• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:57
CEST 03:57
KST 10:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9479 users

[Interview] OSL Ro16 D6 Winners - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
wozzot
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1227 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-18 23:35:35
September 18 2012 23:10 GMT
#21
This one was difficult. If there are any inaccuracies, please tell me!

(P)StarTale_PartinG

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

Now that you've reached the round of 8, how do you feel?

Back when people were saying that I was going to become a champion, I suffered a big loss at the hands of Mvp-hyung in the GSL semifinals. At the time, I felt sure that I wouldn't lose, but I remember that that was the first time that a Terran player had brought me down to my knees after I had beaten many of the best Terrans in the world. Afterwards, I learned not to become so overconfident, and that is why I was able to win today. Because I felt like I was able to get revenge for that time, I feel great.

You managed to reach the quarterfinals after winning an elimination match.

At first, I was planning to win all of my games. However, I wasn't able to play as well against Flying-hyung as I had prepared to do. Too many thoughts were floating around in my head as I was playing, and that's what made me lose. I felt that after I had lost to Leenock-hyung as well, and I believed back then that my skills weren't good enough. But I went into the mindset that all that mattered was that I advanced, so I quickly regained my composure.

How far have you progressed through your revenge scenario?

Now that I managed to put Mvp to sleep in the OSL, I'm about 80% satisfied. Now, there's only Flying left. The only opportunity we have to meet is in the final, so I definitely want to reach the final and get my revenge.

You won today's game more comfortably than expected.

In the waiting room, Mvp tried using psychological warfare on me. He brought up the Code S semifinals and told me that he would go for his signature Jung Jong-King cheese rush. I hesitated a bit, but I decided to play my own way and perform a counterattack. My head was starting to fill up with thoughts because what Mvp had told me, but I went with a build that I don't usually use and easily won. I feel that I won the battle of the waiting room.

Do you still believe in the importance of psychological battles?

I felt that even back in the semifinals of that GSL. People were saying that I wasn't very good at playing mind games, so I was constantly worried.

You made it into the round of 8 with your own hands.

I had wanted to play against my senior, Flash, from the beginning, but I got matched up with Rain-hyung instead. I don't have a problem with playing against him, but I was slightly disappointed because I wasn't able to play against Flash.

Why are you so focused on Flash?

He is a player who aims for the peak. I feel it even in SC2. If I went up against him, I would be able to understand his play style and the way he practices. Because of that, I have a strong desire to play against him.

How do you think things will go with Rain in the quarterfinals? Your PvP does appear to be shaky.

I don't think that my PvP is weak. If I try my best, I can win. During my BW days, Rain-hyung would do things like letting me watch his games. Since we were able to meet like this in SC2, I want to play an entertaining match with him.

You've participated in a lot of tournaments recently.

I wanted to emerge victorious in all of the tournaments in which I played, especially the GSL and the OSL. But from there, I even fell out of Code S, so there's only the OSL left for me now. I want to make sure that I win this OSL.

Any last words?

I want to thank Bomber, Sparta, and Sound, my teammates at StarTale who practiced with me. I'm also grateful to Hack and Sting for giving me advice. I also want to thank Team Legion's Shuttle. AcE just got knocked out of Code A in Round 1, but I hope he doesn't feel too crushed. He's a cheerful hyung, so I would like him to keep on living cheerfully. I had a nosebleed during practice, so my coach called me to his room and gave me his own medicine. I'm very thankful to him, and I will pay him back with a victory. I want to return the favor. Finally, I would like to thank my sponsors, BenQ, Joy Gear, Zowie, and Red Bull.
(ノ´∀`*)ノ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♪ ♫ (✌゚∀゚)☞ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♫ ♫ (ノ´_ゝ`)ノ彡 ┻━┻
BgSBendeR
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada170 Posts
September 19 2012 02:03 GMT
#22
Thanks wozzot!

It seems everyone wants a piece of Flash o_o
For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
September 19 2012 02:31 GMT
#23
On September 19 2012 11:03 BgSBendeR wrote:
Thanks wozzot!

It seems everyone wants a piece of Flash o_o


Can you imagine being called the Godslayer? The guy is a living legend. If you beat him, you're definitely getting some brownie points, both in the public eye and in your own eyes.
"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
September 19 2012 04:58 GMT
#24
Everyone wants to play Flash. O_O
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
September 19 2012 05:00 GMT
#25
On September 19 2012 13:58 GolemMadness wrote:
Everyone wants to play Flash. O_O


All the KeSPA players want to play DongRaeGu as well.

They're just the most popular from their respective organizations.
moo...for DRG
Sumahi
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Guam5609 Posts
September 19 2012 05:09 GMT
#26
Parting, so priceless. I'm glad you didn't fall prey to MVP's psychological warfare.
Startale <3, ST_July <3, HongUn <3, Savior <3, Gretorp <3, Nada <3, Rainbow <3, Ret <3, Squirtle <3, Bomber <3
NoGasfOu
Profile Joined April 2012
United States1117 Posts
September 19 2012 05:26 GMT
#27
I feel your pain man. I've lost my homeworks before.
Tassadar/TheBest/Jjakji/Rain(terran)/Heart
scarper65
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
1560 Posts
September 19 2012 05:28 GMT
#28
DRG vs. Flash would be really cool
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
September 19 2012 06:38 GMT
#29
On September 19 2012 14:00 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2012 13:58 GolemMadness wrote:
Everyone wants to play Flash. O_O


All the KeSPA players want to play DongRaeGu as well.

They're just the most popular from their respective organizations.


As far as I can see, only Last has said he wanted to, and that's because he's the only zerg left.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
rift
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
1819 Posts
September 19 2012 07:37 GMT
#30
Last bad for esports, depriving our FvF rematch. Flash needs to win this, for ongamenet's sake. Or at least no pvp finals...
aRyuujin
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5049 Posts
September 19 2012 07:50 GMT
#31
parting da mang stalking flash
can i get my estro logo back pls
Zeroxk
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway1244 Posts
September 19 2012 08:07 GMT
#32
What is the "Jung Jong-King cheese rush"?
wozzot
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1227 Posts
September 19 2012 08:11 GMT
#33
On September 19 2012 17:07 Zeroxk wrote:
What is the "Jung Jong-King cheese rush"?


"Jung Jong-hyun" is Mvp's real name. The interview used "Jung Jong-wang", which literally translates into Jung Jong-King
(ノ´∀`*)ノ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♪ ♫ (✌゚∀゚)☞ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♫ ♫ (ノ´_ゝ`)ノ彡 ┻━┻
KristianJS
Profile Joined October 2009
2107 Posts
September 19 2012 08:17 GMT
#34
Poor Flash, tough being so popular

Thanks Seeker.
You need to be 100% behind someone before you can stab them in the back
mrtomjones
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada4020 Posts
September 19 2012 08:23 GMT
#35
That trickery by MVP in the pregame is pretty damn funny. I love how it almost through Parting off
Zeroxk
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway1244 Posts
September 19 2012 08:47 GMT
#36
On September 19 2012 17:11 wozzot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2012 17:07 Zeroxk wrote:
What is the "Jung Jong-King cheese rush"?


"Jung Jong-hyun" is Mvp's real name. The interview used "Jung Jong-wang", which literally translates into Jung Jong-King


Yes but is it an actual build?
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
September 19 2012 08:57 GMT
#37
Nooooo Mvp! T_T
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
Skwid1g
Profile Joined April 2011
United States953 Posts
September 19 2012 09:04 GMT
#38
On September 19 2012 17:47 Zeroxk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2012 17:11 wozzot wrote:
On September 19 2012 17:07 Zeroxk wrote:
What is the "Jung Jong-King cheese rush"?


"Jung Jong-hyun" is Mvp's real name. The interview used "Jung Jong-wang", which literally translates into Jung Jong-King


Yes but is it an actual build?


I assume it's the 11/11 proxy rax marine/scv all in he was trashing Protosses with left and right during that GSL run.

Last beating Fantasy basically drained any desire to watch the rest of the OSL for me. I hope for OGN's sake that the finals doesn't end up being PvP, it'd be a miracle if Flash or DRG ended up in the finals.
NaDa/Fantasy/Zero/Soulkey pls
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings107
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta28
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 215
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11262
Dota 2
monkeys_forever902
NeuroSwarm177
febbydoto27
League of Legends
Doublelift5937
JimRising 652
Counter-Strike
minikerr28
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox805
Other Games
summit1g9667
Maynarde208
ArmadaUGS67
Mew2King32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick378
BasetradeTV198
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 7
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 86
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 4m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
9h 4m
Monday Night Weeklies
14h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 22h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.