• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:45
CEST 08:45
KST 15:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8582 users

[Interview] U/D Group E Winners

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-31 22:35:18
August 31 2012 14:50 GMT
#1
OP Note: I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could please check out this thread and post your comments and thoughts. <3 thank you!
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=364720



(T)SlayerS_Ryung

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You've made Code S 3 seasons in a row. How do you feel?

This season's Up/Downs was the most difficult and burdensome. I usually don't feel any kind of burden mentality wise during tournaments, but since we only had four players today, one loss meant that the chances of a rematch were that much higher. That's why I put my soul in to all my games.

There were five players originally but the number reduced down to four.

I initially thought it would be better since one person dropped out. But after thinking it through, I realized that the burden became heavier. Because you could drop out even though you performed well. So I decided to do even better than well.

What about when a group has six players?

Then it feels like you have a lot of lives left (laughs). If there are six players, you have a lot more chances so I think it is better. It's much more tiring but rather than being tiring physically it's more tiring mentally. Today, I felt a kind of nervous feeling I hadn't felt in a while.

In game one, you successfully just barely pulled off your cheese rush on Cloud Kingdom.

My control was not very good. A lot of people around me also say this. That's why I couldn't really push my advantage all the way to the high grounds. I tried out the cheese because I wanted to overcome this micro obstacle I keep facing but as expected, I faced a crisis thanks to my micro. But I was able to just barely win because my opponent got nervous. When his drone came in to my base, I suddenly remember July's Drone/Ling play back from the BW days.

You seemed to be putting a lot of effort in to early-mid game timing attacks today.

After studying my opponents' play styles, I realized that they all tended to be very laid back and non-aggressive. So I was aiming for that kind of scenario by exposing the late game but I just ended up winning it. I think my opponents made a lot of mistakes.

You fell out in the Ro16 in last season's Code S. It was probably your best result in Code S.

I think I got destroyed in a pretty embarrassing fashion last season. I lost pathetically in my first match against DRG, and I also lost pathetically against SuperNova. I felt really disappointed because there was so much I didn't get to show.

Do you feel good about this season?

I always feel good (laughs). I guess I do feel something different than what I normally feel. But even if I have a lot of confidence, I don't seem to be able to perform as well as I should be. If the heavens favor me, I might be able to grab the championship. I put in 50 and the heavens put in the other 50, that's what has to happen.

As of late, How did you spend your time?

After the MLG tournament I just completely rested. I didn't do anything but practice. That's why I got even more nervous today and felt something totally different today.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank all the SlayerS Zergs that helped me with practice. I also want to thank Brown as well. Lastly, there is something I need to say. I really don't like MMA hyung these days. [I think his playing around has become a little too much (laughs). If he's feeling good he expresses that to me a lot. That's why it's tiring. He's a keyboard warrior.]

(Z)StarTale_Life

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

For the first time ever, you made it to Code S. How do you feel right now?

I lost my first game in rather strange fashion so I'm not feeling that great. I could have defeated Ryung but I ended up losing so I'm angry at myself.

You were so sure that you would make it to Code S for season three. Why couldn't you keep your word?

I played around too much because I took it for granted. That's why after last season I practiced nothing but SC2.

Is your confidence still the same?

I think I can grab the championship this times. Since that zealot interview last time, my thoughts haven't changed.

Lately the champion Zergs seems to be struggling.

I think that's a problem because of skills and mistakes. Within the current balance, the only way to win is to be the better player. Protoss is a bit OP but I think the balance is overall really good right now.

You took quite a long break, so did were you able to progress your skills?

Ever since coming in to StarTale my skills have gotten much better. In the past, I only practiced through laddering but right now I have a lot of practice partners.

KeSPA players are doing really well right now. What are your thoughts on that?

After facing them on ladder, I believe that the KeSPA Zerg players are really good. I'm not quite sure about the other race players.

Do you want to face the KeSPA players?

I do want to face them but I haven't had the opportunity to yet. I really want to face By.Sun in Code S. I faced him when we did a (크로스 매치? Cross Match?) but I honestly didn't think he was playing like himself and he really sucked.

You said that you could win this season's Code S. Who is going to be the biggest challenge for you?

There really isn't anyone. Everyone's pretty much already there. And I'm also already there. Although, I don't think I can take down Squirtle. I think Squirtle could win it all.

If there was a certain form you wanted to show your fans for your Code S debut?

I really want to show my absolute best form (laughs).

Instead of NEXRa, should we call you StarRa now? (ZeNEXRa, StarTaleRa)

I would prefer it if my fans kept on calling me NEXRa. I don't have any other nickname anyways. I think a name like NEXRa just sounds good you know?

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank our sponsors Red Bull, BenQ, ZOWIE, and Joy Gear. I also want to thank everyone who helped me with practice.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
X3GoldDot
Profile Joined August 2011
Malaysia3840 Posts
August 31 2012 14:55 GMT
#2
ryung hates mma with a fiery passion rofl
prime/startale/[SexComaZerg, RoyalRoaderZerg, SirLifealot] ingame ID = GoodGame
ImNightmare
Profile Joined May 2012
1575 Posts
August 31 2012 14:56 GMT
#3
hmmm, can't really tell if Ryung is genuinely pissed off with MMA or he is just joking around. Good lord, wish we have video interviews.
Paincarnate
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
115 Posts
August 31 2012 14:57 GMT
#4
i thought ryung and mma were good buddies O.o
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-31 14:58:39
August 31 2012 14:58 GMT
#5
Random fun fact (I didn't know where to put it so I'll put it here) hack is the only player predicted 5th by the TL writers that didn't make it through (Life, mana, line and happy)
Glorious SEA doto
essencez
Profile Joined February 2012
342 Posts
August 31 2012 15:01 GMT
#6
MMA gets so much attention lol.
essence.gg - "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." - Samuel Beckett
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
August 31 2012 15:04 GMT
#7
On August 31 2012 23:56 ImNightmare wrote:
hmmm, can't really tell if Ryung is genuinely pissed off with MMA or he is just joking around. Good lord, wish we have video interviews.


I think if he was seriously pissed he would not talk about it in an interview.
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
SilSol
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden2744 Posts
August 31 2012 15:07 GMT
#8
Thanks once again! <3
http://fragbite.se/user/117868/silsol since 2006 http://www.reddit.com/u/silsol77
Denzil
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom4193 Posts
August 31 2012 15:09 GMT
#9
Ryung and MMA are messing around

ryung always like to have a dig at mma in his interviews
Anna: So Sen how will you prepare for your revenge v MC? Sen: With a smile.
Chickenlegs
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden451 Posts
August 31 2012 15:10 GMT
#10
<3 Ryung/MMA banter
stew_
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada239 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-31 15:14:56
August 31 2012 15:14 GMT
#11
the part where you didnt understand: ryung requests the use of brackets here to show that he has a serious face.

other than that, good job and thanks!
자연속에 내가 있다! 운!지!
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-31 15:14:52
August 31 2012 15:14 GMT
#12
Hehe Ryung's interview was a good read, although i must say i don't care about him getting to Code S. :D Not my fav player! Life neither, but what does it matter. ^^
iky43210
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States2099 Posts
August 31 2012 15:21 GMT
#13
what is a keyboard warrior?
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-31 15:31:19
August 31 2012 15:28 GMT
#14
On September 01 2012 00:14 stew_ wrote:
the part where you didnt understand: ryung requests the use of brackets here to show that he has a serious face.

other than that, good job and thanks!

Brackets starting from where?
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Quateras
Profile Joined August 2012
Germany867 Posts
August 31 2012 15:43 GMT
#15
Hey thanks for the translations SeeKeR.

If he's feeling good he expresses that to me a lot. That's why it's tiring

Is it weird that i imagine Ryung and MMA like an old couple?

Kind of interesting that life prefers NEXRa for his fans to name him.
"If you don't know where you are going, you can never get lost."
X3GoldDot
Profile Joined August 2011
Malaysia3840 Posts
August 31 2012 15:45 GMT
#16
interesting, life has always practiced on ladder rofl................
prime/startale/[SexComaZerg, RoyalRoaderZerg, SirLifealot] ingame ID = GoodGame
Ace1123
Profile Joined September 2011
Philippines1187 Posts
August 31 2012 16:01 GMT
#17
Nice one! Ryung Fighting!
ForGG, Mvp, MMA, MarineKing, BoxeR,
DiMano
Profile Joined July 2011
Korea (South)2066 Posts
August 31 2012 16:53 GMT
#18
Life is so fun to watch and thx SeeKeR for interviews I read them all!
torm3ntin
Profile Joined October 2009
Brazil2534 Posts
August 31 2012 16:57 GMT
#19
THanks a lot seeker :D As allways as fast as usain bolt
Grubby and Ret fan, but a TERRAN player :D
Arceus
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Vietnam8333 Posts
August 31 2012 17:06 GMT
#20
offtopic: looks like the next GSL will feature two new maps Abyssal City and Grand Lagoon
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft741
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 692
Stork 305
ggaemo 300
Leta 231
PianO 71
ZergMaN 29
Hyuk 29
yabsab 22
Bale 17
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm176
League of Legends
JimRising 353
Reynor61
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King206
Westballz40
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor712
Other Games
summit1g9947
C9.Mang0269
PiGStarcraft171
Sick148
ArmadaUGS67
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick608
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream128
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 16
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2298
League of Legends
• Lourlo1340
• Stunt487
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
3h 16m
Online Event
4h 16m
FEL
9h 16m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 16m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 16m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.