• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:42
CEST 16:42
KST 23:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8056 users

MLG Broadcast Feedback - Page 18

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 32 Next All
dacimvrl
Profile Joined December 2011
Vatican City State582 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-26 02:25:22
February 26 2012 02:23 GMT
#341
6 words for the casters:

STOP ZOOMING IN FOR NO REASON......

It's so pointless, why watch 3 units when you can see the big picture..of how player A is resupplying or how player B is planning a surround....

oh wait, that makes too much sense, right?
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
February 26 2012 02:26 GMT
#342
On February 26 2012 10:56 Jibba wrote:
Seriously, stop all the zoom ins and camera rotations. :|

They're all worse for the viewer.


i thought some of the zoom ins were cool :D but not a single rotation so far has been to actually reveal a new angle (no pun intended) to the fight, just to be a bit of a tit with the camera.
ODKStevez
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland1225 Posts
February 26 2012 02:27 GMT
#343
Only thing I have to say is that the Broadcast is at a very awkward time for the EU, weekend or not.
Luppa <3
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
February 26 2012 02:27 GMT
#344
On February 26 2012 11:26 turdburgler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2012 10:56 Jibba wrote:
Seriously, stop all the zoom ins and camera rotations. :|

They're all worse for the viewer.


i thought some of the zoom ins were cool :D but not a single rotation so far has been to actually reveal a new angle (no pun intended) to the fight, just to be a bit of a tit with the camera.

Some of the zooms have been during small battles, so you're literally missing what's going on in half of the fight.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Domia
Profile Joined November 2010
United States13 Posts
February 26 2012 02:30 GMT
#345
My experience with the streams so far have been quite good, 1080/360x3 using the quad layout without any hiccups at all. Something I feel like is missing is the ability to hide all of the UI elements without making a specific stream go full screen - I'm using Chrome's full screen mode (F11) and it looks great except for the presence of the MLG header and footer.

I've solved this for myself by making a (toggle-able) bookmarklet:
javascript: (function() { window.oldMLGResize = typeof(window.oldMLGResize) == 'undefined' ? $(window).data('events').resize[0].handler : window.oldMLGResize; window.isFullscreenToggledOn = typeof(window.isFullscreenToggledOn) == 'undefined' ? true : !window.isFullscreenToggledOn; var w = $(window); if(window.isFullscreenToggledOn) { w.unbind('resize').resize(function() { $('header').hide(); $('footer').hide(); $('#stage').height(w.height()).width(w.width()).css('margin-left','0px').css('margin-right', '0px'); }); } else { w.unbind('resize').resize(window.oldMLGResize); $('header').show(); $('footer').show(); } w.resize() })();


If you aren't familiar with bookmarklets, just copy-paste the code above into the URL field for a new bookmark. Works great for chrome, a little too lazy to test for other browsers.
JustJonny
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada294 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-26 02:39:11
February 26 2012 02:36 GMT
#346
On February 26 2012 11:27 ODKStevez wrote:
Only thing I have to say is that the Broadcast is at a very awkward time for the EU, weekend or not.


but presumably very convenient for New York City. You know, where it's being held?

edit: my feedback. i think the event has been run very well. it has been non-stop games all day, both days so far. I've had periods of time where the strem lags pretty hard, but that isn't specific to this tournament in my experience; i often have intermittent probs with twitch streams. keep it up! great games so far.
GatorGar
Profile Joined December 2011
Somalia77 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-26 02:38:27
February 26 2012 02:37 GMT
#347
I would like to see better casters next time around. Having 4 b-team casters is unacceptable for $20. Rob Simpson, Robin, Tumba, and the dude casting with Tumba are hard to watch. Lots of "Uh's" and not a lot of insight. I would seriously rather watch eliminated players cast than those guys.

edit: Wrong predictions every 10 seconds in the early game on the Tumba steam. Just lame, on the whole.
:D Life's tough in Somalia :D
dacimvrl
Profile Joined December 2011
Vatican City State582 Posts
February 26 2012 02:48 GMT
#348
I am so glad Artosis is casting this one, no more redundant zoom ins, YAY!!
friedchicken
Profile Joined May 2011
United States143 Posts
February 26 2012 02:51 GMT
#349
All the streams, except for number 2, are blacked out...
"Don't panic" - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
corpuscle
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States1967 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-26 02:55:43
February 26 2012 02:54 GMT
#350
On February 26 2012 11:23 dacimvrl wrote:
6 words for the casters:

STOP ZOOMING IN FOR NO REASON......

It's so pointless, why watch 3 units when you can see the big picture..of how player A is resupplying or how player B is planning a surround....

oh wait, that makes too much sense, right?


I think Tasteless got super excited about zooming in after it was so cool when it was a single zealot/stalker vs. a bunch of lings, and then just overdid it after that.

I got really pissed when he was zooming in on a fight during one of the Naniwa/Nestea games and I couldn't see the health of the 3rd which I knew zealots were attacking, it's not like it ruined the game but it was unnecessary and annoying.

All the streams, except for number 2, are blacked out...


I think that's because they're done.

I would like to see better casters next time around. Having 4 b-team casters is unacceptable for $20. Rob Simpson, Robin, Tumba, and the dude casting with Tumba are hard to watch. Lots of "Uh's" and not a lot of insight. I would seriously rather watch eliminated players cast than those guys.


I also have to kind of agree with this, besides that I actually like Rob Simpson.
From the void I am born into wave and particle
friedchicken
Profile Joined May 2011
United States143 Posts
February 26 2012 02:59 GMT
#351
"I think that's because they're done."


They're back up (for now). Now I can watch the games in 240p with massive lag.
"Don't panic" - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Arghmyliver
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States1081 Posts
February 26 2012 03:12 GMT
#352
The production looked great. Until I was reminded I needed 20 bucks for the stream. Doesn't really matter how pretty the guy trying to rob me is. Off to watch streams not hampered by such blatant Smaug-ery.
Now witness their attempts to fly from tree to tree. Notice they do not so much fly as plummet.
mlspmatt
Profile Joined October 2011
Canada404 Posts
February 26 2012 03:13 GMT
#353
The Stream has been 100% better today than yesterday, Good Job Guys.
Dispersion
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Korea (South)504 Posts
February 26 2012 03:17 GMT
#354
On February 26 2012 12:13 mlspmatt wrote:
The Stream has been 100% better today than yesterday, Good Job Guys.


QFT. They've really stepped up. Has been amazing.
Don't worry. Taht's just Halo
dizzy101
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands2066 Posts
February 26 2012 03:21 GMT
#355
I want all MLG events to be like this from now on. Live crowds are overrated. Production and casting of this events are great. Non-stop awesome games with some interviews for $20?---yes please, KEEP DOING WHAT UR DOING
Aeceus
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom1278 Posts
February 26 2012 03:21 GMT
#356
This has by far been the best PPV I have ever bought. WWE/F UFC included. I have been invested in nearly all the games! and I really like that there is some cheese mixed it even when it turns into macro games afterwards. Really great all around. The casting has been solid and hilarious and I am hoping tomorrow we are going to see more hatcheries.
dacimvrl
Profile Joined December 2011
Vatican City State582 Posts
February 26 2012 03:22 GMT
#357
On February 26 2012 12:21 Aeceus wrote:
This has by far been the best PPV I have ever bought. WWE/F UFC included. I have been invested in nearly all the games! and I really like that there is some cheese mixed it even when it turns into macro games afterwards. Really great all around. The casting has been solid and hilarious and I am hoping tomorrow we are going to see more hatcheries.


IMO, Blizzard Cup was still the best, no contest.
CPTBadAss
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States594 Posts
February 26 2012 03:29 GMT
#358
For MLG Winter Arena, Robin's constant camera rotations are really annoying. It's so odd to see the perspective different. It makes it very distracting to try and reorient what is going on in a battle.

Also for the quad view or any other multi view like trio, it would be nice if there was a tab that let you know what players are playing on which streams. When I'm running the quad view with 4 games playing, its hard to keep track of whats going on and who's playing which match.

On the plus side, I really love the constant changing of casters between streams and even the guest casters like Grubby, Catz, and Drewbie. It keeps the casters rested and relaxed which seems to result in constant fresh and fun casting.
I'll keep on struggling, 'cause that's the measure of a man | "That was the plan: To give him some hope, and then crush him" -Stephano
LoB
Profile Joined October 2011
United Kingdom32 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-26 03:40:43
February 26 2012 03:30 GMT
#359
The sad thing with these sort of threads is the haters come out in force and the people who were happy don't say much.

I have really enjoyed all the coverage even being from the UK. 1080p Stream and multi stream access has been great, all the casters seemed ok. I didn't enjoy Sjow and Drewbies cast of MvP vs Ganzi but they were new to it all so I can forgive that.

If I was to give any ideas for future events;

- subscriber chat from the get go and moderators in abudance.
- maybe a dedicated venue and small "intimate" crowd
- slightly lower cost for overall tournament (though I don't feel like my 20$ was wasted on this event).
- super fast vod uploads for the fact no event can cater for all timezones.
- expert panel with players and other play by play casters (like with catz in this event)
- a support section that does not lead to a deadlink, maybe a ticket system set-up with twitch tv
- some community/mlg observer staff for games.

Thats it really, from what I saw 99% of the audience have enjoyed this event and problems were at a minimum and were fixed quickly.

Big thumbs up and hope for more in the future.
"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
mango_destroyer
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3914 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-26 03:34:29
February 26 2012 03:32 GMT
#360
The obsing needs quite a bit of work.

On a side note, I don`t think I will pay for this again because I already know my friends and some people on the forums being able to bypass and be able to watch for free.

Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 32 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1124
RotterdaM685
SteadfastSC295
TKL 258
Rex126
CosmosSc2 38
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 666
SteadfastSC 308
TKL 258
Rex 126
ProTech106
CosmosSc2 38
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44392
Calm 3459
Shuttle 2751
Jaedong 1839
Horang2 756
Mini 567
Rush 425
EffOrt 387
Soma 349
Soulkey 346
[ Show more ]
Stork 319
ZerO 248
Larva 239
BeSt 206
Snow 204
firebathero 121
Mong 119
Zeus 98
910 78
hero 74
Mind 72
sorry 68
Free 62
Sharp 49
Hyun 49
Yoon 48
Shine 39
Shinee 37
PianO 34
ToSsGirL 29
Pusan 28
JYJ 22
Sexy 20
Aegong 19
Bale 19
HiyA 18
Killer 17
Terrorterran 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Rock 11
Hm[arnc] 10
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5275
Dendi1150
420jenkins47
Counter-Strike
fl0m2867
Fnx 624
x6flipin79
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King134
ChuDatz26
Other Games
singsing2212
hiko795
Liquid`RaSZi606
B2W.Neo393
crisheroes355
dupreeh270
ceh9252
DeMusliM215
Khaldor209
Livibee188
Pyrionflax185
Liquid`VortiX147
Hui .122
Trikslyr94
QueenE66
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 323
Other Games
BasetradeTV233
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH241
• mYiSmile116
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV62
League of Legends
• Nemesis2060
• Jankos1643
• TFBlade573
Other Games
• Shiphtur494
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 18m
The PondCast
19h 18m
INu's Battles
20h 18m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.