• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:11
CEST 12:11
KST 19:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double0Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8700 users

[Interview] Code S Ro32 Group C 2013 GSL Season 1

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Normal
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-24 21:57:44
January 24 2013 12:08 GMT
#1
(T)StarTale_Bomber

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

Tell us how you feel about making it back to the Ro16 after seven seasons.

I am so relieved because I was able to make the Ro16 for the final WoL season. Since this is my first Ro16 in a while, I'm going to work really hard so that I can place real high.

Were you not feeling pressured after you saw who was in your group?

While it's true that Sniper is a champion and a good player, Zergs are all difficult. So I didn't really put too much focus into the matches I had to play but the match against GuMiho was definitely burdensome since we have a history.

You stated that your match against GuMiho was burdensome. But how did you prepare?

I studied my past VODs where I lost to GuMiho and I realized that I followed a kind of pattern during my losses. So I focused on that part and revised it.

Was the reason why you were able to win against Sniper because you have so many good Zergs on your team?

Personally, I view every other Zerg player as exactly the same if they're not Life. Which is why when the time comes for practice, I avoid playing against Life. He plays such a different style that it actually has a negative effect.

Did you prepare for TvPs since HuK was in your group?

I didn't really prepare for TvP. I don't normally practice for TvP anyways so I didn't think there was going to be an issue there.

There are a lot of meanings behind this season. What are your goals for this season?

As of right now, I'm still not good enough to aim for the championship. So right now I'm looking at the Ro8 and beyond. Next season will be HotS so if I can remain in Code S at the start of next season then I think I'll be in a really good position.

You have group nominations ahead of you. Any specific player or race you want to pick?

I don't really care about picking specific players, I just want a majority of Protoss opponents. And then I'll go for Terran, and then go for Zerg. Although, I'm pretty sure a Zerg player will pick me to be in his group regardless of what I say, so if that happens, then I'll retaliate by picking a really good Protoss player for him.

You didn't play on any of the new maps today but you must have played on them. What are your evaluations on the new maps?

I think it's too early to discuss balance for those maps. I think they're all playable overall but Akilon Flats is rather large. I think that's a map that will be easy for Zergs to win on. Other than that, I think they're doable.

Anything else you would like to say?

Originally, the coach was supposed to come today but the head coach came instead because of my request. I want to thank him for coming with me. I want to thank my teammates for helping me with practice and thank our sponsors Red Bull, ZOWIE Gear, and Joy Gear. Lastly, I want to wish the director of Red Bull a congratulations since he is getting married next week.

(T)FXOGuMiho

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

It has been a year since you last busted through the Ro32 wall. How do you feel?

Some time ago, I realized that the Ro16 had become a tall wall. I am so happy since I was able to get through. It was so bad that I almost developed kind of a Ro32 trauma.

How did you prepare for your matches after seeing your group?

Even though I've beaten Bomber plenty of times in the past, I still feel pressured whenever I go up against him. Rather than focus on analysis, I focused on sticking to the basics for today's matches.

You were the player who gave Bomber two straight losses recently but today Bomber forced you to take two straight losses.

I created a really advantageous situation for myself in game one and I still ended up losing. For game two, I think I just lost cause I wasn't focusing. I even knew what his army composition was and yet I still just couldn't pull it off.

Were you intentionally trying to win against HuK in the losers' round by constantly putting on pressure?

For game one, it was just a light aggression. I was able to win because I dealt more damage than I thought I would. For game two, I decided to take the victory because I was expecting a double nexus build. If it turned out not be a double nexus build, then I was just going to back off after putting on a little pressure. I think luck followed me well.

It seemed apparent that you felt pressured during your final match against Sniper.

The Ro32 stage scared me. That was the main reason why I was feeling pressured, it wasn't because my opponent was Sniper.

You have group nominations ahead of you. Any specific player or race you want to face?

I want to go into a group where all three races are involved. That way, I think I'll be able to put on a great performance regardless of who I meet in the quarter finals. A group like today's would be really good.

How do you feel about the new maps?

Honestly, I didn't really get to dissect the new maps yet. I normally dissect them really well but then I realized that I actually forget the basics from time to time when I do that. So I put all my focus on maintaining the basics and didn't focus on dissecting the maps.

You're going to have to understand the new maps eventually because of your upcoming matches.

I won't know for sure until I play on them but I think that Akilon Flats and Neo Planet S don't really have anything special to them. However, I think Icarus has potential for a lot of strategies so I think I'm going to have to practice a lot on that map.

This season's goals?

Around this time last year I was able to get to the semi finals, and then I wasn't able to break the Ro32 wall for a long time. I want to use this season to show everyone everything that I can do for WoL.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank Son Joon Young and Kim Ji Hwang for bringing me my bag. I want to thank my parents and our sponsors RAZER, Twitch.tv, and FXO. Lastly, I want to say to my fans "Thank you for watching my stream!" (NOTE: TIG actually wrote this part in English, which means GuMiho is thanking his foreign fans )
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Acronysis
Profile Joined November 2011
872 Posts
January 24 2013 12:11 GMT
#2
So fast. Thanks for the interviews Seeker! Not sure how I feel about Bomber getting through but at least he's terran. Miss those guys =P
The multiplying villanies of man do swarm upon him.
Ambre
Profile Joined July 2011
France416 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-24 12:13:56
January 24 2013 12:12 GMT
#3
Edit : nvm, I m stupid.

Thx for the interview !
"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self." - Aldous Huxley
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
January 24 2013 12:13 GMT
#4
On January 24 2013 21:12 Ambre wrote:
Wait, what ? I tought the stream was still on now...

Wtf ?


TIG gets the interviews up really fast, Bomber passed the group like 45 mins ago and they already posted it.

Thanks Seeker.
Sumahi
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Guam5609 Posts
January 24 2013 12:19 GMT
#5
Thank you for the lightning fast translation!!! I'm so happy for Bomber today.
Startale <3, ST_July <3, HongUn <3, Savior <3, Gretorp <3, Nada <3, Rainbow <3, Ret <3, Squirtle <3, Bomber <3
Hashmeister
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany238 Posts
January 24 2013 12:41 GMT
#6
thanks for the interview, great stuff like always keep it uP
bit.ly/hashmeister
Ace1123
Profile Joined September 2011
Philippines1187 Posts
January 24 2013 12:50 GMT
#7
Bomber was so good in this play. I hope he will be consistent
ForGG, Mvp, MMA, MarineKing, BoxeR,
Solarsail
Profile Joined July 2012
United Kingdom538 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-24 12:56:19
January 24 2013 12:55 GMT
#8
So Bomber has the best TvP record and:

I don't normally practice for TvP anyways


Then... how?
Everyone left over is a member of the OP race and you have to figure out which one of them is the least OP. - CosmicSpiral
Testuser
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
6469 Posts
January 24 2013 13:00 GMT
#9
Man, I love Bomber ...

Him winning this season would be amazing. I HOPE I DON'T JINX YOU BOMBER, BUT PLEASE DO WELL!
https://soundcloud.com/papercranesdk
Elite_
Profile Joined June 2012
United States4259 Posts
January 24 2013 13:00 GMT
#10
Everyone wants to pick Protoss players and MC is the only one in the ro16 and only 2 are left... lol
NightOfTheDead
Profile Joined August 2009
Lithuania1711 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-24 13:14:14
January 24 2013 13:13 GMT
#11
Wow, cool answers, great play today. Hope he will be as focused as he was in this round, then ro4 is totally achievable for him.
eGoRama
Profile Joined July 2011
Bulgaria1542 Posts
January 24 2013 13:14 GMT
#12
Personally, I view every other Zerg player as exactly the same if they're not Life. Which is why when the time comes for practice, I avoid playing against Life. He plays such a different style that it actually has a negative effect.

Hahhahaha, Life is just awesome. Also good job Bomber and welcome to the round of 16
Taefox
Profile Joined March 2010
1533 Posts
January 24 2013 13:14 GMT
#13
Thanks Seeker for his hard work
@taefoxy
Schelim
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Austria11528 Posts
January 24 2013 13:24 GMT
#14
On January 24 2013 22:14 eGoRama wrote:
Hahhahaha, Life is just awesome.

i gotta agree, it's been awesome lately. the player ST.Life is cool too.


fuck yeah Bomber!! gogo win this shit!!
TY <3 Cure <3 Inno <3 Special <3
bittman
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia8759 Posts
January 24 2013 13:25 GMT
#15
I'm like, refreshing this so bad for Gumiho, but I should probably go to sleep and wake to the interview haha.

Bomber doing the standard interview tactic of calling whatever race the progamer has the worst % against OP without using the term OP.
Mvp - Leenock - Dongraegu - MC - Gumiho - Keen - Polt - Squirtle - Jjakji - Genius - Seed - Life - sC - Dream || LG-IM - MVP - FXO
Confuse
Profile Joined October 2009
2238 Posts
January 24 2013 20:17 GMT
#16
Love love love the life comments. I do think Bomber is wrong though; Nestea, Leenock, and Stephano all have their own styles as well imo. Hope more clear personalities can come out for zerg in the days to come!
If we fear what we do not understand, then why is ignorance bliss?
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
January 24 2013 20:18 GMT
#17
no more benq sponsor :o
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
January 24 2013 20:22 GMT
#18
Very happy Bomber got through :D
Thanks for the interview Seeker!
Moderatorlickypiddy
LockeTazeline
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
2390 Posts
January 24 2013 20:32 GMT
#19
On January 24 2013 21:08 Seeker wrote:
Lastly, I want to wish the Red Bull supervisor a congratulations since he is getting married next week.


Congrats Red Bull supervisor!
coverpunch
Profile Joined December 2011
United States2093 Posts
January 24 2013 20:36 GMT
#20
"Pick a really good Protoss". Lots of faith in Squirtle and Parting or is he just going to choose MC?
sitromit
Profile Joined June 2011
7051 Posts
January 24 2013 20:38 GMT
#21
On January 25 2013 05:18 opterown wrote:
no more benq sponsor :o


Oh shit! That's a good catch. Sad...
danl9rm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States3111 Posts
January 24 2013 20:50 GMT
#22
Would "Red Bull supervisor" be Red Bull representative instead? I don't know a lick of Korean, just wondering since I've never heard of such a thing.
"Science has so well established that the preborn baby in the womb is a living human being that most pro-choice activists have conceded the point. ..since the abortion proponents have lost the science argument, they are now advocating an existential one."
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-24 21:40:36
January 24 2013 21:40 GMT
#23
Thanks Seeker! Where's the GuMiho interview? lol
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
mrRoflpwn
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2618 Posts
January 24 2013 22:00 GMT
#24
Congrats RedBull guy for getting married! Awesome that we get to see more crazy Gumiho aggression in Code S!!!
Long live the Boss Toss!
BuddhaMonk
Profile Joined August 2010
781 Posts
January 24 2013 22:04 GMT
#25
"Did you prepare for TvPs since HuK was in your group?

I didn't really prepare for TvP. I don't normally practice for TvP anyways so I didn't think there was going to be an issue there."

Says the guy with the best TvP on the planet.
Ksquared
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1748 Posts
January 24 2013 22:04 GMT
#26
One less zerg in this Code S me gusta
eSports for life.
Ctesias
Profile Joined December 2012
4595 Posts
January 24 2013 22:17 GMT
#27
Huh, didn't realize it was a whole year since Gumiho reached the ro16 last time. Well, happy to have him back!

Glad that Bomber made it through too. He's been on a tear recently. Wondering how far these guys can go this time.

Thanks for translating.
Flash | Mvp
partydude89
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
1850 Posts
January 24 2013 22:31 GMT
#28
awww, thats so cute that bomber doesn't think he can make it through, he doesn't realize his skill level as well as i do
#1 Official Hack Fan|#2 Bomber behind Wintex.|Curious|Life|Flash|TY|Cure|Maru|sOs|Jin Air Green Wings fighting!|SBENU Fighting!|
bittman
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia8759 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-25 00:36:20
January 25 2013 00:36 GMT
#29
I think Gumiho should be in a group with all three races as well. More fun that way =D
Mvp - Leenock - Dongraegu - MC - Gumiho - Keen - Polt - Squirtle - Jjakji - Genius - Seed - Life - sC - Dream || LG-IM - MVP - FXO
GTPGlitch
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
5061 Posts
January 25 2013 01:46 GMT
#30
gogo Towel Terran :D
Jo Byung Se #1 fan | CJ_Rush(reborn) fan | Liquid'Jinro(ret) fan | Liquid'Taeja fan | oGsTheSuperNada fan | Iris[gm](ret) fan |
Lysergic
Profile Joined December 2010
United States355 Posts
January 25 2013 01:55 GMT
#31
On January 25 2013 05:36 coverpunch wrote:
"Pick a really good Protoss". Lots of faith in Squirtle and Parting or is he just going to choose MC?


Lots of faith that TvP is terran favored. And assumes a zerg will pick him because ZvT is zerg favored.
Talack
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada2742 Posts
January 25 2013 01:59 GMT
#32
On January 25 2013 07:04 BuddhaMonk wrote:
"Did you prepare for TvPs since HuK was in your group?

I didn't really prepare for TvP. I don't normally practice for TvP anyways so I didn't think there was going to be an issue there."

Says the guy with the best TvP on the planet.


The matchup hasn't changed since the game came out so there isn't really anything new to learn
Atrbyg
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States513 Posts
January 25 2013 02:15 GMT
#33
Yay glad that Bomber and Gumiho made it through.

I remember watching Gumiho's stream when this marauder micro happened

neggro
Profile Joined August 2012
United States591 Posts
January 25 2013 02:45 GMT
#34
Terran love baby
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
January 25 2013 03:01 GMT
#35
I just want a majority of Protoss opponents


No way that's happening unless he grabs MC, who also said he wanted to play against a protoss.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-25 05:11:09
January 25 2013 05:10 GMT
#36
On January 25 2013 12:01 BrokenMirage wrote:
Show nested quote +
I just want a majority of Protoss opponents


No way that's happening unless he grabs MC, who also said he wanted to play against a protoss.

Last year for the first season they used the previous year's final GSL point standings to decide who got to pick. They way things stand now, the point ranking is (1) Mvp, (2) Sniper, (3)DongRaeGu, (4) Life, (5) Seed, (6) MC. Since Sniper and Seed are already eliminated/didnt qualify, MC will automatically be in the top 4 in points in the ro16. MC is guaranteed to be the first person in his group so he is unpickable. At best, he will have the #2 pick, at worst #4 as things stand. *Unless they change how they are doing it
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 3
Soma vs Jaedong
Afreeca ASL 8626
StarCastTV_EN153
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 265
Lowko149
ProTech65
Rex 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 5957
EffOrt 2355
Larva 1263
BeSt 1010
Horang2 703
Hyuk 578
ZerO 439
Zeus 205
soO 165
Hyun 131
[ Show more ]
Stork 129
Killer 105
Light 94
Barracks 93
Rush 65
Shinee 59
Yoon 41
Bale 30
ToSsGirL 28
Terrorterran 25
Mong 24
PianO 22
Sacsri 14
HiyA 11
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
XaKoH 642
XcaliburYe302
League of Legends
KnowMe4
Counter-Strike
byalli732
Other Games
singsing1666
olofmeister1540
crisheroes226
Livibee183
Sick130
ArmadaUGS61
Mew2King48
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 117
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH317
• StrangeGG 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1997
• Stunt364
Other Games
• WagamamaTV144
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
49m
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 49m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 49m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 49m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.