• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:58
CEST 12:58
KST 19:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double0Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9674 users

[Poll] 2012 GSL Grand Final Awards - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
319 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15 16 Next All
zerious
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3803 Posts
December 13 2012 12:45 GMT
#81
On December 13 2012 21:41 Derez wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2012 21:38 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On December 13 2012 21:34 FakeDeath wrote:
No idea why HerO is 2nd.

By the way, how does this voting system works?

I assumed it does not only take in TL communities vote also other Korean websites?


I agree, he should be first. Though hard to vote against Mvp.

Also lol, it should show who voted for Sniper and those people should have to post an explanation.

Name one memorable hero GSL game. I've been trying and I can't do it.

Makes me wonder what all those people voting for Hero have seen of him in the GSL that I haven't. Even Hero's deep runs end with him eventually being smashed by a player that's better on all fronts.


it's a popularity poll, calm ddown
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-13 12:47:23
December 13 2012 12:45 GMT
#82
On December 13 2012 21:41 Derez wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2012 21:38 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On December 13 2012 21:34 FakeDeath wrote:
No idea why HerO is 2nd.

By the way, how does this voting system works?

I assumed it does not only take in TL communities vote also other Korean websites?


I agree, he should be first. Though hard to vote against Mvp.

Also lol, it should show who voted for Sniper and those people should have to post an explanation.

Name one memorable hero GSL game. I've been trying and I can't do it.

Makes me wonder what all those people voting for Hero have seen of him in the GSL that I haven't. Even Hero's deep runs end with him eventually being smashed by a player that's better on all fronts.


Memorable? HerO vs Leenock, though I feel bad for even mentioning that game and if you wanna stay a sane person DO NOT WATCH IT.
I've seen every game he played in the GSL and he just plays awesome games. His series vs Symbol & Ryung were really good, his Ro4 run was really impressive and well played, etc.
He's a fan favorite because of his playstyle, that's why he's that high up. And I get it, he's my favorite player too.

Also his first run was ended by Squirtle whom HerO is currently WAY outperforming, Rain is kinda slumping too I guess while HerO is winning tournaments so you can't really call them better on all fronts.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
MirageTaN
Profile Joined June 2012
Singapore871 Posts
December 13 2012 12:47 GMT
#83
NO POLT!!!! WHY GSL!?

Anyway the closest thing to Polt is TaeJa
And everyone agrees that MVP vs Squirtle was breath-taking
TL FTW
#TLWIN TI7, TLDota BEST TL
MirageTaN
Profile Joined June 2012
Singapore871 Posts
December 13 2012 12:48 GMT
#84
Rain isn't slumping , he is stubborn in his playstyle and is being figured out
he plays way too safe
#TLWIN TI7, TLDota BEST TL
padfoota
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Taiwan1571 Posts
December 13 2012 12:54 GMT
#85
absolutely zero arguments on Mvp vs Squirtle finals being the most epic finals
Stop procrastinating
bittman
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia8759 Posts
December 13 2012 12:56 GMT
#86
I was thinking that the best game shouldn't be MVP vs squirtle, but then I thought about it and there are so many games in there I have a clear image in my drunken mind of how they looked. Good games don't always need to be the closest, but most memorable. MVP vs squirtle was memorable for sure.
Mvp - Leenock - Dongraegu - MC - Gumiho - Keen - Polt - Squirtle - Jjakji - Genius - Seed - Life - sC - Dream || LG-IM - MVP - FXO
FakeDeath
Profile Joined January 2011
Malaysia6060 Posts
December 13 2012 12:57 GMT
#87
On December 13 2012 21:45 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2012 21:41 Derez wrote:
On December 13 2012 21:38 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On December 13 2012 21:34 FakeDeath wrote:
No idea why HerO is 2nd.

By the way, how does this voting system works?

I assumed it does not only take in TL communities vote also other Korean websites?


I agree, he should be first. Though hard to vote against Mvp.

Also lol, it should show who voted for Sniper and those people should have to post an explanation.

Name one memorable hero GSL game. I've been trying and I can't do it.

Makes me wonder what all those people voting for Hero have seen of him in the GSL that I haven't. Even Hero's deep runs end with him eventually being smashed by a player that's better on all fronts.


Memorable? HerO vs Leenock, though I feel bad for even mentioning that game and if you wanna stay a sane person DO NOT WATCH IT.
I've seen every game he played in the GSL and he just plays awesome games. His series vs Symbol & Ryung were really good, his Ro4 run was really impressive and well played, etc.
He's a fan favorite because of his playstyle, that's why he's that high up. And I get it, he's my favorite player too.

Also his first run was ended by Squirtle whom HerO is currently WAY outperforming, Rain is kinda slumping too I guess while HerO is winning tournaments so you can't really call them better on all fronts.


Reach Ro4 got 3-0 by Squirtle.
Reach Ro8 got 3-0 by Rain.

Reason why HerO got so many votes
1.TL player
2.Playstyle is fun and interesting to watch back in PvZ.
3.Some people calling him Mini-Bisu.
4.Recently won NASL and Dreamhack back to back.

This is just a popularity poll after all.
People shouldn't fret too much about it.
Play your best
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-13 12:59:47
December 13 2012 12:59 GMT
#88
On December 13 2012 21:41 Derez wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2012 21:38 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On December 13 2012 21:34 FakeDeath wrote:
No idea why HerO is 2nd.

By the way, how does this voting system works?

I assumed it does not only take in TL communities vote also other Korean websites?


I agree, he should be first. Though hard to vote against Mvp.

Also lol, it should show who voted for Sniper and those people should have to post an explanation.

Name one memorable hero GSL game. I've been trying and I can't do it.

Makes me wonder what all those people voting for Hero have seen of him in the GSL that I haven't. Even Hero's deep runs end with him eventually being smashed by a player that's better on all fronts.

hero vs. soulkey, last season.
hero vs. leenock, season before.
lolol
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
FakeDeath
Profile Joined January 2011
Malaysia6060 Posts
December 13 2012 13:00 GMT
#89
On December 13 2012 21:56 bittman wrote:
I was thinking that the best game shouldn't be MVP vs squirtle, but then I thought about it and there are so many games in there I have a clear image in my drunken mind of how they looked. Good games don't always need to be the closest, but most memorable. MVP vs squirtle was memorable for sure.


MVP only terran to go for mass BC+ghosts against Toss in a top-tiered game.

That itself make it memorable.

Tell me how often do you see BCs in TvP?
Literally almost none.

Play your best
CrazyBirdman
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany3509 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-13 13:01:52
December 13 2012 13:01 GMT
#90
On December 13 2012 21:59 opterown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2012 21:41 Derez wrote:
On December 13 2012 21:38 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On December 13 2012 21:34 FakeDeath wrote:
No idea why HerO is 2nd.

By the way, how does this voting system works?

I assumed it does not only take in TL communities vote also other Korean websites?


I agree, he should be first. Though hard to vote against Mvp.

Also lol, it should show who voted for Sniper and those people should have to post an explanation.

Name one memorable hero GSL game. I've been trying and I can't do it.

Makes me wonder what all those people voting for Hero have seen of him in the GSL that I haven't. Even Hero's deep runs end with him eventually being smashed by a player that's better on all fronts.

hero vs. soulkey, last season.
hero vs. leenock, season before.
lolol

Don't fucking remind me of that.
I still cringe when thinking of that game (the Soulkey one). Even worse than the Leenock game.
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-13 13:05:11
December 13 2012 13:04 GMT
#91
MVP vs Squirtle (dem cruisers o_o;)

MVP (still making finals and even won one of them and came an inch from winning the 2nd)

LG-IM (still the best, consecutive champs this year and one with each race...now about that GSTL...)
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
Rescawen
Profile Joined April 2010
Finland1028 Posts
December 13 2012 13:05 GMT
#92
On December 13 2012 22:04 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
MVP vs Squirtle (dem cruisers o_o;)

MVP

LG-IM


Exactly my thoughts, since nestea got favorite player last year, Mvp should get it this year
Nisyax
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Netherlands756 Posts
December 13 2012 13:06 GMT
#93
I am still sad about the battlecruisers
Serelitz
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands2895 Posts
December 13 2012 13:08 GMT
#94
Too bad MVP-Rain isn't on the matchup list, definitely my favourite.
FakeDeath
Profile Joined January 2011
Malaysia6060 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-13 13:09:14
December 13 2012 13:09 GMT
#95
On December 13 2012 22:06 Nisyax wrote:
I am still sad about the battlecruisers


If only he could have EMP-ed Squirtle Mothership, the fight could have turned out differently.
Quite sad MVP didn't seen that Mamaship coming.

I still remember MVP clustered his BCs for just a second and Squirtle Mamaship came up from the high ground and vortex those BCs.

Then 3/3 BCs just melted to 3/3 Archons.

It was depressing to watch.T.T
Play your best
LeLfe
Profile Joined February 2011
France3160 Posts
December 13 2012 13:12 GMT
#96
Mvp - Squirtle
Mvp
LG-IM
Writer for Red bull (Fr) and Iron Squid (En/Fr) @ClemLeLfe on twitter
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
December 13 2012 13:12 GMT
#97
Gumiho vs MMA
Life
Startale
AdministratorBreak the chains
poorcloud
Profile Joined April 2011
Singapore2748 Posts
December 13 2012 13:20 GMT
#98
On December 13 2012 22:09 FakeDeath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2012 22:06 Nisyax wrote:
I am still sad about the battlecruisers


If only he could have EMP-ed Squirtle Mothership, the fight could have turned out differently.
Quite sad MVP didn't seen that Mamaship coming.

I still remember MVP clustered his BCs for just a second and Squirtle Mamaship came up from the high ground and vortex those BCs.

Then 3/3 BCs just melted to 3/3 Archons.

It was depressing to watch.T.T


Depressing but without that, we wouldn't have that epic finale and think so fondly of it now. That was seriously such an amazing end to the series.

One of the rare few moments that really got me fist pumping hysterically in front of my computer.
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
December 13 2012 13:20 GMT
#99
Mvp
Mvp
Mvp. I mean IM.
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
Badfatpanda
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States9719 Posts
December 13 2012 13:20 GMT
#100
WTF Seriously? Why in the fuck would ANYONE who saw both games vote for Mvp Squirtle over so many of these others, please reply I can't fathom how anyone's brain could function like that. He made BCs then proceeded to get horrifically destroyed in a horrendous engagement. He would have won if he had micro'd it properly but didn't for whatever reason and people think it's a good match? It's like if Moon killed every drone he had to make pure baneling supply and detonated them right before they hit 150 marines, would that have been a good game?

MMA Gumiho was amazing, only thing better would be if it was game 5 >< One of the greatest SC2 games I've ever seen in my life let alone this year.
Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy. -Beethoven | Mech isn't a build, it's a way of life. -MajOr | Charlie.Sheen: "What is sarcastic, kids who have no courage to fight?" | #TerranPride #yolo #swag -Naama after 2-0'ing MC at HSC VI
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 3
Soma vs JaedongLIVE!
Afreeca ASL 15072
StarCastTV_EN354
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 310
Lowko283
ProTech122
Rex 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 11348
EffOrt 5588
BeSt 1602
ZerO 1142
Larva 1056
Hyuk 852
Horang2 753
Hyun 268
Zeus 251
Stork 194
[ Show more ]
Killer 194
Light 184
Barracks 136
Rush 78
Shinee 42
ToSsGirL 39
Terrorterran 29
Bale 28
Mong 22
PianO 21
Sacsri 19
sorry 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
HiyA 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
XaKoH 762
Dendi329
League of Legends
KnowMe38
Counter-Strike
byalli794
Other Games
singsing1870
olofmeister1526
crisheroes288
Sick178
Pyrionflax170
Mew2King51
ArmadaUGS10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream374
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 202
lovetv 7
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH296
• StrangeGG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1835
Other Games
• WagamamaTV173
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
2m
IntoTheiNu 174
Rex72
WardiTV60
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 2m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 2m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.