• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:25
CEST 01:25
KST 08:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8760 users

It's GoSu Interviews Scarlett - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
nettleberry
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States201 Posts
August 09 2012 03:48 GMT
#21
Thanks for the interview! Good read. Always love to hear more from Scarlett.
"Right?"
Wanna-be-cool
Profile Joined June 2007
United States87 Posts
August 09 2012 03:49 GMT
#22
She's good! she beat me couple times on ladder.... remembering makes me sad.... but she's a great player for sure~ Maybe the best girl player on sc2 !
It's not about mechanics and apm. It's about strategy!!
Dexington
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada7276 Posts
August 09 2012 03:54 GMT
#23
I don't think she gets a direct seed to the worlds for winning WCS Canada....
"Man you guys are missing out waving your stats dicks about instead of watching this pvp" - bbm
entropius
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1046 Posts
August 09 2012 03:58 GMT
#24
Her style is so much fun to watch. If she was the only Zerg player Blizzard watched, they'd nerf zerglings -- she has a real knack for getting amazing engages with swarms of lings and just trading so efficiently.
GoSuSocrates
Profile Joined March 2011
206 Posts
August 09 2012 04:09 GMT
#25
On August 09 2012 12:54 Dexington wrote:
I don't think she gets a direct seed to the worlds for winning WCS Canada....


I'm trying to confirm this with someone, but I believe she does. ViBE as the winner of WCS USA gets a direct spot into the WCS world championship. I was at WCS USA and confirmed it with a staff at MLG. It would not make sense if ViBE received a spot and she did not as the winner of WCS Canada.
www.itsgosu.com | twitter.com/GoSuSocrates
Dexington
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada7276 Posts
August 09 2012 04:10 GMT
#26
On August 09 2012 13:09 GoSuSocrates wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2012 12:54 Dexington wrote:
I don't think she gets a direct seed to the worlds for winning WCS Canada....


I'm trying to confirm this with someone, but I believe she does. ViBE as the winner of WCS USA gets a direct spot into the WCS world championship. I was at WCS USA and confirmed it with a staff at MLG. It would not make sense if ViBE received a spot and she did not as the winner of WCS Canada.


Why would it not? Most countries didn't get an automatic seed.
"Man you guys are missing out waving your stats dicks about instead of watching this pvp" - bbm
Metalteeth
Profile Joined December 2011
United States115 Posts
August 09 2012 04:11 GMT
#27
On August 09 2012 13:09 GoSuSocrates wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2012 12:54 Dexington wrote:
I don't think she gets a direct seed to the worlds for winning WCS Canada....


I'm trying to confirm this with someone, but I believe she does. ViBE as the winner of WCS USA gets a direct spot into the WCS world championship. I was at WCS USA and confirmed it with a staff at MLG. It would not make sense if ViBE received a spot and she did not as the winner of WCS Canada.


Well remember, WCS Germany gets a seed direct into worlds, while WCS Sweden doesn't.
Twitter: @Metalteeth9 GoGo Starcraft!
GoSuSocrates
Profile Joined March 2011
206 Posts
August 09 2012 04:13 GMT
#28
On August 09 2012 13:11 Metalteeth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2012 13:09 GoSuSocrates wrote:
On August 09 2012 12:54 Dexington wrote:
I don't think she gets a direct seed to the worlds for winning WCS Canada....


I'm trying to confirm this with someone, but I believe she does. ViBE as the winner of WCS USA gets a direct spot into the WCS world championship. I was at WCS USA and confirmed it with a staff at MLG. It would not make sense if ViBE received a spot and she did not as the winner of WCS Canada.


Well remember, WCS Germany gets a seed direct into worlds, while WCS Sweden doesn't.


Thanks for the note. I will look into this =]

www.itsgosu.com | twitter.com/GoSuSocrates
luckylefty
Profile Joined November 2010
United States272 Posts
August 09 2012 05:21 GMT
#29
Good read, awesome interviews by iG. Keep them coming!
fuzzylogic44
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada2633 Posts
August 09 2012 06:04 GMT
#30
According to Liquipedia http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2012_Battle.net_World_Championship

winners of korea, taiwan, france, germany, china, russia get direct seeds to globals, and then the rest is top X from continentals.

it would suck if she thought she was in and isn't... also if vibe thinks so...
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
August 09 2012 06:09 GMT
#31
^ yeah I had never heard anything about seeds for USA/Canada winners.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
GoSuSocrates
Profile Joined March 2011
206 Posts
August 09 2012 06:33 GMT
#32
On August 09 2012 15:04 fuzzylogic44 wrote:
According to Liquipedia http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2012_Battle.net_World_Championship

winners of korea, taiwan, france, germany, china, russia get direct seeds to globals, and then the rest is top X from continentals.

it would suck if she thought she was in and isn't... also if vibe thinks so...


That is...interesting. I emailed someone from Blizzard to disucuss this, so hopefully I'll hear back soon. When I was at WCS NA, they definitely announced that he got a spot at world championship.
www.itsgosu.com | twitter.com/GoSuSocrates
fuzzylogic44
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada2633 Posts
August 09 2012 06:47 GMT
#33
On August 09 2012 15:33 GoSuSocrates wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2012 15:04 fuzzylogic44 wrote:
According to Liquipedia http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2012_Battle.net_World_Championship

winners of korea, taiwan, france, germany, china, russia get direct seeds to globals, and then the rest is top X from continentals.

it would suck if she thought she was in and isn't... also if vibe thinks so...


That is...interesting. I emailed someone from Blizzard to disucuss this, so hopefully I'll hear back soon. When I was at WCS NA, they definitely announced that he got a spot at world championship.


Yeah that was my impression as well but then I saw the liquipedia article a while ago and figured I was mistaken. But then again, last time I looked, there were only 5 countries with direct seeds listed and now it's 6, and some of the seeding is still "TBA" under the continentals, so who knows.
GaiusBaltar
Profile Joined April 2012
Germany63 Posts
August 09 2012 07:10 GMT
#34
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/esports/about

Click on the regions there. In the "Nationals Finals Information" box under each country there's either "Direct Seed to Global Finals: 1" or not. Only France, Germany, China, Russia, South Korea and Taiwan got one. I read somewhere that Blizzard based the direct seeds on the amount of copies of SC2 that sold in each country, but I can't remember the source for that.
The world ends when you’re dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man and give some back.
FreedomSC2
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada224 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-09 07:10:45
August 09 2012 07:10 GMT
#35
Very nice Interview! love Scarlett and I love Gosu :D great job!! :D Excellent the reading material
dbizzle
Profile Joined May 2010
United States395 Posts
August 09 2012 07:22 GMT
#36
Yankun, represent that CHI TOWWWN
fuzzylogic44
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada2633 Posts
August 09 2012 07:47 GMT
#37
On August 09 2012 16:10 GaiusBaltar wrote:
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/esports/about

Click on the regions there. In the "Nationals Finals Information" box under each country there's either "Direct Seed to Global Finals: 1" or not. Only France, Germany, China, Russia, South Korea and Taiwan got one. I read somewhere that Blizzard based the direct seeds on the amount of copies of SC2 that sold in each country, but I can't remember the source for that.


I think it would be a shame if a lot of countries got weeded out in the continentals and had no representative at the global finals. That goes against the whole world championship/olympic spirit of the thing.
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
August 09 2012 07:59 GMT
#38
Once again, I had a large advantage from the start, safely managing to hatch first against a forge first opening, giving me confidence going into the midgame.

This lady's incredible. Personally, I thought, with micro, you end up even with FFE, but she takes this as an advantage no problem.

I played a very passive and tech focused build, going for very fast melee/armor upgrade, while fast teching to infestor broodlord off 4 base (after scouting Cyrano's fast 3rd). He tried to poke in once off 3 base with collosus/blinkstalker but retreated once seeing my creep spread with spines and infestor support. I knew at this point the game was already over

I'd say this is the pinnacle of ZvP quoted confidence had Stephano not made his dissertation on it through games and quotes. Fast upgrades, fast tech off 4base vs 3rd (So far, reading this, I'm thinking normal game). But a failed poke and she has this period??? Damn. Wish I knew ZvP like this!
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
stardog
Profile Joined August 2011
556 Posts
August 09 2012 09:39 GMT
#39
afair Mondragon fully retired some time ago and is no more involved in Acer
GaiusBaltar
Profile Joined April 2012
Germany63 Posts
August 09 2012 09:47 GMT
#40
On August 09 2012 16:47 fuzzylogic44 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2012 16:10 GaiusBaltar wrote:
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/esports/about

Click on the regions there. In the "Nationals Finals Information" box under each country there's either "Direct Seed to Global Finals: 1" or not. Only France, Germany, China, Russia, South Korea and Taiwan got one. I read somewhere that Blizzard based the direct seeds on the amount of copies of SC2 that sold in each country, but I can't remember the source for that.


I think it would be a shame if a lot of countries got weeded out in the continentals and had no representative at the global finals. That goes against the whole world championship/olympic spirit of the thing.


I agree, Blizzard should have given a direct seed to every national champion. They could have easily done it by bumping the global finals from a 32 player to a 64 player tournament. 29 national champions + 26 from continental finals are 55 players, they'd just have to distribute 9 more seeds among the continentals.
The world ends when you’re dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man and give some back.
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O167
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 481
ZZZero.O 167
Hyun 142
Dota 2
monkeys_forever390
League of Legends
Doublelift4075
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3806
Other Games
summit1g14818
FrodaN1520
JimRising 425
KnowMe212
Livibee200
ViBE134
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick856
BasetradeTV170
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 128
• Adnapsc2 45
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra1078
Other Games
• imaqtpie1036
• Shiphtur447
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 35m
Patches Events
15h 35m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 35m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 35m
OSC
23h 35m
OSC
1d 12h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.