• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:04
CEST 03:04
KST 10:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7947 users

[Interview] 2012 GSL S2 CodeS RO16 Group C Winners

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-25 17:48:32
April 25 2012 12:34 GMT
#1
StartaleParting (T/N: best interview I've translated by far. This guy is a massive troll, just look at that picture lol)

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +

You have gotten into Code S ro8 two seasons in a row

I can’t believe I was able to get into ro8. I will grow even more as a player and show great matches to my fans.

You had an absolute victory over theSTC going 2:0 in the first match

I arrived in Korea yesterday after MLG. It was hard because of jet lag but I couldn’t not practise at all. I practised despite wanting to sleep but I was still worried.
The reason was being hammered by Terrans at MLG lowering my confidence. I did become worried and nervous as a result but never thought I would lose.

How did you feel when your rematch against MKP was decided for the winner’s match?

MKP is someone I am fond of so I wanted to have fun in the games against him. I never thought of it as revenge and just wanted the match to be enjoyable. Then, MKP must’ve gotten angry because he dropped mules in Set 2 and made fun of me saying I got lucky in the previous game. So I got angry too and went for a head on approach. I planned a macro build for Set 3 but changed up my strategy.

As a result, you got your revenge for GSTL and got into ro8 at the same time

I am ecstatic. I can’t think of anything else to say.

You have secured your spot for next season’s Code S. Do you think you’re one of the Code S boys now?

I feel like I am halfway there. It’s a long way to go yet. To be one of the big boys, I think I have to make ro4 like it’s my job.

You are renowned as the Terran Killer and even today, you stomped through two Terrans.

Terrans are a piece of meal to me. I think I will have to go against Protosses in ro8. I have been told that my vZ and vP will be the end of me. Since Zergs have all dropped out, I want to take down Protosses to reach ro4 and the finals.

Who do you want to face in ro8?

To be honest, I want to face Maru who’s a Terran. He’s the one I want to face the most but strictly speaking, I don’t think he’ll make it.
So I want to face MC instead. He keeps being wary of me defending his title as the Protoss President so I will triumph over him, give a great ceremony and take the title of President as my own.

Anything to add?

I want to thank STSound who helped a lot with practice as well as Skit who is teamless. Also, I’ve gained a lot of fans. I want to thank you and I promise to continue to show great games.
JYP is sore about me supposedly making fun of him in the previous interview but it’s a misunderstanding. I really love JYP and he will win the next championship in Code S. Lastly, I want to thank our sponsors Red Bull, BenQ, Zowie Gear as well as Seoul DigiTech High School who support progaming.


Source: http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?category=13439&id=1168651

T/N: just wanted to say that I do read the comments you guys leave behind and I am grateful for how much you guys appreciate what I do.
Also, today was insanely good already, can't even imagine what ro8 will be like. Starcraft 2 has truly come a long way.

LiquidTaeja

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +

You have finally advanced to ro8 in Code S

I am so happy. Since yesterday til this morning, I was in a state of mental breakdown. Games were turning out bad and my arm had suddenly started to hurt. Then this morning, I saw messages from clan mates cheering me on. I was able to rally myself thanks to that.

Unfortunately, you dropped to the loser’s match after losing to MKP 0:2.

I wasn’t happy. I thought that I would win TvTs no matter what. MKP must be tired after getting back from MLG just yesterday so I was even more cut.

You took down theSTC in the loser’s match and got a chance at revenge

When I arrived at the studio, I was planning to advance along with theSTC. The fact that one of us had to drop was regrettable but I thought that at least one of us should advance to ro8. So I played even harder.

Unlike your first match, you showed calm and methodical play in the final match.

I think my determination that I must win helped. I macroed without being impatient and since MKP is aggressive, I played the game out defensively.

If you had to pick out why you made ro8?

No special secret (laugh). Luck’s been on my side. My skill isn’t quite enough yet but luck made up for the deficit.

Team Liquid is on the rise after your move

I gained a lot of fans after joining a foreign team. As the number of foreign fans grows, I keep thinking that I should live up to their expectations. This helps a lot with my play. Also since, Jinro is still in a bit of a slump I’m the only Code S Terran on the team. I have to play even harder to make my team well known.

Who do you want as your opponent in ro8?

I don’t care. I can beat anyone. I just want to avoid TvT. I hope it’s a Protoss.

You have secured a spot in Code S for the first time.

It’s great. If not for anything else, I don’t have to come back to Seoul one more time. Also, I don’t have to practise for as many games.

Anything to add?

NOS clan mates cheered me on a lot. I want to say thanks. I want to say thanks to NOS’Rude’, NOS’Moto’, NOS’CowTree’
I also want to thank my brother who came to the studio with me. I complained a lot practising for the matches and I’m grateful that my family put up with me.
Lastly, I want to thank the sponsors TheLittleAppFactory, Twitch TV and Razor.


Source: http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?category=13439&id=1168922
Translator
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
April 25 2012 12:38 GMT
#2
Awesome

thank you!
FataLe
Profile Joined November 2010
New Zealand4560 Posts
April 25 2012 12:40 GMT
#3
Take the title! MC's gotten lazy!
hi. big fan.
Hall0wed
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States8486 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-25 12:46:04
April 25 2012 12:43 GMT
#4
Thanks for the quick translation!

A lot of interesting things were said by Parting in a short amount of time. Gonna have to go check the last interview to see if I can find the "making fun of JYP" part.

This is what JYP must be upset about:


Losing to DRG 0:3 made me think of JYP (T/N: JYP is the opposite, great vZ, terrible vT). I did worry about one of my match ups just crumbling. However, it will not be so. Ah, and of course I don’t mean that JYP is a bad player. I hope no one misunderstands.
♦ My Life for BESTie ♦ 류세라 = 배 ♦
feanor1
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1899 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-25 12:45:31
April 25 2012 12:44 GMT
#5
I love that Startale is sponsored by Red Bull. Just sounds awesome. I thought it was just Bomber, but in the Red Bull Tourney press release they listed Parting as a Red Bull athlete, so it must of expanded.
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
April 25 2012 12:45 GMT
#6
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=328331 here's the interview where Parting mentioned JYP
Translator
flowmer
Profile Joined March 2012
21 Posts
April 25 2012 12:46 GMT
#7
I remember when Parting was just the arrogant new kid last season. Now without bias, I really look forward to his games. Thanks for the translations.
LA_Morello
Profile Joined July 2011
Brazil143 Posts
April 25 2012 12:50 GMT
#8
PartinG, I like you. I really think you can do even better. But...

No. MC is the Protoss President.
RolleMcKnolle
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany1054 Posts
April 25 2012 12:52 GMT
#9
fast^^ thanks a lot
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
April 25 2012 12:56 GMT
#10
Nice translation and cool interview.
Parting hwaiting!
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Shartugal
Profile Joined September 2011
Denmark134 Posts
April 25 2012 13:00 GMT
#11
It's so cool how fast you actually get the translations done and written! :D Really enjoyed it!
If Parting only meets Terran from here on out, I think he has a very high chance of becoming the GSL champion.
Hot_Bid:" What are your longterm plans?" Seiplo:"Money, fame and bitches"
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
April 25 2012 13:03 GMT
#12
Thanks a lot, once again!
Xtreme94
Profile Joined June 2011
Malaysia282 Posts
April 25 2012 13:07 GMT
#13
Any1 had idea what high school is this Seoul DigitalTech High School?
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
April 25 2012 13:08 GMT
#14
PartinG ways with MKP is always a treat to witness
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
April 25 2012 13:08 GMT
#15
On April 25 2012 22:07 Xtreme94 wrote:
Any1 had idea what high school is this Seoul DigitalTech High School?

my bad, it's actually digitech
Translator
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
April 25 2012 13:09 GMT
#16
Thanks for such prompt work!
Inflicted
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia18228 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-25 13:15:04
April 25 2012 13:14 GMT
#17
Love the quick translation speed.

Interesting that Skit is practising for PartinG, since he'll be going up against Creator who plays an extremely similar style. Gonna be an interesting match.
Liquipedia"Expert"
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
April 25 2012 13:15 GMT
#18
On April 25 2012 22:14 Inflicted_ wrote:
Love the quick translation speed.

Interesting that Skit is practising for PartinG, since he'll be going up against Creator who plays an extremely similar style. Gonna be an interesting match.


isn't creator more a colossus guy than a templar guy?
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
GreyKnight
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4720 Posts
April 25 2012 13:16 GMT
#19
On April 25 2012 22:14 Inflicted_ wrote:
Love the quick translation speed.

Interesting that Skit is practising for PartinG, since he'll be going up against Creator who plays an extremely similar style. Gonna be an interesting match.


Hmmm??? Parting and Creator play nothing alike.
Sumahi
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Guam5609 Posts
April 25 2012 13:24 GMT
#20
Parting, so frank compared to most other players. I love it.
Startale <3, ST_July <3, HongUn <3, Savior <3, Gretorp <3, Nada <3, Rainbow <3, Ret <3, Squirtle <3, Bomber <3
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft469
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta18
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft469
WinterStarcraft248
RuFF_SC2 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 674
White-Ra 158
Noble 76
NaDa 67
Hyuk 56
Bale 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm145
LuMiX0
League of Legends
Doublelift4629
Counter-Strike
taco 298
minikerr21
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox590
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor707
Other Games
summit1g7842
Coldzera 845
JimRising 509
C9.Mang0338
ViBE77
ArmadaUGS45
Mew2King45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick773
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream73
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 103
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21212
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
8h 57m
Online Event
9h 57m
FEL
14h 57m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 57m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 57m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.