• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:47
CEST 10:47
KST 17:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9318 users

Interviews VileIllusion, NrGLuckyFool, Torenhire

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1Focus
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States409 Posts
January 23 2012 20:05 GMT
#1
Hey guys! This is Area 51 Focus! I was at the Netolic DC LAN this Saturday and it was extremely fun. While there I met these three people and got into talk with them and manage to catch an interview with them. Here's an excerpt of each of their interviews!

These were partially LAN Interviews and General Questions

You can check out the rest here: http://area51gaming.com/news/475/dclan

[image loading]

Torenhire(Event Runner)


+ Show Spoiler +
How did you go about finding this LAN center and asking them to run an event like this? Was is difficult setting an event of this size up?

It's a long story, but to keep it short, we have been bouncing around LAN centers in the northern Virginia area, because we keep outgrowing them! Luckyfool and I hosted Brood War LANs together and were using another LAN center, when someone suggested Netolic to us. However at that time, Netolic was being sold or changing management or something along those lines...years later after some construction, we're back at Netolic! I think everyone that showed up today has agreed that this is the best LAN center we've been to, but we're already too big for Netolic!

The most difficult part is getting the groups and brackets set up to a "decent" number. I think we had 24 Diamond and Under tournament players, so the bracket got kind of wacky. Other than that, things are pretty smooth once the event gets started!

How is it running two tournaments at once?

Tiring, would be the first answer! It's a lot of fun though, and a lot of the DC LAN regulars are very self-sufficient at this point, so I don't have to babysit anyone or anything like that. Usually once I tell people groups or brackets are posted, they're off on their own and only have to flag me down to report wins! However, I do pull people for help in making groups, making brackets, signing players in, and so on, and I appreciate their help a ton!

From what I am hearing, it seems this has been the biggest turnout for a D.C. LAN. When do you feel that these events will start attracting sponsors?


It's definitely the largest turnout we've ever had, I think the Diamond tournament is to thank for that. We had some feedback that people were getting discouraged now that more masters and grandmasters are showing up to play, so Luckyfool and I decided to host a tournament for the Diamond and below ranked players. It ended up being a fantastic plan and I think that helped our turnout a bunch! We'll definitely be doing this from here on out!

In the past, I had emailed a few places for sponsorships for a LAN, but nothing ever ended up coming from it. It's more of a passive search, other than reaching out for sponsors via email, I don't do anything more active than that. Maybe if we have another LAN with this same amount of interest, we'll start being a lot more active in a sponsor search!


p.s. This interview is for people looking to run a LAN and to also show what it takes to run one

[image loading]

NrGLuckyFool

+ Show Spoiler +

Your are anotable player that has been to a few MLG events and IPL 3 almost making it into the Championship bracket a few times. Do you plan on going to any MLG/IPL events this year? If so, how many and what is your goal for those events?

I do plan on getting out to as many MLG's as I can. I have many friends in the Starcraft 2 community so I expect I will probably continue to compete at these events and travel around. Starcraft 2 is a hobby for me, I work full time so I don't really have time to try to make it full time in Starcraft 2, the money isn't really there to try to dedicate my life for Starcraft 2. I don't go to MLG's to make money, I go to compete and to travel and meet new people and also being there live to watch games is super exciting too.

What is your daily practice schedule during months with events in it? Does it vary or stay fairly consistent?

I play consistently around 20-25 hours a week or so. This is not much compared to other pros but I can't really dedicate more than that because of work and life. In the future if something ever happens I may be able to change my living situation to play more but right now I'm pretty happy.


[image loading]

VileIllusion

+ Show Spoiler +
The 2012 MLG has already announced their first venue for the year. Will you be going to that event? Also, will you try going to any other MLG and IPL live events throughout the year, if so how many?

I'm not too sure how the new mlg format works, but I will try to attend every live event I can. Whether it be MLG, IPL, I will try to attend (IEM Sao Paolo :D)

Are there any other tournaments or events that you wish to go to throughout this year? If so which ones?

I really want to go to DreamHack but the fee to go over there seems crazy @_@.

You are an extremely talented player at the young age of 15. What is Starcraft 2 to you at this point and time? A hobby or profession?


Definitely a Profession, I look forward to doing this full time.

Do you feel that your age is a hindrance or does it help you?

I don't know how it feels to be 20+ so I couldn't say. I would think that it shouldn't matter too much, unless you are 30 years old or so.

Where do you see your Starcraft 2 career going and how far are you willing to go to achieve said career?


I'm aiming to become a respected player, as well as one of the best. I will practice day and night to achieve my goals and nothing is going to get in the way of that.

It seems that you have tons of talent that can flourish in the right environment. Would you ever go to Korea to stay at a team house? If so which one?


I don't know which team house I would stay in but yes I would go to Korea. I'm not sure if I would like the environment but it would be a good experience for me.


This is my first time interviewing people so I was kind of nervous. Please leave comments telling what other questions I could possibly ask so I can do that for the next event I go to play at.

Also please leave a comment in the Area 51 Thread telling them you like these kind of things so I can keep doing them when I get sent to LAN events!!!

Also follow their NEW Starcraft 2 Team that showed up to the LAN and were trying to make a name for the team.


@Area51Focus
@Area51Gaming
www.Area51Gaming.com

Mods:
+ Show Spoiler +
If there was something wrong with the thread feel free to PM me and I will change it....Sorry for anything
Twitter: iF0CUS
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
January 23 2012 20:10 GMT
#2
Cool interviews. Hopefully Illusion does have the chance to train in Korea one day. He has potential.
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
Xova
Profile Joined November 2010
United States342 Posts
January 23 2012 20:17 GMT
#3
Nice, Ive been watching Vileillusion stream a lot and downloaded his replay pack. I love the way he plays, aside of Thorzain and Select, Illusion is one of my favorite Terrans!
If you're a Starcraft fan, you're an Lim Yo Hwan fan.
strength
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States493 Posts
January 23 2012 20:19 GMT
#4
On January 24 2012 05:10 Bagration wrote:
Cool interviews. Hopefully Illusion does have the chance to train in Korea one day. He has potential.


Yes and hes only 15... crazy skill for being so young
Dice17
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States520 Posts
January 23 2012 20:22 GMT
#5
sick interview!!

man I remember the days when illusion was zerg and he would rage over zvz haha good times
GamaBear #1 Fan! Sen fighting~
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
firebathero 1155
Hyuk 736
Leta 80
Dewaltoss 74
Killer 59
Yoon 49
soO 49
Aegong 45
Sharp 35
Hm[arnc] 23
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 22
Larva 22
Bale 21
Sacsri 11
ZerO 5
Dota 2
Fuzer 130
League of Legends
JimRising 465
Counter-Strike
byalli618
shoxiejesuss560
kRYSTAL_30
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor925
crisheroes1
Other Games
summit1g9532
singsing1220
olofmeister1035
ceh9595
Mew2King94
ArmadaUGS46
trigger7
ZerO(Twitch)3
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream125
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• FirePhoenix0
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2354
League of Legends
• Rush1206
• Stunt505
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
4h 13m
OSC
13h 13m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 1h
Online Event
1d 2h
FEL
1d 7h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 8h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 10h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.