• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:58
CEST 07:58
KST 14:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8246 users

[Interview] GSTL Azubu vs FXO Pre-Season Ro4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
wozzot
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1227 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-24 18:51:24
February 24 2013 18:22 GMT
#1
(Z)AZUBU_viOLet

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You took down FXO and brought your team to victory with a score of 4-1. Tell us your thoughts.

I'm overjoyed that AZUBU is participating in the finals. This has been a real help for the AZUBU name.

This was the first all-kill of the GSTL pre-season. Did you see this coming?

I could never even have imagined such a thing. Since long ago, I've gotten too nervous whenever I even came to the Mokdong studio. I didn't play well during the first set, but I sensed that the opposing team's players were nervous, just like me, and I think it's thanks to that that I was able to win. I'm happy that I was able to perform an all-kill on the GSL stage, and I think I'll only become more confident in myself in the future.

Zerg has been considered to be weak in Heart of the Swarm, but the race has been doing well during the pre-season.

It's not so much that Zerg is becoming stronger as that these are pre-season games. The players understand that, so they're mostly trying to play macro games, where Zerg can manage well enough. The reality, though, is that on ladder, where people play to win, Zerg is weak. I'm wondering whether there will start to be proper games once the regular seasons begin.

A lot of people feel that Sky Toss is difficult to beat on Akilon Flats.

I had anticipated Void Rays at first and prepared a build accordingly, but I got thrown off when an early-game attack came. I was originally going to use a mid-game timing, but I couldn't do it because of my opponent's early strike. I worked towards the late game and attacked with Vipers, and he had Tempests. Tempests may be powerful in the late game, but I thought that things would still work out, so I went ahead and attacked anyway.

What thoughts ran through your head when you ran Zerglings inside your opponent's base and saw his Starport tech during the fourth set?

He actually lowered his Supply Depots while I was scouting them with an Overlord (laughs). As soon as the Depots were down, I seized the opportunity to break into his base with Zerglings. I did get flustered when three Banshees came in, but I thought it would be fun if I went for a Nydus. There was a Supply Depot where I was going to place my Nydus exit, but I thought I could do it if I was able to turn away his attention with his attacking Banshees toward my Queens. It wasn't a strategy that I'd prepared in advance, but I got lucky and my timing worked well.

You showed some impressive Fungal usage during your fifth and final game against Leenock.

If the Fungals hadn't hit, I had planned to pull my Drones and go for an all-in. I felt that I would have a hard time when I saw the Mutalisks, but he suddenly flew in and allowed my Fungals to hit. Fungal Growth may have been nerfed, but since it's still powerful if used properly, I was prepared to engage at any time.

Your team is the first to reach the finals. Which other team would you like to see rise up?

I think that the match will be a close one. NSHoSeo's jjakji has amazing TvZ; LG-IM's RagnaroK is a good player, and he's doing much better than he normally would because the other players are treating the game like Wings of Liberty. I think that the new units and fresh builds will come out, making the match an exciting one. I'm thinking of playing an exciting match no matter which team makes it up, so whichever team rises up doesn't matter to me.

The IEM World Championship will also be using Heart of the Swarm. Do you feel confident?

I think that my group is okay. To be honest, I think it'll be tough to go all the way and win the tournament. My goal for now is to make it out of my group in 1st place.

We're curious to hear about your future plans.

I'm going to come to a decision soon. If I stay in Korea, I'll be working alongside my AZUBU teammates, but if I choose to play overseas, I'll have trouble playing on the GSL stage.

Do you have any last words?

I want to send my thanks to my team's sponsors, AZUBU and Razer. I received some new equipment from Razer yesterday, and they functioned incredibly well during my games. I'll perform well during the finals, too.
(ノ´∀`*)ノ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♪ ♫ (✌゚∀゚)☞ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♫ ♫ (ノ´_ゝ`)ノ彡 ┻━┻
partydude89
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
1850 Posts
February 24 2013 18:25 GMT
#2
GO VIOLET
#1 Official Hack Fan|#2 Bomber behind Wintex.|Curious|Life|Flash|TY|Cure|Maru|sOs|Jin Air Green Wings fighting!|SBENU Fighting!|
TeeTS
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany2762 Posts
February 24 2013 18:26 GMT
#3
I don't know if I agree on his oppinion, that everyone plays on the ladder just to win.
Thx for the interview.
KanoCoke
Profile Joined June 2011
Japan863 Posts
February 24 2013 18:34 GMT
#4
Some play to troll, and others play for experimenting with builds, but most play to win.

Hard decision for Violet, but I can't blame him if he decides to prioritize foreign events, as that's what he left Korea for in the first place.
Will always cheer for: MMA Bomber Taeja Curious Life herO Zest
Acronysis
Profile Joined November 2011
872 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-24 18:37:28
February 24 2013 18:35 GMT
#5
So glad to see viOLet play so well today. That game versus leenock was really fun =)

I don't know if I agree on his oppinion, that everyone plays on the ladder just to win.


I think he was more getting at the fact that they're not trying to put on a show on ladder, whereas in these preseason games they are. Therefore, you see the really aggressive strategies on ladder that we haven't been seeing in the preseason
The multiplying villanies of man do swarm upon him.
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
February 24 2013 18:40 GMT
#6
Great job Violet! He really crushed FXO
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
February 24 2013 23:46 GMT
#7
thanks woz!
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
LimitSEA
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia9580 Posts
February 24 2013 23:59 GMT
#8
Great job viOlet! Azubu's my new second favorite team. If only you guys weren't playing IM in the finals, I'd be totally psyched to cheer y'all on.
Long live the King of Wings
GhoSt[shield]
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2131 Posts
February 25 2013 00:00 GMT
#9
Violet one of the most likeable progamers. So manner, so talented.
Pretty good upset over FXO GJ!
johnny123
Profile Joined February 2012
521 Posts
February 25 2013 00:06 GMT
#10
so basically violet is trying to say that zerg not only should win the macro game but also win the early game .WOL 2.0 all over again? i guess thats to be expected.
Favorite players,Stephano/MVP/Nestea/Gumiho/Life/Jaedong/MMA
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
February 25 2013 00:59 GMT
#11
Thanks wozzot! It did seems like players weren't being serious in their games. Anyone who saw MMA vs Ragnarok several days back can attest as to how Ragnarok was toying around in his match abducting MMA's medivac 4-5 times lol. Having said that, I'm sure there is a play to win mentality as well
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
mrRoflpwn
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2618 Posts
February 25 2013 01:02 GMT
#12
Violet has always been one of my favorite player- mostly because he is so good at sc2 even after living in America for so long! Also has great english if you have ever met him!
Long live the Boss Toss!
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
February 25 2013 01:14 GMT
#13
gogo ViOlet :D
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
Ace1123
Profile Joined September 2011
Philippines1187 Posts
February 25 2013 01:29 GMT
#14
Go Violeett!
ForGG, Mvp, MMA, MarineKing, BoxeR,
wammyz
Profile Joined January 2013
90 Posts
February 25 2013 01:30 GMT
#15
On February 25 2013 03:22 wozzot wrote:
Zerg has been considered to be weak in Heart of the Swarm, but the race has been doing well during the pre-season.

It's not so much that Zerg is becoming stronger as that these are pre-season games. The players understand that, so they're mostly trying to play macro games, where Zerg can manage well enough. The reality, though, is that on ladder, where people play to win, Zerg is weak. I'm wondering whether there will start to be proper games once the regular seasons begin.

Ah, this makes more sense. I was wondering why Zerg was getting so many kills despite their weakness in HOTS.
An Extremely Proud Bear Fanboy
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
February 25 2013 01:57 GMT
#16
On February 25 2013 09:06 johnny123 wrote:
so basically violet is trying to say that zerg not only should win the macro game but also win the early game .WOL 2.0 all over again? i guess thats to be expected.

You have the reading comprehension of a god.
LuckyMacro
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1482 Posts
February 25 2013 04:08 GMT
#17
On February 25 2013 09:06 johnny123 wrote:
so basically violet is trying to say that zerg not only should win the macro game but also win the early game .WOL 2.0 all over again? i guess thats to be expected.


So basically you skipped every other word in the interview?
SenorChang
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia4730 Posts
February 25 2013 04:11 GMT
#18
violet is a sexy beast
ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 98
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 549
Larva 466
Leta 150
ZergMaN 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm224
League of Legends
JimRising 737
Other Games
summit1g8596
WinterStarcraft495
Mew2King85
ArmadaUGS38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick859
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream179
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2301
League of Legends
• Rush1347
• Lourlo1114
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 3m
INu's Battles
6h 3m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
9h 3m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 3m
Replay Cast
17h 3m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 5h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.