• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:37
CEST 19:37
KST 02:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10549 users

NASL and WCS America Qualifier

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Yhamm
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
France7248 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-21 03:17:03
September 21 2013 02:01 GMT
#1
I remember 6 months ago when MLG was organizing the WCS America. It started really badly with a poorly handled qualifier. Not only the problems with the Chinese players but the casting and their will to hide the results so they could cast the matches later. So many people was wondering why it was MLG doing that and not NASL, how NASL was so much better at doing online tournament, etc.

Starting season 2, MLG was replaced by NASL and everyone was so happy.

So today, there was the first qualifier for WCS America Challenger Season 3. There are only 2 streams with casters : Eggi and... MLG. NASL? nope, nothing. No news from them and they didn't even say a word about casting the best matches later (at least, I didn't see anything on their website and on their twitter, they just spam a link to buy tickets for the WCS finals in Toronto)

Not only they don't cast anything, the official bracket ( http://binarybeast.com/xSC21308234 ) is private and so, not available for public. (message is : Results are currently private and not yet available for public viewing).

At the time I am writing, it is still on, I think they are at the RO16, and since the top 4 qualify, that means there are only 2 rounds left. And yet, there is no way to know who played this qualifier, if there was any upset or who is close to qualify to the Challenger League of WCS.

So, is this how NASL now deals with the WCS America?

edit :

On September 21 2013 12:10 Dark.Carnival wrote:
So far it has been a major disappointment in how the tournament was advertised and how they ran it today.

It almost went by unnoticed except for a few posts on reddit when NASL released the information for sign-ups about a week ago. But NASL didn't announce it on reddit or teamliquid as far as I know. The WCS website had a couple news posts about it but again nothing was posted to community sites.

First qualifier was today and it was a bit of a mess. Only 135 people signed up since there was very little advertisement but they still kept their "schedule" that said ro512 would start 12pm PDT. Since there were so few sign-ups there was no ro512 so the vast majority of us were online at 12pm thinking the schedule would be moved up only to find out they didn't want us to play until the scheduled time. ro256 was at 1:30pm PDT and ro128 was at 3:00pm PDT.

Other issues are there was only ONE admin, and he was often not replying to questions probably due to being messaged by everyone. There was a check-in required 30mins before your match that you had to do by messaging this one admin and waiting for a reply. If your opponent wasn't there or afk you were supposed to tell the admin, who eventually went through every no-show by asking in chat for them to reply to him. For the ro128 this was done before 3pm PDT and lead to several people getting walked over despite returning in time for the match at 3pm PDT. As far as I could tell the one admin wasn't able to get to everyone having issues so a lot of walkovers went unresolved.

Next issue; map pool. The maps are the same as the ladder but there was zero information on starting maps or if there was a veto system. After messaging the admin to check in for the ro128 he gave out the maps which were randomly selected by him (or someone). They were set maps for each game so no vetoing or loser picks. The funny part is in the very next round for the maps the starting map was chosen again by the admin but it became loser picks for no reason. The lack of information regarding the map rules also lead to some people ignoring the admin and doing vetoes for map picks anyway.

Overall it was probably one of the worst qualifiers for an important tournament I've been in or seen, and probably the worst WCS qualifier for all three seasons. To sum up the problems; lack of advertising it, lack of information, poor scheduling and only one admin. Hopefully the qualifier on the 24th is ran better but I'm not getting my hopes up D:

For information on the next qualifer; http://nasl.tv/News/Article/20130914wcs-america-season-3-qualifier-information

Qualifier 2
12pm PDT on September 24 - Registration opens
12pm PDT on September 27 - Registration closes
12pm PDT on September 28 - Tournament begins (I assume ro512 same as todays)

LiquipediaWe will have only each other at the last
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
September 21 2013 02:10 GMT
#2
I had zero info on this so I couldn't premake OPs or anything. In fact I didn't even know this was today ?_?
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
dWarreN
Profile Joined May 2013
117 Posts
September 21 2013 02:11 GMT
#3
*Sighs* Why can't anyone get WCS right? Like, ESL and then theirs is everyone else's shit. Maybe 2014... then again, we have been saying maybe next time for 3 seasons now..
EJK
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
United States1302 Posts
September 21 2013 02:11 GMT
#4
On September 21 2013 11:10 lichter wrote:
I had zero info on this so I couldn't premake OPs or anything. In fact I didn't even know this was today ?_?

I am really confused as well. I don't think there were even any sign ups for the brackets to begin with, mighta just been all private/invite only
Sc2 Terran Coach, top 16GM NA - interested in coaching? Message me on teamliquid!
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-21 02:13:03
September 21 2013 02:11 GMT
#5
I had no idea this was today and only found out just after it started.
On September 21 2013 11:11 Smurfett3 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2013 11:10 lichter wrote:
I had zero info on this so I couldn't premake OPs or anything. In fact I didn't even know this was today ?_?

I am really confused as well. I don't think there were even any sign ups for the brackets to begin with, mighta just been all private/invite only

No it was signup
Moderatorlickypiddy
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
September 21 2013 02:13 GMT
#6
I didn't even know WCS KR Quals were tomorrow until a few seconds ago haha
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
EJK
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
United States1302 Posts
September 21 2013 02:13 GMT
#7
On September 21 2013 11:11 NovemberstOrm wrote:
I had no idea this was today and only found out just after it started.
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2013 11:11 Smurfett3 wrote:
On September 21 2013 11:10 lichter wrote:
I had zero info on this so I couldn't premake OPs or anything. In fact I didn't even know this was today ?_?

I am really confused as well. I don't think there were even any sign ups for the brackets to begin with, mighta just been all private/invite only

No it was signup

where were the signups? And signup info? Can you provide a link?
Sc2 Terran Coach, top 16GM NA - interested in coaching? Message me on teamliquid!
Yhamm
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
France7248 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-21 02:15:27
September 21 2013 02:14 GMT
#8
here was the different news :
http://wcs.battle.net/sc2/en/articles/qualifiers-open-for-wcs-europe-and-america
http://nasl.tv/News/Article/20130914wcs-america-season-3-qualifier-information
http://nasl.tv/News/Article/20130916registration-open-for-wcs-america-season-3-qualifier-1

but nothing at all on TL (except in the topic "This Week in Starcraft 2" done by Juicyjames)
On September 21 2013 11:13 lichter wrote:
I didn't even know WCS KR Quals were tomorrow until a few seconds ago haha

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=428553
LiquipediaWe will have only each other at the last
Yhamm
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
France7248 Posts
September 21 2013 02:18 GMT
#9
Well, it seems Tassadar made it to the top 4 (and so to WCS challenger). Who did he beat? I have no fucking clue cause there is no bracket.
LiquipediaWe will have only each other at the last
Laryleprakon
Profile Joined May 2011
New Zealand9496 Posts
September 21 2013 02:20 GMT
#10
It's pretty sad this sort of thing still happens for season three.
.kv
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2332 Posts
September 21 2013 02:21 GMT
#11
On September 21 2013 11:18 Yhamm wrote:
Well, it seems Tassadar made it to the top 4 (and so to WCS challenger). Who did he beat? I have no fucking clue cause there is no bracket.


he beat aphrodite to get there (that's what they said on mlg stream)

but yeah this is pretty dumb to keep the bracket private still...i didn't even know she participated/got that far
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
September 21 2013 02:21 GMT
#12
I just don't get why we can't see the bracket, the most plausible thing is that they want to cast the replays of some of the games....
Moderatorlickypiddy
JBright
Profile Joined September 2010
Vancouver14381 Posts
September 21 2013 02:26 GMT
#13
On September 21 2013 11:21 NovemberstOrm wrote:
I just don't get why we can't see the bracket, the most plausible thing is that they want to cast the replays of some of the games....


I think they are. Didn't the MLG stream do some other stuff while Axslav play his qualifier games?
ModeratorThe good and the wise lead quiet lives. Neo's #1 Frenemy and nightmare.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-21 02:27:23
September 21 2013 02:26 GMT
#14
On September 21 2013 11:13 lichter wrote:
I didn't even know WCS KR Quals were tomorrow until a few seconds ago haha

Yes I just found this out about 2 hours ago. It seems like the qualifiers were much less advertised than in previous seasons. I also don't understand why the brackets are being hidden in the WCS AM qualifiers. Pretty much means making a thread is useless because you don't know any of the results so I guess there's not really anything you can do for that. I guess for AM they'll just have to rely on the TL News posting of the results like they usually do but if I'm around I can probably host the Code A qualifier thread unless someone else wants to do it
On September 21 2013 11:26 JBright wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2013 11:21 NovemberstOrm wrote:
I just don't get why we can't see the bracket, the most plausible thing is that they want to cast the replays of some of the games....


I think they are. Didn't the MLG stream do some other stuff while Axslav play his qualifier games?

I tuned in briefly and I heard them say something about showing the finals or final rounds or something on Monday I believe
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Erik.TheRed
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1655 Posts
September 21 2013 02:27 GMT
#15
On September 21 2013 11:26 JBright wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2013 11:21 NovemberstOrm wrote:
I just don't get why we can't see the bracket, the most plausible thing is that they want to cast the replays of some of the games....


I think they are. Didn't the MLG stream do some other stuff while Axslav play his qualifier games?


They actually streamed him playing and casting the qualifier games at the same time.
"See you space cowboy"
Yhamm
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
France7248 Posts
September 21 2013 02:29 GMT
#16
I opened a topic for the KR qualifier 2 weeks ago (just to say the dates), no-one cared

anyway, if NASL hides the bracket to cast game later, why don't they say so? why don't they communicate at all?
MLG wanted to do that for 1st season and few days ago they apologized on how it was a really bad idea to hide results to the community. and now NASL would do the exact same thing?
LiquipediaWe will have only each other at the last
Iodem
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1173 Posts
September 21 2013 02:31 GMT
#17
If they're going to save games to cast from replay, why do they announce results for unaired game on stream? :S
If you don't like it, you can quit.
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-21 02:34:57
September 21 2013 02:33 GMT
#18
On September 21 2013 11:31 Iodem wrote:
If they're going to save games to cast from replay, why do they announce results for unaired game on stream? :S

That's on the MLG stream not from NASL. No idea what's going on there.
Moderatorlickypiddy
geokilla
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada8255 Posts
September 21 2013 02:35 GMT
#19
On September 21 2013 11:26 JBright wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2013 11:21 NovemberstOrm wrote:
I just don't get why we can't see the bracket, the most plausible thing is that they want to cast the replays of some of the games....


I think they are. Didn't the MLG stream do some other stuff while Axslav play his qualifier games?

MLG stream was casting others play while Axslav waited.
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-21 02:54:51
September 21 2013 02:42 GMT
#20
desrow 1 game away

AND HE DID ITTTT
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 657
IntoTheiNu 601
SteadfastSC463
Rex91
CosmosSc2 60
EnkiAlexander 52
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 463
UpATreeSC 114
Rex 93
CosmosSc2 63
BRAT_OK 56
MindelVK 13
Codebar 12
JuggernautJason8
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40638
Jaedong 1442
Soma 760
Hyuk 750
Mini 485
BeSt 445
Larva 353
Rush 291
Soulkey 252
ZerO 238
[ Show more ]
Snow 166
hero 112
Dewaltoss 86
Liquid`Ret 61
Mind 41
sorry 28
yabsab 27
Killer 25
ToSsGirL 24
Shine 19
Terrorterran 15
Trap 15
Dota 2
qojqva1227
Dendi808
Counter-Strike
Fnx 742
fl0m543
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King69
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3621
crisheroes2301
Khaldor1960
Liquid`Hasu500
Other Games
ArmadaUGS1724
byalli465
B2W.Neo440
ceh9386
KnowMe120
QueenE97
Trikslyr42
Chillindude39
Railgan22
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream100
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 55
• Adnapsc2 6
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• FirePhoenix12
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3609
League of Legends
• TFBlade945
Other Games
• imaqtpie837
• Shiphtur323
• WagamamaTV246
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 24m
OSC
19h 24m
Stellar Fest
19h 24m
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 19h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.