• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:24
CEST 18:24
KST 01:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8553 users

Erik ‘Doa’ Lonnquist to leave IPL - Page 22

Forum Index > SC2 General
444 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 Next All
Demorase
Profile Joined January 2012
136 Posts
August 05 2012 20:16 GMT
#421
Good luck to you Doa, hope you'll enjoy your new job and everything
InsidiA
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada1169 Posts
August 05 2012 20:32 GMT
#422
Best of luck to DoA, nice to see OGN adding english casters.
GraphicsInsidiA | StarCraft 2 Manager for Team eLevate | Graphic Designer for Red Bull eSports & HTC | @iamjasonpun
TSBspartacus
Profile Joined October 2011
England1046 Posts
August 06 2012 16:17 GMT
#423
Doa should be really good at OGN.
Makes me sad for IPL though, if they go back to HD and painuser it will suck (compared to how great kevin and erik were).
Hope they can replace him with some new guy. Probably askjoshy, but it would be cool if they ran a casting competition or something.
Butterednuts
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States859 Posts
August 06 2012 16:20 GMT
#424
I loved his casts. I would lay in bed watching the IPL rebroadcasts until I fell asleep. I loved his casting style, a little bit analytics and a little bit pure entertainment.

I look forward to seeing his future casts with OGN.
Chameleons Cast No Shadows
BrassMonkey27
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada616 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-06 18:12:20
August 06 2012 18:05 GMT
#425
I wish him good luck.. but he was certainly not my favourite caster. The amount of mis-reads, failed predictions and lack of metagame knowledge was enough for me to almost completely ignore IPL aside from the bigger tournaments involving my favourite players. To be honest it seems like he smokes a ton of pot and can't collect his thoughts in a cohesive manner... not saying that's a bad thing . He's been exposed to a lot of connections with players, managers and has obviously casted a TON of games so there's really no reason he should be so mediocre. Oh well.

Best of luck in Korea, DoA.
HoneyBadger.784 Diamond KR "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Gentso
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2218 Posts
August 06 2012 18:10 GMT
#426
Hopefully IGN brings in someone more energetic and entertaining now. Every time I saw DOA casting IPL I got the vibe that he didn't want to be there.
CrushDog5
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada207 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-06 18:33:06
August 06 2012 18:30 GMT
#427
I'm really surprised at the haters; I thought he was great.

How many high-level players (Masters +) liked his casting? Is it just that you have more game knowledge? Do the haters like ANYONE's casting? Do any of the main casters have good enough game knowledge?

Just curious.

Edit: fixed typo
SkillCraft.com - StarCraft + Science
BrassMonkey27
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada616 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-06 19:25:40
August 06 2012 19:20 GMT
#428
On August 07 2012 03:30 CrushDog5 wrote:
I'm really surprised at the haters; I thought he was great.

How many high-level players (Masters +) liked his casting? Is it just that you have more game knowledge? Do the haters like ANYONE's casting? Do any of the main casters have good enough game knowledge?

Just curious.

Edit: fixed typo



Casters such as Artosis, Apollo, Rotterdam, Khaldor, Gretorp and Day9 have superb game knowledge and it is always a treat to listen to them cast. There is a large discrepancy between those 6 and the rest of the of the SC2 casting community.

While I am not a big fan of either Gretorp or Day9's casting styles, the other four make me want to tune in whenever I can. Apollo especially. That guy has a great mind for the game and knows all three races moreso then anyone else in the spotlight.

While I've hit high masters on NA a few times and am currently top diamond on korea, I don't consider my grasp of the metagame even close to complete so when I turn to watch some professional games I want professional, analytical commentary. If I wanted a bunch of filler unrelated to what I am watching I'd turn on Fox News.
HoneyBadger.784 Diamond KR "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Jarree
Profile Joined January 2012
Finland1004 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-06 21:02:32
August 06 2012 21:01 GMT
#429
I've always liked Doa. Doesnt try to be anything he is not, chill dude with good analysis. Not the best, but one of the better ones. GL in korea mate.

and btw i dont get why someone is always labeled as "hater" just because he doesnt enjoy certain casters. People like different things you cant please everyone. I dont like certain casters because they do annoying stuff, but i dont hate anyone, just dont like their casting
fishjie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1519 Posts
August 06 2012 23:57 GMT
#430
PainUser and HD are my favorite combo I wish they'd bring them back now that DOA is gone.
uikos
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States132 Posts
August 07 2012 00:02 GMT
#431
I'm not sure how to feel about this. I feel in love with Doa and Kevin after all those stressful nights of watching IPL TAC. I've never been quite as excited to tune into anything daily (besides Day9's show) besides IPL when it was just those two. IPL's broadcast is going to feel different to me without that combo...

But, on the flip side, OGN is going to be so gooodd! :DD
I'm in love with Hero~
Sgany
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United Kingdom790 Posts
August 07 2012 00:05 GMT
#432
So Flash, Jaedong and Bisu, are going to be commentated by DoA and Moletrap. I hope I can still watch the Korean stream -_-
NaDa <3, MMA <3, Bisu <3,
KangaRuthless
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States304 Posts
August 07 2012 00:29 GMT
#433
Sad day for IPL. Great news for OGN!
www.youtube.com/KangaRuthless
SoniC_eu
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark1008 Posts
August 07 2012 19:14 GMT
#434
Gl Doa Hope it's a smooth transition!
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. http://da.twitch.tv/sonic_eu
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
August 07 2012 19:16 GMT
#435
On August 07 2012 09:05 Sgany wrote:
So Flash, Jaedong and Bisu, are going to be commentated by DoA and Moletrap. I hope I can still watch the Korean stream -_-


tbh I don't care who the english commentators are I still plan on listening to the korean stream :D. Only way I would watch english one would be if it were artosis/tasteless/day9 and maybe a couple others I can't think of atm.
When I think of something else, something will go here
ShowTheLights
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
Korea (South)1718 Posts
August 07 2012 19:16 GMT
#436
Biggest news of this: Sayle (probably) won't be able to cast Proleague anymore

I love Doa, don't get me wrong, but Sayle is so awesome..
•••Acer.MMA••• <> KT_Puzzle <> JinAir•GreenWings_CoCa <> CJ_herO <> Axiom CranK & Ryung <> IM_Seed <> IM_Squirtle <> le' ToD <> Innovation <> ROOT_CatZ <> inuh! <> Chobra <> SKT1_Fantasy
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
August 07 2012 22:08 GMT
#437
I won't be filling Doa's role. I work with IPL when our schedules line up, I'm never going to be a full-time caster.

It is very clear they need an analyst though, that's the only weakness in their casting line-up right now. Catspyjamas is the best play-by-play in the business at this stage and can't be beat when it comes to professional presentation. As with all the best combos, play-by-play/analyst works best and I'm sure IPL will be able to find a couple, particularly with more players taking an interest in casting.
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
Pimpmuckl
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany528 Posts
August 07 2012 22:14 GMT
#438
On August 08 2012 07:08 TotalBiscuit wrote:
I won't be filling Doa's role. I work with IPL when our schedules line up, I'm never going to be a full-time caster.

It is very clear they need an analyst though, that's the only weakness in their casting line-up right now. Catspyjamas is the best play-by-play in the business at this stage and can't be beat when it comes to professional presentation. As with all the best combos, play-by-play/analyst works best and I'm sure IPL will be able to find a couple, particularly with more players taking an interest in casting.


I want IdrA. I would pay 100 bucks for that tbh.
twitter.com/pimpmuckl
niteReloaded
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Croatia5282 Posts
August 07 2012 22:42 GMT
#439
Doa is too sterile for my taste, not enough real personality.
He strikes me as someone dealing with depression, or at least melancholy and I don't like that in a caster.
Sgany
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United Kingdom790 Posts
August 07 2012 22:51 GMT
#440
On August 08 2012 04:16 ShowTheLights wrote:
Biggest news of this: Sayle (probably) won't be able to cast Proleague anymore

I love Doa, don't get me wrong, but Sayle is so awesome..


Which is revolting, Sayle did a great job for so long casting Proleague, he should have been offered the job as a caster. I hope he can continue his stream, I would watch it avidly, instead of someone like DoA who probably has no idea who Bisu or Effort is -_-.
NaDa <3, MMA <3, Bisu <3,
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 100
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 451
IndyStarCraft 100
BRAT_OK 37
MindelVK 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29928
Bisu 1810
Shuttle 1452
Hyuk 945
Mini 504
EffOrt 463
Larva 294
ZerO 255
firebathero 192
hero 62
[ Show more ]
Hyun 48
Mong 44
PianO 43
Trap 40
Sexy 36
Killer 34
Pusan 32
ToSsGirL 28
sorry 19
zelot 19
Rock 13
Bale 12
Terrorterran 12
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Noble 6
Liquid`Ret 3
Dota 2
Gorgc9789
qojqva1916
Dendi1003
Counter-Strike
Fnx 570
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1500
crisheroes1112
Liquid`Hasu670
Other Games
fl0m2287
singsing1959
FrodaN1280
B2W.Neo963
Beastyqt656
Mlord418
Hui .233
Liquid`VortiX167
Livibee164
KnowMe131
ArmadaUGS120
Mew2King67
Trikslyr33
CosmosSc2 16
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 61
• StrangeGG 50
• mYiSmile128
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 14
• Azhi_Dahaki12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7831
League of Legends
• Jankos1751
Other Games
• Shiphtur278
• WagamamaTV205
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
36m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 36m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 36m
INu's Battles
19h 36m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
22h 36m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 23h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.