• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:46
CEST 17:46
KST 00:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)74Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9743 users

Grandmastering the Ladder with Glaive

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Glaive
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
Sweden138 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-29 10:51:41
May 20 2013 13:39 GMT
#1
Greetings TL!

Update:

https://www.facebook.com/thatglaiveguy
https://twitter.com/GGlaive


For mods: I´m not sure if this is the right place but from what I gathered from the "advertisement/self-promotion" guidelines, I think a thread like this is okay? The goal is simply to announce my return and hopefully earn the status of a featured streamer in time. If not just move/remove the thread

I´m known as Glaive (or for any oldschool fan, Beef-on-a-stick) and I´m a former semi-professional gamer.

For a long time I´ve been frequenting this site, it´s about time I stepped out of the shadows and introduced myself for those who don´t know me from the Warcraft3 days!

Grandmastering the Ladder is what I´m going to call my little corner of the internet where I stream and record my journey toward Grandmaster-level Terran play. Working full time at becoming a profesional gamer once again. I should perhaps first mention that I am currently residing in the top 8 of a high masters league on the european servers.

Stream status: Break time!
http://www.twitch.tv/GGlaive

Edit: After recieving a couple of emails from amazingly supportive liquidians out there I feel a bit silly that I left out the fact that I´m currently sponsorless. I´m currently negotiating with a few different teams that have been able to offer LAN spons (entry fees, travel expenses and hotels). But as of today nothing is finalized, so I encourage any serious organization who is looking to recruit new players to send me an email (alexander.itg@gmail.com). I don´t require any sort of high salary at all as I live a pretty minimalistic lifestyle at the moment (and obviously have yet to actually prove myself in leagues/tournaments) However, as my savings are quickly running dry I will need to cover rent and such in order to be able to continue practicing full time.

Maintenance note:

I´ve finally started putting together this thread, just a little place to call home. Right now it´s just a horribly rough draft. Not even half of what I´m thinking it will be upon completion. But knowing myself, things well move along at a 10 times faster pace if I actually put this up there and start adding as I go along instead of piecing bits and pieces together in one long sitting that surely will get procrastinated even further.

Will be updated with:

*Website
*Stream info (currently changing from Xsplit to to probably OBS since the quality on Xsplit is super shitty and capped at 480)
Grabbed the link to a recent session from the archives for anyone who curious and the stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/gglaive/b/405618504

*Contact info
Skype/Email: alexander.itg@gmail.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/GGlaive

I only completed my new PC a month ago so I´m still feeling pretty rusty but things are progressing nicely and it´s becoming more and more obvious to me what I need to work on in my play.

For now I´m just going to start writing on a good and thorough introduction of myself. Sort of just about my life from the perspective of a competitive mind, for anyone who may be interested in getting to know me now, or more likely in the future when I start making a bit of a splash. It´s something I´ve been wanting to get started on writing on for quite a while, too.

Basically I´m looking for a place to post my thoughts and progress, update when I´m streaming, where I do some commentary and analysis during and inbetween games. If I´m lucky maybe even start a little following. You guys have proven to be extremely loyal supporters of players who have proven themselves worthy, I can only hope to count myself among them some day soon.

Long ass introduction, (rough, draft) part 1:


My IRL handle is Alexander Angleby, also known as Glaive. I hail from the great gaming nation of Swedenland, home to many true vikings that some of you are probably very familiar with. Back in 2004-2008 I was still in school but traveled quite a bit competing in Wc3, as what I suppose you would call a semi-professional gamer. When I was at my peak, before I was forced into retirement due to medical issues I was competing at roughly this level: http://classic.battle.net/tournaments/season4/brackets.shtml

From this point forward, however, as I am dedicating myself to gaming full time; I will be refering to myself not as a student, not as on sick-leave, but as an aspiring actual progamer. I have been quietly practicing for myself without having any real presence on the scene for a very long time so I´m just trying to get the ball rolling here. This site has been among the first I go to when I first sit down at a computer, even before facebook, for many years.


Gaming community websites was where I spent insanely huge chunks of my teenage years. You, and everyone else who has read and posted on these sites have taught me so much about life, and about communication. I can honestly say that you, in an immensely positive way, have shaped and influenced the very core of what identifies me as a person.

Sites like TL and WCReplays is where I learned everything I needed to know to become a professional gamer. Throughout the years it´s been a place where I could go and always find great comfort and support whenever I needed it. The life of a gamer is not easy at times, this community, especially a few of you who became teammates and close friends, kept me focused and motivated when I otherwise would have given up.

I could not think of a better place to return to for this, my rise from the ashes.

I have reached a skill-level in HotS where I now feel that the vast majority of players can at least learn something from watching my games, even if you´re already in Masters. Maybe especially if you´re in that mid to high masters and you are kinda stuck trying to get to that next level. I have great experience in making that jump from casual to more serious and professional in simply how you approach the game, attacking that long list of things you know that you need to work on, approaching things the right way and in the right order to make the time we put into ladder as efficient as possible.

So, here I am "making the switch", even though I´ve explored HotS enough to feel very confident that Starcraft 2 is a great game for me to compete in. I am very eager to see if me in my best shape can compete with the youngsters of today, or if the bar is simply too high now with the huge influx of player flooding the competative scene. Can I achieve some of my goals in getting to a point where we can make money off of this and maybe even get to travel to some tournaments? That would make me very happy and give my life a sense of purpose.

I have come to terms with the fact that I am a very sick individual, and unless some medical breakthrough is made, will be for the rest of my life. This leaves me with very few realistic options of "living life" while I´m still relatively young. But pitting my brain against some elses, E-sports, Blizzard RTS games, these are my passions. And coincidentally these are all things you can explore in front of your computer. This is pretty much ideal for obvious reasons, it´s very difficult for me to maintain a regual office hours schedule with my condition. As the sort of... average level of well-being has drastically decreased over the last year. Due to the worst physical condition I´ve been in a long time, a combination of the disease acting up, me not exercising, and lately a pretty severe depression - something that has been just completely new for me to deal with. So this truly is a climb from rock bottom.

Worst case scenario? Even if I manage to realize none of my dreams I am still confident that Starcraft will provide exactly the type of mental exercise and training in discipline that I desperate need in order to get life back on track. With the future so uncertain as to when the next surgery will take place, going back to school is not really an option. I mean, it is but I´ve been down that road before. It leads to no actual credit due to periods in the hospital of varying lengths that often coincide with exams and random deadlines. So basically the past few attempts to pick up my studies have been just a huge waste of time that is very demoralizing. Another such setback is definitely not what I need in my life right now. I need something that gives back as much as I give, no more and certainly no less.

I am a firm believer in the philosophy that Artosis share with me, that playing Starcraft actually makes you a better person. So this is my new life plan, hopefully I can make a living off of this, because anyone that is truly happy will tell you that they got there by doing what they loved...


I may or may not be undergoing surgery in the upcoming weeks so I´m not quite sure when the next big update will come but definitely soon!

Do you think that watching something like this may interest you? If so let me know in a comment below! Feedback will be most appreciated. Demuslim, for instance, is kind of doing what I´m trying to do, obviously a lot better, but I´m actually catching up a lot quicker than I expected and pretty soon I´m going to feel confident asking some old friends who are actually already doing this for a living for practice. But since I don´t want to waste let´s say Grubby´s time by just getting completely slaughtered, I still have some serious practice ahead of me. Let me know if you have any fun ideas for the "show", I´m going to try to be as interactive with the viewers as possible. I´m considering announcing a fun little official launch night for my stream, mainly to boost my own motivation not to just sit quietly. I want to practice commentating (obviously not casting in any way since we are trying aiming for perfection in our play) and doing post-game analyses.


To be continued guys. Thanks for reading!
Angel[BTL]
Profile Joined February 2003
Romania345 Posts
May 20 2013 13:44 GMT
#2
Hi Glaive. Good luck in your commitment to your game. No matter what results you achieve, the road, the journey you take is the goal itself. Be happy in knowing that and you can never fail.
Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm
Metak
Profile Joined August 2011
296 Posts
May 20 2013 13:52 GMT
#3
Never followed the W3 scene that closely but as a long time esports follower I do recall your name. All the best for the future and will be checking out your stream.
zerotol
Profile Joined August 2009
Belgium508 Posts
May 20 2013 14:01 GMT
#4
GL man, i remember you from WC3.
Now i am become death, the destroyer of worlds
MassTank
Profile Joined April 2013
Italy21 Posts
May 20 2013 14:14 GMT
#5
All i can say is welcome back! Old wc3 community and sc2 community is supporting you!
Chronopolis
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada1484 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-20 14:30:04
May 20 2013 14:29 GMT
#6
Great job on verbing the noun. Looking good already. Good luck!
BabyToss!
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Czech Republic588 Posts
May 20 2013 14:34 GMT
#7
Reading your story kind of reminds me of myself, in terms of depression and struggles. Wishing you the best of luck, it's true, that StarCraft pushes people forward, to become better, well, at least it does the thing for me. Hope to see you having fun and overcoming all these personal hurdles through something you love.
Nowadays a Filthy Casual | Follow your dreams |
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10870 Posts
May 20 2013 14:40 GMT
#8
Cool, will stay tuned to see your progress, but this should be a blog.
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Glaive
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
Sweden138 Posts
May 20 2013 14:43 GMT
#9
Thanks a ton guys!
followZeRoX
Profile Joined March 2011
Serbia1451 Posts
May 20 2013 14:49 GMT
#10
I remember you, elf who used ballistas more then others

gl in your quest mate!
Taefox
Profile Joined March 2010
1533 Posts
May 20 2013 15:44 GMT
#11
I remember ur name in WC3 era =) gl guy
@taefoxy
Glaive
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
Sweden138 Posts
May 20 2013 17:33 GMT
#12
Thanks for watching guys! Rough day, my TvP is absolute shit but thankfully I´m getting some help from some much better players. I need to get some food in me for now but will be back for more games later!
Pazuzu
Profile Joined July 2011
United States632 Posts
May 20 2013 17:47 GMT
#13
Gl Hf glaive I'll be tuning in for sure!!! Starcraft after WC3...it'll be great to follow your progress again and root for you!!
"It is because intuition is sometimes right, that we don't know what to do with it"
Incognoto
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
France10239 Posts
May 20 2013 17:54 GMT
#14
Hey glaive, you should get (don't you have?) a team liquid stream page. Something like this one: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/Dragon

That way, liquidians who are interested in your stream will see that it's up and running whenever they get on team liquid, as long as they hit the "favorite" button at the bottom left of the page. this is a good way to see if someone who isn't featured is on.

check this guide out: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=175682


best of luck
maru lover forever
dafnay
Profile Joined May 2010
Angola375 Posts
May 20 2013 17:54 GMT
#15
how old are u?
MrMedic
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada452 Posts
May 20 2013 18:14 GMT
#16
I'll be tuning in to watch you journey :D
papaz
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden4149 Posts
May 20 2013 18:17 GMT
#17
I enjoyed your presentation and I will be tuning in.

It will be fun to follow your journey!

Good luck!
Piledriver
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1697 Posts
May 20 2013 18:49 GMT
#18
I remember you used to be in a team called plan B. (Not sure but I remember your nick was pB.Glaive or smth).

GL in SC2
Envy fan since NTH.
IPA
Profile Joined August 2010
United States3206 Posts
May 20 2013 18:51 GMT
#19
I support any WC3 player. Good luck sir.
Time held me green and dying though I sang in my chains like the sea.
Glaive
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
Sweden138 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-20 19:30:14
May 20 2013 19:27 GMT
#20
After recieving a couple of emails from amazingly supportive liquidians out there I feel a bit silly that I left out the fact that I´m currently sponsorless. I´m negotiating with a few different teams that have been able to offer LAN spons (entry fees, travel expenses and hotels). But as of today nothing is finalized, so I encourage any serious organization who is looking to recruit new players to send me an email (alexander.itg@gmail.com). I don´t require any sort of high salary at all as I live a pretty minimalistic lifestyle at the moment (and obviously have yet to actually prove myself in leagues/tournaments) However, as my savings are quickly running dry I will need to cover rent and such in order to be able to continue practicing full time.

On May 21 2013 02:54 dafnay wrote:
how old are u?

MFW I realized I had to stop and think before answering this question. I´m 24 years old

On May 21 2013 02:54 Incognoto wrote:
Hey glaive, you should get (don't you have?) a team liquid stream page. Something like this one: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/Dragon

That way, liquidians who are interested in your stream will see that it's up and running whenever they get on team liquid, as long as they hit the "favorite" button at the bottom left of the page. this is a good way to see if someone who isn't featured is on.

I´m not at all familiar with the functionality of TL, I´ve only been using it as a news portal and lurking the forums. That sounds pretty great, thanks for the tip, I´ll try to set that up later today!

On May 20 2013 23:40 GGzerG wrote:
Cool, will stay tuned to see your progress, but this should be a blog.

Perhaps you´re right, my future goal is to have a website where I both blog about my own progress, do coverage and create community content. Could you tell me a little bit about how the blog feature works here on TL?

And to everyone else who has commented and subscribed to my stream: You have no idea how much good your support does for my motivation to keep pursuing this dream of mine, thank you! <3
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech146
UpATreeSC 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5214
Bisu 2611
Soulkey 1631
Jaedong 736
Mini 541
EffOrt 527
Horang2 381
Larva 364
ggaemo 247
actioN 244
[ Show more ]
ZerO 242
Yoon 130
Dewaltoss 108
Mind 92
hero 79
sorry 76
Sharp 71
Shinee 63
Snow 63
Sea.KH 60
Pusan 59
Barracks 53
Hyun 44
Bale 34
Trap 27
ToSsGirL 24
Rock 17
Terrorterran 16
NaDa 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 12
zelot 10
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5629
qojqva2759
Dendi1174
420jenkins255
League of Legends
Reynor65
Counter-Strike
fl0m2634
Fnx 746
x6flipin705
edward36
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes246
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1098
hiko997
B2W.Neo447
DeMusliM299
XBOCT242
Liquid`VortiX210
Livibee205
QueenE98
Mew2King40
ZerO(Twitch)19
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 78
• mYiSmile127
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 37
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV635
League of Legends
• Nemesis3585
• TFBlade555
Other Games
• Shiphtur330
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 15m
Patches Events
1d
The PondCast
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.