• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:26
CEST 08:26
KST 15:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202614Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8853 users

Video I recorded: IPL3 stephano vs kiwikaki game 2 - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
ChowChillaCharlie
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden677 Posts
October 09 2011 00:59 GMT
#21
Fuckin awesome! I really liked how the lightning went from blue to red when the battle started.
Rokman
Profile Joined May 2010
United States63 Posts
October 09 2011 01:01 GMT
#22
Yeah, I'm actually a production assistant on this gig, working in the master control. Basically the lightning crew is awesome and we have a few pro people who are telling us when interesting things happen in the match so we can get crowd shots or mess with lighting
Someone should build a pylon near their brain!
Lom
Profile Joined February 2011
54 Posts
October 09 2011 01:05 GMT
#23
kinda vod: http://www.justin.tv/ignproleague/b/297001692
stephano vs. kiwikaki g2 on shattered temple starts at around 0:32:00
Xcobidoo
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden1871 Posts
October 09 2011 01:08 GMT
#24
Actually the bad quality kind of adds to the effect
Supreme Intergalactic Commander
FlamingTurd
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1059 Posts
October 09 2011 01:46 GMT
#25
That video like blew out my speakers. Loved every minute of the IPL today. Gotta love the Gracken dominating like he has been also!
Nerf MMMT!!! Liquid`Ret Hwaiting!!!
SockS.912
Profile Joined May 2011
United States9 Posts
October 09 2011 08:42 GMT
#26
Biggest bullshit end game I have ever seen in my fucking life. Fuck you Kiwikaki you fucking broken mothership abusing prick....

User was temp banned for this post.
IMSmooth
Profile Joined May 2011
United States679 Posts
October 09 2011 08:48 GMT
#27
^ Oh my D:

I wish i had seen the game live looked fun
"Get your shit done... THEN party" - NonY
Piou
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium415 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-09 14:05:06
October 09 2011 12:46 GMT
#28
no shoutcast but it's better than nothing.... still a few minutes of processing before 1080p enabled

http://www.youtube.com/PiouStarcraft - http://www.facebook.com/pioustarcraft
Destructicon
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
4713 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-09 13:28:27
October 09 2011 13:18 GMT
#29
While I respect Kiwi, he is a good and capable player. I believe Stephano let him win the game.

What makes me believe this, is how Stephano played in that game.
Stephano played very sloppy, uncharacteristically so, he tried numerous times to do roach/hydra + corrupter busts vs zealot, stalker, sentry with colossus. A player the caliber of Stephano knows that it just doesn't work without any infestors.

Stephano didn't harass nearly enough even when he had amble opportunities. Notably he dropped in Kiwi's bases a couple of times but didn't micro the roaches, at times even when there was nothing else to distract him.

However what convinced me that Stephano was just letting Kiwi win, was that he was actually ahead of Kiwi in supply several times, at one point 2 times the supply of Kiwi, he clearly knew this too, he had the opportunity to camp and destory Kiwi's main, where he had his production facilities, he knew Kiwi couldn't do anything to stop him but Stephano just backed off.

In conclusion, I believe Stephano let Kiwi win, I believe Stephano was dictating the pace of the game all along, and I believe that if Stephano really wanted to, he could have crushed Kiwi numerous times early in the game before it even got too that stage and even in the late game.

Don't take it wrong, I still believe Kiwi did some amazing stuff with the Mothership, and the snipe on the main was nice, but it still felt like Stephano just let him have his way.

I'm not sure why Stephano did this, perhaps he wanted to show us, the entire world he is truly fearless and unemotional. Perhaps he wanted to show that no matter how many times you get back up he could beat you back down. Or perhaps he wanted to show us that he can be even slower and more methodical than even Thorzain, perhaps he wants to be the next spoon killer.

I only hope that I am not the only one who noticed these inconsistencies.
WriterNever give up, never surrender! https://www.youtube.com/user/DestructiconSC
Kira__
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden2672 Posts
October 09 2011 13:22 GMT
#30
nerdchills.
The truth is, Yagami-kun, I suspect that you may in fact be Kira.
Piou
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium415 Posts
October 09 2011 16:37 GMT
#31
On October 09 2011 22:22 Kira__ wrote:
nerdchills.


Kiwi made me belive into usefull motherships... but yeah, sometimes stephano did stupid mistakes :s
http://www.youtube.com/PiouStarcraft - http://www.facebook.com/pioustarcraft
Soma.bokforlag
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden448 Posts
October 09 2011 16:42 GMT
#32
hahaha, was this filmed with a cellphone from the 90s or what? :D

cool thing with the lights turning from blue to red tough
SirMilford
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia1269 Posts
October 09 2011 16:44 GMT
#33
On October 09 2011 22:18 Destructicon wrote:
While I respect Kiwi, he is a good and capable player. I believe Stephano let him win the game.

What makes me believe this, is how Stephano played in that game.
Stephano played very sloppy, uncharacteristically so, he tried numerous times to do roach/hydra + corrupter busts vs zealot, stalker, sentry with colossus. A player the caliber of Stephano knows that it just doesn't work without any infestors.

Stephano didn't harass nearly enough even when he had amble opportunities. Notably he dropped in Kiwi's bases a couple of times but didn't micro the roaches, at times even when there was nothing else to distract him.

However what convinced me that Stephano was just letting Kiwi win, was that he was actually ahead of Kiwi in supply several times, at one point 2 times the supply of Kiwi, he clearly knew this too, he had the opportunity to camp and destory Kiwi's main, where he had his production facilities, he knew Kiwi couldn't do anything to stop him but Stephano just backed off.

In conclusion, I believe Stephano let Kiwi win, I believe Stephano was dictating the pace of the game all along, and I believe that if Stephano really wanted to, he could have crushed Kiwi numerous times early in the game before it even got too that stage and even in the late game.

Don't take it wrong, I still believe Kiwi did some amazing stuff with the Mothership, and the snipe on the main was nice, but it still felt like Stephano just let him have his way.

I'm not sure why Stephano did this, perhaps he wanted to show us, the entire world he is truly fearless and unemotional. Perhaps he wanted to show that no matter how many times you get back up he could beat you back down. Or perhaps he wanted to show us that he can be even slower and more methodical than even Thorzain, perhaps he wants to be the next spoon killer.

I only hope that I am not the only one who noticed these inconsistencies.

Ok, but you never said why!
I seriously doubt stephano "let" kiwi win. I think that he was surprised by the mothership etc and just made a few poor decisions.
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13022 Posts
October 09 2011 16:45 GMT
#34
On October 09 2011 22:18 Destructicon wrote:
While I respect Kiwi, he is a good and capable player. I believe Stephano let him win the game.

What makes me believe this, is how Stephano played in that game.
Stephano played very sloppy, uncharacteristically so, he tried numerous times to do roach/hydra + corrupter busts vs zealot, stalker, sentry with colossus. A player the caliber of Stephano knows that it just doesn't work without any infestors.

Stephano didn't harass nearly enough even when he had amble opportunities. Notably he dropped in Kiwi's bases a couple of times but didn't micro the roaches, at times even when there was nothing else to distract him.

However what convinced me that Stephano was just letting Kiwi win, was that he was actually ahead of Kiwi in supply several times, at one point 2 times the supply of Kiwi, he clearly knew this too, he had the opportunity to camp and destory Kiwi's main, where he had his production facilities, he knew Kiwi couldn't do anything to stop him but Stephano just backed off.

In conclusion, I believe Stephano let Kiwi win, I believe Stephano was dictating the pace of the game all along, and I believe that if Stephano really wanted to, he could have crushed Kiwi numerous times early in the game before it even got too that stage and even in the late game.

Don't take it wrong, I still believe Kiwi did some amazing stuff with the Mothership, and the snipe on the main was nice, but it still felt like Stephano just let him have his way.

I'm not sure why Stephano did this, perhaps he wanted to show us, the entire world he is truly fearless and unemotional. Perhaps he wanted to show that no matter how many times you get back up he could beat you back down. Or perhaps he wanted to show us that he can be even slower and more methodical than even Thorzain, perhaps he wants to be the next spoon killer.

I only hope that I am not the only one who noticed these inconsistencies.

mTw/Naruto said that Stephano didn't seem to play to his usual level.
And his pool games against aLive were "weird" if you know what I mean but these were less important matches so even if he didn't try hard to win against aLive, I doubt he will risk getting eliminated by not playing his best in such an important game (even if he was up 1-0, if it's tied you can lose SO easily against a player of that caliber that's really I don't see him risk that)
WriterMaru
Dispersion
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Korea (South)504 Posts
October 09 2011 16:48 GMT
#35
As a Zerg player...damn. One of the coolest endings I've ever seen.
Don't worry. Taht's just Halo
KingOfAmerica
Profile Joined April 2011
United States246 Posts
October 09 2011 16:50 GMT
#36
Incredible game. So happy I caught it live. Kiwi is such a gangster
The nukes gonna land on his aarrrrmmmmyyy AHHHHH
Fleshcut
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany592 Posts
October 09 2011 16:54 GMT
#37
Simply the best game I ever saw and Kiwi deserved the win. I'll make sure to watch it again and again from time to time! :3 Stephano's games are always the best! (Remember Stephano vs Brat_OK where nobody wanted to win because the winner had to face Sen in the next round XD)
Brettatron
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada159 Posts
October 09 2011 17:42 GMT
#38
On October 09 2011 22:18 Destructicon wrote:
While I respect Kiwi, he is a good and capable player. I believe Stephano let him win the game.

What makes me believe this, is how Stephano played in that game.
Stephano played very sloppy, uncharacteristically so, he tried numerous times to do roach/hydra + corrupter busts vs zealot, stalker, sentry with colossus. A player the caliber of Stephano knows that it just doesn't work without any infestors.

Stephano didn't harass nearly enough even when he had amble opportunities. Notably he dropped in Kiwi's bases a couple of times but didn't micro the roaches, at times even when there was nothing else to distract him.

However what convinced me that Stephano was just letting Kiwi win, was that he was actually ahead of Kiwi in supply several times, at one point 2 times the supply of Kiwi, he clearly knew this too, he had the opportunity to camp and destory Kiwi's main, where he had his production facilities, he knew Kiwi couldn't do anything to stop him but Stephano just backed off.

In conclusion, I believe Stephano let Kiwi win, I believe Stephano was dictating the pace of the game all along, and I believe that if Stephano really wanted to, he could have crushed Kiwi numerous times early in the game before it even got too that stage and even in the late game.

Don't take it wrong, I still believe Kiwi did some amazing stuff with the Mothership, and the snipe on the main was nice, but it still felt like Stephano just let him have his way.

I'm not sure why Stephano did this, perhaps he wanted to show us, the entire world he is truly fearless and unemotional. Perhaps he wanted to show that no matter how many times you get back up he could beat you back down. Or perhaps he wanted to show us that he can be even slower and more methodical than even Thorzain, perhaps he wants to be the next spoon killer.

I only hope that I am not the only one who noticed these inconsistencies.


Sounds like someone is salty his favorite pro can get rattled and make mistakes. No one LETS their opponent win in a tournament like this (well... ok... Brood Wars... LOLOLOL). People are human, they make mistakes. Makes things interesting.
Rokman
Profile Joined May 2010
United States63 Posts
October 09 2011 17:44 GMT
#39
On October 10 2011 01:42 Soma.bokforlag wrote:
hahaha, was this filmed with a cellphone from the 90s or what? :D

cool thing with the lights turning from blue to red tough

Samsung Galaxy Prevail.
Someone should build a pylon near their brain!
AbztraK
Profile Joined August 2011
United States26 Posts
October 10 2011 07:56 GMT
#40
i never understood why artosis got "nerd tears" but this game actually did it to me i think

this game is why we live for this game and why we love it

kiwikaki you are amazing
i can find much more productive things to do in the amount of time i would split my workers. for example right after i click my workers to mine, i quickly tweak my left nipple
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 120
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3943
Mong 80
sorry 35
ToSsGirL 17
Icarus 8
Noble 8
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King171
Other Games
summit1g8004
WinterStarcraft599
C9.Mang0262
ceh9217
Sick155
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 37
• StrangeGG 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2276
League of Legends
• Lourlo889
• Stunt397
Other Games
• Shiphtur530
Upcoming Events
OSC
16h 35m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 3h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.