• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:44
CEST 01:44
KST 08:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)21Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9952 users

Mentor / apprenticeship

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 14 15 16 Next All
Grubby
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands318 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-17 15:15:36
February 17 2012 15:15 GMT
#1
Hi everyone.

I've been wanting to make a difference in a player's life. Guide his career, help him from experience, tutor a younger, promising person. Someone who is talented, hard-working, friendly and deserving. Perhaps, in the end, I will not make a difference, yet maybe I willy contribute in some small way to the success in their career. Whether this would be through advice in the game itself, or by the eSports management around it. No matter what, the player will have his own fate in his own hands; should be free to make his own decisions; and will always be the main proponent of his own success. The player needs to be motivated, self-sufficient, and to be serious. I just want to help him along a little.

It's important to realize why I am sharing this news with you guys, because some people might think, "what of it?". I do not fault those people for their reactions. I'm ready to devote some time to mentor someone, and I've chosen Feast from Team Millenium. He's pretty young, and could benefit from my experience. From my part, I expect I'll feel satisfaction when I see him do well, though I have no goal or benefit in mind. Incidentally, Feast had helped me when I was new to the SC2 scene when I was not even a decent player yet. He took time to teach me new build orders, walk me through them, analyzed my replays and basically coached me some in the game.

Jeremy "Feast" Vansnick is 18 years old, is finishing up his school in Belgium and is planning to get more time off for his pro-gaming career. He has shown some promise on the international scene, is a well mannered and pretty mature player, and is just a really nice guy.

A small fact sheet.

1. I am not taking Feast away from his team. I have spoken to Millenium and they are happy with the arrangement.
2. There is no financial payment from me to Feast, or from Feast to me.
3. Feast is not in my team. I would like to act as his mentor.
4. Whatever role I will have, it should prove a negligible effect compared to his own performances in all regards. As you can see at some IEM's, he has already displayed a high level of play, for example by Top 8 @ Sao Paolo IEM and beating HerO in IEM Kiev.
5. The reason I'm telling you is to avoid rumors of poaching Feast. I just want to help.
6. You might think of me as Feast's mentor or adviser. Feast is to be my apprentice or 'padawan'.

Hope that like me, you'll all be looking forward to Feast's improvement as a player. Let's wish him the best of luck! If you wish to find out more about Feast, visit his pages:
Feast's Twitter
Feast's Facebook
Feast's Player Profile on Millenium.org

Also, Follow his Twitch stream to find out when he'll be streaming (he doesn't do this very frequently yet, but may increase the frequency):
Feast on Twitch.tv

About me, and about being a solo player:
As you may know, I am Manuel "Grubby" Schenkhuizen from the Netherlands. In April 2011, my wife and I have gone independent. Since that time, we have been wondering how we can make a difference in eSports. Throughout my career, countless people have contributed to me reaching the point where I am today. Think about fans, who are at the core of our eSports industry. Think of my opponents, who have unwittingly sharpened my steel by grinding me on the whetstone of defeat. Think of all the people who have helped me, for no other reason than their passion for the game, or their fandom of me. Helping me with opportunities, coaching, game advice, and anything under the sun - often without having a clear benefit from it. I am and have been incredibly grateful for such people. I want to do my part in helping someone in his career, someone who deserves it.

We have hinted at the possibility of hiring players in a traditional team - player sense. It is true that we have considered the acquisition of players, but it was never meant to be in the traditional sense. I've been thinking about the exact how and why, but by now that's besides the point, because we do not have the means, nor the wish, really. Hiring players requires time, money (sponsorships) and experience. Whatever the reasons, I will not be hiring any players in 2012, possibly never. I realize this may come as a bit of a disappointment to some. It may be of no particular significance to others. There might also be a % of people who are surprised, because they thought that was the direction we were headed to. To make it clear, it is challenging enough to engage in an independent career without having the responsibility over other players. A responsibility which I take incredibly seriously. After all, the players I'd want to hire would deserve proper and honest treatment, and good conditions. While I will not be hiring any players into our team, I hope that in this way, I can help Feast in his career as a professional gamer.

Yours sincerely,
Manuel "Grubby" Schenkhuizen
Homepage: followgrubby.com Twitter: @followgrubby Facebook: /followgrubby
TaeTae
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom97 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-17 15:16:43
February 17 2012 15:16 GMT
#2
COOL

Easily a top 10 sick nerd baller, Grubby!
Son of Gnome
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States777 Posts
February 17 2012 15:17 GMT
#3
Sweet grubby :D
Whatever happens, happens
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
February 17 2012 15:17 GMT
#4
Awesome, congrats to Feast I hope such an arrangement works out well!
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
masterbreti
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Korea (South)2711 Posts
February 17 2012 15:17 GMT
#5
This is kinda really awesome of you Grubby. Taking players under your wing like you are with Feast.

Pretty awesome work you do with casting and playing and in general being a baller. Keep up the good work!
Elite__
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada976 Posts
February 17 2012 15:18 GMT
#6
i always thought feast reminded me of you grubby :p! this is really awesome, and you're a really nice guy to do this... i hope feast comes out of it with even better skills to display at tournaments
evofantasy
Profile Joined December 2010
Malaysia17 Posts
February 17 2012 15:19 GMT
#7
this is a great news...
i love ur stream and from watching it and how u interact with everyone, without a doubt u will be a great mentor especially with the amount of experience you had...
as for Feast, i love his aggressive playstyle which looks really promising...

would be awaiting anxiously to see how the growth it!
Makuly
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Taiwan54 Posts
February 17 2012 15:20 GMT
#8
gogo grubby
KadaverBB
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany25658 Posts
February 17 2012 15:22 GMT
#9
Very nice

I hope you will be a great mentor, just dont let feast win every tournament he enters, leave some for yourself :D
AdministratorLaws change depending on who's making them, but justice is justice
Holdinga
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Bulgaria300 Posts
February 17 2012 15:22 GMT
#10
Grubby is one sick nerd baller.
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
February 17 2012 15:26 GMT
#11
Good luck Grubby! Good luck Feast! Big fan of the both of you :D
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
Durp
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada3117 Posts
February 17 2012 15:29 GMT
#12
This is awesome.

The only way this could get better if we start having additions to Team Grubby
SOOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOoo Many BANELINGS!!
Imalengrat
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia365 Posts
February 17 2012 15:30 GMT
#13
Awesome idea. Hope all works out best and Feast really benefits from this. <3 it
Mass Motherships Counters Almost everything
feanor1
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1899 Posts
February 17 2012 15:31 GMT
#14
Its cool that you are going to share your experience and knowledge with someone. Best of luck to both of you
dextrin303
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden320 Posts
February 17 2012 15:35 GMT
#15
Wow really cool of you, hope it works out for you guys
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
February 17 2012 15:35 GMT
#16
"I sense that the force is strong within this one. He will be the one to bring balance to the races."
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
February 17 2012 15:35 GMT
#17
Wow nice Grubby, you little mentor you

Best of luck Coach Grubby
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
February 17 2012 15:38 GMT
#18
Good luck to you both!
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Jedclark
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom903 Posts
February 17 2012 15:38 GMT
#19
This seems cool, GL to Grubby and Feast.
"They make it so scrubnubs can PM me. They make it so I can't ignore scrubnubs!" - "I'm gonna show you how great I am." MKP fan since GSL Open Season 2 #hipsternerd
sereniity
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Sweden1159 Posts
February 17 2012 15:38 GMT
#20
On February 18 2012 00:15 Grubby wrote:

About me, and about being a solo player:
As you may know, I am Manuel "Grubby" Schenkhuizen from the Netherlands. In April 2011, my wife and I have gone independent.


Just curious, does this mean that you have enough money to live the rest of your life without working or?

Slightly confused but very curious :D.
"I am Day9, Holy shit!"
1 2 3 4 5 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 67
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12571
Artosis 645
Rain 346
White-Ra 205
ToSsGirL 39
Dota 2
monkeys_forever497
NeuroSwarm149
League of Legends
Doublelift4304
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1293
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1862
Other Games
summit1g7979
Grubby2754
ArmadaUGS687
shahzam544
JimRising 536
Day[9].tv443
C9.Mang0305
ViBE137
Maynarde105
Trikslyr55
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick708
BasetradeTV232
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream116
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 93
• davetesta34
• musti20045 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra970
• Day9tv443
• Shiphtur260
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
10h 16m
OSC
13h 16m
Stellar Fest
13h 16m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.