• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:06
CEST 15:06
KST 22:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11774 users

Better Know a WCS AM Challenger: JonSnow

Forum Index > SC2 General
60 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
TL.net ESPORTS
Profile Joined July 2011
4 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-03 11:52:15
October 03 2013 11:26 GMT
#1
2013 WCS Europe

WCS America Season 3 Challenger League



Brackets and standings on Liquipedia

Get to know your WCS players

Interviews by monk

Get to Know your WCS AM Challenger Player is back! Though we had a brief break (mostly due to zero foreigners qualifying during season 2), we now have a whole host of new interviews ready for you. Please welcome (Z)Core.JonSnow, the only us American us to make it through Challenger qualifiers.

JonSnow

So let's begin! First off, can you start off by introducing yourself?
Hello, I'm Jarod.

lol, sorry, lemme retype.

IS YOUR NAME NOT JAROD? Did you already get the first question wrong?!?!?!
Hello, I'm Jarod "(Z)JonSnow" George a 16 year old Zerg player from the United States. XD, interviews so hard.

Ah, is this your first interview?
Yes I think this is my first official Starcraft interview.

Oh wow, excited?
Yeah!

So you said this is your official Starcraft interview. Have you done any other types of interviews before? And how do you think this will be different from those?
I've done some small interviews for jobs and such, but I assume this will be much more fun =)

Yea, the hard part is over. You already got the job by qualifying to WCS. So Mr. jonsnow, I googled your name and I assume your name is from Game of Thrones?
Haha yes you could say that, have been following the books and tv series for a while.

[image loading]
Knows nothing—maybe how to 6-pool?
As you can probably tell from me having to rely on Google, I don't really follow game of thrones =( What can you tell me about Jon Snow the character, and why did you choose him as your name and not another Game of Thrones character?
Well, he's pretty much the best character and he has the coolest name so it was a no brainer for me.

You still haven't told me anything about the character =( For those of us who don't watch the show, what makes him cool?
He has really nice hair.

Do you have really nice hair too? Or do you just really wish you had really nice hair and are compensating with a SC2 user id?
My hair has always been one of my biggest insecurities, it just cannot compare the magnificence of JonSnow's hair.


Do you watch any other shows, maybe something I can relate to?
I really enjoy Breaking Bad, but i havent seen the last episode yet.

Have you talked to or interacted with anyone today? If not, i don't recommend it. I do hear it was a good finale though!
Only been to school and practice, and was able to survive without spoilers!

What did you practice? A secret SC2 practice training camp?
Haha, no it was Cross Country after school.

What races do you run and what are your best times?
I normally run the 5k...any let not talk about my times ;P

It's ok. I think I can only run a 5k right now in like 32 minutes(i'm slow). So i agree, let's move back onto sc! How were the WCS AM qualifiers? Any exciting or difficult matches? You even beat a korean and a taiwanese person along the way!
The qualifiers were pretty good, admittedly I had one of the easier brakets. There were some difficult matchups that I went 2-1 in, but the hardest opponent was probably Slam. Even though I went 2-0 I was quite nervous during the games and always felt behind. Regardless I pulled through!

How do you feel about being the only American to qualify in 2 seasons and what do you think that says about the scene?
It feels amazing to qualify, and I'm glad to bring another American to the tournament. I think the American scene is a little behind many other countries in terms of esprts, but there is still tons of talent in the scene and potential to grow.

Did you know that the last time Xenocider did one of these interviews, he was picked up by EG a few days after? What do you think your chances are?
Haha, not very good. Regardless i'm extremly happy with my current team, Core Gaming, they've been very good to me and I see a good future with them.

But don't you ever look back at his signing and think "IT COULD HAVE BEEN ME". If only you had done this interview a few months earlier, then you would be partying it up with players like EGJaedong and EGTLO with all those hookers and blow.
Not sure I'd be very good at Starcraft after all the hookers and blow.

Are you suggesting that that's the source of the EG curse?
It's something they should look into.

Seeing that you're still in high school now, what are you ambitions for SC2? Do you plan to take the traditional path and go to college or pull an Illusion and go into full time gaming?
I think its a great hobby that I will continue into college. Going full time seems like a huge risk and I'm not sure if it would be a good idea for me.

What about any role models in the sc2 scene, both in terms of in-game play and out-of-game manner?
I really admired Stephano in his play and his ability to be a good entertainer, but he's gone now. So currently I think Suppy and Demuslim are probably my best role models. Suppy because of he is able to balance school and Starcraft very well, and Demuslim because he's so handsome.

You know, Xenocider talked about how handsome Demuslim was in his interview as well. You're really trying to get into EG, aren't you?
Haha, I think Core is the team Xenocider should have tried to get on.

I normally save this question for much later in the interview, but i figure now's as good a time as any for it. If you could be on a team with any five players, who would they be? My guess for you is: Suppy, Demuslim, Incontrol, Xenocider, Alex Garfield.
Hmmm Naniwa, Lucifron, Scarlett, Demuslim, and Innovation. Would be so imba in teamleagues.

Because Innovation would all-kill everyone?
Yup, get the monies and never have to play =) whats better than that?

I noticed that on your ideal team, Scarlett is the only Zerg. Is that because she's your favorite Zerg that you look up to? Or do you have others? Is the reason you only picked one Zerg on your team because you secretly want more playtime?
I think she's the best foreign Zerg. And I was just trying to produce the most imba team in terms of skill, wasn't thinking of races.

Do you think the players you listed are better than any Korean alternatives?
Not necessarily but I'd like to be able to talk to most of my hypothetical team. I don't want to be lonely.

So here's a hot topic. What's your opinion on region locking? And do you think there should be residency restrictions placed in WCS?
I think region locking can be good for the foreign scene to grow, although it will drastically reduce the skill level for competition. I've always looked forward to competing vs Koreans, but maybe that should wait for the global finals.

Being that you're an up-and-coming player in the NA scene, can you give us some insight on any other up-and-coming hidden gems? I'm going to limit you to 2 players on your own team here.
Alright =P starting with my own team I think (Z)JonnyREcco and (T)Sonic are two players on my own team who are improving extremly fast and have potential to become amazing. Aside from that I haven't seen much of (Z)Jig playing but he's been doing pretty well. And I'm sure there are some EU players who we should watch for...but i don't know the EU scene well.

I liked how I asked you about the best players in the NA scene and you gave me a british guy. The NA scene is that bad, huh?
Haha...well it could be better.

On that somber note, I think that about wraps it up. Would you like to give any shoutouts or say any closing words?
Thank you for the interview. I'd also like to thank my team Core Gaming, and you can follow me on twitter @JonSnowSC2 and watch my stream at www.twitch.tv/jonsnowsc2 .


Get to know even more WCS Challengers!

WCS America
Core.JonSnow
Fray_Petraeus

WCS Europe
uThermal

WCS Korea
Coming soon?!


Interviews: monk
Facebook Twitter Reddit
TL+ Member
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
October 03 2013 11:33 GMT
#2
you know nothing, jon snow
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
DreamOen
Profile Joined March 2010
Spain1400 Posts
October 03 2013 11:39 GMT
#3
I really appreciate this series of interviews with up and coming players.
Tester | MC | Crank | Flash | Jaedong | MVP
Jer99
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada8160 Posts
October 03 2013 11:50 GMT
#4
Cool interview, thanks monk
StrategyTaeJa #1 || @TL_Jer99 || "seeker seeked out his seeking"
KadaverBB
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany25658 Posts
October 03 2013 11:51 GMT
#5
He sure knows a lot.
AdministratorLaws change depending on who's making them, but justice is justice
Stress
Profile Joined February 2011
United States980 Posts
October 03 2013 12:01 GMT
#6
What's that thing you did with your tongue, Jon Snow?
"Touch my gosu hands." - Tastosis | | fOrGG // MC // Jaedong
EnumaAvalon
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Philippines3613 Posts
October 03 2013 12:03 GMT
#7
On October 03 2013 20:33 ETisME wrote:
you know nothing, jon snow

I was not disappointed! Hahaha! Apparently he knows how to play tho!
(._.) ( l: ) ( .-. ) ( :l ) (._.) They see me rolling. They hating.
Dubag
Profile Joined March 2006
Australia82 Posts
October 03 2013 12:07 GMT
#8
On October 03 2013 21:01 Stress wrote:
What's that thing you did with your tongue, Jon Snow?


Before she even got in the hot spring. He obviously does know nothing.

Seems like a nice dude.
DRG | MC | Gumiho | Soulkey | Effort
m0ck
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
4194 Posts
October 03 2013 12:07 GMT
#9
These are great, ty!
Nyarly
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
France1030 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-03 12:16:40
October 03 2013 12:16 GMT
#10
On October 03 2013 20:39 DreamOen wrote:
I really appreciate this series of interviews with up and coming players.

Yup, me too.

Hello JonSnow and gratz !
Heartland
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Sweden24604 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-03 12:34:34
October 03 2013 12:20 GMT
#11
Kadaver got to the "Knows nothing" joke before I could :/

Edit: And some other user. Damnation.
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
October 03 2013 12:24 GMT
#12
Who are your parents?
Littlesheep
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada217 Posts
October 03 2013 12:26 GMT
#13
For some reason, I always assumed this was someones smurf when I see streamers play him, he has a smurf type name to me. Surprised he's so young because I've seen his name around for a while.
pro toez
jackslater
Profile Joined November 2012
Russian Federation604 Posts
October 03 2013 12:34 GMT
#14
Nice interview! Gl to Jarod))
TaishiCi
Profile Joined September 2013
Korea (South)211 Posts
October 03 2013 12:39 GMT
#15
Good player, solid with good aggression.
Been following his progress since his hardcore laddering days.
Hope to see him breakout in a major way.
Dae Han Min Gook Man Sae!!!
tomastaz
Profile Joined January 2013
United States976 Posts
October 03 2013 12:41 GMT
#16
Woot I really like these "get to know a challenger wcs player!"
No church in the wild --- @tzhang0126
Heartland
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Sweden24604 Posts
October 03 2013 12:42 GMT
#17
So does this make the Koreans in the WCS NA the white walkers or the dothraki?
KeksX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany3634 Posts
October 03 2013 12:43 GMT
#18
On October 03 2013 21:01 Stress wrote:
What's that thing you did with your tongue, Jon Snow?

LOLOLOL Nice one!

Looking forward to see more from this player. We need some americans to cheer them up, they are so bitter about everything recently.
Ctone23
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States1841 Posts
October 03 2013 12:50 GMT
#19
Smart kid. Good luck in WCS!
TL+ Member
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
October 03 2013 12:55 GMT
#20
If I ever see a picture of him I will be sorely disappointed. As of now I still envision Kit Harrington sitting at a computer playing Starcraft and qualifying for WCS.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
SHIN 232
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings113
CranKy Ducklings SOOP48
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko348
SHIN 232
ProTech142
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40831
Bisu 2100
Shuttle 1916
Hyuk 1679
Larva 415
EffOrt 412
Soma 395
Mini 352
ZerO 286
firebathero 226
[ Show more ]
Last 122
Leta 87
hero 82
Zeus 72
Pusan 62
Killer 48
Hm[arnc] 47
Hyun 47
Sexy 45
Trap 45
Bale 40
ToSsGirL 30
Aegong 27
PianO 25
zelot 23
sorry 17
yabsab 11
JulyZerg 10
Noble 10
Sacsri 7
Icarus 6
Rock 5
ajuk12(nOOB) 4
Dota 2
Gorgc4550
qojqva1543
Dendi952
XcaliburYe355
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor794
crisheroes679
Liquid`Hasu9
Other Games
gofns39910
singsing2576
B2W.Neo1184
Happy324
DeMusliM259
Livibee137
Mew2King99
Liquid`VortiX63
ArmadaUGS56
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream139
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 72
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 9843
League of Legends
• Jankos1674
Other Games
• WagamamaTV222
Upcoming Events
FEL
2h 54m
AI Arena Tournament
3h 54m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 54m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 54m
INu's Battles
22h 54m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.