• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:56
CEST 01:56
KST 08:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6582 users

WCS S3 Finals - Group Stage Preview - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
201 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 11 Next All
TOMisAfish
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia123 Posts
October 25 2013 02:29 GMT
#101
Heart says,

Polt, MC
MMA, Jaedong
Vortix, HerO
Maru, duckdeok

Looking forward to tomorrow!
ChoDing
Profile Joined November 2009
United States740 Posts
October 25 2013 02:42 GMT
#102
MMA and Jaedong advance.

edit please!

and i believe jd shoudnt win this championship....

blizzcon awaits him...

i believe
관광 since 2008. Master of Cheese. God of Heartbreak Ridge.
Yakikorosu
Profile Joined March 2013
1203 Posts
October 25 2013 02:48 GMT
#103
I think there's such parity in SC2 among the top players right now that it's very hard to predict anything short of a mismatch (and even that is hard; who was predicting soO 3-0 Soulkey?!). Only a few things would surprise me:

1) Soulkey is very likely to make it out of Group A. Polt is my favorite player but I feel like even on an average day, Soulkey is so solid that even if he loses to Polt (which I doubt), I feel like there's no way he'll lose to Hack or MC.

2) Very unlikely that Genius or duckdeok make it out of their groups. I have a big soft spot for Genius (and am developing one for duckdeok) but they seem like SUCH underdogs. I would love to see Genius make some kind of run though, especially to help him find a good spot on a team.

3) I think Maru is very likely to make it out of Group D. He's clearly not just a flash in the pan, and he might lose to soO, but he shouldn't lose to ByuL or duckdeok.

So I'll say:

A: Soulkey, Polt
B: MMA, Trap
C: Dear, Oz
D: Maru, ByuL
thirtyapm
Profile Joined January 2012
521 Posts
October 25 2013 03:11 GMT
#104
great write up thanks!
Die4Ever
Profile Joined August 2010
United States17750 Posts
October 25 2013 03:54 GMT
#105
On October 25 2013 11:48 Yakikorosu wrote:
I think there's such parity in SC2 among the top players right now that it's very hard to predict anything short of a mismatch (and even that is hard; who was predicting soO 3-0 Soulkey?!). Only a few things would surprise me:

1) Soulkey is very likely to make it out of Group A. Polt is my favorite player but I feel like even on an average day, Soulkey is so solid that even if he loses to Polt (which I doubt), I feel like there's no way he'll lose to Hack or MC.

2) Very unlikely that Genius or duckdeok make it out of their groups. I have a big soft spot for Genius (and am developing one for duckdeok) but they seem like SUCH underdogs. I would love to see Genius make some kind of run though, especially to help him find a good spot on a team.

3) I think Maru is very likely to make it out of Group D. He's clearly not just a flash in the pan, and he might lose to soO, but he shouldn't lose to ByuL or duckdeok.

So I'll say:

A: Soulkey, Polt
B: MMA, Trap
C: Dear, Oz
D: Maru, ByuL

Jaedong did almost lose to Hack in WCS AM.
"Expert" mods4ever.com
AxionSteel
Profile Joined January 2011
United States7754 Posts
October 25 2013 04:06 GMT
#106
On October 25 2013 11:48 Yakikorosu wrote:
I think there's such parity in SC2 among the top players right now that it's very hard to predict anything short of a mismatch (and even that is hard; who was predicting soO 3-0 Soulkey?!). Only a few things would surprise me:

1) Soulkey is very likely to make it out of Group A. Polt is my favorite player but I feel like even on an average day, Soulkey is so solid that even if he loses to Polt (which I doubt), I feel like there's no way he'll lose to Hack or MC.

2) Very unlikely that Genius or duckdeok make it out of their groups. I have a big soft spot for Genius (and am developing one for duckdeok) but they seem like SUCH underdogs. I would love to see Genius make some kind of run though, especially to help him find a good spot on a team.

3) I think Maru is very likely to make it out of Group D. He's clearly not just a flash in the pan, and he might lose to soO, but he shouldn't lose to ByuL or duckdeok.

So I'll say:

A: Soulkey, Polt
B: MMA, Trap
C: Dear, Oz
D: Maru, ByuL


Agree with your predictions, although I'll go with soO over Maru in group D. I love Maru and he's obviously not a flash in the pan, like you say. A bit worried about his TvZ though, looked rather shaky in the HSC qualifier.

A: Soulkey, Polt
B: MMA, Trap
C: Dear, Oz
D: soO, ByuL
Sumahi
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Guam5609 Posts
October 25 2013 05:28 GMT
#107
I'm cheering for Hack. I hope this is the tourney where he finally has a breakout run.
Startale <3, ST_July <3, HongUn <3, Savior <3, Gretorp <3, Nada <3, Rainbow <3, Ret <3, Squirtle <3, Bomber <3
DarthNeBuL
Profile Joined January 2011
Russian Federation17 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-25 05:36:02
October 25 2013 05:33 GMT
#108
soO is facing Maru in the first match, and ByuL is facing duckdeok. Is there a mistake in your article or at Liquipedia tournament page? http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2013_WCS_Season_3

However, my predictions are:

A) Soulkey, MC
B) MMA, Trap
C) Dear, VortiX
D) soO, Maru
GumBa
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United Kingdom31935 Posts
October 25 2013 05:50 GMT
#109
Polt vs MMA final would be my dream. Then unlike ST it goes full 7 games and is the greatest TvT series ever.
To all the haters: you deserve to witness many, many more Serral victories, worthy of the godlike player he is.
Jacmert
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Canada1709 Posts
October 25 2013 05:53 GMT
#110
Hey guys, so what's a good app for a Nexus 7 tablet if I want to use it as a sign? Static text and/or dynamic text would be cool.
Plat Support Main #believe
Daswollvieh
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
5553 Posts
October 25 2013 06:03 GMT
#111
Those NA times, killing EU esports... Hope they´re quick about the Vods.
sudete
Profile Joined December 2012
Singapore3054 Posts
October 25 2013 06:13 GMT
#112
I hope MMA doesn't choke again. No Scarlett to kill him this time so... :D
Year of MaxPax
ivancype
Profile Joined December 2012
Brazil485 Posts
October 25 2013 07:06 GMT
#113
A - Polt, MC
B - Jaedong, Trap
C - HerO, VortiX (i will allow my heart to predict this group)
D - ByuL, Soo
The other race is OP
Ketch
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands7285 Posts
October 25 2013 07:11 GMT
#114
I think Vortix will win over OZ... I believe!
Maegi
Profile Joined January 2013
Finland174 Posts
October 25 2013 08:17 GMT
#115
Umm it says MC and Polt are #1 and #2 on all time earnings? Polt is only #4.
NaNiwa <3
buchaa
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
Pakistan77 Posts
October 25 2013 08:32 GMT
#116
Thumbs up to the TL team. The write ups keep getting better and better, and so much that the TL fans are pissed when they don't write some important ones. (i.e. preview for the finals day america)

Really well done on this one. An awesome read.
BoxeR, Michael Schumacher, Michael Jordan (Legends never get old)
DeadCell
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada256 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-25 08:33:29
October 25 2013 08:33 GMT
#117
I have faith in Polt or Byul to take it all. Regardless, it will be an event to remember with all these phenomenal players.

I hope we have more big events in Canada!
If it comes down to you or them, send flowers.
Hushfield
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Belgium80 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-25 09:11:13
October 25 2013 09:11 GMT
#118
Great write-up, managed to make me pumped for every single group instead of just that ridiculous group A. Really hoping Vortix makes it through.
DinosaurPoop
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
687 Posts
October 25 2013 09:16 GMT
#119
Maru, soO
HerO, VortiX (yes i fucking mean it)
Trap, Jaedong
Polt, Soulkey
duckdeok's a bit of a wildcard though
When cats speak, mice listen.
dustinth
Profile Joined September 2012
China205 Posts
October 25 2013 09:34 GMT
#120
Soulkey will beat Polt for sure and so as JD vs. MMA.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 959
Artosis 613
White-Ra 123
910 43
Dota 2
monkeys_forever544
NeuroSwarm160
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv187
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe124
Heroes of the Storm
Trikslyr101
Other Games
summit1g7935
shahzam667
JimRising 443
C9.Mang0289
ArmadaUGS74
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick699
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream310
Other Games
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 122
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
10h 4m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Kung Fu Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.