• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:14
CEST 15:14
KST 22:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8826 users

Brood War players who swapped to SC2 (list) - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next All
Bluerain
Profile Joined April 2010
United States348 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-01 18:33:55
November 01 2012 18:29 GMT
#121
confirming races that were different on several lists:

Nightend (UD)
Rabbit (Orc)
Coldfuzion (HU)

Thought naniwa was a NE player but i guess ill assume wiki is correct.

And as mentioned by someone previous, Soccer did change his name to SlayersVen i think....

former wc3 players that are long gone in the sc2 scene for nostagia's sake:
- Freedom.werra
- Check
- Maka
Schelim
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Austria11528 Posts
November 01 2012 18:30 GMT
#122
On November 02 2012 03:21 ThomasjServo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2012 03:02 Arceus wrote:
On November 02 2012 02:16 ThomasjServo wrote:
On November 02 2012 02:14 kju wrote:
On November 02 2012 02:03 TheDougler wrote:
On November 02 2012 01:58 Awesomeness wrote:
Axslav played random in wc3 and was known for his creative strats, but didn't have the best results. He was basically the TLO of wc3.


It'd be super cool to see what races people played in WC3. Wasn't ToD like one of the best Undead players? (Which didn't actually mean anything because UD was extremely Underpowered?) Or am I thinking of someone else?

ToD was a human player, Happy (Empire) was on of the best UD



UD was the least played, and considered underpowered in WC3's hay day wasn't it?

if I have to name 4 coolest, smartest and deadliest wc3 players, they all played UD

axslav was known for his cool 2v2 with strifecro, achieving some success in WC3L

Moon is commonly called the fifth race, but his true Korean nicknames were The Fantasista and AndroJang (Andromeda Jang)

SeleCT was part of the SK.intel, the first foreign wc3 proteam in Korea. He went to win back2back WCG in DoW, went back to wc3, disappeared and re-emerged in sc2.

Polt was good enough to emerge from nowhere and make a quarterfinal (iirc) run in one edition of MWL (wc3 MSL-equivalent). Then he just disappeared (for college apparently)

Grubby used to make an excuse for losing out of a Linkin Park song

m00nglade was some mediocre night elf.
Zenio was some mediorce orc on ladder

for the above list:
elfi: UD for team fnatic
rabbit/macsed: human
sjow: oldschool human of team AMD64
Stephano/namaa/coldfuzion: never heard of them, prolly amateur/chobo.


Is Naniwa on your list? I am legitimately curious as to who those would be.

I did some reading up on it when I bought WC3 under the delusion I would actually enjoy DOTA (Not a slight on the game I just got flamed all to hell for being the noob I was/am), and have dabbled against the AI when bored and or drunk. Moon's stuff was impressive and Grubby's series where he commentated a few matches, he recently re uploaded them, were really fun. That game is so complicated.

Stephano if I had heard correctly was known-ish, but not a super top level human player.



Naniwa wasn't all that good at wc3, in fact he was more known for flaming and balance whining than anything.

imo the greatest wc3 UD players (for various reasons) are TeD, Madfrog, Sweet and Lucifer.
TY <3 Cure <3 Inno <3 Special <3
eurTsItniH
Profile Joined January 2012
887 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-01 18:38:38
November 01 2012 18:31 GMT
#123
I can name a couple of WC3 players I don't think have been mentioned, if they have, I am sorry.

KiWiKaKi (Orc)
XlorD (Undead)
CupCake (Nightelf) (Was named ThomasG in WC3)
Ciara (Orc)
SonKiE (Can't remember)
CrunCher (Human I believe)

Also I think I recall Darkforce played WC3 too. (could be wrong though.)
And didn't BlinG play Halo?
Bluerain
Profile Joined April 2010
United States348 Posts
November 01 2012 18:35 GMT
#124
On November 02 2012 03:31 eurTsItniH wrote:
I can name a couple of WC3 players I don't think have been mentioned, if they have, I am sorry.

KiWiKaKi (Orc)
XlorD (Undead)
CupCake (Nightelf)
Ciara (Orc)
SonKiE (Can't remember)
CrunCher (Human I believe)

Also I think I recall Darkforce played WC3 too. (could be wrong though.)
And didn't BlinG play Halo?


Nice call on Kiwikaki. Sonkie and Cruncher were human. Technoboy (NE) also played a bit of sc2 but not pro.
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
November 01 2012 18:43 GMT
#125
On November 02 2012 03:30 Schelim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2012 03:21 ThomasjServo wrote:
On November 02 2012 03:02 Arceus wrote:
On November 02 2012 02:16 ThomasjServo wrote:
On November 02 2012 02:14 kju wrote:
On November 02 2012 02:03 TheDougler wrote:
On November 02 2012 01:58 Awesomeness wrote:
Axslav played random in wc3 and was known for his creative strats, but didn't have the best results. He was basically the TLO of wc3.


It'd be super cool to see what races people played in WC3. Wasn't ToD like one of the best Undead players? (Which didn't actually mean anything because UD was extremely Underpowered?) Or am I thinking of someone else?

ToD was a human player, Happy (Empire) was on of the best UD



UD was the least played, and considered underpowered in WC3's hay day wasn't it?

if I have to name 4 coolest, smartest and deadliest wc3 players, they all played UD

axslav was known for his cool 2v2 with strifecro, achieving some success in WC3L

Moon is commonly called the fifth race, but his true Korean nicknames were The Fantasista and AndroJang (Andromeda Jang)

SeleCT was part of the SK.intel, the first foreign wc3 proteam in Korea. He went to win back2back WCG in DoW, went back to wc3, disappeared and re-emerged in sc2.

Polt was good enough to emerge from nowhere and make a quarterfinal (iirc) run in one edition of MWL (wc3 MSL-equivalent). Then he just disappeared (for college apparently)

Grubby used to make an excuse for losing out of a Linkin Park song

m00nglade was some mediocre night elf.
Zenio was some mediorce orc on ladder

for the above list:
elfi: UD for team fnatic
rabbit/macsed: human
sjow: oldschool human of team AMD64
Stephano/namaa/coldfuzion: never heard of them, prolly amateur/chobo.


Is Naniwa on your list? I am legitimately curious as to who those would be.

I did some reading up on it when I bought WC3 under the delusion I would actually enjoy DOTA (Not a slight on the game I just got flamed all to hell for being the noob I was/am), and have dabbled against the AI when bored and or drunk. Moon's stuff was impressive and Grubby's series where he commentated a few matches, he recently re uploaded them, were really fun. That game is so complicated.

Stephano if I had heard correctly was known-ish, but not a super top level human player.



Naniwa wasn't all that good at wc3, in fact he was more known for flaming and balance whining than anything.

imo the greatest wc3 UD players (for various reasons) are TeD, Madfrog, Sweet and Lucifer.


I had completely forgotten about Madfrog, I wish he would come back to SC2, those games right after release were really fun to watch.

Got to go sample these now.

http://sc2casts.com/player203-MaDFroG
Kryt0s
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany209 Posts
November 01 2012 18:50 GMT
#126
Why aren't dApollo and Day[9] on that list? I mean Tasteless and Artosis are...
foxmeep
Profile Joined July 2009
Australia2337 Posts
November 01 2012 19:07 GMT
#127
Baby, Kal and by.Sun were already using their "SC2" names for a long time in BW.
parn
Profile Joined December 2010
France296 Posts
November 02 2012 00:21 GMT
#128
yea that's really strange ...
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
November 02 2012 20:08 GMT
#129
So, this OP, will it ever be updated?
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
mikkmagro
Profile Joined April 2011
Malta1513 Posts
November 02 2012 20:11 GMT
#130
(Z)Apollo came from Command & Conquer 3
(T)Pureball came from World in Conflict (I believe?)
mousesports, Team Acer, Fnatic!
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
November 02 2012 20:12 GMT
#131
it'd be much easier to list all the players who DIDN'T come from a different game -_-
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
WECKL
Profile Joined August 2004
Sweden36 Posts
November 02 2012 20:13 GMT
#132
fuck I miss madfrog
lookfirewood
Profile Joined May 2011
1212 Posts
November 06 2012 18:55 GMT
#133
On November 03 2012 05:08 Promethelax wrote:
So, this OP, will it ever be updated?


Yes yes. I'll update it when I get the chance. Not found the time in my schedule yet. Fyi it has been updated plenty along the way, so dont worry!

best
Kim
R.I.P STX 03.08.2013 never forget.
lookfirewood
Profile Joined May 2011
1212 Posts
November 06 2012 18:56 GMT
#134
On November 02 2012 03:50 Kryt0s wrote:
Why aren't dApollo and Day[9] on that list? I mean Tasteless and Artosis are...


I dont sit on all info, so I need the info from you guys to add them. If stuff is not on the list, it's because I did not know of them, I didn't think of them yet, no one mentioned them yet.

best
Kim
R.I.P STX 03.08.2013 never forget.
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
November 06 2012 18:57 GMT
#135
Well I look forward to this getting updated so that I can nerd out and go research more players.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
legoboomette
Profile Joined December 2011
England165 Posts
November 06 2012 19:18 GMT
#136
Incontrol played zerg in bw before switching to sc2.
Apollo played C&C
Won(*3*)Chu KissMe!
OKMarius
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway469 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-06 20:06:51
November 06 2012 20:03 GMT
#137
Targa is a former WC3 player, 99% sure that he played elf

"imo the greatest wc3 UD players (for various reasons) are TeD, Madfrog, Sweet and Lucifer."

Extremely good players all. Sweet is my personal favorite, but you could argue that FoV had more accomplishments than any of them.
rauk
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States2228 Posts
November 06 2012 20:08 GMT
#138
i think you'd probably count slush, huk and tlo as broodwar
LCC
Profile Joined January 2009
Canada348 Posts
November 06 2012 22:53 GMT
#139
(Z)Max -> (Z)ST.Superstar
phil.ipp
Profile Joined May 2010
Austria1067 Posts
November 06 2012 22:58 GMT
#140
i think, hero[join] is missing from this list
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
SteadfastSC175
EnkiAlexander 10
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 175
ProTech152
Rex 80
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 51186
Bisu 2365
Horang2 1407
Hyuk 590
BeSt 514
EffOrt 467
Mini 421
Shuttle 409
Light 350
Soma 331
[ Show more ]
Larva 303
ZerO 197
Rush 169
Mong 93
Leta 79
Snow 64
Pusan 60
ToSsGirL 51
Mind 45
Sexy 31
Aegong 29
JYJ 27
Bale 20
sorry 19
Terrorterran 13
Noble 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Icarus 8
Rock 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4808
XaKoH 390
Counter-Strike
Fnx 759
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1453
Khaldor1190
Lowko430
Other Games
gofns36753
singsing2086
olofmeister1078
B2W.Neo426
hiko366
Livibee195
Beastyqt167
Liquid`VortiX96
Mew2King83
ArmadaUGS38
djWHEAT14
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 365
ComeBackTV 198
Other Games
BasetradeTV165
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream153
StarCraft 2
TaKeTV 153
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 22
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis637
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 46m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 46m
Online Event
21h 46m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.