• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:27
CEST 00:27
KST 07:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8437 users

Eve joins AZUBU - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
BrassMonkey27
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada616 Posts
December 20 2012 07:12 GMT
#141
On December 20 2012 12:21 Fission wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 20 2012 12:12 Zaqwe wrote:
On December 20 2012 11:14 Uncreative_Troll wrote:
I am unaware of any female who has taken a single professional match off a male in SC2. Eve would indeed be the first to my knowledge, if she ever accomplishes that.


http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Flo
Flo gained some attention again when she took a game off iNcontroL in the fourth round of the losers' bracket of MLG Fall 2012, although she ultimately lost 2-1 and got knocked out of the tournament.

Not quite what I was hoping for, no offense to incontrol. Technicalities being what they are, I am proven wrong.

Perhaps Eve could make a splash by being the first female to win a broadcast game (I assume flo vs incontrol wouldn't have been broadcast).

On December 20 2012 11:23 Mortal wrote:
On December 20 2012 10:59 Zaqwe wrote:
On December 20 2012 10:52 decado90 wrote:
On December 20 2012 10:50 Zaqwe wrote:
On December 20 2012 10:37 HappyTimePANDA wrote:
Nice to say she'll be as good as the male players but everyone knows she is there for eye candy. Which I'm fine with but I think we all know we will never see her win a major tounament. Best of luck to her though.

She doesn't need to win a tournament to be competitive.

If she can even get enough skill to take a game off a top male progamer it will be a huge breakthrough for female progamers in sc2. I remember seeing Tossgirl win a match once in BW. It would be nice to see a female win even once in sc2.


Her game against Sniper was by far the worst display of skill in GSL history and was insulting to the viewers tbh.

I thought it was cute.

But maybe she is better with protoss. I don't expec AZUBU to field her at all if she isn't, but if she can even get good enough to snipe one match for them in GSTL it would be impressive.

On December 20 2012 10:54 Fission wrote:
On December 20 2012 10:50 Zaqwe wrote:
On December 20 2012 10:37 HappyTimePANDA wrote:
Nice to say she'll be as good as the male players but everyone knows she is there for eye candy. Which I'm fine with but I think we all know we will never see her win a major tounament. Best of luck to her though.

She doesn't need to win a tournament to be competitive.

If she can even get enough skill to take a game off a top male progamer it will be a huge breakthrough for female progamers in sc2. I remember seeing Tossgirl win a match once in BW. It would be nice to see a female win even once in sc2.


Scarlett already owns top male progamers, it's not like Eve would be the first.

You will be disappointed to learn that Scarlett is transgender (biologically male).

I am unaware of any female who has taken a single professional match off a male in SC2. Eve would indeed be the first to my knowledge, if she ever accomplishes that.


The level of density in your post is staggering. It wasn't cute, it was a waste of time. And claiming Scarlett is "technically" male is a fucking joke. She's easily the best female player I can think of off hand (significantly above Flo, Eve, Aphro).

Edit: Sorry for one post after another; just noticed this after post and formatting meh.

I am not sure why you put "technically" in quotes. I never used that word.

Scarlett is a biologically male transgender. Scarlett is very good, but is not biologically female.

Let's not diminish any future achievements from women by comparing them to someone who is biologically/genetically male. It would be huge if Eve can really compete in leagues like GSTL and win games for her team.

Scarlett would also win an arm wrestling match against Eve, but it would be no indication that Eve is weak by female standards.


Take your transphobia and ignorance elsewhere, please.



Oh quiet down with that PC bullshit.. Scarlett's a fantastic SC2 player and seems like a great person to be around. Pointing out that she was once a man is NOT INCORRECT. Her birth certificate presumably has "M" beside the gender designation.

Its one thing to be accepting of someone who is transexual and wants to be recognized as a woman, its a completely different story to ignore the facts in the name of being politically correct.

I'm sorry.. but stuff like this pisses me off.
HoneyBadger.784 Diamond KR "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Drake
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany6146 Posts
December 20 2012 07:44 GMT
#142
why in all news shes listet as protoss now ? O_o
Nb.Drake / CoL_Drake / Original Joined TL.net Tuesday, 15th of March 2005
WeRRa
Profile Joined December 2010
378 Posts
December 20 2012 07:45 GMT
#143
On December 20 2012 16:44 CoR wrote:
why in all news shes listet as protoss now ? O_o

She switched to protoss a while ago.
InnoVation Fighting!!!
Relentless`
Profile Joined July 2012
United States151 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-20 07:53:39
December 20 2012 07:49 GMT
#144
Aren't these threads supposed to be moderated? Is the OP identifying coverage of Eve's recruitment to Azubu or am I blind? Do us all a favor. Take your ignorance / jealousy for Scarlett's success as a female pro gamer and bury it along with yourself in a deep hole somewhere. I know commenting on the actual topic of the thread is such a daunting task but maybe with a little effort... miracles can happen. Also, if http://i.imgur.com/mpGVG.png is real and not fabricated, it looks like she has some growing up to do.

On topic it's cool to see Azubu grow and develop this full-fledged SC2 team. Violet has had an amazing 2012 and it will be pretty exciting to see joined by some other great names in the scene. GL Azubu!
"Every man dies, not every man really lives." - William Wallace
where_
Profile Joined July 2011
Australia53 Posts
December 20 2012 08:40 GMT
#145
On December 20 2012 16:12 BrassMonkey27 wrote:
Oh quiet down with that PC bullshit.. Scarlett's a fantastic SC2 player and seems like a great person to be around. Pointing out that she was once a man is NOT INCORRECT. Her birth certificate presumably has "M" beside the gender designation.

Its one thing to be accepting of someone who is transexual and wants to be recognized as a woman, its a completely different story to ignore the facts in the name of being politically correct.

I'm sorry.. but stuff like this pisses me off.

Pretty sure that it would say that she's Female on her birth certificate. Either way, Scarlett's birth gender is completely irrelevant to both the thread and the point you're making. Not to suggest that you're an ignorant person or anything of that sort, but I think it would do you good to meet/talk with some transgender people about the issue, because it seems quite clear to me that you're lacking perspective and a proper appreciation/understanding of it.

On December 20 2012 16:49 Relentless` wrote:
Also, if http://i.imgur.com/mpGVG.png is real and not fabricated, it looks like she has some growing up to do.

I don't know if that's entirely the case, that line of thinkning towards homosexuals/transgender individuals is still pretty mainstream in Korea, to my knowledge.


All that said, if she's come all the way from Gold to Masters then it at least shows she's dedicated to improving. GL to her and AZUBU!
Confuse
Profile Joined October 2009
2238 Posts
December 20 2012 08:44 GMT
#146
incoming eve x violet? :D good luck eve! tear it up and join scarlett : )
If we fear what we do not understand, then why is ignorance bliss?
randoomguy
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden82 Posts
December 20 2012 08:49 GMT
#147
On December 20 2012 13:11 Dodgin wrote:
If she is still sticking with the game at this point when popularity is declining and there are no easy money opportunities for being a cheerleader I think It's safe to say she's serious about trying to be competitive. I think It's really silly that Naniwa can't get on a team and Eve who has no success has found one though. Either way good luck and I hope Azubu will be successful in GSTL.

Unless it turns out they're paying her a ton of money to not be very good and sit on the bench for GSTL and never play, then that would be silly and I take it back.


Naniwa has stated that he is in talk with several teams both koreans and foreigners, he just hasn't decided, stop claiming false facts, he could get a team immedietely but choosing the right one is kinda important ^^
FAIRY TAIL WILL ALWAYS WATCH OVER ME
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
December 20 2012 08:50 GMT
#148
Wait she re rolled? Thought she was a terran xD

Grats to both parties
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
Azurues
Profile Joined March 2011
Malaysia5612 Posts
December 20 2012 08:50 GMT
#149
not as mascot?lmao
SXGCoil
Profile Joined February 2012
United States341 Posts
December 20 2012 08:55 GMT
#150
On December 20 2012 16:12 BrassMonkey27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 20 2012 12:21 Fission wrote:
On December 20 2012 12:12 Zaqwe wrote:
On December 20 2012 11:14 Uncreative_Troll wrote:
I am unaware of any female who has taken a single professional match off a male in SC2. Eve would indeed be the first to my knowledge, if she ever accomplishes that.


http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Flo
Flo gained some attention again when she took a game off iNcontroL in the fourth round of the losers' bracket of MLG Fall 2012, although she ultimately lost 2-1 and got knocked out of the tournament.

Not quite what I was hoping for, no offense to incontrol. Technicalities being what they are, I am proven wrong.

Perhaps Eve could make a splash by being the first female to win a broadcast game (I assume flo vs incontrol wouldn't have been broadcast).

On December 20 2012 11:23 Mortal wrote:
On December 20 2012 10:59 Zaqwe wrote:
On December 20 2012 10:52 decado90 wrote:
On December 20 2012 10:50 Zaqwe wrote:
On December 20 2012 10:37 HappyTimePANDA wrote:
Nice to say she'll be as good as the male players but everyone knows she is there for eye candy. Which I'm fine with but I think we all know we will never see her win a major tounament. Best of luck to her though.

She doesn't need to win a tournament to be competitive.

If she can even get enough skill to take a game off a top male progamer it will be a huge breakthrough for female progamers in sc2. I remember seeing Tossgirl win a match once in BW. It would be nice to see a female win even once in sc2.


Her game against Sniper was by far the worst display of skill in GSL history and was insulting to the viewers tbh.

I thought it was cute.

But maybe she is better with protoss. I don't expec AZUBU to field her at all if she isn't, but if she can even get good enough to snipe one match for them in GSTL it would be impressive.

On December 20 2012 10:54 Fission wrote:
On December 20 2012 10:50 Zaqwe wrote:
On December 20 2012 10:37 HappyTimePANDA wrote:
Nice to say she'll be as good as the male players but everyone knows she is there for eye candy. Which I'm fine with but I think we all know we will never see her win a major tounament. Best of luck to her though.

She doesn't need to win a tournament to be competitive.

If she can even get enough skill to take a game off a top male progamer it will be a huge breakthrough for female progamers in sc2. I remember seeing Tossgirl win a match once in BW. It would be nice to see a female win even once in sc2.


Scarlett already owns top male progamers, it's not like Eve would be the first.

You will be disappointed to learn that Scarlett is transgender (biologically male).

I am unaware of any female who has taken a single professional match off a male in SC2. Eve would indeed be the first to my knowledge, if she ever accomplishes that.


The level of density in your post is staggering. It wasn't cute, it was a waste of time. And claiming Scarlett is "technically" male is a fucking joke. She's easily the best female player I can think of off hand (significantly above Flo, Eve, Aphro).

Edit: Sorry for one post after another; just noticed this after post and formatting meh.

I am not sure why you put "technically" in quotes. I never used that word.

Scarlett is a biologically male transgender. Scarlett is very good, but is not biologically female.

Let's not diminish any future achievements from women by comparing them to someone who is biologically/genetically male. It would be huge if Eve can really compete in leagues like GSTL and win games for her team.

Scarlett would also win an arm wrestling match against Eve, but it would be no indication that Eve is weak by female standards.


Take your transphobia and ignorance elsewhere, please.



Oh quiet down with that PC bullshit.. Scarlett's a fantastic SC2 player and seems like a great person to be around. Pointing out that she was once a man is NOT INCORRECT. Her birth certificate presumably has "M" beside the gender designation.

Its one thing to be accepting of someone who is transexual and wants to be recognized as a woman, its a completely different story to ignore the facts in the name of being politically correct.

I'm sorry.. but stuff like this pisses me off.


Thought I recognized your name, you've gotten banned quite a few times and it's not hard to see why.

on topic though, glad to see a team that actually markets picks up Eve, I presume we'll be see a lot of her from now on.
SuperEight
Profile Joined December 2011
United States333 Posts
December 20 2012 08:56 GMT
#151
Good for Eve! I'm happy to see her find a new team. I will look forward to the continuation of her career as a progamer.
To rest is to rust; to be active is to achieve.
Asturas
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Finland587 Posts
December 20 2012 09:03 GMT
#152
Interesting. Hopefully she will play in some tournaments now. I don't see girls playing that much :/ Or I am just blind
There are no boundaries, that's the final conclusion.
[F_]aths
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany3947 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-20 09:18:27
December 20 2012 09:16 GMT
#153
The first female progamer ever appeared in a GSL match.

Okay, she lost her match.

Versus Sniper.

While offracing.
You don't choose to play zerg. The zerg choose you.
TheSwamp
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1497 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-20 09:22:25
December 20 2012 09:21 GMT
#154
NVM
MLG: How is your Protoss? Idra: I make Blink Stalkers, so really, really good.
paradoxOO9
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1123 Posts
December 20 2012 09:29 GMT
#155
Violets comment on it made me smile. Congrats Eve!
WhiteSatin
Profile Joined December 2012
United States308 Posts
December 20 2012 09:39 GMT
#156
I remember she felt so sad when she lost in the GSTL team league match.
I hope she can achieve what she wants.

Also, I thought she was T, why is the name in OP a P ?
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
December 20 2012 09:45 GMT
#157
Seeker can you just put that she switched to protoss a few months back but was forced to play terran in GSTL because Slayers never updated the roster? Every other post is asking why she is listed as P and not T
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Brian333
Profile Joined August 2010
657 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-20 10:30:21
December 20 2012 10:01 GMT
#158
My understanding of what it means to be a transgender individual is that your own perception of your gender identity does not match your biologically assigned gender at birth. If I'm wrong, please excuse my ignorance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_verification_in_sports

With that said, I would just like to start by saying that it's obviously a controversial and two-sided issue in regards to gender identity and classifications within sports achievements and competition. The simple truth is men and women are biologically different and their differences result in differing strengths and weaknesses. Societal biases and prejudices over the history of our kind has also led to behavioral conditioning that puts both genders in disadvantages in some conditions.

I recognize Scarlett as a female. If that is what she considers herself, then that is what she is. Ideally, no separation should be made between the results of male competitors and female competitors, however, if we are to differentiate between gender in regards to results for whatever reason and if Scarlett is indeed biologically male, for the sake of competitive integrity, I just can't consider her results to be those of a female's before we fully understand gender's effects on the human brain and body. I don't know if she has undergone sex reassignment surgery or hormonal therapy, and quite frankly, that is none of my business.

It's like pro-life vs. pro-choice. As it stands now, on a reasonable level, there is a genuine debate and I'm just expressing my stance from one side of the argument. People will disagree and I fully understand and respect their position as well. It's one of those issues where neither side is right and both opinions should be honored. Eve saying the things she did (if that image is real) doesn't mean she is childish.
WhiteSatin
Profile Joined December 2012
United States308 Posts
December 20 2012 10:08 GMT
#159
On December 20 2012 19:01 Brian333 wrote:
My understanding of what it means to be a transgender individual is that your own perception of your gender identity does not match your biologically assigned gender at birth. If I'm wrong, please excuse my ignorance.


I know a transgender and it is exactly as you say.

They feel like they are born in the wrong body.

I know someone just like Scarlett who started changing sex very early on in her life. It is definitely something very difficult to describe for people who do not live it and I feel even if I try my very best I will never be able to quite understand the difficulty and hardship period that you have to go through. Whoever claims stupid stuff about Scarlett is merely ignorant and does not understand this particular subject matter
Xoronius
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany6362 Posts
December 20 2012 10:24 GMT
#160
Azubu planning on participating at GSTL is very pleasant; they seem to be quite rich and more money in the GSTL can´t be bad. Also congratz to Eve, hope to see her outside of korea soon, it would be quite interesting to see, how Eve/Aphrodite would do against foreign competition.

Btw. guys, I came to the conclusion, that Chuck Norris is most likely male. I thought it might be relevant, because it has as much to do with the actual topic, as the current discussion has.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 114
ViBE54
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 591
Artosis 300
Zeus 61
910 31
Dota 2
monkeys_forever501
League of Legends
JimRising 476
Counter-Strike
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS97
PPMD37
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5545
Liquid`Hasu1579
Other Games
summit1g7170
shahzam607
byalli390
C9.Mang0229
Trikslyr40
ZombieGrub2
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream165
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 98
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki42
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 34m
Kung Fu Cup
12h 34m
Stellar Fest
14h 34m
The PondCast
1d 11h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.