WCS Interviews for this Week:
- (Clicking on the link will take you to that interview)
- 2013 WCS Korea Season 1 Code S Ro8 Day 1 Winners' Interview
- 2013 WCS Korea Season 1 Code S Ro8 Day 2 Winners' Interview
- 2013 WCS Korea Season 1 Challenger League Round 3 Day 1 Winners' Interview
- 2013 WCS Europe Season 1 Ro32 and Ro16 Interview (LG-IM_Mvp)
- 2013 GSTL Season 1 Pennant Race Week 9 Match 1 LG-IM vs Prime Winner Interview
- 2013 GSTL Season 1 Pennant Race Week 9 Match 2 AZUBU vs AxiomAcer Winner Interview
Source: This Is Game
Tell us how you feel about securing the victory.
Scarlett: I am so glad. I thought we were going to lose in that last game. Symbol decided to attack with corruptors but he made the mistake of not going for a Hive so we were able to win.
Alicia: I am glad that I grabbed a victory (laughs). I always tell myself to at least win one game whenever I play so I’m glad that I keep getting results like this. I feel good.
Why do you think you were able to make great results like this?
Alicia: I think it’s because the team’s unity is working out so well.
Scarlett: I am also surprised myself. 소수 임원임에도 (something about being the official minorities, not exactly sure) establishing results that are this good is amazing.
AxiomAcer only have a five player roster today. Wasn’t that worrisome?
Scarlett: Right now, both Axiom and Acer are undergoing recruitment processes. But we haven’t found anyone yet.
Alicia: It wasn’t really worrisome. We knew that AZUBU had a strong Zerg lineup so we just focused on how to take down Zergs. So we weren’t really worried.
You decided to play aggressively for games one and two. Was this prepared?
Scarlett: Game one was all planned out. A lot of people seem to have this notion that I am a defensive style player so I decided to go for an all-in for game one. For game two, I didn’t expect my opponent to move out like that. The map is really difficult to grab a second expansion so I decided to go for a two hatch all-in.
Ryung ended up losing in game four and allowed the score to get tied up at 2-2. However, you showed excellent micro for game five on DMZ and pulled off the comeback.
Alicia: I was expecting a certain build order to hit me when I saw the direction of where his scout was coming from. So that’s why I was able to start off with an advantage. I was a little flustered because he hit me with mech but I played patiently so I was able to win.
WCS AM Ro16 matches are coming up. Alicia, you’re in group A, CranK is in Group B, and Scarlett, you’ll be in group C.
Alicia: We’re doing well for team leagues right now so the team’s atmosphere is fantastic. Which is why I feel like I’ll be able to make some really good results even for NA. I want to advance to the semi-finals so that I can qualify for the season finale.
Scarlett: I have to face HerO and I am not confident in ZvP. I don’t know about myself but I think Axiom players will able to make some good results. I don’t know if I’ll be able to make any good results.
How do you feel about your group?
Scarlett: I think it’s okay. I like the fact that I don’t have a full Korean group.
What do you think your chances of advancing to the quarter-finals are?
Alicia: I think advancing out of my group as #1 will be difficult because of NesTea hyung. I am expecting to advance out as second.
Scarlett: I don’t really know. I guess around 50%.
There are two matches left in the GSTL. Do you think AxiomAcer will maintain its #1 position?
Alicia: It’s difficult to say that we’ll maintain it. We cannot just ignore the two teams that are ranked behind us. We cannot let our guard down ever.
Anything else you would like to say?
Alicia: I prepared so hard in order to take down Zergs but I don’t feel good because I ended up losing my PvZ match so easily (laughs). I do feel glad though because CranK finished it off well for us. Lastly, I want to thank John Bain, Genna Bain, Mike Lamond, Olivia, and our sponsors Cynical Brit, SC2links, Sonly Online Entertainment, and Planteside 2.
Scarlett: I want to thank the fans for cheering us on and we are going to do our best to ensure that we advance as #1. Lastly, I want to thank Team Acer and partner Axiom.
Methods to locating SC2 interviews!
- Go to the TL.net search bar and type in [Interview] and then search. You will find the most recent interviews at the top
- Go to the SC2 Interviews/Translation Archive
- Go to the liquipedia page for that player and look at the section titled "Interviews" http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/PartinG#Interviews
- Go to the liquipedia page for that specific tournament and find this icon: If you click on that icon, it will take you to the interview for that group's match winners