• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:13
CEST 15:13
KST 22:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12254 users

[Interview] Code S Ro16 Group B 2012 GSL Season 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-13 19:13:35
November 13 2012 17:16 GMT
#1
(T)MarineKing (currently in his) PRIME

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You have successfully made it to the Ro8. Tell us how you feel.

I pretty much figured I had lost during that last game while I was playing but then I pulled off a comeback like that so I am really glad. I am so happy that I qualified for the quarter finals two seasons in a row and I'm even happier that I was able to avoid going through a team kill against Creator.

After taking game one, you lost game two because your constant aggression kept getting blocked.

I'm not sure if Hack was nervous or what but he threw away a lot of his units. So my victory in game one was easier than I thought it would be. Then, I decided to expose the fact that he was nervous and play game two with confidence but a couple factors affected my play that game. I ended up losing in game two because one, I didn't have a lot of TvT experiences on Abyssal City and two, Hack took advantage of the layout of the map well with his siege tank plays.

In the winners' match, you lost to a ten pool. HyuN's pressure plays really shone through.

I don't have a lot of confidence when it comes to Daybreak. I wanted to get economically ahead as possible so I didn't even scout. It seems like I always get pressured very easily on Daybreak so it looks like I'm going to have to start scouting properly from now on.

After losing game one, you decided to go for a 11/11 in game two.

If we had spawned at cross positions then the Zerg would've had the advantage, but if we spawn across from each other, as long as I'm not revealed early on, I knew it was going to be difficult for him to block a 11/11 from me. All in rushes are something I even practice frequently on ladder.

You will face Ryung to see who will advance to the semi finals and head to Las Vegas.

If I had advanced second out of my group, I would have had to undergo a team kill against Creator. Creator is so good at PvT that as long as he doesn't make any mistakes, he wins almost all of them so I really didn't want to face him. My goal was to advance out of my Ro16 group as first and I am so glad that it came true. Also, TvTs are easier than TvZs so I can practice up for my match with ease.

If you are able to advance to the semi finals, it will be your first semi finals since the Super Tournament.

I had been doing really well this year but I fell from the Ro16 three times in a row because I would end up meeting really good players. And then when I finally did get to the Ro8, I had the misfortune of meeting Life who totally dominated me. Since I have a chance to face a Terran this time and not Life, I will not let this opportunity slip past me.

You also have a chance to aim for the championship this season.

Luckily I've been able to advance this season without meeting that many Zergs. This season of Code S is chock full of Zergs so I experimented a lot of different things so that I could win against them. If I can make it to the semi finals, then I will have a once in a lifetime opportunity to go for both the IPL and the GSL championships. My performance was depressing last year but right now I will do my best to show a form that is worthy of winning back to back championships.

Anything else you would like to say?

Maru helped me out with my TvT only once. I really hope he helps me out much more than that for my match against Ryung. ByuN and Maru both don't like to play TvT so they don't really help me with practicing, but since I have a Bo5 coming up against Ryung, I really hope that they will help me. I had a bet going on with the boss of Twitch.tv, KimTaeSung, regarding my Ro8 advancement and I was the victor. I hope he keeps his end of the promise (laughs). I want to thank our sponsors Tt-eSports and OCZ. Lastly, Creator will be participating in the B.net World Championships and I really hope he can grab the championship and get a bigger prize money than me.

(Z)IPL Fight Club's TSL_HyuNstoppable

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

Your first ever Ro8 appearance. How do you feel?

I won the first game of the winner's match pretty easily. And then the thought that I had advanced already made me laugh. But then since I ended up losing my next two games, it was important that I get a grip on myself and keep on focusing so that I could win my final match.

You were placed in a group with three Terrans after the group nominations. It must have been easy for you to practice up for your matches since all your opponents were the same race but exactly how did you prepare for them?

I also thought that it was going to be easy to prepare for them. I thought that preparing for three Terrans would be simple but as it turns out, it actually takes more preparation. You have to prepare more strategies than usual. Actually, I think I would've had a much easier time with just two Terrans in my group.

After defeating YoDa by a score of 2-0 you lost to MarineKing in the winners' match. Why do you think you lost after winning game one?

I knew that MarineKing was going for a two rax rush in game two. I figured I would block it easily so I ended up placing my spine crawler way too upfront. And then I suffered economic damage after losing my spine crawler. And in game three, I wasted my units away too much. I even had delayed upgrades. We were both at four bases but I grabbed my gases late so my tech was severely delayed so I couldn't get out my upper tier units. If I hadn't tilted and had just played like I had done against YoDa, I would have won easily.

In the final match against Hack, you won two games in a row after losing game one.

Lately, Terrans seem to be using banshees more frequently. There is really nothing that Zerg can do about that. It's either muta or infestors but you can't attack with infestors. And you can't win with a muta/ling/bling composition. That's why I think we have to tech to hive.

You will be facing Creator in the quarter finals. You are currently showing a very solid form but if you had to predict how the games will turn out?

Personally, I think I am really strong during one on ones. It's much easier to take on one opponent than play with a group of opponents. And since it'll be ZvP where I am confident, I should be able to win.

Could you tell us what your goals are?

The championship. As long as my health is in great condition on the day of my matches, I am confident enough to not lose to anyone. I am practicing very diligently these days. That's why I am even more confident. I don't know who I'll face in the semi finals but as long as I prepare well, I really think I can grab the championship.

Lately, it seems like all Zergs are doing really well. Life is the current GSL and MLG champion and you are on a fourteen match winning streak for IPL Fight Club.

I don't think Zerg is OP. I think Zergs are just doing really well. I never expected both Zergs to get eliminated during yesterday's Code S matches. Personally, I think the current game's balance is just about right. While I admit that the brood lord/infestor composition is powerful, it's not so bad that people should say it's OP. For Protoss, they do have a timing attack they can do. In the past, people didn't really use charge lots. These days however, charge lots are being used more frequently.

Anything else you would like to say?

Yesterday, Center helped me out very diligently with practice. I want to thank him for that. Punisher stated that he will retire from competitive gaming and pursue something else. I wish him all the best in his future endeavors. Lastly, I want to ask that everyone take care of themselves well and avoid getting colds since the weather's been getting much colder.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
AgentChaos
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom4569 Posts
November 13 2012 17:25 GMT
#2
Hahaa Maru and byun don't like tvt
IM & EG supporter
Azurues
Profile Joined March 2011
Malaysia5612 Posts
November 13 2012 17:26 GMT
#3
well Byun and Maru can't escape from MKP now can they?
Sc2Null
Profile Joined April 2011
United States3754 Posts
November 13 2012 17:29 GMT
#4
Like the pre-fix to hyun
The great Spaghetti vs Screwdriver debacle of June '12" - Porcelina
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
November 13 2012 17:34 GMT
#5
On November 14 2012 02:25 AgentChaos wrote:
Hahaa Maru and byun don't like tvt


Though life as a terran.
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
Taefox
Profile Joined March 2010
1533 Posts
November 13 2012 17:35 GMT
#6
Prime spirit so well lol MKP joke so funny =)

thanks seeker for quickly translating =P
@taefoxy
ArcticRaven
Profile Joined August 2011
France1406 Posts
November 13 2012 17:41 GMT
#7
IPLFCTSLHyuN gogogo
[Govie] Wierd shit, on a 6 game AP winning streak with KOTL in the trench. I searched gandalf quotes and spammed them all game long, trenchwarfare247, whateva it takes!
MiQ
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada312 Posts
November 13 2012 17:57 GMT
#8
Ugliest glasses ever made
Tons of damage
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
November 13 2012 17:58 GMT
#9
Yes! Thanks again Susie, hope the Hyun interview comes soon.

Hyun is getting better in offline tournaments. He definitely has the skill so i hope he'll win this GSL. Gogo Hyun!

But i liked his former hair color better, now he sort of looks like Effort. Well not completely. ^^
CuteZergling
Profile Joined November 2011
641 Posts
November 13 2012 17:58 GMT
#10
I'm so proud of HyuN! Thanks for the translations.
Team owner of team QTLing
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
November 13 2012 18:00 GMT
#11
Great translations SeeKer. MKP!!!
Administrator
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
November 13 2012 18:04 GMT
#12
On November 14 2012 02:34 Aunvilgod wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 02:25 AgentChaos wrote:
Hahaa Maru and byun don't like tvt


Though life as a terran.

ST_Life is a Zerg....
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-13 18:20:19
November 13 2012 18:06 GMT
#13
So HyuNstoppable
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
NeMeSiS3
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Canada2972 Posts
November 13 2012 18:06 GMT
#14
So glad MKP wasn't predicted to make it through, usually whoever is thought to make it threw comes in last hahahahaha :D <3 MKP MKP MKP
FoTG fighting!
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
November 13 2012 18:07 GMT
#15
On November 14 2012 03:04 amazingxkcd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 02:34 Aunvilgod wrote:
On November 14 2012 02:25 AgentChaos wrote:
Hahaa Maru and byun don't like tvt


Though life as a terran.

ST_Life is a Zerg....


I do believe he meant "Tough life as a terran", not "Though Life is a terran", though.
AdministratorBreak the chains
Elite_
Profile Joined June 2012
United States4259 Posts
November 13 2012 18:09 GMT
#16
On November 14 2012 02:16 SeeKeR wrote:
(T)MarineKing (currently in his) PRIME

In the winners' match, you lost to a ten pool. HyuN's pressure plays really shone through.

It looks like I'm going to have to start scouting properly from now on.

If this actually happens for once... I don't even know... MKP might have a chance to win the GSL...
antilyon
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Brazil2546 Posts
November 13 2012 18:12 GMT
#17
Damsn MKP talks a lot, I didn't even know he would fight against creator had he get second. Also, I am pretty impressed with Ryung's performance this GSL so while I'm hoping for MKP to win, I wouldn't be so sad even if Ryung advances.
As always, thanks for the interview seeker :D
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
November 13 2012 18:26 GMT
#18
I have this feeling HuyN is going to be the kind of player that can't be stopped once it's 1v1 matches( ro8 and after )
Kinda like Mvp, his weakness is the group stage.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Taefox
Profile Joined March 2010
1533 Posts
November 13 2012 18:28 GMT
#19
oh wait .. (T)TSLPunisher is going to retire Another Terran has fallen
@taefoxy
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
November 13 2012 18:37 GMT
#20
Marineking claims he will scout. lol. ya... ok.
Congrats to MKP and HyuN
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
SHIN 232
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings109
CranKy Ducklings SOOP48
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko345
SHIN 232
ProTech148
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41706
Bisu 2290
Shuttle 1837
Hyuk 1686
EffOrt 423
Soma 413
Larva 406
Mini 378
ZerO 301
firebathero 224
[ Show more ]
Last 113
hero 93
Leta 82
Zeus 71
Pusan 58
Trap 50
Sexy 48
Hyun 48
Hm[arnc] 40
Killer 39
Bale 38
ToSsGirL 27
Aegong 25
PianO 23
zelot 23
sorry 17
yabsab 13
Noble 12
JulyZerg 10
Rock 6
Sacsri 6
Icarus 6
ajuk12(nOOB) 3
Dota 2
Gorgc4496
qojqva1434
Dendi973
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor854
crisheroes686
Liquid`Hasu111
Other Games
gofns39573
singsing2576
B2W.Neo1180
Happy275
DeMusliM241
Livibee218
Mew2King93
Liquid`VortiX75
ArmadaUGS57
ZerO(Twitch)17
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream119
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 9239
League of Legends
• Jankos1713
Other Games
• WagamamaTV231
Upcoming Events
FEL
2h 47m
AI Arena Tournament
3h 47m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 47m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 47m
INu's Battles
22h 47m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.