- the replays and build orders between Life and SjoW from DH Summer 2013?
- Average win rate in ZvP on Star Station?
- whether HyuN really makes that many Roaches in ZvT?
The Spawning Tool is a handy way to aggregate data from tons of replays and generate statistics to learn about the game. You can:
- Upload personal and tournament replays
- View build orders for each player
- Browse replays by build order, event, map, matchup, player, game length, and more
- Look at statistics about win rates, unit counts, abilities cast
So whether you're a casual viewer who wants to know more about their favorite players, a player who wants to copy professional build orders, a professional player who wants to analyze their own and others' play style, a caster who wants to mix statistics into their casts, or any other StarCraft community member, Spawning Tool may be helpful for you!
Broadly, the goal of Spawning Tool is to make quantitative thinking pervasive in the StarCraft community. Like sabermetrics in baseball, statistics and concrete analysis gives all of us another way to understand the game. Spawning Tool aggregates all of these replays and presents summary data about the games to make us think differently. For more thoughts, read here and here.
If you're interested, there are lots of ways to contribute.
- Play around with the site and share any interesting statistics you come up with
- Tag replays with build orders (let me know, and I can give you permission
- Send me feedback on bugs or features or ideas you would like to see
- If you're handy with design, coding, or statistics, I could use collaborators
SCREENSHOTS (Sorry they're big for the screen)
+ Show Spoiler +
+ Show Spoiler +
Spawning Tool home page