• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:41
CEST 11:41
KST 18:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9483 users

[Interview] Winners of the GSL World Championship

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
wozzot
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1227 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-03 05:11:30
December 03 2012 04:59 GMT
#1
mods plz add "2012" to the thread title, ty

Coach ST_ESC
(P)ST_Squirtle
(Z)MVP_DongRaeGu
(Z)ST_Life
(P)SK_MC
(P)IM_Seed

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

First of all, please tell us your thoughts about taking the victory today.

ESC: It was quite fun. I did think that we would win, but I felt some tension once the situation turned precarious, which made the matches more exciting.

Seed: I'd anticipated that the games would be difficult because there were so many Zergs on the World All-Star team, but I didn't think that it would be so hard. The foreign players were better than I'd thought, and I think it's possible to say openly now that both the Koreans and the foreigners are highly skilled players. I feel great that we've won, and I would also like to participate next time.

Squirtle: I feel really good that the Korean All-Stars were able to win, and I feel even better because I managed to win as the final ace. I was crushed by Stephano at the Red Bull tournament, so I'm very happy that I was able to get my revenge here.

DongRaeGu: I lost all of my games both yesterday and today, so I'm very sorry that I was only able to be an inconvenience. It's great that the Korean players were able to do well and win. It was an honor to face the strongest foreign players in the world, and it was a good experience for me.

MC: I feel that I wasn't helpful to the team. All I did was lose twice to Stephano, so I'll have to make sure that I win if we meet next time.

Life: I did well because my hands were nimble today, and I'm in a good mood because of my strong performance. My results haven't been so great nowadays, so I'll make sure to do better from now on.

Was there a reason that Life was sent out at the forefront?

ESC: Life was meant to be a throwaway. He hasn't performed well in ZvZ within our team and was the weakest player against Zerg out of the five Korean All-Stars, so I decided to deploy him first. However, Life played better than I thought he would, so I hope that he continues to perform just as well.

When you were sent out today, how many kills were you planning to perform?

Life: My goal was an all-kill, and I'd believed that I would be able to achieve one. It's unfortunate that I threw away my army and lost the last game despite being in an advantageous position.

Your loss against Scarlett yesterday has become a hot topic. Didn't you feel shocked when you lost?

DongRaeGu: I wasn't particularly shocked. Because I only played until the early game or mid-game during my IPL games, I decided to stretch this match out. Scarlett played better than I had thought she would, and I think that I have things to learn from this match for the future. She's far better than I'd thought (laughs).

You played mind games with Stephano through the in-game chat.

MC: I've played many games with Stephano before and had lots of chats with him, so it was for fun.

Didn't you feel worried when you were sent out as the ace for the final set?

Squirtle: I did have my worries, but not enough to put a strain on me. I had a feeling that we would lose if I was unable to win, so I focused as much as possible during my match.

Please tell us any last words that you may have.

ESC: First of all, I'm thankful to the Korean All-Star players for going through a lot of trouble together. Since this was an event match, we focused on showing entertaining games rather than dwelling too much on winning or losing. Our players didn't show off their full skill level this time, so I hope that people enjoy these games casually.

Seed: After yesterday's Proleague-format match, people criticized me because they felt that I went too far with my ceremony. While foreigners may not be familiar with such ceremonies, we're very accustomed to performing them during our team leagues. I think that there was a clash between our cultures, so I hope that there are no misunderstandings.
(ノ´∀`*)ノ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♪ ♫ (✌゚∀゚)☞ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♫ ♫ (ノ´_ゝ`)ノ彡 ┻━┻
Tachion
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada8573 Posts
December 03 2012 05:08 GMT
#2

Seed: After yesterday's Proleague-format match, people criticized me because they felt that I went too far with my ceremony. While foreigners may not be familiar with such ceremonies, we're very accustomed to performing them during our team leagues. I think that there was a clash between our cultures, so I hope that there are no misunderstandings.

It's unfortunate that he thinks it may have caused a bad reaction, because from the LR thread most everyone was praising him for it and laughing about it. <3 Seed.
i was driving down the road this november eve and spotted a hitchhiker walking down the street. i pulled over and saw that it was only a tree. i uprooted it and put it in my trunk. do trees like marshmallow peeps? cause that's all i have and will have.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
December 03 2012 05:10 GMT
#3
o.O life's zvz, interesting
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
RiceAgainst
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States1849 Posts
December 03 2012 05:11 GMT
#4
Hehe, MC. Even though I love MC, I enjoyed him and Stephano messing around. I think next year, Team USA can and will win.
Just_a_Moth
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada1971 Posts
December 03 2012 05:11 GMT
#5
What did Seed do?
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-03 05:11:41
December 03 2012 05:11 GMT
#6
I thought Seed was hilarious in the Lucifron game. I wish more players would do some cheeky ceremonies
On December 03 2012 14:11 coasts wrote:
What did Seed do?

danced his zealots and built 3 manner nexuses
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Entirety
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
1423 Posts
December 03 2012 05:24 GMT
#7
I'm glad Team Korea won. Even if they were trying to show off entertaining games, they still managed to take it home. Korea needs to dominate these Korea vs. World matches and retain their place at the top.
IMMvp (정종현) | Fan Club: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=211431
will216
Profile Joined August 2012
United States185 Posts
December 03 2012 05:27 GMT
#8
On December 03 2012 14:11 Shellshock1122 wrote:
I thought Seed was hilarious in the Lucifron game. I wish more players would do some cheeky ceremonies
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2012 14:11 coasts wrote:
What did Seed do?

danced his zealots and built 3 manner nexuses

If you watch the GSL Koreans do that shit all the time. Anybody remember when Life danced lings in front of Teaja base. ( was it Rain? )
I'm not the greatest , but I will be one day ...
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
December 03 2012 05:28 GMT
#9
On December 03 2012 14:27 will216 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2012 14:11 Shellshock1122 wrote:
I thought Seed was hilarious in the Lucifron game. I wish more players would do some cheeky ceremonies
On December 03 2012 14:11 coasts wrote:
What did Seed do?

danced his zealots and built 3 manner nexuses

If you watch the GSL Koreans do that shit all the time. Anybody remember when Life danced lings in front of Teaja base. ( was it Rain? )


MarineKing.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
December 03 2012 05:31 GMT
#10
On December 03 2012 14:08 Tachion wrote:
Show nested quote +

Seed: After yesterday's Proleague-format match, people criticized me because they felt that I went too far with my ceremony. While foreigners may not be familiar with such ceremonies, we're very accustomed to performing them during our team leagues. I think that there was a clash between our cultures, so I hope that there are no misunderstandings.

It's unfortunate that he thinks it may have caused a bad reaction, because from the LR thread most everyone was praising him for it and laughing about it. <3 Seed.


People will complain about anything.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
aviator116
Profile Joined November 2011
United States820 Posts
December 03 2012 05:32 GMT
#11
On December 03 2012 14:11 Shellshock1122 wrote:
I thought Seed was hilarious in the Lucifron game. I wish more players would do some cheeky ceremonies
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2012 14:11 coasts wrote:
What did Seed do?

danced his zealots and built 3 manner nexuses

I'm still waiting for Tyler to flip a shit and call Seed an immature little kid.
Bogus ST_Life IMMVP
Tachion
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada8573 Posts
December 03 2012 05:33 GMT
#12
Losira dancing his lings on Bomber's ramp and then losing on close positions lost temple was near legendary tier. Bomber started dancing his marines in losira's natural later and then ace comes out with the marine dance. so epic. I love stuff like that.
i was driving down the road this november eve and spotted a hitchhiker walking down the street. i pulled over and saw that it was only a tree. i uprooted it and put it in my trunk. do trees like marshmallow peeps? cause that's all i have and will have.
will216
Profile Joined August 2012
United States185 Posts
December 03 2012 05:40 GMT
#13
On December 03 2012 14:31 GolemMadness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2012 14:08 Tachion wrote:

Seed: After yesterday's Proleague-format match, people criticized me because they felt that I went too far with my ceremony. While foreigners may not be familiar with such ceremonies, we're very accustomed to performing them during our team leagues. I think that there was a clash between our cultures, so I hope that there are no misunderstandings.

It's unfortunate that he thinks it may have caused a bad reaction, because from the LR thread most everyone was praising him for it and laughing about it. <3 Seed.


People will complain about anything.


Seed just need stay off TL
I'm not the greatest , but I will be one day ...
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
December 03 2012 05:46 GMT
#14
It's obvious that Seed is a nice guy and that his BM is just for show. Same most players who BM during team leagues. People need to differentiate between that and asshats like CombatEX who BM because they're assholes.
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
December 03 2012 05:50 GMT
#15
I didn't even know there was a prizepool for this. Wonder if MC will take his share considering he didn't win a single match.
TommyP
Profile Joined December 2011
United States6231 Posts
December 03 2012 05:59 GMT
#16
On December 03 2012 14:50 red4ce wrote:
I didn't even know there was a prizepool for this. Wonder if MC will take his share considering he didn't win a single match.

No he's just going to turn down ~2000$....
#TheOneTrueDong
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
December 03 2012 06:05 GMT
#17
MC: I feel that I wasn't helpful to the team. All I did was lose twice to Stephano, so I'll have to make sure that I win if we meet next time.

Aww poor MC still rooting for you yo, you're still awesome as always!
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-03 06:11:21
December 03 2012 06:11 GMT
#18
On December 03 2012 14:50 red4ce wrote:
I didn't even know there was a prizepool for this. Wonder if MC will take his share considering he didn't win a single match.


Neither did DRG. It would be stupid to distribute the prize pool based on individual player win count. Nobody does that.
simmeh
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada2511 Posts
December 03 2012 06:14 GMT
#19
On December 03 2012 14:33 Tachion wrote:
Losira dancing his lings on Bomber's ramp and then losing on close positions lost temple was near legendary tier. Bomber started dancing his marines in losira's natural later and then ace comes out with the marine dance. so epic. I love stuff like that.


haha yes thank you



^___^
byah!
Rescawen
Profile Joined April 2010
Finland1028 Posts
December 03 2012 08:08 GMT
#20
Startale beat us
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 180
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 759
Horang2 346
Soulkey 344
Mini 262
Zeus 248
Larva 206
Soma 192
Jaedong 101
Sexy 99
Mind 70
[ Show more ]
ZerO 61
soO 41
sorry 30
scan(afreeca) 26
Hyun 21
ajuk12(nOOB) 17
zelot 8
Dota 2
XcaliburYe302
canceldota19
League of Legends
JimRising 516
Other Games
gofns30682
singsing1791
Coldzera 695
Happy221
Pyrionflax136
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick670
BasetradeTV222
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2264
League of Legends
• Jankos2934
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
19m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM180
Online Event
2h 19m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 19m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 19m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
Patches Events
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.