• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:56
CEST 06:56
KST 13:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)27Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8278 users

Why oGs will win the GSTL - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Zaxon
Profile Joined January 2011
Belgium209 Posts
January 26 2012 01:21 GMT
#41
OW jeah ! OGS FTW !!
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-26 01:22:31
January 26 2012 01:21 GMT
#42
On January 26 2012 09:41 KvltMan wrote:
Even though I really appreciate seeing hype about the upcoming GSTL, these threads don't really seem to have as much effort put in to them as the ones in the BW forum.

Example:
BW
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=97708
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=167558
SC2
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306289
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306314

They just feel uninspired in comparison, and it feels like post like this and the above-mentioned FXO-post feels like posts that people made because they saw one about TSL, and one about Prime (which are well made, I might add.)
But seeing hype-posts without any pictures, tales, memorable quotes, analysis or banners just misses the entire point of hyping shit up, imo.

I am sorry if I come across like a twat and a total asshat, but I don't want this tradition from BW to turn in to something... Well, worse. We all saw what happened with the thread about "Cool unsual SC2" that mimicked the one in the BW-forum?
SC2
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=199993
BW
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=197538

So, guys. I am not hating, I just know that we can do better! :D


I think the reason is that people don't have the same attachment to teams in SC2 as we had in BW. With passionate fanboys comes in-depth posts full of knowledge only a true fanboy would know. It's no surprise that the best "Why _____ Will Win the GSTL" post so far was the one made by VirgilSC2 who is one of the few posters on the SC2 side with an extreme affinity towards a particular team (or at least he did until the recent Coach Lee drama). Only a small minority of SC2 posters wear their team colors so boldly whereas on the BW forums it's actually the norm. The main issue here is that proleague was the backbone of professional BW whereas GSTL is just a side show. There is no avenue for heated team rivalries to develop. It also doesn't help that we don't have SC2 team icons to brandish like we do on the BW side.
RaiKageRyu
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada4773 Posts
January 26 2012 01:35 GMT
#43
That Inca joke still hasn't gotten old for me.XD
Someone call down the Thunder?
Polarexia
Profile Joined November 2010
United States383 Posts
January 26 2012 01:36 GMT
#44
But how can oGs win when TSL will?
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-26 01:39:35
January 26 2012 01:37 GMT
#45
Slayers or MVP this season.


BTW what's the word on Fantasy GSTL this season? I got absolutely facerolled last time despite doing pretty well in the liquibet.
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
Mrvoodoochild1
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1439 Posts
January 26 2012 01:37 GMT
#46
For convenience sake, can someone consolidate all the "Why X Team will win the GSTL" into one thread.

"let your freak flag fly"
ptrpb
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada753 Posts
January 26 2012 01:39 GMT
#47
Needs more on InCa and a loottt more on SuperNoVa
MBAACC | SG | shit at fighting games
ampson
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2355 Posts
January 26 2012 01:41 GMT
#48
On January 26 2012 10:21 red4ce wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2012 09:41 KvltMan wrote:
Even though I really appreciate seeing hype about the upcoming GSTL, these threads don't really seem to have as much effort put in to them as the ones in the BW forum.

Example:
BW
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=97708
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=167558
SC2
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306289
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306314

They just feel uninspired in comparison, and it feels like post like this and the above-mentioned FXO-post feels like posts that people made because they saw one about TSL, and one about Prime (which are well made, I might add.)
But seeing hype-posts without any pictures, tales, memorable quotes, analysis or banners just misses the entire point of hyping shit up, imo.

I am sorry if I come across like a twat and a total asshat, but I don't want this tradition from BW to turn in to something... Well, worse. We all saw what happened with the thread about "Cool unsual SC2" that mimicked the one in the BW-forum?
SC2
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=199993
BW
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=197538

So, guys. I am not hating, I just know that we can do better! :D


I think the reason is that people don't have the same attachment to teams in SC2 as we had in BW. With passionate fanboys comes in-depth posts full of knowledge only a true fanboy would know. It's no surprise that the best "Why _____ Will Win the GSTL" post so far was the one made by VirgilSC2 who is one of the few posters on the SC2 side with an extreme affinity towards a particular team (or at least he did until the recent Coach Lee drama). Only a small minority of SC2 posters wear their team colors so boldly whereas on the BW forums it's actually the norm. The main issue here is that proleague was the backbone of professional BW whereas GSTL is just a side show. There is no avenue for heated team rivalries to develop. It also doesn't help that we don't have SC2 team icons to brandish like we do on the BW side.


Or: The 4 or so people who made the SC2 ones are lazier than the 4 or so who made the BW ones.
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
January 26 2012 01:46 GMT
#49
On January 26 2012 10:41 ampson wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2012 10:21 red4ce wrote:
On January 26 2012 09:41 KvltMan wrote:
Even though I really appreciate seeing hype about the upcoming GSTL, these threads don't really seem to have as much effort put in to them as the ones in the BW forum.

Example:
BW
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=97708
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=167558
SC2
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306289
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306314

They just feel uninspired in comparison, and it feels like post like this and the above-mentioned FXO-post feels like posts that people made because they saw one about TSL, and one about Prime (which are well made, I might add.)
But seeing hype-posts without any pictures, tales, memorable quotes, analysis or banners just misses the entire point of hyping shit up, imo.

I am sorry if I come across like a twat and a total asshat, but I don't want this tradition from BW to turn in to something... Well, worse. We all saw what happened with the thread about "Cool unsual SC2" that mimicked the one in the BW-forum?
SC2
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=199993
BW
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=197538

So, guys. I am not hating, I just know that we can do better! :D


I think the reason is that people don't have the same attachment to teams in SC2 as we had in BW. With passionate fanboys comes in-depth posts full of knowledge only a true fanboy would know. It's no surprise that the best "Why _____ Will Win the GSTL" post so far was the one made by VirgilSC2 who is one of the few posters on the SC2 side with an extreme affinity towards a particular team (or at least he did until the recent Coach Lee drama). Only a small minority of SC2 posters wear their team colors so boldly whereas on the BW forums it's actually the norm. The main issue here is that proleague was the backbone of professional BW whereas GSTL is just a side show. There is no avenue for heated team rivalries to develop. It also doesn't help that we don't have SC2 team icons to brandish like we do on the BW side.


Or: The 4 or so people who made the SC2 ones are lazier than the 4 or so who made the BW ones.

Yeah, I think this is it lol.

All the threads so far (minus vigils TSL one) trying to hype aren't hyping well due to not enough effort in the OP...If you really put in the effort these threads are really really awesome. But right now they're just meh.
ImmortalTofu
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1254 Posts
January 26 2012 01:47 GMT
#50
-.- I had a draft of this going..... Anywayyy. I think you fail to mention that STC and Supernova are powerful aces (where's stc as a standout in your post? O.o, finals of Korean weekly bro) and that oGs has a good team composition with TWO reliable terran aces (who are less liable to fall to cheesy antics in general) and two powerful snipers in ForGG and Inca. Backed by its high level coach (one of only one or two high level korean coaches along with inca and possibly (?) cella?), and pretty strong line of second-string players in Vines (who's finally starting to hit his stride), TOP (who played above expectations in the matches shown in King of Kongs), the upcoming Illusion (or icecream, who won a TL Open), Jookto and Luvsic (two underrated and at least mid-high tier code A players), and NaDa (who barely lost in his tough GSL group) I think the chances of them doing well is unquestionable.
"Friendship ain't a business deal"
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
January 26 2012 01:49 GMT
#51
On January 26 2012 10:47 ImmortalTofu wrote:
-.- I had a draft of this going..... Anywayyy. I think you fail to mention that STC and Supernova are powerful aces (where's stc as a standout in your post? O.o, finals of Korean weekly bro) and that oGs has a good team composition with TWO reliable terran aces (who are less liable to fall to cheesy antics in general) and two powerful snipers in ForGG and Inca. Backed by its high level coach (one of only one or two high level korean coaches along with inca and possibly (?) cella?), and pretty strong line of second-string players in Vines (who's finally starting to hit his stride), TOP (who played above expectations in the matches shown in King of Kongs), the upcoming Illusion (or icecream, who won a TL Open), Jookto and Luvsic (two underrated and at least mid-high tier code A players), and NaDa (who barely lost in his tough GSL group) I think the chances of them doing well is unquestionable.

If I were you I'd finish it if you put a lot of effort into it. I think really well written hype threads are good. I personally think that this is not one of them. So if you feel yours is really good and detailed then please, please finish it
ImmortalTofu
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1254 Posts
January 26 2012 01:50 GMT
#52
^Ok! I'll think about getting it completely up, but it probably wouldn't be in that state until the weekend. We'll see :D I'll get back to work on it ^^
"Friendship ain't a business deal"
Goibon
Profile Joined May 2010
New Zealand8185 Posts
January 26 2012 01:52 GMT
#53
On January 26 2012 10:50 ImmortalTofu wrote:
^Ok! I'll think about getting it completely up, but it probably wouldn't be in that state until the weekend. We'll see :D I'll get back to work on it ^^

Let nothing stand in the way of quality contributions~!

The higher the bar gets raised, the better.
Leenock =^_^= Ryung =^_^= Parting =^_^= herO =^_^= Guilty
Kluey
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada1197 Posts
January 26 2012 01:53 GMT
#54
Zenio, HerO? The oGs-TL is still intact.
ptrpb
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada753 Posts
January 26 2012 01:53 GMT
#55
It's a shame I wanted to make a thread about why oGs will actually win the GSTL as a oGsfan from launch but oh well. Maybe I'll make mine in blogs..
MBAACC | SG | shit at fighting games
Leifish
Profile Joined July 2011
851 Posts
January 26 2012 02:28 GMT
#56
Without MC, oGs is done for!
ShangMing
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada106 Posts
January 26 2012 02:51 GMT
#57
On January 26 2012 09:38 Mortal wrote:
I'm pretty sure one of these has been made for every team... am I missing something?


It's not done yet. We still need a thread for analyses on every single individual player.
andyrau
Profile Joined December 2010
13015 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-26 02:54:06
January 26 2012 02:52 GMT
#58
On January 26 2012 11:28 Leifish wrote:
Without MC, oGs is done for!

pffffffft oGs ain't no one trick pony.
supernova is a threat in all mus, vines and luvsic have been touted since forever as an up-and-coming players, inca is a pvp god, fin is.. for5gg, thestc and top are always threats, and they have the eternal bonjwa. AND THEY HAVE JONGMI yeeeeeee
oGs isn't going anywhere.

edit: I meant "anywhere but up."
"Zai is legitimately not as good as bulba." | kaipi ti3 champions
docvoc
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States5491 Posts
January 26 2012 03:10 GMT
#59
what about TheSTC?
User was warned for too many mimes.
VirgilSC2
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States6151 Posts
January 26 2012 03:13 GMT
#60
On January 26 2012 09:41 KvltMan wrote:
Even though I really appreciate seeing hype about the upcoming GSTL, these threads don't really seem to have as much effort put in to them as the ones in the BW forum.

Example:
BW
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=97708
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=167558
SC2
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306289
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306314

They just feel uninspired in comparison, and it feels like post like this and the above-mentioned FXO-post feels like posts that people made because they saw one about TSL, and one about Prime (which are well made, I might add.)
But seeing hype-posts without any pictures, tales, memorable quotes, analysis or banners just misses the entire point of hyping shit up, imo.

I am sorry if I come across like a twat and a total asshat, but I don't want this tradition from BW to turn in to something... Well, worse. We all saw what happened with the thread about "Cool unsual SC2" that mimicked the one in the BW-forum?
SC2
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=199993
BW
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=197538

So, guys. I am not hating, I just know that we can do better! :D


There IS a good Starcraft 2 one
Clarity Gaming #1 Fan | Avid MTG Grinder | @VirgilSC2
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2121
Snow 120
Bale 28
Noble 14
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm193
Counter-Strike
taco 427
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1458
Mew2King8
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1304
WinterStarcraft616
Other Games
summit1g7966
JimRising 649
PiGStarcraft319
C9.Mang0167
ArmadaUGS156
Maynarde133
Sick111
RuFF_SC2108
ViBE76
Livibee51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick643
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream152
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki138
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2106
League of Legends
• Lourlo1391
• Rush1098
• Stunt313
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 5m
OSC
8h 5m
Stellar Fest
8h 5m
OSC
19h 5m
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.