• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:45
CEST 07:45
KST 14:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War595.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6954 users

Smix Cover - "Got Lucky" (SC2 Parody - Hatorade)

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Smix *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States4549 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-27 18:01:04
August 27 2013 18:00 GMT
#1
I recently discovered this parody by Hatorade - CLICK ME and I thought Hatorade did an amazing job and wanted to do a cover of it haha.

So without further ado here's the cover! I'm no professional per usual and the mixing is pretty atrocious so any experienced mixers will probably cringe but OHWELLZ SC2 PARODY SONGS YAY YAY AYYYAYAYFAYA!!RIGHT??KFDSJF;

--> GOT LUCKY SMIX COVER <--

No youtube video because ... I don't know how to make fancy videos and that feels wrong anyway since Hatorade already made a video for it!!! If someone else wants to put one up feel free - just credit me plz.

Here is his original post with the lyrics and his video and everything

On May 28 2013 11:57 Hatorade wrote:


I love Daft Punk and SC2 so I figured I'd make a parody. I recorded it on a headset mic and I'm no Pharell but I hope you guys enjoy it .

Lyrics
+ Show Spoiler +
A hallucinated phoenix
We'll scout at the beggining
Not sure if I'm allinning
But I've gotta hit my timing

We're so behind
So we made a dark shrine
and now we will dine
In his mineral line

No turrets up at the front
he drops a mule and he's done
he thinks we're playing for fun
we made dts and got lucky

This terran has no mining
He's lifted all his buildings
Not sure if he's gg-ing
But if he wants to leave I'm wit it

We're so behind
So we made a dark shrine
and now we will dine
In his mineral line

No turrets up at the front
He drops a mule and he's done
He thinks we're playing for fun
We made dts and got lucky


Thanks for Watching!

TranslatorBe an Optimist Prime, Not a Negatron // twitter @smixity
Railgan
Profile Joined August 2010
Switzerland1509 Posts
August 27 2013 18:03 GMT
#2
Lol what a song and what a singer
Grandmaster Zerg from Switzerland!!! www.twitch.tv/railgan // www.twitter.com/railgansc // www.youtube.com/c/railgansc
bogderpirat
Profile Joined April 2011
Jordan66 Posts
August 27 2013 18:06 GMT
#3
this is fairly listentoable
if khaldor had boobs, i'd hit him
ptbl
Profile Joined January 2011
United States6074 Posts
August 27 2013 18:06 GMT
#4
Fuck, it's so good!
Don't mind me
Jacmert
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Canada1709 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-27 18:07:38
August 27 2013 18:07 GMT
#5
So... would it be ok if I did a parody/cover of your cover of Hatorade's parody of Daft Punk's "Got Lucky"? lolz
Plat Support Main #believe
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-27 18:11:18
August 27 2013 18:08 GMT
#6
Wow that's pretty sick ! Didn't catch Hatorade cover either.

Both of you are awesome !


I'm no professional per usual and the mixing is pretty atrocious


I'm by no mean a professional either, but I found it pretty good and not at all "atrocious" though I have a bit trained ears. I think it'd actually take a professional to really notice.
LiquipediaWanderer
8mmspikes
Profile Joined January 2012
United States1704 Posts
August 27 2013 18:09 GMT
#7
Thumbs up
Suppy fan | ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ WELL MET ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ | http://www.twitter.com/8mmspikes
thebike
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States157 Posts
August 27 2013 18:13 GMT
#8
Awesome!
the bike AKA the REGULAR TRAIN
Melter
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Bulgaria67 Posts
August 27 2013 18:20 GMT
#9
i found it quite enjoyable
Erik.TheRed
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1655 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-27 18:22:10
August 27 2013 18:21 GMT
#10
really good job, I dig it
"See you space cowboy"
Jacmert
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Canada1709 Posts
August 27 2013 18:23 GMT
#11
I need a VOD of HuK going Dark Shrine on stream while behind and then ALT+tabbing to start up this song
Plat Support Main #believe
TXRaunchy
Profile Joined June 2013
United States131 Posts
August 27 2013 18:32 GMT
#12
Stick to translating.
Chillax
Profile Joined March 2011
England585 Posts
August 27 2013 18:41 GMT
#13
This deserves a proper professional recording and mix.
archonOOid
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
1983 Posts
August 27 2013 18:45 GMT
#14
AMA? zing!
I'm Quotable (IQ)
Sub40APM
Profile Joined August 2010
6336 Posts
August 27 2013 18:48 GMT
#15
do you do requests for other covers or just sc2 related items?
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
August 27 2013 19:13 GMT
#16
Damnit Smix, you made me fall more in love with you Great song!
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
Enki
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2548 Posts
August 27 2013 19:30 GMT
#17
I rather liked it, nice cover Smix
"Practice, practice, practice. And when you're not practicing you should be practicing. It's the only way to get better. The only way." I run the Smix Fanclub!
CatNzHat
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1599 Posts
August 27 2013 19:36 GMT
#18
Fuck yea, Smix covers are the boss! I listened to your Call Me Maybe parody on repeat for a full week of starcraft (probably 200 times back to back). Looks like I'll be doing something similar with this.
IeZaeL
Profile Joined July 2012
Italy991 Posts
August 27 2013 19:50 GMT
#19
Very cool !
Author of Coda and Eastwatch.
Wintex
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Norway16849 Posts
August 27 2013 19:52 GMT
#20
Sick lyrics! Thanks to Hatorade for a great parody.

Nice cover smix!
The Bomber boy
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4483
Leta 1788
Bale 49
Shine 43
ZergMaN 19
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm241
League of Legends
JimRising 629
Other Games
summit1g7628
WinterStarcraft598
Sick146
Mew2King32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick475
BasetradeTV200
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1418
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2145
League of Legends
• Lourlo1085
• Rush661
Other Games
• Shiphtur477
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 15m
Patches Events
9h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 15m
OSC
17h 15m
OSC
1d 6h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.