• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:54
CEST 21:54
KST 04:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8578 users

Battle.Net Desktop Client - open for all! - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
figq
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
12519 Posts
August 13 2013 17:33 GMT
#101
On August 14 2013 02:00 Daumen wrote:
No News ... just a post on TL with links...

ppl saying its linked in www.battle.net and it turns out its NOT until you download the .exe file and fill in your account information ...

... sounds legit ...

I actually want to believe but this is so weird right now °_°
It is legit, but it's also not officially out yet. Blizzard has done this before. Their stuff is on the site, though not announced. From the comments it seems they are still testing it and to announce it in a month or two. Since I don't really need this all that much, I'll just wait for official release. If I needed it, I'd grab it right now, because it's certainly legit.
If you stand next to my head, you can hear the ocean. - Day[9]
Daumen
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany1073 Posts
August 13 2013 17:50 GMT
#102
On August 14 2013 02:33 figq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 14 2013 02:00 Daumen wrote:
No News ... just a post on TL with links...

ppl saying its linked in www.battle.net and it turns out its NOT until you download the .exe file and fill in your account information ...

... sounds legit ...

I actually want to believe but this is so weird right now °_°
It is legit, but it's also not officially out yet. Blizzard has done this before. Their stuff is on the site, though not announced. From the comments it seems they are still testing it and to announce it in a month or two. Since I don't really need this all that much, I'll just wait for official release. If I needed it, I'd grab it right now, because it's certainly legit.


but why not make at least a twitter post about it? this way it will get credibillity °_°

I believe you guys that its legit but the way its presented is the same as a scam.
President of the ReaL Fan Club.
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
August 13 2013 18:03 GMT
#103
On August 14 2013 02:50 Daumen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 14 2013 02:33 figq wrote:
On August 14 2013 02:00 Daumen wrote:
No News ... just a post on TL with links...

ppl saying its linked in www.battle.net and it turns out its NOT until you download the .exe file and fill in your account information ...

... sounds legit ...

I actually want to believe but this is so weird right now °_°
It is legit, but it's also not officially out yet. Blizzard has done this before. Their stuff is on the site, though not announced. From the comments it seems they are still testing it and to announce it in a month or two. Since I don't really need this all that much, I'll just wait for official release. If I needed it, I'd grab it right now, because it's certainly legit.


but why not make at least a twitter post about it? this way it will get credibillity °_°

I believe you guys that its legit but the way its presented is the same as a scam.


It's hosted on dist.blizzard.com.

Unless Blizzard sold "Blizzard.com" recently, then it's legit.
Cereal
messioso
Profile Joined June 2011
Denmark635 Posts
August 13 2013 18:11 GMT
#104
I never install WoW, I simply move the files from HDD to HDD whenever I reformat, so there is nothing in the registry.

This tool still found the game and lets me launch, excellent.
Former ESL League Operations. I ran IEM/WCS for like 3 years or something. I did map vetos on a tablet. That guy.
iSEV
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden47 Posts
August 13 2013 18:53 GMT
#105
Still pretty sad they haven't implemented the chat yet, It's my only reason for using the thing at all.
Disappointment is the gap that exists between expectation and reality
Chemist
Profile Joined November 2011
Austria127 Posts
August 13 2013 19:07 GMT
#106
On August 14 2013 03:11 messioso wrote:
I never install WoW, I simply move the files from HDD to HDD whenever I reformat, so there is nothing in the registry.

This tool still found the game and lets me launch, excellent.


Well i guess if you do an update it updates the registry?
Serek
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom459 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-13 20:50:33
August 13 2013 20:49 GMT
#107
So far so good. Looking forward to having chat implemented, hopefully before Hearthstone comes out.

EDIT: Also just noticed the quick region switch dropdown. That's pretty awesome too.
cels
Profile Joined August 2013
4 Posts
August 13 2013 23:26 GMT
#108
is there a way to change the orders of the icons in the games? right now i have WoW, D3, then SC2 when i want the reverse order since WoW isn't even installed.
RayBeans
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany331 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-14 11:19:50
August 14 2013 11:19 GMT
#109
On August 14 2013 08:26 cels wrote:
is there a way to change the orders of the icons in the games? right now i have WoW, D3, then SC2 when i want the reverse order since WoW isn't even installed.


the order of the icons represents the games rank of importance (for blizzard), there is no way you can change that

no j/k, there seems to be now way to change the order. I would also like the option to hide games i don't own/haven't installed.

And another question: What are bnet toasts?
eSports with friends & HSV esports e.V. - Hamburg!
namste
Profile Joined October 2010
Finland2292 Posts
August 14 2013 11:45 GMT
#110
I wish Blizzard would use the full potential a thing like this could offer. Think about it, bring the guild chat from Wow to this thing, or have SC2 group chats available with this client. Heck, you could even have it work as a launcher for SC2 games, you could challenge your friends or random people in chat to a game in SC. How cool would that be! It'd bring a whole new social aspect to the game, and you wouldn't have to be sitting in the cold and empty SC2 menus.
IM hwaitiing ~ IMMvp #1 | Bang Min Ah <3<3
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
August 14 2013 11:51 GMT
#111
Existor is awesome
Great threads all the time with all the information you ever need from the OP
Keep up the good posting
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
Deleted User 137586
Profile Joined January 2011
7859 Posts
August 14 2013 12:24 GMT
#112
Hmm, it started reconfiguring game files and then said it cannot continue because I don't have 19.4GB of free space (my SSD has 15GB free atm).
Cry 'havoc' and let slip the dogs of war
juicyjames *
Profile Joined August 2011
United States3815 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-14 19:43:33
August 14 2013 17:30 GMT
#113
http://us.battle.net//sc2/en/blog/10619040
http://eu.battle.net//sc2/en/blog/10619042

Launcher Update: Get the Desktop App for Battle.net® Now
This Week in SC2Find out what happened 'This Week in Starcraft 2': http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=278126
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
August 14 2013 20:04 GMT
#114
On August 15 2013 02:30 juicyjames wrote:
http://us.battle.net//sc2/en/blog/10619040
http://eu.battle.net//sc2/en/blog/10619042

Launcher Update: Get the Desktop App for Battle.net® Now

Thanks. Updated 1st post
Avs
Profile Joined November 2010
Korea (North)857 Posts
August 14 2013 20:17 GMT
#115
On August 14 2013 02:50 Daumen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 14 2013 02:33 figq wrote:
On August 14 2013 02:00 Daumen wrote:
No News ... just a post on TL with links...

ppl saying its linked in www.battle.net and it turns out its NOT until you download the .exe file and fill in your account information ...

... sounds legit ...

I actually want to believe but this is so weird right now °_°
It is legit, but it's also not officially out yet. Blizzard has done this before. Their stuff is on the site, though not announced. From the comments it seems they are still testing it and to announce it in a month or two. Since I don't really need this all that much, I'll just wait for official release. If I needed it, I'd grab it right now, because it's certainly legit.


but why not make at least a twitter post about it? this way it will get credibillity °_°

I believe you guys that its legit but the way its presented is the same as a scam.


Lol twitter posts = credibility. Maybe governments should use twitter to address countries.
wUndertUnge
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1126 Posts
August 14 2013 20:22 GMT
#116
hm...I have it. It doesn't really help my usability or accessability. Then again, I've been out of the game for the last couple of months. I just don't see how this adds value to my gameplay...
Clan: QQGC - wundertunge#1850
TL+ Member
PeterDLai
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States924 Posts
August 14 2013 22:19 GMT
#117
I had problems connecting to the new beta client until I flushed my DNS cache (instructions).
JustJonny
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada294 Posts
August 22 2013 16:56 GMT
#118
On August 14 2013 01:52 TXRaunchy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 14 2013 00:17 Spektor wrote:
Does anyone know how the authenticator works with this?


When you log in, it will ask you for your authenticator, after that, everytime you open up this application you are good to go and you dont need to log in again. Press "Play game" and you'll be in whatever game you want to be.


when i initially downloaded the client and logged in i was prompted for the authenticator code. that was like a week ago and i haven't been prompted for a code since (by the client or the individual games). is this normal? my account is setup to "Enter an authenticator code every time I type my credentials in a game client or the Battle.net desktop app". I've rebooted my PC several times and haven't been prompted for the authenticator code since the initial login.
Striker.superfreunde
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany1120 Posts
April 22 2014 12:57 GMT
#119
Is the login bugging or is it just me?
'Your ak is pretty... uhm... dank!'
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
April 22 2014 13:34 GMT
#120
On April 22 2014 21:57 Striker.superfreunde wrote:
Is the login bugging or is it just me?

Why you're necroing this thread? Can't you ask your issue at Blizzard tickets or blizzard forums?
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM988
TaKeTV 333
TKL 295
IndyStarCraft 204
BRAT_OK 100
ZombieGrub99
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 988
TKL 295
IndyStarCraft 204
MaxPax 166
BRAT_OK 100
ZombieGrub99
JuggernautJason50
Nathanias 33
EmSc Tv 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 625
ggaemo 166
White-Ra 149
firebathero 81
Barracks 75
910 47
Shine 45
Killer 26
Trap 22
yabsab 7
Counter-Strike
Fnx 762
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0164
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9038
Liquid`Hasu1973
crisheroes1779
Trikslyr70
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi5220
summit1g4722
singsing1318
Beastyqt819
shahzam447
B2W.Neo339
ArmadaUGS123
KnowMe123
UpATreeSC68
Pyrionflax36
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream429
Other Games
BasetradeTV194
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 16
EmSc2Tv 16
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 181
• Reevou 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 19
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade858
Other Games
• imaqtpie543
• Shiphtur348
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 6m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 6m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.