• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:20
CEST 22:20
KST 05:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8018 users

DreamHack - Appreciation Thread - Page 23

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 36 Next All
Valikyr
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden2653 Posts
April 23 2012 14:11 GMT
#441
Ponde said on Lo3 that the ideal situation would be a Swede vs Korean final with the Swede taking it. And that was exactly what we got! Excellent tournament all-around. Even in its results.
Sinedd
Profile Joined July 2008
Poland7052 Posts
April 23 2012 14:13 GMT
#442
Awesome stuff

keep it up please !
T H C makes ppl happy
Lysanias
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands8351 Posts
April 23 2012 14:14 GMT
#443
Ty for this amazing event ! Though i would have loved to see a Bo5 and Bo7, instead of Bo3 and Bo5 it still was such an amazing well put together event, great crowd awsome production and entertaining games. Looking forward to the next Dreamhack !
Kiichol
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden182 Posts
April 23 2012 14:15 GMT
#444
On April 23 2012 23:07 m0ck wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 22:25 Regent wrote:
On April 23 2012 22:10 Technique wrote:
On April 23 2012 22:08 Regent wrote:
On April 23 2012 20:48 Ireniicus wrote:
On April 23 2012 20:45 SinCitta wrote:
On April 23 2012 19:59 Regent wrote:
Is nobody going to mention the AWFUL moment when the organiser came out fist pumping shouting "Are you entertained?!". That was just terrible, I had to mute and minimise.


For organizing all this good stuff, he deserves five minutes on his own stage, independent how good on camera he is. Same goes for Sundance, Carmac, David Ting etc.


I agree. I see no problem with organisers coming on stage at some point. the amount of work required to make these events happen is staggering.

Obviously, these guys deserve some limelight and a great deal of respect for all their hard work. It was more HOW he did it that I just found a little contrived, patronising and embarassing.

The event was EPIC though all round, and they deserve every ounce of credit, I was just a bit embarassed for everyone involved for that 1 minute period. I think he thought it would go down better than it did.


That's just nitpicking tho.

Yes, yes it is. An event that's so epic overall could have been even better. Offering criticism on a specific point could be considered nitpicking. For me though, it was a pretty mortifying and cringeworthy moment within a sea of pure gold. I just HAD to bring it up as nobody else was mentioning it.

I'm not a hater :-)


As it seems you were the sole who actually noticed or took offense, perhaps the error is in you?


No it's constructive criticism imo. It was really awkward when he came out. He didn't have to be so dramatic about it. He could have just gave a calm and collected speech. Would have conveyed his message a lot clearer and the crowd would still have cheered and applauded at the end of it. He was essentially saying Stockholm would be the e-sports hub of Europe right? I for one hope that becomes true =)
“In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane.” - Oscar Wilde
THM
Profile Joined November 2010
Bulgaria1131 Posts
April 23 2012 14:17 GMT
#445
In two words, Dreamhack rocks
Regent
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom52 Posts
April 23 2012 14:20 GMT
#446
On April 23 2012 23:07 m0ck wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 22:25 Regent wrote:
On April 23 2012 22:10 Technique wrote:
On April 23 2012 22:08 Regent wrote:
On April 23 2012 20:48 Ireniicus wrote:
On April 23 2012 20:45 SinCitta wrote:
On April 23 2012 19:59 Regent wrote:
Is nobody going to mention the AWFUL moment when the organiser came out fist pumping shouting "Are you entertained?!". That was just terrible, I had to mute and minimise.


For organizing all this good stuff, he deserves five minutes on his own stage, independent how good on camera he is. Same goes for Sundance, Carmac, David Ting etc.


I agree. I see no problem with organisers coming on stage at some point. the amount of work required to make these events happen is staggering.

Obviously, these guys deserve some limelight and a great deal of respect for all their hard work. It was more HOW he did it that I just found a little contrived, patronising and embarassing.

The event was EPIC though all round, and they deserve every ounce of credit, I was just a bit embarassed for everyone involved for that 1 minute period. I think he thought it would go down better than it did.


That's just nitpicking tho.

Yes, yes it is. An event that's so epic overall could have been even better. Offering criticism on a specific point could be considered nitpicking. For me though, it was a pretty mortifying and cringeworthy moment within a sea of pure gold. I just HAD to bring it up as nobody else was mentioning it.

I'm not a hater :-)


As it seems you were the sole who actually noticed or took offense, perhaps the error is in you?

What error have I made exactly? - It's an appreciation thread in which I'm expressing 99% positive feedback and making a small criticism, which I expect, at least a few people agree with. You can't know that I'm the "sole" person who took offense!

For the record, you're saying that you watched the entire thing and you thought that speech was executed 100% perfrectly and couldn't have been done better in any way??

The perfect temperature is never noticed
CCa1ss1e
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3231 Posts
April 23 2012 14:25 GMT
#447
I only caught the semis onwards, but it was really great.. very exciting.. watched 480p mostly, but 720 was good too.. was awesome.. go thorzain!!

XD
~ The Ultimate Weapon
Paladia
Profile Joined August 2003
802 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-23 14:27:31
April 23 2012 14:26 GMT
#448
Here's the crowd reaction
from a spectators point of view.

Overall, a marvelous event and it was amazing in so many ways. The only valid complaint I heard was that for some places in the audience you kind of got the spotlight straight in your eyes, which made it difficult to watch the screen. Wasn't really a problem where I was sitting though.
I can no longer rest under the tree of wisdom, since you have axed down the roots feeding it.
Faerie
Profile Joined November 2006
39 Posts
April 23 2012 14:26 GMT
#449
I really enjoyed this latest EIZO dreamhack event. Good casting, good coachcasting, awesome matches, free HQ stream. When it comes to esports events, Dreamhack is the event to beat.
DBHErazor
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden181 Posts
April 23 2012 14:28 GMT
#450
Dreamhack stepping it up for sure. This is the event to beat now! <3
KristofferAG
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Norway25712 Posts
April 23 2012 14:29 GMT
#451
It was an amazing event. I really feel other major tournaments can learn from the production quality of DH Open in Stockholm, it was an absolute treat watching, even though I spent more time looking at the chat than I did looking at the stream.

I would easily have paid 10-15 bucks to watch this.
@KristofferAG | http://vestkyststoy.bandcamp.com | last.fm/user/KristofferAG
ibo422
Profile Joined April 2012
Belgium2844 Posts
April 23 2012 14:42 GMT
#452
Things get so more enjoyable watching with an enthusiastic crowd / production. Dreamhack & Homestory Cup FTW! <3
derElbe
Profile Joined February 2009
Germany571 Posts
April 23 2012 14:48 GMT
#453
Great Tournament!

and thanks Incontrol for being so cool!!
Hoejja - Bisu - Leenock - TLO
BeaSteR
Profile Joined May 2009
Sweden328 Posts
April 23 2012 22:57 GMT
#454
On April 23 2012 22:59 r00ty wrote:
Nice event as always, though i'd have prefered 2GD hosting!

Me too, he was there though so I don't know why they don't let him host again... he did such an awesome job in DH invitational last spring
Greed is good
GettingIt
Profile Joined August 2011
1656 Posts
April 23 2012 22:58 GMT
#455
Thank you for not being PPV!! <3
ssxsilver
Profile Joined June 2007
United States4409 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-23 23:07:02
April 23 2012 23:06 GMT
#456
On April 23 2012 21:02 TheSir wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 21:00 nymfaw wrote:
except for the terrible sound sometimes it was good.


when was that? i watched almost everything yesterday and didn't notice any sound problems


The sound did sometimes go out (vaguely remembering Polt vs Sjow). Since you don't get pitch perfect audio in MLB, NFL, or NBA games either, I wouldn't consider it to be that big a deal.
Ace1123
Profile Joined September 2011
Philippines1187 Posts
April 23 2012 23:10 GMT
#457
It is just awesome. From the venue to the production. More dreamhack! :D
ForGG, Mvp, MMA, MarineKing, BoxeR,
Swiv
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany3674 Posts
April 23 2012 23:15 GMT
#458
I enjoyed. thank you
[_] Terran [_] Zerg [_] Protoss [X] Random ------- Fantasy - hyvaa - sOs
Eee
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden2712 Posts
April 24 2012 01:41 GMT
#459
On April 24 2012 07:57 BeaSteR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 22:59 r00ty wrote:
Nice event as always, though i'd have prefered 2GD hosting!

Me too, he was there though so I don't know why they don't let him host again... he did such an awesome job in DH invitational last spring

he doesn't like hosting so he declines everytime.
Luftmensch
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
277 Posts
April 24 2012 06:26 GMT
#460
It was my first live event and I just loved how everything was well organized, that schedule was awesome for us out there to know how much time we had until the next match. It's too bad it wasn't packed full but all those shots of it being half-empty didn't do it justice because there was at least 200 people up in the bar the whole time and what I find a bit funny is that the crowd was constantly on the move, even during matches lots of people were simply wandering around the venue. It's also new to me to see everyone cheering for everyone, kudos to swedes on their sportsmanship. Oh and the crowd itself was so polarized: On my left sat a couple of guys who looked over 30 and on my right sat a really pretty girl in an EG shirt and drawings of race emblems on her arms holding a Hydra toy and she looked more into sc2 than I was. In front of me sat a guy who was constantly surprised that the aforementioned girl was cheering and was commenting on her to his friends. All in all, a nicely spent weekend.

Regarding this:
On April 23 2012 16:43 Womwomwom wrote:
I have a quick question and I'm not too sure where to put this. Do the progamers at Dreamhack use the Eizo Foris FS2332 when competing? If so, that's a rather interesting choice. What do the progamers honestly think of it?

Yes, all the monitors in the tournament area were FS2332. I dunno what the pros think of it but one thing I did notice is that Hyun kept brightness and contrast much lower than Ret for example. I myself own this monitor and the reason I bought is the positive reviews throughout the internet which made it the most valuable monitor for the money at that time, dunno if that is still the case.
You are now breathing manually
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 112
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15137
Calm 2166
Mini 159
Rush 119
EffOrt 101
Trap 20
Bale 15
scan(afreeca) 15
Dota 2
febbydoto17
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
fl0m3868
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King51
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4087
Liquid`Hasu654
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1889
Beastyqt795
B2W.Neo587
RotterdaM518
shahzam373
C9.Mang0252
IndyStarCraft 178
crisheroes174
ToD128
Trikslyr99
Dewaltoss62
UpATreeSC53
ZombieGrub35
JuggernautJason25
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
Other Games
Algost 4
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 28
• Michael_bg 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1021
Other Games
• imaqtpie1002
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
13h 40m
INu's Battles
14h 40m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
16h 40m
OSC
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 2h
OSC
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.