stay top tier for a long time now.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
November 18 2013 15:54 GMT
#70
rock-solid Liquid Terran


...

You weren't kidding on Twitter, you really put it in. Well it's the truth, congrats Taeja!
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
dreamseller
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
Australia914 Posts
November 18 2013 15:54 GMT
#71
On November 19 2013 00:48 StarStruck wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2013 14:22 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
On November 18 2013 14:12 johnnyapplec wrote:
On November 18 2013 13:30 Dodgin wrote:
Taeja won four tournaments this year, Innovation won one. Taeja's four wins are worth the same amount of prize money as Innovation's one

But Asus rog and homestory have lesser competition than wcs season 1. Taejja is clearly above everyone at hsc even the Koreans as these are the has beens or tier 2 guys (hero's good but lacks self confidence)


Jjakji isn't a has been or really tier 2 (anymore lewl) he was in the ro8 in the last code S. Nor is Symbol or Hyun. Had Symbol just suddenly decided not to shit his brains out of his ears in that last game, Taeja wouldn't even be holding the trophy.


Only player I saw that didn't have any major missteps was TaeJa. Then again I didn't watch the whole tournament and when I did my stream was stuttering constantly, so who knows. In my eyes he was the only player truly on and what do you know. Many people had him as their favorite.

Show nested quote +
On November 19 2013 00:47 Deep Cocoa wrote:
"Why I always win 10000$? I want get more money."

I get that these guys are fighting for a prize, but I lost a little respect for Taeja today. His ambivalence over 1st place, thinking retirement for now good reason, complaining about winning 10K for playing a videogame, the best videogame in existence mind you.... idk it just rubbed me the wrong way, I like a little more humility in my champs. Even when they are a Terran lol.


I didn't see the interview for myself, but it almost sounds like you're jumping the gun. Oh yeah, it wasn't the interview so to speak. It was some silly text message you read on twitter. Cool beans. -_-


leave him with his pitchfork, he will clearly mishandle it and trip on it, thus smiting himself
PGtour admin
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
November 18 2013 15:56 GMT
#72
On November 19 2013 00:16 JustPassingBy wrote:
Is it true that Nerchio immediately went home as soon as he lost in the first round? Poor guy, he really needs to relax from time to time, his performance wasn't that horrible...


You confused him with Huk I think.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10960 Posts
November 18 2013 16:14 GMT
#73
No mention of Tod?

Strange...
Incognoto
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
France10239 Posts
November 18 2013 16:17 GMT
#74
I think Taeja is pretty good at this game, thoughts?
maru lover forever
Gruntt
Profile Joined August 2010
United States175 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-18 16:34:23
November 18 2013 16:27 GMT
#75
Teaja only 50k above fruitdealer D:

Compare pages :
http://www.sc2earnings.com/player/204/kim-won-gi

http://www.sc2earnings.com/player/285/yun-young-seo

First GSL win omg, nailing it early then retiring is the way to go!

Edit: Damn MC hoggin the place up!
Gruntt
Profile Joined August 2010
United States175 Posts
November 18 2013 16:38 GMT
#76
On November 19 2013 00:47 Deep Cocoa wrote:
"Why I always win 10000$? I want get more money."

I get that these guys are fighting for a prize, but I lost a little respect for Taeja today. His ambivalence over 1st place, thinking retirement for now good reason, complaining about winning 10K for playing a videogame, the best videogame in existence mind you.... idk it just rubbed me the wrong way, I like a little more humility in my champs. Even when they are a Terran lol.


Nah nah, dude is upset cause the prize money has shot down. These dudes work hard, don't mistake the game as being this fun thing all the time and playing it all day every day is some form of paradise.

It's a job to them. Regardless of what anyone does, try and do it for 12 hours a day for 5 days straight while constantly trying to improve your skill and you'll quickly understand that it's not just some super fun thing to do for them.
caznitch
Profile Joined July 2012
Canada645 Posts
November 18 2013 17:13 GMT
#77
On November 19 2013 01:38 Gruntt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 19 2013 00:47 Deep Cocoa wrote:
"Why I always win 10000$? I want get more money."

I get that these guys are fighting for a prize, but I lost a little respect for Taeja today. His ambivalence over 1st place, thinking retirement for now good reason, complaining about winning 10K for playing a videogame, the best videogame in existence mind you.... idk it just rubbed me the wrong way, I like a little more humility in my champs. Even when they are a Terran lol.


Nah nah, dude is upset cause the prize money has shot down. These dudes work hard, don't mistake the game as being this fun thing all the time and playing it all day every day is some form of paradise.

It's a job to them. Regardless of what anyone does, try and do it for 12 hours a day for 5 days straight while constantly trying to improve your skill and you'll quickly understand that it's not just some super fun thing to do for them.


Yeah - I can't fault him for the statement. I make more than that every 2 months as a mid-level engineer. If they're were engineering rankings in the world I'd probably be around 10,000,000th best in the world...
why?
bsdaemon
Profile Joined July 2012
618 Posts
November 18 2013 17:15 GMT
#78
On November 19 2013 00:47 Deep Cocoa wrote:
"Why I always win 10000$? I want get more money."

I get that these guys are fighting for a prize, but I lost a little respect for Taeja today. His ambivalence over 1st place, thinking retirement for now good reason, complaining about winning 10K for playing a videogame, the best videogame in existence mind you.... idk it just rubbed me the wrong way, I like a little more humility in my champs. Even when they are a Terran lol.


It initially rubbed me the wrong way too but when I think about it, english isn't his first language so what he wrote might not accurately express what he wants to say.
Noobity
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States871 Posts
November 18 2013 17:19 GMT
#79
I'd honestly argue that the "why always $10000" comment has the opposite effect of the "Faceless Korean" syndrome. That's Dennis Rodman level ballsy for a Korean. I approve.
My name is Mike, and statistically, yours is not.
Deep Cocoa
Profile Joined June 2013
United States36 Posts
November 18 2013 17:23 GMT
#80
Yeah I retract what I said earlier guys sorry--it's easy to forget how this is not a "game" to any of these professional players. I love SC2 as much as anyone buy playing 9 hours a day to compete must get tedious and frustrating at times.
"Being a child is like nothing. It's only being. Later, when we think about it, we make it into youth." China Miéville
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings107
CranKy Ducklings SOOP34
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko278
ProTech127
SHIN 116
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 26780
Hyuk 1318
Shuttle 1167
Bisu 1104
Mind 865
Larva 300
Mini 277
firebathero 259
Soma 185
EffOrt 182
[ Show more ]
Last 125
Leta 113
ZerO 93
Zeus 75
Hyun 69
Pusan 67
Hm[arnc] 55
Sexy 34
sorry 34
PianO 33
Killer 31
Trap 30
Bale 28
ToSsGirL 28
hero 27
Aegong 23
yabsab 13
Noble 11
JulyZerg 8
Sacsri 7
zelot 5
Dota 2
Dendi943
XcaliburYe613
XaKoH 422
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1485
Other Games
gofns36689
singsing2431
B2W.Neo843
crisheroes281
Happy186
DeMusliM178
OGKoka 167
Mew2King119
Livibee100
ArmadaUGS64
ZerO(Twitch)6
ToD4
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream174
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 52
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8351
League of Legends
• Jankos1710
Other Games
• WagamamaTV188
Upcoming Events
FEL
4h 13m
AI Arena Tournament
5h 13m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h 13m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 13m
INu's Battles
1d
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.