• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:47
CEST 06:47
KST 13:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7939 users

Puzzle and Coca Return; will attend DreamHack - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Tobblish
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden6404 Posts
April 02 2013 09:37 GMT
#81
I thought that Project Dark-horse was for up and coming players and not old veterans that failed.
There have been plenty of small online cups for them to prove themselves but they haven't.

I was really looking forward to see some new talent, both korean and foreigner...
The curse is real
Schlurp
Profile Joined February 2012
8 Posts
April 02 2013 09:42 GMT
#82
NICE! My two favorite players. I am so happy right now :DDD
Fight Apathy..or don´t!
WinterTV
Profile Joined February 2011
United States297 Posts
April 02 2013 09:46 GMT
#83
Great project and even greater picks for the first player funding! GL to both in their return to SC2. I am definitely excited to see these guys back!
@wintersc2
Ace1123
Profile Joined September 2011
Philippines1187 Posts
April 02 2013 10:08 GMT
#84
I love you Project Dark horse! Seriously My favorite players are returning finally!
ForGG, Mvp, MMA, MarineKing, BoxeR,
Darkomicron
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands216 Posts
April 02 2013 10:14 GMT
#85
Pretty amazing, I hope they return to SC2!
"Night will fall, and so will you"
myRZeth
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany1047 Posts
April 02 2013 10:18 GMT
#86
On April 02 2013 18:37 Tobblish wrote:
I thought that Project Dark-horse was for up and coming players and not old veterans that failed.
There have been plenty of small online cups for them to prove themselves but they haven't.

I was really looking forward to see some new talent, both korean and foreigner...


yea i agree with this, they went away and now get rewarded for that?
Teodice
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden641 Posts
April 02 2013 10:26 GMT
#87
Looks great! The community is simply amazing :D
You will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not
SHOOG
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1639 Posts
April 02 2013 10:28 GMT
#88
Hellllll yes! CoCa will forever be one of my favorite players. I still wonder what could have happened if he was never dropped down after that scandal. I seriously think he could have gotten himself some sort of championship. Nonetheless, I'm glad he and Puzzle are back!
KazKamasa
Profile Joined June 2009
Sweden186 Posts
April 02 2013 11:07 GMT
#89
I have to be at DH now !
"time line? time is not made out of lines it is made out of circles, that is why clocks are round"- Caboose
siist3m
Profile Joined December 2010
United States113 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-02 11:12:10
April 02 2013 11:11 GMT
#90
Hey,
I'm the guy who won the first uniform set for this.


I'm actually kind of upset that my money is going to go to a player who obviously gave up on a game when he and it were down, to take a way to obviously just jump on the bandwagon and make more money.


Who's to say they wont do this tournament, blow the $800 I gave to this project, and then just give up again?


What a waste if you ask me. I wish I would've just given my money directly to a player I support.
I'd rather be dead in California than alive in Arizona.
Aeroplaneoverthesea
Profile Joined April 2012
United Kingdom1977 Posts
April 02 2013 11:12 GMT
#91
Loved watching Coca back in the days when he was unbeatable in ZvP.
Badfatpanda
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States9719 Posts
April 02 2013 11:14 GMT
#92
OMG! CoCa fuck yeah! Can't wait to see some new HotS zerg play. CoCa fighting!
Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy. -Beethoven | Mech isn't a build, it's a way of life. -MajOr | Charlie.Sheen: "What is sarcastic, kids who have no courage to fight?" | #TerranPride #yolo #swag -Naama after 2-0'ing MC at HSC VI
kollin
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom8380 Posts
April 02 2013 11:17 GMT
#93
On April 02 2013 18:37 Tobblish wrote:
I thought that Project Dark-horse was for up and coming players and not old veterans that failed.
There have been plenty of small online cups for them to prove themselves but they haven't.

I was really looking forward to see some new talent, both korean and foreigner...

Neither Coca nor Puzzle failed...both of them were some of the most talented players of their time, even if they never did win a GSL (but how many players can say the did).
ElBlanco
Profile Joined July 2011
Australia140 Posts
April 02 2013 11:18 GMT
#94
On April 02 2013 20:11 siist3m wrote:
Hey,
I'm the guy who won the first uniform set for this.


I'm actually kind of upset that my money is going to go to a player who obviously gave up on a game when he and it were down, to take a way to obviously just jump on the bandwagon and make more money.


Who's to say they wont do this tournament, blow the $800 I gave to this project, and then just give up again?


What a waste if you ask me. I wish I would've just given my money directly to a player I support.


It also doesn't seem to quite gel with what is said in the description in the first post of this thread. Coca and puzzle are hardly new pro gaming talent. They are both proven talents who have had success before. As you said it's even worse that they left the game for its biggest competitor. It would be a lot more interesting if this went to up and coming talent who would struggle to be able to find the funds to compete at a big tournament.
TheBB
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Switzerland5133 Posts
April 02 2013 11:22 GMT
#95
Dark Horse = DH = DreamHack

Coincidence? You decide.
http://aligulac.com || Barcraft Switzerland! || Zerg best race. || Stats-poster extraordinaire.
megacrack
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia171 Posts
April 02 2013 11:23 GMT
#96
what happened to min? i thought it was a trio
siist3m
Profile Joined December 2010
United States113 Posts
April 02 2013 11:31 GMT
#97
On April 02 2013 20:18 ElBlanco wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2013 20:11 siist3m wrote:
Hey,
I'm the guy who won the first uniform set for this.


I'm actually kind of upset that my money is going to go to a player who obviously gave up on a game when he and it were down, to take a way to obviously just jump on the bandwagon and make more money.


Who's to say they wont do this tournament, blow the $800 I gave to this project, and then just give up again?


What a waste if you ask me. I wish I would've just given my money directly to a player I support.


It also doesn't seem to quite gel with what is said in the description in the first post of this thread. Coca and puzzle are hardly new pro gaming talent. They are both proven talents who have had success before. As you said it's even worse that they left the game for its biggest competitor. It would be a lot more interesting if this went to up and coming talent who would struggle to be able to find the funds to compete at a big tournament.



Exactly. They had their shot, and left. Why am I giving them money? I'd rather give it to a foreigner or even a Korean who is and has been putting their heart and soul into the game.
I'd rather be dead in California than alive in Arizona.
alvadr
Profile Joined May 2012
135 Posts
April 02 2013 11:36 GMT
#98
On April 02 2013 20:22 TheBB wrote:
Dark Horse = DH = DreamHack

Coincidence? You decide.


Yes.
siist3m
Profile Joined December 2010
United States113 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-02 11:45:59
April 02 2013 11:44 GMT
#99
ORIGIN
PROJECT DARK HORSE represents the efforts of Cyber Sports Network to satisfy the final wish of Korean professional pro-gaming Team SlayerS. When Team SlayerS owners Kim 'Jessica" Ka Yeon and Lim "BoxeR" Yo Hwan decided to close the doors on their world-renown organization, they asked CSN to distribute the last of their team gear, and to use any money collected to help new pro-gamers.

MISSION
True to the intentions of the original benefactors, Jessica & BoxeR of Team SlayerS, PROJECT DARK HORSE is a non-profit organization that auctions and distributes donated pro-gaming team apparel, memorabelia, and related items to raise funds in support of new pro-gaming talent. Participating esports fans will direct their donations to deserving candidates, allowing fans to directly support the players they love and to earn something in return.


I kinda want my money back, or I guess "Operation 6'1" 200 pound Siist3m fits into a Korean Small at the next MLG and ruins the dreams of SlayerS lovers" is on.
I'd rather be dead in California than alive in Arizona.
Tobblish
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden6404 Posts
April 02 2013 11:47 GMT
#100
On April 02 2013 20:17 kollin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2013 18:37 Tobblish wrote:
I thought that Project Dark-horse was for up and coming players and not old veterans that failed.
There have been plenty of small online cups for them to prove themselves but they haven't.

I was really looking forward to see some new talent, both korean and foreigner...

Neither Coca nor Puzzle failed...both of them were some of the most talented players of their time, even if they never did win a GSL (but how many players can say the did).


Sorry for expressing myself in such a fashion, was just upset with this whole Dark-Horse thing.
Taking so long to firstly put up a action and then failing on the projects main point got me upset.
The curse is real
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft403
RuFF_SC2 189
Nina 103
-ZergGirl 77
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2084
sorry 40
Bale 28
910 16
yabsab 15
Icarus 8
Dota 2
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 767
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1184
taco 209
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox768
Other Games
summit1g8015
WinterStarcraft333
C9.Mang0279
Livibee157
Sick144
Maynarde127
ViBE83
ArmadaUGS44
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick810
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream183
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2117
League of Legends
• Stunt389
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
6h 13m
Stellar Fest
8h 13m
The PondCast
1d 5h
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
OSC
1d 19h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.