• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:21
CEST 15:21
KST 22:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War65.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202620Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8434 users

[Interview]AZUBU vs Prime 2013 GSTL S1 Group Stage

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37119 Posts
March 31 2013 13:44 GMT
#1
(T)ByuNPrime
Gerrard (Prime’s Head Coach)

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You secured Prime’s victory with a 4-0. How do you feel?

Gerrard: ByuN normally gets nervous pretty often but I think he did a great job of showing some great plays without getting nervous as he took games one and two. I am kind of disappointed that Maru and MarineKing didn’t get to show that they were just as good as ByuN but I am still glad about the victory.
(T)ByuN: I feel so good since this was my first ever all kill. Today was Classic’s last match so I am glad that I was able to win like this.

As you stated yourself, this was your first ever all kill.

(T)ByuN: I didn’t think I was ever going to achieve an all kill during my lifetime. I have no idea how I pulled it off (laughs). I think I was able to achieve this victory because I was able to win games one and two like coach Gerrard previously stated. I am so happy.

Following the all kill from yesterday, another Terran achieved an all kill today. What do you think about this?

(T)ByuN: A lot of people seem to say that Terran is really powerful but if you look at the Korean GM ladder, aside from one player, everyone else is Protoss. In my opinion, it’s just the better player that wins.

Contrary to your usual late game macro plays, you won game one pretty quickly with a fast timing attack.

(T)ByuN: That’s not what I was aiming for. I was all ready for the late game stage. It’s not that I just all of a sudden decided to change my play style. Luck was just on my side.

However, game four was a head to head battle.

(T)ByuN: For game four, I had absolutely no idea whether or not I was going to win until the end. I was still skeptical about my victory even as I was winning the final battle. It was a really difficult game.

Prime is currently tied at #1 along with StarTale. What are your goals for this season?

(T)ByuN: Fir st of all, I want to make sure that I do my absolute best for every single game that I play. I don’t have a specific goal yet but I do want to defeat StarTale, who I view as a rival team. StarTale has a very established roster and we do too so I really want us to face off against each other.
Gerrard: Our goal is to do our absolute best for every single match in order to advance into the playoffs with a #1 ranking. Since we were able to kick off the season with our best record ever, I want to make sure we do our absolute best to ensure we ride this momentum all the way to the #1 spot.

There is a notion that aside from its Terran lineup, Prime is relatively weak in other areas.

Gerrard: It’s true that our Zerg lineup is rather lacking. But Emir and TerOr are working really hard so I think we’ll be able to show an even better form in a little bit. Regarding our Protoss lineup, Creator is showing a great form and Lucy is improving at a rapid pace. I can’t help but feel like Lucy is going to grow into an ace card for us.

A lot of people are wondering about Barbie.

Gerrard: Initially, we wanted someone who could rival StarTale’s Aphrodite and AZUBU’s Eve. Since we’re facing StarTale next, I want to see if we can organize some kind of faceoff between Barbie and Aphrodite. We will do our absolute best so that she can put on a spectacular performance.

Anything else you would like to say?

Gerrard: I want to thank all the fans who cheered on for Prime. I honestly think today’s victory was the result of us persevering through the difficult times and not allowing ourselves to give up. I know that our source of strength came from the fans so we will do our best to ensure that Prime becomes the strongest team.
(T)ByuN: With today being his final SC2 match, Classic has decided to retire from the world of pro gaming and will now pursue a career in the world of eSports. I really hope he succeeds. Recently, several former SC2 pro gamers left LoL and came back to SC2 so I hope they work hard and make some good results (laughs). Honestly, whenever we have inhouse practices, it is clear that Maru and MarineKing are better players than I am. So I hope everyone will lie in eager anticipation for their performances. Lastly, the dog you guys saw on camera was not my dog (laughs).
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Mithriel
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands2969 Posts
March 31 2013 13:50 GMT
#2
Was sad Mkp didn't get to play, but awesome to see byun do well. Its always a mystery what byun comes out to play, genius or scrub. Gogo prime to take it all!
There is no shame in defeat so long as the spirit is unconquered. | Cheering for Maru, Innovation and MMA!
TeeTS
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany2762 Posts
March 31 2013 13:54 GMT
#3
D: I thought Classic was showing some glimpses of huge skill in his in late WoL performances. Sad that he retired. That makes Prime basically a kiddo team. Dunno if they have even one player above 20 now ^_^
KaiserKieran
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States615 Posts
March 31 2013 13:55 GMT
#4
Great interview! It was cool that the coach was there too.
AzBozz
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany518 Posts
March 31 2013 14:01 GMT
#5
thanks for the translation

sad to see classic retire TT
MMA | MVP|Teaja|Polt|MKP|Byun|Maru|Thorzain|Creator|HasuObs|Socke|Lucifron|Vortix|Mana|Heromarine / PRIME and Mousesports fighting!!
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
March 31 2013 14:03 GMT
#6
Thanks for the translation!
Moderatorlickypiddy
DiMano
Profile Joined July 2011
Korea (South)2066 Posts
March 31 2013 14:04 GMT
#7
Sad for Classic
CoCa to Prime and ByuN + CoCa = <3
Draconicfire
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada2562 Posts
March 31 2013 14:21 GMT
#8
Aphrodite vs Barbie would be an interesting opener haha.
@Drayxs | Drayxs.221 | Drayxs#1802
EnumaAvalon
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Philippines3613 Posts
March 31 2013 14:23 GMT
#9
Wait. Barbie's a girl? I though he just had a weird name! My mistake. Thanks for the trans Seeker!
(._.) ( l: ) ( .-. ) ( :l ) (._.) They see me rolling. They hating.
DiMano
Profile Joined July 2011
Korea (South)2066 Posts
March 31 2013 14:28 GMT
#10
On March 31 2013 23:23 EnumaAvalon wrote:
Wait. Barbie's a girl? I though he just had a weird name! My mistake. Thanks for the trans Seeker!

[image loading]
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13022 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-31 19:39:26
March 31 2013 19:39 GMT
#11
Lol Prime terrans always saying the other Prime terrans are better than them when they are interviewed after a good performance. Kind of reminds me of this picture of Steve Jobs and Bill Gates laughing together : "You are so much better than me Byun! _ No you are MKP, you too Maru. _Fuck you fuck zergs I'm gonna 11/11".
WriterMaru
Whiplash
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2929 Posts
March 31 2013 19:41 GMT
#12
ByuN is def the "Kassem G Terran" :p
Cinematographer / Steadicam Operator. Former Starcraft commentator/player
will216
Profile Joined August 2012
United States185 Posts
March 31 2013 19:42 GMT
#13
On March 31 2013 23:28 DiMano wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2013 23:23 EnumaAvalon wrote:
Wait. Barbie's a girl? I though he just had a weird name! My mistake. Thanks for the trans Seeker!

[image loading]


She should face off against Scarlett.... Still think it's some what sexist how they treat women Starcraft players.
I'm not the greatest , but I will be one day ...
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
March 31 2013 20:03 GMT
#14
poor classic, but gratz to byun! thanks seekz
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
March 31 2013 20:08 GMT
#15
Wait so if classic retires what will happen to FGSTL because I have him on my team -_-
Glorious SEA doto
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
March 31 2013 20:27 GMT
#16
On April 01 2013 05:08 Fusilero wrote:
Wait so if classic retires what will happen to FGSTL because I have him on my team -_-

Outta luck bro

I assume it's going to be treated like Idra on FPL. I picked him, and he was never played (obviously), so no points.
Refer to my post.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-31 21:14:04
March 31 2013 20:38 GMT
#17
I'm pretty sad to watch every korean team hiring a female "progamer" just for the sake of this tbh...
It's amateurish at best.

Oh well, on the subject at hand, I'm happy than ByuN is kicking asses again.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Badfatpanda
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States9719 Posts
March 31 2013 20:45 GMT
#18
On April 01 2013 05:38 Noocta wrote:
I'm pretty sad to watch every korean team hiring a female "progamer" just for the sake of this tbh...
It's amateurish at best.

Oh well, on the subject at hand, I'm happy than ByuN is kick asses again.


She is an honored caretaker of ByuN's puppy

FUCK YEAH BYUN!

Kinda funny that the coach was sad for MKP and Maru. Prime's Terran lineup is just so strong. Now all they need is to pick up Jjakji so they never lose a team league again.
Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy. -Beethoven | Mech isn't a build, it's a way of life. -MajOr | Charlie.Sheen: "What is sarcastic, kids who have no courage to fight?" | #TerranPride #yolo #swag -Naama after 2-0'ing MC at HSC VI
Ctesias
Profile Joined December 2012
4595 Posts
March 31 2013 20:51 GMT
#19
Glad I picked Byun for my FGSTL.

Thanks for translating.
Flash | Mvp
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
March 31 2013 21:15 GMT
#20
On April 01 2013 05:45 Badfatpanda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2013 05:38 Noocta wrote:
I'm pretty sad to watch every korean team hiring a female "progamer" just for the sake of this tbh...
It's amateurish at best.

Oh well, on the subject at hand, I'm happy than ByuN is kick asses again.


She is an honored caretaker of ByuN's puppy

FUCK YEAH BYUN!

Kinda funny that the coach was sad for MKP and Maru. Prime's Terran lineup is just so strong. Now all they need is to pick up Jjakji so they never lose a team league again.


Everytime someone talk about a team needing a terran, they think of Jjakji, but I'm pretty sure Jjakji will stay with NSH until the team disband completely.
And since it's tied with an university, I'm not sure it will ever disband.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 391
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35236
Calm 7538
Rain 1897
Bisu 1706
Jaedong 1042
Horang2 654
FanTaSy 622
BeSt 531
Soma 400
Larva 376
[ Show more ]
Light 322
Stork 307
Rush 277
ZerO 220
Snow 198
Zeus 190
Barracks 127
Free 117
Mind 103
910 92
Mong 74
Killer 57
Sea.KH 48
Pusan 47
Hyun 43
NaDa 41
ToSsGirL 38
Shinee 29
Aegong 26
Sexy 18
Hm[arnc] 17
Terrorterran 17
sorry 12
Noble 10
Rock 9
Sacsri 8
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc7892
XaKoH 131
Counter-Strike
fl0m3859
olofmeister867
Other Games
gofns32560
singsing2131
B2W.Neo823
hiko379
Lowko323
crisheroes282
Hui .100
RotterdaM89
Livibee82
Mew2King80
Mlord67
djWHEAT65
QueenE38
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3544
• Jankos2693
• TFBlade653
Other Games
• WagamamaTV204
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 39m
Big Brain Bouts
20h 39m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.