• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:06
CEST 18:06
KST 01:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9348 users

[Interview] OSL Ro16 D6 Winners

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-19 05:22:30
September 18 2012 16:23 GMT
#1
(P)Team-less_San

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

How do you feel about winning your final OSL match?

This was a victory I should have accomplished a month ago but I did it now so it's real shame. People will probably say that this victory is meaningless but for me, it holds a big meaning.

If you had lost today, would you have been frustrated?

If had lost today, everything I had said back during the group nominations would have been all for not and if I fall out with a score of 0-3, my image looks bad. I'm relieved that I at least got one victory. Going out with at least one victory will make me feel like I was close to making it.

Currently you are teamless. Isn't practice hard?

I am a player who normally practices mostly on ladder. Being in a team didn't really have an affect on me.

After your expansion, you went for a double stargate build.

This was a build I had used a lot before in the past and also a build I really like. I was curious as to why other people never used this build. I have almost always won after using this build.

Was this a specific planned build because your opponent was BeSt?

I originally didn't plan on using it but I didn't want to go out with three losses. I decided to use the build because I had to win no matter what.

We expected void rays because you went double stargate.

It's impossible to use void rays. I was thinking about going for carriers after using my phoenixes.

You probably don't have any plans for a while.

I plan on focusing on online tournaments. And also the MLG qualifiers.

Any plans to join a foreign team?

I plan on it. I'm currently talking to some teams. I'm finding out offers here and there but I haven't chosen yet. I'm still waiting on contacts.

People who join foreign teams often leave Korea.

I wanted to do this last year but I wasn't able to. I plan on leaving Korea using this opportunity I've been given right now so I can live overseas. But I can't say for certain that my mind won't change in the future.

How was your first OSL experience?

Unlike the GSL, the OSL is a bo1 so I had a lot of worries thinking about what build orders I was going to use. Also, GSL starts at 6:10pm but OSL starts at 7:30pm and I'm in Group D so sometimes I can't even ride the subway back home. I really hope OSL changes their scheduling and starts earlier.

Anything else you want to say?

I want to hurry up and join a good team. I know I'll do well so I hope people start giving me more offers soon.

(Z)MVP_DongRaeGu

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

How do you feel about making it to the Ro8?

Honestly I wasn't confident that I would make it to the Ro8. The map wasn't in my favor and MarineKing has been doing well these days. But I advanced like this so I feel good.

In your foreign head to head score, it seems like MarineKing has won most of them.

I think it's because MarineKing is so young but jet lag doesn't seem to affect him. That's why my skills aren't the best overseas so I lose to him often (laughs).

Today's match was an elimination round. Were you planning on going for a long game?

The Ohana map itself is very hard to do long games on. That's why I thought of a build order that I could use to end it during mid-game. I wanted to be aggressive. MarineKing went mech so I earned a lot of advantages by using mutalisks so I won easily.

Did you think MarineKing wasn't going to go mech today?

I was expecting him to mech. That's why I used this play. I noticed he uses mech a lot on Ohana. I think he went for mech because he wanted to comfortably block my muta/ling/bling attack.

You are the last Zerg in the OSL.

Since I'm the last Zerg there's some pressure there. But if I win the whole thing and grab the championship it's going to feel great. On one hand I'm worried, but on the other hand, I'm really anticipating this.

Who would you like to face in the Ro8?

If I want to make it out easily, I have to face a Protoss. But I think it would be great if I faced Flash. I don't care if I get eliminated, I just want to face him once. I faced him on ladder and he was really good. If he plays just as well as he did on ladder, then the games are going to be really fun.

Tomorrow is your Code S Ro16 matches.

I kept preparing for the GSL by only focusing on one practice part so I kept on losing. Ever since last week's Ro32, in order to improvise my plays, I practiced mostly on ladder. I plan on preparing this way for the Ro16 as well.

You made it past the Ro16 of OSL. How do you feel?

This was my first OSL so I'm happy about it but the Ro16 were bo1s so I felt like I wasn't able to show the fans true SC2 plays so it was a shame. But the Ro8 will be a bo5 so I think I'll be able to show a lot more fun games.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank all the ladder Terrans who helped me with practice. I also want to thank my coach, my coach's family, and my family as well. The coach hasn't been feeling well but I won today so I hope he feels better because of that. I want to thank my sponsors RAZER, Lotte, and partner MYM. Lastly, I want to let my girlfriend know that I love her.

(T)STX SouL_Last

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

How do you feel about advancing to the Ro8 for your first ever OSL?

Right now I'm really just not feeling it yet. But I am incredibly happy.

If you lost today you would have been eliminated. Weren't you nervous?

When I scouted him early on, I saw his buildings and his army so I got nervous. After I dropped mules at the expansion I made a lot of mistakes.

After watching today's games, it felt like you really predicted FanTaSy's play style.

After watching his ProLeague VODs, I noticed that Fanta tends to be very aggressive during TvTs. I prepared with that fact in my mindset.

As you were blocking his drop, didn't you sustain a lot of damage?

His dual medivac timing drop hurt me quite a bit. I was really slow to react also. Mainly because of nerves. But my opponent was all in so I knew that I had this in the bag as long as I blocked it.

In the Ro8, you face a player who advanced first out of his group. Anyone specific you want to face?

I wanted DRG but I found that that's not possible. Flying, Rain, Flash, I don't really care since they're all really good. So regardless of who I meet, it's all going to be the same.

What's your reason of wanting DRG?

I feel most comfortable when I prepare for TvZs. Since I can't face him for the Ro8 but I do want to face a Zerg no matter what, I hope to meet him somewhere higher up the road.

Thanks to the Ro16, you must have learned a lot.

I participate in a lot of individual leagues so I play in a lot of televised matches and I gott to adapt to the stage atmosphere well. I really think I'm going to be able to do well for televised matches without getting nervous from here on out.

You also have GSL waiting for you. How do you plan on preparing for it?

I already know who my opponent is going to be so I am already preparing for it. I want to go really far with both GSL and OSL.

Are you greedy for the royal road?

At first, I didn't really want it. But I'd be lying if I didn't say that I grew to want it as I was winning. But instead of focusing on the royal road, I'm just going to focus on beating whatever games lie ahead of me.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank the fans for always coming out to cheer for us.

Interview by wozzot
(P)StarTale_PartinG

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

Now that you've reached the round of 8, how do you feel?

Back when people were saying that I was going to become a champion, I suffered a big loss at the hands of Mvp-hyung in the GSL semifinals. At the time, I felt sure that I wouldn't lose, but I remember that that was the first time that a Terran player had brought me down to my knees after I had beaten many of the best Terrans in the world. Afterwards, I learned not to become so overconfident, and that is why I was able to win today. Because I felt like I was able to get revenge for that time, I feel great.

You managed to reach the quarterfinals after winning an elimination match.

At first, I was planning to win all of my games. However, I wasn't able to play as well against Flying-hyung as I had prepared to do. Too many thoughts were floating around in my head as I was playing, and that's what made me lose. I felt that after I had lost to Leenock-hyung as well, and I believed back then that my skills weren't good enough. But I went into the mindset that all that mattered was that I advanced, so I quickly regained my composure.

How far have you progressed through your revenge scenario?

Now that I managed to put Mvp to sleep in the OSL, I'm about 80% satisfied. Now, there's only Flying left. The only opportunity we have to meet is in the final, so I definitely want to reach the final and get my revenge.

You won today's game more comfortably than expected.

In the waiting room, Mvp tried using psychological warfare on me. He brought up the Code S semifinals and told me that he would go for his signature Jung Jong-King cheese rush. I hesitated a bit, but I decided to play my own way and perform a counterattack. My head was starting to fill up with thoughts because what Mvp had told me, but I went with a build that I don't usually use and easily won. I feel that I won the battle of the waiting room.

Do you still believe in the importance of psychological battles?

I felt that even back in the semifinals of that GSL. People were saying that I wasn't very good at playing mind games, so I was constantly worried.

You made it into the round of 8 with your own hands.

I had wanted to play against my senior, Flash, from the beginning, but I got matched up with Rain-hyung instead. I don't have a problem with playing against him, but I was slightly disappointed because I wasn't able to play against Flash.

Why are you so focused on Flash?

He is a player who aims for the peak. I feel it even in SC2. If I went up against him, I would be able to understand his play style and the way he practices. Because of that, I have a strong desire to play against him.

How do you think things will go with Rain in the quarterfinals? Your PvP does appear to be shaky.

I don't think that my PvP is weak. If I try my best, I can win. During my BW days, Rain-hyung would do things like letting me watch his games. Since we were able to meet like this in SC2, I want to play an entertaining match with him.

You've participated in a lot of tournaments recently.

I wanted to emerge victorious in all of the tournaments in which I played, especially the GSL and the OSL. But from there, I even fell out of Code S, so there's only the OSL left for me now. I want to make sure that I win this OSL.

Any last words?

I want to thank Bomber, Sparta, and Sound, my teammates at StarTale who practiced with me. I'm also grateful to Hack and Sting for giving me advice. I also want to thank Team Legion's Shuttle. AcE just got knocked out of Code A in Round 1, but I hope he doesn't feel too crushed. He's a cheerful hyung, so I would like him to keep on living cheerfully. I had a nosebleed during practice, so my coach called me to his room and gave me his own medicine. I'm very thankful to him, and I will pay him back with a victory. I want to return the favor. Finally, I would like to thank my sponsors, BenQ, Joy Gear, Zowie, and Red Bull.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Paincarnate
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
115 Posts
September 18 2012 16:26 GMT
#2
Don't you normally write it in a word processing program first, and then copy paste it into a TL post? Doesn't TL time out?


Regardless, great interviews <3
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-18 16:43:15
September 18 2012 16:35 GMT
#3
On September 19 2012 01:26 Paincarnate wrote:
Don't you normally write it in a word processing program first, and then copy paste it into a TL post? Doesn't TL time out?


Regardless, great interviews <3

Nah... I copy paste on TL and translate from there. I don't even know how I pressed refresh when it wasn't even close to anything but it happend so yeah... I'm just... super... pissed....
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
LimitSEA
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia9580 Posts
September 18 2012 16:46 GMT
#4
On September 19 2012 01:35 SeeKeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2012 01:26 Paincarnate wrote:
Don't you normally write it in a word processing program first, and then copy paste it into a TL post? Doesn't TL time out?


Regardless, great interviews <3

Nah... I copy paste on TL and translate from there. I don't even know how I pressed refresh when it wasn't even close to anything but it happend so yeah... I'm just... super... pissed....

Understandable. Gotta be so frustrating, losing all your work with one click. :/

Thanks for doing this anyway. Excited to see how DRG does against Oz, apparently he thinks his vP is good enough that it's his easiest route to the ro4. ^^
Long live the King of Wings
BgSBendeR
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada170 Posts
September 18 2012 16:48 GMT
#5
lol flash so good on ladder
For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
September 18 2012 16:51 GMT
#6
poor Seeker, thanks for (re-)translating anyways
Get off my lawn, young punks
covetousrat
Profile Joined October 2010
2109 Posts
September 18 2012 16:52 GMT
#7
Seeker sad to hear you refreshed T_T. Just my advise next time do it in word and save it frequently. Thx for another awesome translation.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
September 18 2012 17:16 GMT
#8
HOILY SHIT! PARTING'S INTERVIEW IS LONG AS F*CK! WHY THE HELL DOES THIS KID TALK SO MUCH!?!?!?
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
BgSBendeR
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada170 Posts
September 18 2012 17:22 GMT
#9
On September 19 2012 02:16 SeeKeR wrote:
HOILY SHIT! PARTING'S INTERVIEW IS LONG AS F*CK! WHY THE HELL DOES THIS KID TALK SO MUCH!?!?!?

You should replace his interview with a troll one like you did with Flash :p
For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
September 18 2012 17:36 GMT
#10
On September 19 2012 02:22 BgSBendeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2012 02:16 SeeKeR wrote:
HOILY SHIT! PARTING'S INTERVIEW IS LONG AS F*CK! WHY THE HELL DOES THIS KID TALK SO MUCH!?!?!?

You should replace his interview with a troll one like you did with Flash :p

Lol...

Not in the mood. I normally need to be in a certain mood to pull that off
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
TommyP
Profile Joined December 2011
United States6231 Posts
September 18 2012 17:57 GMT
#11
Wait.. Last wanted to play TvZ against DRG??? Whaaa
#TheOneTrueDong
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
September 18 2012 18:47 GMT
#12
DRG's such a nice guy, always mentioning his gf
<3
moo...for DRG
crawlingchaos
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada2025 Posts
September 18 2012 19:00 GMT
#13
On September 19 2012 02:22 BgSBendeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2012 02:16 SeeKeR wrote:
HOILY SHIT! PARTING'S INTERVIEW IS LONG AS F*CK! WHY THE HELL DOES THIS KID TALK SO MUCH!?!?!?

You should replace his interview with a troll one like you did with Flash :p

Considering it's Parting, the real interview is probably filled enough with troll stuff lol.

Seeker so gosu at translations, thanks man.
They say that life's a carousel, spinning fast you've gotta ride it well, the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams, it's heaven and hell, oh well.
Zer atai
Profile Joined September 2011
United States691 Posts
September 18 2012 21:04 GMT
#14
i hope you continue with the translation. Keep up the good work
Want to sport eSports? Disable adblock. P.S. En Taro Adun!!
TsGBruzze
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Sweden1190 Posts
September 18 2012 21:07 GMT
#15
damn you are fast and good at translating, i love you <3
''you got to yolo things up to win''
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
September 18 2012 21:09 GMT
#16
On September 19 2012 01:23 SeeKeR wrote:
OP Note: Interviews would have been out much earlier but I clicked refresh and lost all my work. Also, I'm VERY pissed that this happened and lost my motivation so interviews will come out later than usual.

And yet you're still gonna go ahead and do them... ^_^ You're a god, thank you
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-18 22:42:36
September 18 2012 22:42 GMT
#17
lol...

I was busy/PartinG's interview is long as hell/now I got to leave home for a couple of hours.

So I'm still not even done with OSL
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Darneck
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden1394 Posts
September 18 2012 22:44 GMT
#18
Thanks for the interviews! I'm sad that Fantasy lost though :/ Much rather have him advance with an epic Fantasy - Flash rematch.
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
September 18 2012 22:44 GMT
#19
On September 19 2012 07:42 SeeKeR wrote:
lol...

I was busy/PartinG's interview is long as hell/now I got to leave home for a couple of hours.

So I'm still not even done with OSL


HURRY UP, SEEKER!!
*whips whips*

hehe

moo...for DRG
Dontkillme
Profile Joined November 2011
Korea (South)806 Posts
September 18 2012 22:47 GMT
#20
Dongraegu, the baller zerg <3. Glad he is out of his so called slump :3
Bomber & Jaedong & FlaSh & SNSD <3
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM383
TaKeTV 51
BRAT_OK 0
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 383
ProTech145
TKL 74
UpATreeSC 68
Codebar 35
Rex 33
BRAT_OK 6
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 1303
Shuttle 1114
EffOrt 514
ggaemo 336
Mini 329
Stork 265
firebathero 200
Light 181
Dewaltoss 103
Rush 102
[ Show more ]
Barracks 85
910 75
Zeus 56
sorry 56
Killer 53
Mong 45
Shine 44
Hyun 43
Shinee 42
Bale 23
ToSsGirL 23
soO 22
Aegong 21
Sexy 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Trap 12
Sacsri 10
yabsab 9
zelot 7
Dota 2
qojqva4311
Dendi1946
BananaSlamJamma432
LuMiX0
Counter-Strike
Fnx 712
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes592
Other Games
singsing2073
Liquid`RaSZi2040
hiko1196
B2W.Neo1021
Liquid`VortiX238
Sick170
ArmadaUGS155
Trikslyr43
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream518
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile130
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2263
• TFBlade759
Other Games
• WagamamaTV242
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 54m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 54m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.