SPL Interviews for this Week:
- (Clicking on the link will take you to that interview)
- 2012-2013 SPL Season 1 Round 6 8th Team vs Woongjin Stars Interview
- 2012-2013 SPL Season 1 Round 6 CJ Entus vs EG-TL Interview
- 2012-2013 SPL Season 1 Round 6 Samsung KHAN vs 8th Team Winner Interview
- 2012-2013 SPL Season 1 Round 6 SK Telecom T1 vs KT Rolster Winner Interview
- 2012-2013 SPL Season 1 Round 6 Samsung KHAN vs STX SouL Winner Interview
SK Telecom T1 FanTaSy
Source: Daily eSports
It’s been a while since you grabbed a victory. How do you feel?
My pace has not been good these days so I am glad that I was able to win. I also think my happiness multiplied because I beat a strong opponent like Flash.
You must have been concerned about the fact that your opponent was Flash.
Flash is really good at TvT so I told myself that playing regularly would be too difficult. So I decided to play a responsive style to what Flash would be doing so I practiced really hard with my teammates so I could experiment on a lot of things. I had yet to beat Flash this year so I think I’m going to able to approach all my games with confidence from here on out since I finally beat him for the first time.
How did you prepare your responsive strategy for Flash?
I knew that there was this one build order that Flash liked to use frequently. But he played a little differently today. It wasn’t what I expected but I was able to respond properly cause I was familiar with Flash.
Did you come out with a widowmines strategy just for Flash?
I’m sure everyone is thinking that I came with a widowmine strategy just for Flash but that’s not true (laughs). I’ve always thought that widowmines are good against battlecruisers so once I saw Flash go for bcs I just decided to respond with widowmines.
It must be risky to use widowmines against battlecruisers.
The way I see it, I just don’t think anyone else really realizes how to use this strat (laughs). There really isn’t that much of a risk (laughs). After that, I’m pretty sure that a lot of players will start doing this to respond against players who go for quick bcs.
As of late, you haven’t been in your best form.
I don’t really mind losing here and there for televised matches but I started losing a lot of confidence because I lost during practice as well. These days, I not only go through up and downs for the feel of the game but also for my skills for the game. I’ve been going through a rather difficult time as of late so I want to keep riding this momentum since I took down a strong opponent today.
You were placed into the group of death for WCS Ro32 OSL.
I’ve been really lucky with group placements up until now, but I got placed into the group of death right from the Ro32 so I got flustered when I found out. But it is a group that’s going to get a lot of attention right? So I am going to have to work harder. I think the bo1 format actually helps me out. I have to play Life so I think it’s better to just play him once than to play him in a bo3 (laughs). I think that I could even beat him if I just prepare well.
Anything else you would like to say?
There was a long time to prepare after the entries for today’s match came out. I received a lot of stress and it was a difficult time but my teammates and the coaching staff helped me out a lot. I want to take this moment to thank them.
Methods to locating SC2 interviews!
- Go to the TL.net search bar and type in [Interview] and then search. You will find the most recent interviews at the top
- Go to the SC2 Interviews/Translation Archive
- Go to the liquipedia page for that player and look at the section titled "Interviews" http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/PartinG#Interviews
- Go to the liquipedia page for that specific tournament and find this icon: If you click on that icon, it will take you to the interview for that group's match winners