• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:35
CEST 01:35
KST 08:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War685.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13082 users

Idra/Khaldor the best casting duo thus far - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21 22 Next All
Ichabod
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1659 Posts
August 04 2013 04:40 GMT
#61
I wouldn't say best, but they certainly kept me watching. Idra did well for his first official live event as a caster. I hope he doesn't let all the fanboyism go to his head, there's always room for improvement

A times the finals were not as exciting as some of the other games, but I don't think that was really the fault of the casters.
Gr33n
Profile Blog Joined July 2013
Bahamas113 Posts
August 04 2013 04:44 GMT
#62
On August 04 2013 13:32 Vindicare605 wrote:
I wasn't a huge fan of the duo to be honest.

Idra I think needs to get more comfortable with the ebb and flow of a game I felt like he stumbled over himself a lot which I think is something he'll get better at as he does more gigs like this. On the plus side though, his analysis of builds and timings was very sharp.

I felt Khaldor at times could also be a little dominating in the casts mostly because he could so easily talk over Idra. A few times I heard him cut Greg off mid sentence while he was analyzing something which is something he tends to do with Wolf except Wolf just keeps talking anyway I guess because he's comfortable with the interjections. That kind of thing gets fixed through increased experience with your co-caster.

I wouldn't even be commenting at all if they weren't receiving such an unusual amount of praise both here and on Reddit. I just don't see it warranted but that's just me. They weren't bad but they didn't strike me as the holy grail of casting duos either.


its a step in the right direction where as tasteless wolf and others are imo steps in the wrong direction. we need professionals not children.
BoZiffer
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1841 Posts
August 04 2013 04:47 GMT
#63
I like Idra casting. But not prepared to call him + anybody the best. For me, ToD plus anybody is must watch. Idra + anybody is rapidly joining that class.
Hryul
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Austria2609 Posts
August 04 2013 04:49 GMT
#64
I was never a fan of Idra as a player because I felt he wasn't mentally stable enough. But his long gaming career def. pays off as a caster. His analysis was sharp and clear. Together with Khaldor, who is very passionate about the game (like casting on his free day!) they make a great duo.
Really hoping to see more of them.
Countdown to victory: 1 200!
Rhaegal
Profile Blog Joined July 2013
United States678 Posts
August 04 2013 04:53 GMT
#65
I agree. Idra is so good. He's knowledgeable, level headed, and doesn't mindlessly yell trying to convince the viewers to get "hype" like so many other casters do. Khaldor is funny, and makes jokes a lot of other casters are too timid to make, and he also has a pleasant voice.


Also, they aren't afraid to point out when a player is doing something wrong.

Asus Rog was awesome!
http://www.twitch.tv/agonysc
edgeOut
Profile Joined February 2013
United States945 Posts
August 04 2013 04:56 GMT
#66
With Idra there, replacing Khaldor with anybody else would be better.
Fuck you Zealously! For the fuck you give to those players.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
August 04 2013 04:57 GMT
#67
On August 04 2013 13:44 Gr33n wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2013 13:32 Vindicare605 wrote:
I wasn't a huge fan of the duo to be honest.

Idra I think needs to get more comfortable with the ebb and flow of a game I felt like he stumbled over himself a lot which I think is something he'll get better at as he does more gigs like this. On the plus side though, his analysis of builds and timings was very sharp.

I felt Khaldor at times could also be a little dominating in the casts mostly because he could so easily talk over Idra. A few times I heard him cut Greg off mid sentence while he was analyzing something which is something he tends to do with Wolf except Wolf just keeps talking anyway I guess because he's comfortable with the interjections. That kind of thing gets fixed through increased experience with your co-caster.

I wouldn't even be commenting at all if they weren't receiving such an unusual amount of praise both here and on Reddit. I just don't see it warranted but that's just me. They weren't bad but they didn't strike me as the holy grail of casting duos either.


its a step in the right direction where as tasteless wolf and others are imo steps in the wrong direction. we need professionals not children.

Khaldor talking over someone is a step in the right direction, and thats professional?
Chinnro
Profile Joined February 2013
Australia47 Posts
August 04 2013 04:58 GMT
#68
I completely agree....Greg is measured and analytical, Thomas is the hype and the action! Awesome duo....pity no one was watching....

MVP | Bomber | Flash | MC
Mutaller
Profile Blog Joined July 2013
United States1051 Posts
August 04 2013 05:01 GMT
#69
[image loading]
Khaldor's accent is brilliant then idra's knowledge trumps over all other casters.
Analytical and Hype put together with huge personalities.
"To practice isn't for you to get better now in the present. Practice will never betray you and will always come back for you in the future." -Jaedong
GiveMeCake
Profile Joined October 2010
148 Posts
August 04 2013 05:02 GMT
#70
Tastosis is the best still in my option, but they are no longer as tight as they used to be, which brings in the ability for another duo to really bring excitement back into SC2. What makes Tastosis better than anyone else is their friendship and chemistry. To be the best duo, both people need to respect each other equally and not want to talk over each other, which is what we were seeing from Khaldra. Also, a good mix between nerdy, and funny/charming is really important. Lately I've noticed Artosis appears to give the analytical conclusions of the match that tasteless wants to point out, and when Tasteless has his turn, he ends up repeating most of what Artosis has said using different or simplified words. In turn, this makes Tasteless possibly feel like he needs to give the break down first to seem validated in his abilities. Tasteless is a cool nerd and Artosis is so multifaceted and knowledgeable that he's able to provide a different insight after the fact which is great. I think if they kept that format, Tasteless going first, and Artosis second, their casts would be a bit more smoother than they are now. Hopefully we will see more casting duos emerge, as I feel there's a lot of room for improvement in the scene overall.
I had a dream I moved to Korea to become a GSL champion. I slept in PC bangs and practiced only vs the PC. I named my self Death and faced Life in the finals. I beat him, but ended up dying as I killed his last building.
AxionSteel
Profile Joined January 2011
United States7754 Posts
August 04 2013 05:12 GMT
#71
I thought it might work well and it was certainly good and I enjoyed it quite a lot. I still prefer Wolfdor, because I am a long time fan of those two together, their excitement always captures my attention.
I watched Whiplash and Chobra over Tastosis for the OSL Semi, that's where Tastosis rate on my watch-o-meter these days, although Chobra and Whiplash seem to be pretty good. Apollo and anyone is fine with me also!!

MrRicewife
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada515 Posts
August 04 2013 05:20 GMT
#72
Khaldor/anyone is best really. That guy is great.
So? My dad can beat up your dad. - Jesus
igay
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Australia1178 Posts
August 04 2013 05:21 GMT
#73
next best thing to the casting arcon for me!
MVP <3 MKP <3 DRG <3
faderedguy
Profile Joined June 2013
Indonesia58 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-04 05:27:26
August 04 2013 05:21 GMT
#74
idra's casting is surprisingly good but he still needs to improve.
Just more expression wouldn't hurt :D
work hard to achieve victory, don't whine your way into it
MaxField
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2386 Posts
August 04 2013 05:23 GMT
#75
I can't say best because I do love some other peoples, but I was way impressed by how fun it was watching their games. I'd vote for them to do more!
"Zerg, so bad it loses to hydras" IdrA.
acrimoneyius
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States983 Posts
August 04 2013 05:24 GMT
#76
While I found Idra/Khaldor quite enjoyable, there are plenty of excellent casters and casting teams out there.

Also lol @ this is what SC2 needs the most. This is pretty far down on the list of what SC2 needs.
TyrantPotato
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia1541 Posts
August 04 2013 05:24 GMT
#77
Good. Yes

Enjoyable. Yes

Best. No
Forever ZeNEX.
ElhayM
Profile Joined February 2013
Canada134 Posts
August 04 2013 05:26 GMT
#78
It definitely was a good mix. I hope to see them sometime in the future again ^^
Team Captain Flipsid3 Tactics | @F3ElhayM
xAdra
Profile Joined July 2012
Singapore1858 Posts
August 04 2013 05:28 GMT
#79
Khaldor seems to be way better when paired with Idra than when paired with Wolf. Much more mature and steady than the bad jokes when he's with wolf. However, whoever said that when he tries to make things exciting he sounds retarded: no other caster makes my heart beat as fast as Khaldor's exclaiming.

I'm also rapidly regaining faith in Idra for his excellent casting.
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
August 04 2013 05:28 GMT
#80
IdrA has a bad tendency to start calling things he doesn't understand "terrible" or imply that the player is losing because of this thing he doesn't comprehend.

I think that's the only real issue I had this weekend with Khaldor and IdrA. They don't have the best chemistry together, and sometimes IdrA can get a little awkward, but that will just come with more experience.
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
The QMC Showmatch 1
CranKy Ducklings56
OSC
08:00
Masters Cup #151: Group A
davetesta13
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O124
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 9414
Artosis 651
ZZZero.O 124
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm226
League of Legends
Doublelift6008
JimRising 382
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe41
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4084
Other Games
FrodaN2241
Liquid`RaSZi1888
Livibee411
C9.Mang0388
Maynarde159
Mew2King44
ArmadaUGS24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1175
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 122
• musti20045 35
• Sammyuel 30
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1512
• Scarra1312
• Shiphtur628
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 26m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.