• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:12
CEST 19:12
KST 02:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8642 users

[Interview] AA vs ST 2013 GSTL S1 Group Stage

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-21 22:04:11
June 21 2013 20:44 GMT
#1
[image loading]


WCS Interviews for this Week:

    (Clicking on the link will take you to that interview)
  • 2013 WCS Korea Season 2 Premier League Ro32 Group A and B Winners' Interview
  • 2013 WCS Korea Season 2 Premier League Ro32 Group C and D Winners' Interview
  • 2013 GSTL Season 1 Pennant Race Week 12 Match 1 AxiomAcer vs StarTale Winner Interview
  • 2013 GSTL Season 1 Pennant Race Week 12 Match 2 AZUBU vs FXO Winner's Interview



(T)AxiomAcer Ryung

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You secured both your team’s victory and an all-kill today.

I am glad that I secured my first ever all-kill. I am even more glad because this was an unexpected one.

Around when did you expect an all-kill to occur?

I wanted to grab about 3 kills for today’s match. But then I got timid when I found out who my first opponent was going to be. I told myself that the atmosphere would be really good if I could just secure the first kill, but then somehow I pulled off an all-kill. I really had no idea I was going to secure an all-kill until the end.

How did you prepare for your starter match vs Life?

Life is a really strong opponent and I wasn’t feeling confident in my TvZ so I knew that I was going to have to take a risk. Rather than practice for macro games, I told myself to hit Life from multiple places.

Which is why you showed an scv related all in? It seemed like you were trying to end it right then and there.

I wanted to either win it right then and there or get my attack blocked only after I’ve done near game-ending damage. But then Life blocked it with much more ease than I expected. I started praying right then and there (laughs).

Did you use that strategy because the nowadays Zerg trend is muta/ling/bling?

I did that strategy because I was responding to the muta/ling/bling timing attacks and because I wanted to hit a timing attack that was unique to most Terrans just going for macro games after going for helbats. But then there were a little too many units than I had anticipated so it wasn’t easy.

For game two, you decided to go for a proxy fac, widowmine strategy vs the rookie, Panic. Were you trying to expose the newcomer?

Excluding four players maps like Whirlwind, I had already decided to go for that specific strategy vs any Protoss player. I was certain that Panic had a prepared strategy for me because he chose Icarus, so I decided to respond by doing one myself.

You took on Curious for game three with marines and widowmines.

After I allowed him to scout me with speed up overlords, (의기초심 해졌다)? I had almost given up but as I kept on playing, my hands got cold. And my opponent wasn’t able to block the drop that I sent to the 3’o clock location. I think I was able to win because of that.

You went for mech play in game four but it seemed like you hadn’t really planned for it.

I used the same strategy yesterday when I was practicing with MMA hyung. MMA hyung said the exact same thing you just said to me. But this is a mech play that I’ve put my soul into. I think I did the same thing for today. I think my opponent also probably thought the same thing.

With today’s victory, you have the most wins.

I thought there was a most wins achievement at first. When I found out that such a thing didn’t exist, I lost all motiviation. Right now, I’m not really putting a lot priority into getting most wins. If such a thing does come to life, I hope I get notified quickly.

Your next opponent will be currently ranked last NSH.

I know that NSH doesn’t have a good score right now, but that’s the kind of situation where there is a high chance of a counter occurring. So I’m not dropping my guard. I am going to approach our final match with the mindset that this match is our most important one. The final remaining match is the most important one.

Anything else you would like to say?

I hadn't put makeup on in a while and I also bought and wore new pants so I told myself that I needed to do well. I’m glad that I was able to do just that. I want to do even better now that we’ve secured our spot for the playoffs. I want to thank John Bain, Genna Bain, Mike Lamond, and manager Olivia. Lastly, I want to thank our sponsors Cyncial Brit, SC2links.com, Sony Online Entertainment, and Planetside 2.



Methods to locating SC2 interviews!

  • Go to the TL.net search bar and type in [Interview] and then search. You will find the most recent interviews at the top
  • Go to the SC2 Interviews/Translation Archive
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that player and look at the section titled "Interviews" http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/PartinG#Interviews
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that specific tournament and find this icon: [image loading] If you click on that icon, it will take you to the interview for that group's match winners
+
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
-niL
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada1131 Posts
June 21 2013 20:47 GMT
#2
Ryung is so gosu
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
June 21 2013 20:53 GMT
#3
buta/ling/bling #1 strat
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
crashonly
Profile Joined June 2010
Finland418 Posts
June 21 2013 21:37 GMT
#4
Woohoo a new interview ^^

They should keep buying Ryung new pants if it makes him do so well.
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
June 21 2013 21:49 GMT
#5
Congrats Ryung and Axiom, certainly didn't expect this.
Life really not doing so hot lately, when is school off for him again?
Thanks for translation Seeker!
Get off my lawn, young punks
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
June 21 2013 21:51 GMT
#6
Congrats Ryung on the first GSTL all kill!
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
June 21 2013 21:58 GMT
#7
I haven’t put makeup on in a while and I also bought and wore new pants so I told myself that I needed to do well.
- Axiom.RyunG - 2013
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
June 21 2013 22:01 GMT
#8
Thanks Seeker!
Moderatorlickypiddy
BlueBoxSC
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States582 Posts
June 21 2013 22:01 GMT
#9
And apparently the first time Startale has ever been all-killed in GSTL.

Very impressive showing from Ryung. Axiom must be doing something right. :D
BwCBlueBox.837
nickbalev
Profile Joined March 2011
Bulgaria241 Posts
June 21 2013 22:03 GMT
#10
"I haven’t put makeup on in a while and I also bought and wore new pants so I told myself that I needed to do well. I’m glad that I was able to do just that." What what pants i get it but the makeup?? :/ Does he means the paint pictures
noipe
Fuell
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands3111 Posts
June 21 2013 22:05 GMT
#11
Ryung, what a boss! Great result for Axiom!
fOu/Zenith/NEX/WeRRa/SlayerS
ValM
Profile Joined May 2010
India408 Posts
June 21 2013 22:06 GMT
#12
Just love the bro love between MMA and Ryung :''D My two favorite terrans from the old guard. The Wayward Sons Ftw :D
The Terran Prince is now the king. Maru | MMA | Mvp forever
Angelavenger
Profile Joined March 2012
United States59 Posts
June 21 2013 22:07 GMT
#13
<3 Ryung! Go Axiom!
Paljas
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6926 Posts
June 21 2013 22:44 GMT
#14
thanks for the interview
TL+ Member
Evil_Sheep
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada902 Posts
June 21 2013 23:03 GMT
#15
On June 22 2013 05:44 Seeker wrote:
Anything else you would like to say?

I haven’t put makeup on in a while and I also bought and wore new pants so I told myself that I needed to do well.

I haven't put makeup on in a while either but whatever he's doing, it seems to be working.
EnumaAvalon
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Philippines3613 Posts
June 22 2013 12:41 GMT
#16
Thanks Seeker! Whoa Ryung!
(._.) ( l: ) ( .-. ) ( :l ) (._.) They see me rolling. They hating.
Lazzi
Profile Joined June 2011
Switzerland1923 Posts
June 22 2013 12:53 GMT
#17
The cosmetic terran!
It's good to be back
smashlloyd20
Profile Joined October 2012
251 Posts
June 22 2013 13:18 GMT
#18
Shoutouts to new pants :D
Daswollvieh
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
5553 Posts
June 22 2013 13:40 GMT
#19
The Ryung MMA rivalry is still going strong. Such an adorable team, I wish they would merge.
FuRong
Profile Joined April 2010
New Zealand3089 Posts
June 22 2013 14:13 GMT
#20
Been playing too much poker, I saw the title "AA vs..." and assumed the thread would be a bad beat story.

Ryung is a beast in GSTL.
Don't hate the player, hate the game
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem462
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 462
IndyStarCraft 202
Railgan 68
BRAT_OK 57
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21853
BeSt 451
Larva 420
Mind 184
Soma 156
Dewaltoss 100
hero 65
Zeus 54
Sea.KH 54
Last 44
[ Show more ]
Hyun 44
Killer 40
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 25
NaDa 21
Rock 19
PianO 19
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5159
qojqva3029
Dendi1217
420jenkins392
Counter-Strike
fl0m4681
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4213
Khaldor1322
Liquid`Hasu1089
MindelVK11
Other Games
FrodaN2223
byalli908
B2W.Neo767
ArmadaUGS179
Hui .175
KnowMe137
QueenE86
Mew2King59
CosmosSc2 27
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1157
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 24
• Reevou 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• Hinosc 0
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 48
• FirePhoenix2
• niya90s1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3893
League of Legends
• Nemesis2500
Other Games
• Shiphtur286
• WagamamaTV237
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 49m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 49m
Replay Cast
5h 49m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 49m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
17h 49m
Monday Night Weeklies
22h 49m
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 17h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.