• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:10
CEST 13:10
KST 20:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8210 users

Global Play is live on Wings of Liberty (testing?) - Page 17

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 26 Next All
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-25 15:26:31
January 25 2013 15:26 GMT
#321
............

Im so noob. I just cant get it working.

I made textfile (what else you can do) copied those codes and named it regions.xml . Its still textfile and its fullname is regions.xml.txt. What to do?
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
GreyishTommy
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland147 Posts
January 25 2013 15:28 GMT
#322
On January 26 2013 00:26 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
............

Im so noob. I just cant get it working.

I made textfile (what else you can do) copied those codes and named it regions.xml . Its still textfile and its fullname is regions.xml.txt. What to do?

you actually have to delete the "txt" and replace it by "xml", not delete everything and rewrite
worked fine for me
MKP/Bomber/ForGG/Creator/Jjakji/SuperNova/San/Byul/Life/DRG/HerO/Seed
Monty_Pylon
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany30 Posts
January 25 2013 15:28 GMT
#323
On January 26 2013 00:26 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
............

Im so noob. I just cant get it working.

I made textfile (what else you can do) copied those codes and named it regions.xml . Its still textfile and its fullname is regions.xml.txt. What to do?


just delete the ".txt" from the filename and it should work.
HeeroFX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2704 Posts
January 25 2013 15:30 GMT
#324
On January 25 2013 21:02 Nekovivie wrote:
Gonna lose blizzard a lot of sales now you dont need to buy accounts in every region



meh they made enough off of pros having to buy smurfs for every region lol
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
January 25 2013 15:30 GMT
#325
On January 26 2013 00:28 GreyishTommy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2013 00:26 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
............

Im so noob. I just cant get it working.

I made textfile (what else you can do) copied those codes and named it regions.xml . Its still textfile and its fullname is regions.xml.txt. What to do?

you actually have to delete the "txt" and replace it by "xml", not delete everything and rewrite
worked fine for me

and how I do that?
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
jordancurk
Profile Joined February 2012
United States52 Posts
January 25 2013 15:31 GMT
#326
No matter what I do, the region button does not appear. I did the XML thing. It is an XML not a txt file. I'm not sure what's going on
GreyishTommy
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland147 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-25 15:33:39
January 25 2013 15:33 GMT
#327
On January 26 2013 00:31 jordancurk wrote:
No matter what I do, the region button does not appear. I did the XML thing. It is an XML not a txt file. I'm not sure what's going on

log in then logout, should appear, i had the same problem at first
MKP/Bomber/ForGG/Creator/Jjakji/SuperNova/San/Byul/Life/DRG/HerO/Seed
GreyishTommy
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland147 Posts
January 25 2013 15:36 GMT
#328
On January 26 2013 00:30 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2013 00:28 GreyishTommy wrote:
On January 26 2013 00:26 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
............

Im so noob. I just cant get it working.

I made textfile (what else you can do) copied those codes and named it regions.xml . Its still textfile and its fullname is regions.xml.txt. What to do?

you actually have to delete the "txt" and replace it by "xml", not delete everything and rewrite
worked fine for me

and how I do that?

rename, and mouseclick on the right, then lighten only the "txt", replace it by "xml", enter
re-done it to be sure, it worked again
MKP/Bomber/ForGG/Creator/Jjakji/SuperNova/San/Byul/Life/DRG/HerO/Seed
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
January 25 2013 15:40 GMT
#329
On January 26 2013 00:36 GreyishTommy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2013 00:30 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On January 26 2013 00:28 GreyishTommy wrote:
On January 26 2013 00:26 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
............

Im so noob. I just cant get it working.

I made textfile (what else you can do) copied those codes and named it regions.xml . Its still textfile and its fullname is regions.xml.txt. What to do?

you actually have to delete the "txt" and replace it by "xml", not delete everything and rewrite
worked fine for me

and how I do that?

rename, and mouseclick on the right, then lighten only the "txt", replace it by "xml", enter
re-done it to be sure, it worked again


Its name is regions.xml. There are no txt anywhere. But If I go to specifics - > information, there its name is regions.xml.txt but you can't change it there.
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
Phizzik
Profile Joined November 2010
United States77 Posts
January 25 2013 15:46 GMT
#330
On January 26 2013 00:40 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Its name is regions.xml. There are no txt anywhere. But If I go to specifics - > information, there its name is regions.xml.txt but you can't change it there.



Did you try this:

On January 25 2013 21:55 Desertfaux wrote:
I just had a problem creating the .xml file on windows 7 and fixed it, so I want to share this. When you create a file (standard .txt) when you save this as regions.xml, it can get saved as regions.xml.txt without you knowing.

I went to Control Panel, 'Appearance and Personalisation' then 'Folder Options' and in the display tab I unchecked 'hide extensions'. This had .txt show up in my starcraft 2 folder, so I could easily erase the .txt extension, the system asked if I wanted to change the extension of this file, checked yes and now everything works!
"Live free or die."
MicroTastiC
Profile Joined January 2011
375 Posts
January 25 2013 15:51 GMT
#331
playing 600PING from USA on KR. but otherwise owning up noobs
MicroTastiC
Profile Joined January 2011
375 Posts
January 25 2013 15:51 GMT
#332
use notepad++ and "save as" regions.xml
memcpy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States459 Posts
January 25 2013 15:58 GMT
#333
Or using normal notepad you can do save-as "regions.xml" (with the quotes).
Taefox
Profile Joined March 2010
1533 Posts
January 25 2013 16:16 GMT
#334
KR Client can't log on NA and .....
I ran another client ( SEA client ) and it was going auto updated with Korean asset - - I can log in NA now but can't play ( No content download ingame like maps portraits etc.. ) can anyone help ?
@taefoxy
GreyishTommy
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland147 Posts
January 25 2013 16:17 GMT
#335
On January 26 2013 00:46 Phizzik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2013 00:40 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Its name is regions.xml. There are no txt anywhere. But If I go to specifics - > information, there its name is regions.xml.txt but you can't change it there.



Did you try this:

Show nested quote +
On January 25 2013 21:55 Desertfaux wrote:
I just had a problem creating the .xml file on windows 7 and fixed it, so I want to share this. When you create a file (standard .txt) when you save this as regions.xml, it can get saved as regions.xml.txt without you knowing.

I went to Control Panel, 'Appearance and Personalisation' then 'Folder Options' and in the display tab I unchecked 'hide extensions'. This had .txt show up in my starcraft 2 folder, so I could easily erase the .txt extension, the system asked if I wanted to change the extension of this file, checked yes and now everything works!

true, i did this but i thought he did too

my bad BloodyDwarf!
MKP/Bomber/ForGG/Creator/Jjakji/SuperNova/San/Byul/Life/DRG/HerO/Seed
MyFirstProbe
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands294 Posts
January 25 2013 16:21 GMT
#336
Haha, I just played my placement matches on KR server and I didn't meet an actual Korean, it were all americans/europeans.
jinorazi
Profile Joined October 2004
Korea (South)4948 Posts
January 25 2013 16:42 GMT
#337
used regions.xml

works great. great to for fucking once play different sets of custom games available.
age: 84 | location: california | sex: 잘함
zergtat
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Hong Kong853 Posts
January 25 2013 16:42 GMT
#338
wow cool! IT works! I can finally play with my fds with only TW/KR client now!
Z: SEn P: White-Ra T: Polt
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
January 25 2013 16:44 GMT
#339
On January 26 2013 00:46 Phizzik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2013 00:40 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Its name is regions.xml. There are no txt anywhere. But If I go to specifics - > information, there its name is regions.xml.txt but you can't change it there.



Did you try this:

Show nested quote +
On January 25 2013 21:55 Desertfaux wrote:
I just had a problem creating the .xml file on windows 7 and fixed it, so I want to share this. When you create a file (standard .txt) when you save this as regions.xml, it can get saved as regions.xml.txt without you knowing.

I went to Control Panel, 'Appearance and Personalisation' then 'Folder Options' and in the display tab I unchecked 'hide extensions'. This had .txt show up in my starcraft 2 folder, so I could easily erase the .txt extension, the system asked if I wanted to change the extension of this file, checked yes and now everything works!


Thank you. Now its working
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
Phybe
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom21 Posts
January 25 2013 18:31 GMT
#340
I played on the Korea server and got placed in Gold but I can't connect to NA. When I try to connect just nothing happens. So EU to Korea works but EU to NA doesn't. Can anyone help me with that?
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 4
Leta vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 14720
StarCastTV_EN368
Liquipedia
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs PercivalLIVE!
TBD vs Krystianer
CranKy Ducklings105
CranKy Ducklings SOOP18
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko176
OGKoka 51
ProTech36
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 11787
Jaedong 5816
EffOrt 2850
BeSt 1239
actioN 879
Killer 667
Soma 605
ZerO 513
Horang2 493
Pusan 470
[ Show more ]
Zeus 260
Stork 225
Rush 178
JYJ 161
Barracks 121
Mong 55
ToSsGirL 53
HiyA 47
Bale 32
Terrorterran 32
Sexy 31
Sharp 24
Shinee 22
sorry 18
NaDa 18
Sacsri 11
JulyZerg 10
Noble 10
Sea.KH 9
Dota 2
Gorgc5183
XaKoH 429
Dendi5
League of Legends
Reynor47
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_0
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft2326
crisheroes2319
Other Games
gofns63093
singsing1432
olofmeister1333
byalli598
Livibee207
Pyrionflax142
ArmadaUGS51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick513
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream335
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 254
StarCraft 2
WardiTV46
Other Games
BasetradeTV1
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1941
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
12h 50m
Kung Fu Cup
23h 50m
The PondCast
1d 22h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.